FMCU Joint Save

andychar

Image result for rijeka fc

The last update for today I think, I will continue the season later tonight. I want to spend some time over the winter break, its quite long so I will do some scouting, clean up the squad a little and add to the shortlist for the next manager. I have yet to decide if I will spend any money, most likely only for a hot prospect that can move the club forward.

December Fixtures

Our defence is a bit erratic at times,  our GK Pandur is 100% not good enough at all to take us to the next level. I am looking at options

8af4e9b77d8fc1f9edd600807304e954.png

bdf2c0588687f6250997b951fb6ae83b.png

December Table

Still in control here, its not over yet by a long shot to be honest. 

61fd0de59c998ebe0b80824b52d4cd8f.png

Champions League 

Against the odds we did it, we finish 2nd in a pretty tough group. It will ensure we have more money to come in, the next manager is going to have a huge kitty to play with at this stage.

Our next opponents are already known, we will be playing Inter Milan and the have Erling Haaland, Cengiz Under, Sensi, Barella but we will give it a shot.

652ce0cb7291974fbe6d9d954ef90e74.png

73f6d4aa79848a5ec29e666812482b30.png

Squad Stats

Some outstanding performances so far.

Ivan Brnic - Banging in the goals for fun at the moment, he leads the line and is our best player

Ilija Simunec - is a monster on left wing, hes also scoing goals for fun. Hes a very very important player for us

Denis Busnja - What can I say about him? hes right footed and I am making him play right inside forward but hes loving it. Hes our chief playmaker and supplies all the goals.

Adam Benic - Inherited the right WB slot, taken to it like a duck to water. He scores, hes supplies and hes vital.

Ivo Filipovic - Our loan CB but hes our best CB, hes chipped in 4 goals and considering hes partner Joseph has 10, it speaks volume for his quality that his rating is higher

Zvonimir Dobric - Hes the future star of this team, hes playing DLP and I am trying to improve him all the time. Still only 18, hes going to be a monster in 2-3 seasons. He needs to add more goals and assists but they will come with experience.

I need to get more games into a few players, Zezelj is a talent, still only 17 but progressing nice and hes had 27 starts so far, more games and hes going to explode. I have neglected Emmanuel Bahi a little too much, hes also a big talent and needs games and I will get him those in the 2nd half of the season. Its a shame Dobric is keeping him out.  We have problems with the GK, hes not great and you can expect a change to come here during winter, assuming I can nail the target or targets that I would like.  I also dont trust either of our backup fullbacks as they are also pretty bad and I am yet to work out whos the best AMC at the moment, so Kontos, Popovic and Brlic all split games there.

I will take a break now, and try and continue later tonight Australian time.

d05f64456e3f799643edb8a55f7bbf74.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely agree about swapping the GK. I was looking even last season but nothing became available. There were 2 amazing teenage prospects available if I remember rightly, but both of them were going to go for big bucks and I just didn't have that sort of money. 

There were a few youngsters at centre-half that I thought were going to turn out good who seem to have vanished. Can't remember names. 

*** Zvonomir & (26) Zezelj were always going to be the stars in the middle so glad you have continued their development. :thup:

I always thought that Petrovic was ahead of Simunec on the left wing, (and there was a 3rd one too but I can't remember his name). Either way 22 goals from there is brilliant. (Maybe it's the more advanced position AML over ML that suits Simunec over Petrovic. Either way, what you have got out of Simunec is phenomenal for an 18 year old. :applause:

(19) Denis Busnja's performances have been out of this world! :eek: :applause:

I'm really glad Brnic has come good. Maybe I should have given him more opportunities last season. :( I think the way you have just straight away made Brnic 1st choice is one of the advantages of this save.

Brilliant progress and updates for you. Thanks and well done @Kingofcm03

January Transfers

I promised to try and resolve our GK issue, we resolved it well. Actually we signed 2 better options and hence we sold both our current number 1 and 2... I did warn you that I was ruthless.

