Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2040/41 End of Season Review

09b84c624e043f2f5050d833223519cf.png

d3c775fb28b356c599baa2d809af894c.png

3e0076655924a3b01d202dd0efa211ae.png

5cd09f5740c412d38aabb67e497c6c75.png

e4691c0466c708780487aa8ec68c0c8e.png

1f94dd034382861949954343e07f93f1.png 629c48e3a11d8581c95192cf9f4c23aa.png fe85a5fd12ef0d6c71f5c30f9524f682.png 0bf0075892478e4601cc315b2f8605ed.png c86a83683d57a7ea68f7a37a9d438685.png

What. A. Season. We've been there and won it breaking records on the way, @smp20 it's up to you to dominate South America now! :D 

1f6e74dcf2d4c5f6eee60adac82aae8e.png7724c75d265d38665c91bd690023960d.png

9c412d66c0987cd934ea0b67a5a4fc50.png

b0781063f3dc0cb1555f0a1dedfe80f4.png

2040/41 Best XI

9d7a1f833d6df8bef41e837081e5917d.png

Thandolwethu Comitis

Lefa Ntombela - Ernesto Reynoso - Njabulo Makhubele - Rodolfo Franco

Bandile Shangase - Motsosi Khanyile

Sqiniseko Lakay - Thato Kunene - Grant Ndlovu 

Pablo Garcia

So the update. I didn’t bother before @Makoto Nakamura for obvious reasons!

1. Wynter 
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec 
  4. Noikeee
  5. Mandy42 
  6. Jimbokav1971
  7. Makoto Nakamura 
  8. Smp20 <———— We are here! 
  9. Benjoe 
  10. henri.melo00
  11. Oldmangravz

I think if anybody does want to join they join at the end of the list. We seem to be flying through at the moment so it wouldn’t be much more of a wait adding a person. 

:lol: @Makoto Nakamuranever fails to deliver. #Where'sOurPassport #SouthAmericaHereWeCome

@andycharYou might have to take me off the list I think. I don't think the save will be playable for me by the time it comes round again. 

Thanks to you and everyone else by the way. :applause: I have absolutely loved my 2 seasons in the save. I played in 2 new Nations, (South Africa is actually decent because of all the different competitions but would obviously be better with a smaller club), and won a few trophies. Brilliant stuff. 

If we do this again with a fresh save then be sure to count me in. :thup:

Edited by Jimbokav1971

@andychar seeing as my turn is coming up very soon I think it's best to make a decision now, and pull myself from the list as well.

I can't even make time for my own FM projects that I've spent many hours to prepare for.. 

I enjoyed my stay at Valencia immensely and this has been a very successful Joint Save imo and it's been a joy to follow so far! There were a few things that nagged me a bit here at the end though (CA/PA revealed in a Joint Save is honestly a big no-no for me for instance) - but ultimately time was the main killer for me. 

Looking forward to see where this journey goes from here!

1 hour ago, Benjoe said:

@andychar seeing as my turn is coming up very soon I think it's best to make a decision now, and pull myself from the list as well.

I can't even make time for my own FM projects that I've spent many hours to prepare for.. 

I enjoyed my stay at Valencia immensely and this has been a very successful Joint Save imo and it's been a joy to follow so far! There were a few things that nagged me a bit here at the end though (CA/PA revealed in a Joint Save is honestly a big no-no for me for instance) - but ultimately time was the main killer for me. 

Looking forward to see where this journey goes from here!

Ok no problem. Ive also had word from @smp20 that he simply doesn’t have the time to complete his season. Therefore the list looks like this...

1. Wynter 
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec 
  4. Noikeee
  5. Mandy42 
  6. Jimbokav1971
  7. Makoto Nakamura
  8. henri.melo00 <—— we are here
  9. Oldmangravz

So just like that @henri.melo00 you are up! I think it makes sense to take the save straight from @Makoto Nakamura and we ignore where @smp20 took us. 

On 04/06/2020 at 08:07, Makoto Nakamura said:

The save is here. 

46 minutes ago, andychar said:

Ok no problem. Ive also had word from @smp20 that he simply doesn’t have the time to complete his season. Therefore the list looks like this...