Johan Garcia

Welcome to our new number 1 between the sticks, his personality is not ideal but his ability is. He should resolve our issues at the back and be the rock we require. Hes 18 with 5 caps for Columbia, hes going places.

d48ecb6c5ac04e260b45ae611db69862.png

Omid Rezaei

I spent a few months searching the globe for options and came up with both Garica and Rezaei, I had a hard time working out who I wanted. There was a massive price difference, in the end we signed both. He will be our number 2 but hes good, so we should develop him and try to see what happens. I will however try my best to rotate them so both get games, the next manager can decide who what to do.

4711562d10cf326d3b17f24bfa927c55.png

Nikola Rudovic

I saw this kid late in the window, I usually do all my scouting manually. This save file having attribute masking on has made it challenging as my way of making it more real is manually clicking through teams and countries to find players, regardless we scouted him once and saw a few nice numbers in the first scout report. I decided to take a guess, I think he could be ok in the future despite his terrible work rate.

c45934ca912ed8a0ec8dbd9b8e25c120.png

Transfers

We have a slight issue of to many foreigners in the first team squad of 23, we cant use the full 12 subs available and usually run with 10. This can be resolved with finding suitable EU options for our reserve LB and RB as they are taking 2 of those spots. In my opinion, we should be using the 5 spots allowed in the first 11 if we need. We are of course now using 2 of those with both GKs. I will try and find some options but its slim pickings. This issue alone is one of the reasons I sold Vargas, he was a serviceable player but not worth wasting a spot on. I am also being careful with the finances, I only wanted to spend once I knew we would go further in the Champions League, we should have close to another 10 million coming in at least so I didn't feel bad spending 2 million on upgrades.

e95a37b7ee1b6daa1889cd51cd309d8e.png

Edited by Kingofcm03

January and February Fixtures

So Inter were good, better than I thought and Haaland scored 2 goals. We made it 2-2 but its 2 away goals, I have time to fix this as the return game is middle of March

79e4bb89739056c6377a4ad71d8f18c0.png

January Table

Back to back? Looking pretty good. There is still 11 games to go, I would like to hit 100 goals.

0195a7033165a73cd7ca473199ae80ad.png

March Fixtures

Smash and grab anybody?

90+1 minute.... 

Javairo Dilrosun for Inter is a monster player, he ran us around. I had to man mark him for most of the game and deploy and DM to stop them running up the middle.

6225a71ac2d0600e0c509b6e9067b4af.png

Champions League

Next up another Italian side Napoli, they are 4th in Serie A and just 1 place above Inter. They have Moise Kean and Lozano who will be a worry for us with their speed on the break.

1fc7a3dadce835c9ea1c8168baaf65ca.png

Champions League Semi Final Draw

Lyon getting passed Liverpool would be ideal, should we beat Napoli...

02e3b6182e1d35067d27bf79cd5ac46d.png

Here is how the Champions League has played out on the save, a few double defeats for Spurs, PSG and Juventus....

ad95f844812f0aef4d117074735c2fb3.png

The rest of March went through with no issues, 

878bf9018f02569b9fd0741e7cab3229.png

That also means......

Back to Back titles!

1bf5ec9ae3e291669e024a7550396959.png

March Table

acbe111e7d130d2864097c72e0c875a4.png

April Fixtures

Well after that crazy excitement we had to get back to the other matches this month, we had the Semi Final of the Hrvatski Nogonetni Kup against Dinamo to play and win and we will go on and play Zadar in the final. We also had the away leg against Liverpool to deal with and after the first 15 mins I thought it was going to be another one of those games but it slowed down and we get the 2-1 away win. Amazing result.

8c9b37a3147bbb2cda62b9d1fb315284.png

In the other Semi Final we saw Barcelona at home to Spurs and would play out a 1-1 draw.

The rest of April, no change from the normal.

54353c66c552e372acb243a47b06c1c2.png

I have just the month of May to go, then I will be handing over to @Makoto Nakamura

Just now, Jimbokav1971 said:

Wow. He's not even that good. :eek:

The main reason I bought him was that he was a product of our Academy. :lol:

Not really and hes playing inside forward with a right foot on the right hand side..... hes got laser crossing and teamwork. He gets into the positions.