1. Wynter 
  2. Andychar
  3. Rikulec 
  4. Noikeee
  5. Mandy42 
  6. Jimbokav1971
  7. Makoto Nakamura
  8. henri.melo00 <—— we are here
  9. Oldmangravz

So just like that @henri.melo00 you are up! I think it makes sense to take the save straight from @Makoto Nakamura and we ignore where @smp20 took us. 

The save is here. 

Ok, I'm downloading right now

Like smp did, I resigned and started looking for a opening in South America. My desire was an job in the Peruvian League, because this become kinda a Pentagon Challenge and it would be nice to win the Libertadores with a nation that never won the trophy. But, in my job hunt, I remained open to whatever would come (except Independiente Santa Fe, it's a good side, I was hoping for a more difficult challenge, to stretch the challenge). I had interviews with Union La Calera, Huachipato, Deportes Iquique (Chile 1st division), Alianza Petrolera (Colombian 2nd division), Independiente Santa Fe (Colombian 1st division), Rampla Jrs (Uruguayan 2nd division). But, with almost a month of job hunting, no Peruvian team sacked his manager, so, I went to the one that fancied me the most.

1181730931_CorporacinDeportivaAlianzaPetrolera_.thumb.png.f7b099f877673fbdd0f6e97a09f36c7a.png

1784313710_CorporacinDeportivaAlianzaPetrolera_-2.thumb.png.b579f2a3636f7cafa04d9985fa22b4e5.png

1690721254_CorporacinDeportivaAlianzaPetrolera_Overview.thumb.png.3faf56328626c31b55793ffc3d2c68ef.png

Colombia follows the solar calendar, from January to December? How we will handle this time difference?

56 minutes ago, henri.melo00 said:

Like smp did, I resigned and started looking for a opening in South America. My desire was an job in the Peruvian League, because this become kinda a Pentagon Challenge and it would be nice to win the Libertadores with a nation that never won the trophy. But, in my job hunt, I remained open to whatever would come (except Independiente Santa Fe, it's a good side, I was hoping for a more difficult challenge, to stretch the challenge). I had interviews with Union La Calera, Huachipato, Deportes Iquique (Chile 1st division), Alianza Petrolera (Colombian 2nd division), Independiente Santa Fe (Colombian 1st division), Rampla Jrs (Uruguayan 2nd division). But, with almost a month of job hunting, no Peruvian team sacked his manager, so, I went to the one that fancied me the most.

1181730931_CorporacinDeportivaAlianzaPetrolera_.thumb.png.f7b099f877673fbdd0f6e97a09f36c7a.png

1784313710_CorporacinDeportivaAlianzaPetrolera_-2.thumb.png.b579f2a3636f7cafa04d9985fa22b4e5.png

1690721254_CorporacinDeportivaAlianzaPetrolera_Overview.thumb.png.3faf56328626c31b55793ffc3d2c68ef.png

Colombia follows the solar calendar, from January to December? How we will handle this time difference?

My thought if this ever happened was you finish the season and then do a full season. It’s more than most but it’s more fair than you missing out. How does that sound to everybody?

Agreed, doesn't make much sense for him to play only half a season. It'd also be worse because whoever comes next would have to play from middle of the season to middle of the season and so on. :D 

Alianza Petrolera
2041 | The beginning

I started the Alianza Petrolera reign on 23/06, and on 14/07 we already have the first game of the Second Phase of Torneo Postobon (2nd division). 

The Torneo Postobon has a very confusing format. In the 1st Phase, the 8 best teams qualify for the semi-finals. The semi-finals has two groups of four and the two 1st of each goes to the final. Those two play against each other two times to decide the winner of the 1st Phase, and if I surmised correctly, this team isn't promoted, only has a place in the Champions Playoff. The 2nd Phase has the same format. But curiously, we have a champions and promotion playoff. The two winners of each phase play against each other and the winner is the Champion. The loser then goes to the promotion playoff, but I don't know where the 3rd team comes from, if it's from the overall league table or from the finals of each phase.

Other strange fact is that the league is played from January to December, but the contracts of the players and staff all expire in the middle of the season. Because of this, I have released 9 players, except one was good enough to be in the team, but wouldn't fit in my tactical plans, so, I released him because he was earning almost 12k euros per month.