Just now, Kingofcm03 said:

Not really and hes playing inside forward with a right foot on the right hand side..... hes got laser crossing and teamwork. He gets into the positions.

I thought you had an IF on that side. 

What's your thinking? You want an IF there and don't have a lefty better than him, (you probably do actually), or you just gave him a chance and he took it so while he is filling his boots you don't need to try anyone else?

5 minutes ago, Jimbokav1971 said:

I thought you had an IF on that side. 

What's your thinking? You want an IF there and don't have a lefty better than him, (you probably do actually), or you just gave him a chance and he took it so while he is filling his boots you don't need to try anyone else?

Basically yes, I was going to play Petrovic out there as hes left footed and can play that side but Busnja just started banging in goals and creating havoc, it was really hard to swap him out. I didn't have the heart to do it...

I also did the same thing in my Metalist save, we played with a right footed player at IF-right and it just worked?

What I think happens is because he is right footed, if he cant cut inside as hes meant to...then at least hes got his best foot ready to cross? thats all I can think to make sense. He scores when cutting in and gets assits when the lanes are blocked via a cross....

Edited by Kingofcm03

Champions League Final

I am very sorry guys! we lost the final :(

This were going very well early on but they had a little too much class and they finished us off in the 78th minute, we will have to wait to add the European Champions League to our Asian title.

Anyway it means @Makoto Nakamura can swoop in and win it next season.

3b82b0552e47b81b9ab7d0027de42625.png

May Fixtures

d832d220ce7d8f92f0f734dc35c8365a.png

2f3de2da79ad39abe1d66822eeb740c4.png

0c4ee0cad7283170ec74fec5242de400.png

I will do a final hand over post and get the file sent over to @Makoto Nakamura at some stage in the next few hours or so....

I will not hit continue from this date. May 28th. 2028

Final Update and Handover

Well we came up short in the Champions League final, was a magical run to be fair. We really are not that good but got lucky. We completed the invincible league title, retained the Cup as well.

Finances

Surely @Makoto Nakamura can win it with these funds available? and the file will be in his inbox ASAP

16b6657f90c4f48edda39233a7dc5194.png

Final Squad Stats and Notes

The final 23 man squad as we finished the season, we have big hopes for the future.

Zezelj, Dobric and Bahi are future stars, they will only become better again next season. I actually think that Bahi is going to be the best of the 3 in the end, I pumped games into him after the winter break and he came along well.

Brnic is a superb forward, scoring 51 goals from 59 games, hes still only 20 and I would assume will do it again and again. We do with finding a 2nd forward option but Popovic is our club captain and can be used there. I was using him in the AMC slot so his production was out, he was my decoy option to free space for Brnic.

We know have 2 great GK between the sticks, Garcia is on his way to being World Class in a few seasons, Rezaei is also very talented

To move the club forward, we need to improve the CB postions, that is what I would do if I was playing on, spend the money and lock down that area of the pitch. We need to also find a plan for replacing Busnja or at least finding a backup and rotation option for him, we could use Petrovic out there but hes also done a fine job backing up Simunec as the left winger. We also should look to find EU options for both back up fullbacks, its supper annoying having them as foreigner spots, we only get 5 and they take 2 of those and the GKs take another 2. We could easily get rid of Joseph at CB and that would free up a slot as well. I also dont think Kontos is good enough to be a starter for us and hes been moaning the entire time about game time, he could also be sold and a space there would be made.

9a0b61ff7da597b368ba3620c2e5325f.png

I have arranged for these 2 transfers, well 1 of them has been arrange the other is in the middle of deciding on the contract. I think we should bring him in, but finding out and agreeing that means clicking forward and I dont want to do that.

e5a97b67b68335fc9a54af9321fb85fb.png

a762b0a09da9f658f5a12c3870225f42.png

c8d84bf78ed8950caf3890a2fde3b858.png

24ebf49c3c1779c400b79819be0d43ae.png

21 minutes ago, andychar said:

Idea for next time....

From now on that's my managers name in any save I do.

Fabulous

and 65 games unbeaten, and we lose 2-0 to a team who have 2 shots on target! Just surprised one of them wasn't an own goal...