Alianza Petrolera was demoted from Liga Postobon in 2038, and has gone to the semi-final of each phase until the first semester of this season. But the team has never went pass the semi-final phase.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Torneo-Postobon_-Stages55b3e3b72bda014b.

I will play with the same squad that is available for me right now, I only need 1 or 2 keepers to finish the squad. My first signing was Jhonny Cruz, a young keeper that can evolve a lot. I'm also looking to sign a more experienced keeper. Sadly, we have a lot of unambitious players and it will be the main challenge of the squad, until we can get rid of them.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_

Tactics

With a lot of central midfielders and strikers, I will use the 4-2-4 as the main tactic. Right now, I will start with something basic like wing play. But we have potential for controlled possession tactics.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_

Right-backs

Cristian-Caicedo_-Attributese002455e58adJair-Ruales_-Attributesb41a2c1f0ac1b97c.

Centre-back

Guillermo-Bedoya_-Attributesb60d3010df64Pedro-Guerra_-Attributes2112c81e4dfcee2fSebastian-Bonilla_-Attributes27ee6b74d05Sebastian-Vargas_-Attributesde97bea5e00f

Left-backs

Jhonier-Forero_-Attributeseb44c74dc3b2e8Julian-Becerra_-Attributesddc554c1a50790

Right-midfielders and wingers

Carlos-Alberto-Perez_-Attributes4679e9aaRicardo-Mendez_-Attributesfbfbf0e021daad

Central-midfielders

Andres-Uribe_-Attributes532607c15337ac34Daniel-Murillo_-Attributes0b2ccd51366245Dayron-Duque_-Attributes3bdac86cc8a33eabFernando-Chan_-Attributes027cc91fc669318Heriberto-Villanueva_-Attributesb0765541Ricardo-Vargas_-Attributes1725ecb69932b7

Left-midfielders and wingers

Jhon-Martinez_-Attributes9df54b8a746dd39Orlando-de-Jesus-Florez_-Attributes2cbf0

Strikers

Frank-Ochoa_-Attributes381bba233f7a5c3f.Jaen-Carreazo_-Attributesfa5870cc835c9bcJuan-Zuniga_-Attributesd39da9d2bfe79d5b.Roger-Espinosa_-Attributes37dfa2c51feefd

Analyst and Assistant Reports

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_

Also, not a lot of talent in the under 20s, but we have good training and youth facilities, adequate youth coaching and average youth recruitment. Not bad for colombian 2nd tier.

I am still rebuilding the staff, because when I started, I was the only member, aside the doctor and the chairman.

Financially, we are not doing fine, and is one of the reasons I'm not pursuing reinforcements. We kinda have 82k per month in the salary budget and 2,25 millions to invest, but it's not wise.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_

4 hours ago, henri.melo00 said:

The Torneo Postobon has a very confusing format. In the 1st Phase, the 8 best teams qualify for the semi-finals. The semi-finals has two groups of four and the two 1st of each goes to the final. Those two play against each other two times to decide the winner of the 1st Phase, and if I surmised correctly, this team isn't promoted, only has a place in the Champions Playoff. The 2nd Phase has the same format. But curiously, we have a champions and promotion playoff. The two winners of each phase play against each other and the winner is the Champion. The loser then goes to the promotion playoff, but I don't know where the 3rd team comes from, if it's from the overall league table or from the finals of each phase.

Other strange fact is that the league is played from January to December, but the contracts of the players and staff all expire in the middle of the season. Because of this, I have released 9 players, except one was good enough to be in the team, but wouldn't fit in my tactical plans, so, I released him because he was earning almost 12k euros per month.

Alianza Petrolera
2041 | The first six months

I hurt my neck in the middle of the week (the reason that the updates stopped), and I'm still having trouble sitting for writing long texts on the PC. So, I'm sorry, but I'll have to throw a bunch of images and little context for this one. What I have to say of this start is summed in the last post.

Transfers

I received an offer of a team of the 1st colombian division for one of our best prospects, I asked enough money to put our balance in the black, and they accepted it. Also, the player wanted to leave.

Manager-Managervich_-Inbox7beee4db457b2e

I brought a free center-back who will be a backup.

Carlos-Mario-Gonzalez_-Attributesd6c19df

All fixtures and 2nd Phase table

Good ride, a little luck in the semi-finals and a great performance to win the 2nd Phase.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Torneo-Postobon_-Profile7f20479009c8b7d1

Champions Playoff

La-Equidad-v-Alianza-Petrolera_-Reviewc9Alianza-Petrolera-v-La-Equidad_-Review43

I was unable to win against La Equidad in our 3 matches this season, they were a team that no matter what I did, they always were clinical and perfect against us. They won the 1st Phase, so, they let us win the 2nd, because is the only explanation for us to be in the finals of the 2nd Stage. 

Promotion Playoff

Alianza-Petrolera-v-Deportivo-Pereira_-RDeportivo-Pereira-v-Alianza-Petrolera_-R

After the game, I proceed to list all the unambitious players of the 1st team.

Overall Table

In the end, the 2 best teams got promoted, La Equidad faced Deportivo Pereira in the 1st phase finals and I faced Deportivo Pereira in the 2nd Phase Finals. I believe that the time that the two teams had to rest before playing against us was a major factor of our demise, alongside the unambitious players.

Torneo-Postobon_-Stages2a49e3bfcefd9f1e.

Squad stats

Other infos

Winning the Second Phase 2nd stage gave us a huge financial boost.

Manager-Managervich_-Inbox-2217b4bdf3c06Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_

1 hour ago, henri.melo00 said:

I'm finishing the first year with Alianza, but I'll need more time to finish the other half of the season for us to have the proper calendar for new managers.

Go for it mate, take your time 

Alianza Petrolera
2042 | One year in Colombia

I'm a little pressed for time now, and I really liked how I was able to swiftly update with my neck hurt in the last post, so, I'll repeat that.

Transfers

My greatest concern was to rid the squad of the unambitious types and bring players with better personalities, or ones that I could fix via mentoring. Also, I switched the tactics from the 4-2-4 Wing Play for 4-1-2-3 Control Possession, and I needed to bring at least a DM. I had a lot of problems with the registration of foreigners players (only 4 could be registered, but only 3 can be in the starting 11) because the Colombian players weren't too good. So, in some positions, I would have good foreigners players that I could sign, but, couldn't because of the rules. So, I had to decide what were the most important positions to bring players. This situation led to a reduced squad of only 19 players.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_

Johan Ruiz originally was brought to be a backup for my defenders, but without being able to find a proper right-back, and Guerra being quite good in that position, Johan Ruiz became a very important part of our starting 11. Marcos González was brought to be our first keeper. I liked Cruz, but needed a backup, while searching I deemed González a very good player, and it would be best to move Cruz to a backup. Richard Sierra was brought to fight for position with Forero, being a little better than the former, but, I still was in the market for a better left-back. Jhon Aponzá came to be our backup striker, but being quite a versatile player, he had a lot of playing time and was very important in the season. Luiz Martínez was the better left back I was looking for, but, sometimes, I wonder, if it wasn't best to bring another right-back instead of having two young left-backs. At last, Santiago Luna was the player I needed for my tactic to work as I envisioned it. When I'm playing any possession tactic, I like to have a playmaker in the DM position, and Luna fitted like a glove in that plan.

Johan-Ruiz_-Attributes81c2156c51c20db6.pMarcos-Gonzalez_-Attributes27a1b6a813796Richard-Sierra_-Attributes47a2853a993c02Jhon-Aponza_-Attributesc0cb15bda8b8fa2b.Luis-Martinez_-Attributes2327e61c5c3961dSantiago-Luna_-Attributesfafc325f837d436

Copa Postobon

The Colombian has a group phase with 7 groups with 4 clubs in each. Our group had two clubs from our division and América de Cali, from the top flight. As the Red Devils was in the group, I didn't fancy our chances to much. But we had a good start, winning against them, and, in the end, even with our two losses, we were able to guarantee the top spot in the group and we went ahead to the Second Round, there we will play against Millonarios, one of the greatest clubs of the country. I don't see us winning, but, if our experience against Cali taught us something is that we can dream.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Copa-Postobon_-Profile93221d33b216528c.pAlianza-Petrolera-v-America-de-Cali_-RevAmerica-de-Cali-v-Alianza-Petrolera_-Rev

Torneo Postobon

We maintained the form of the last season, and we managed to improve it, because we went unbeaten, with 10 wins and 5 draws in the first phase league stage. Because of that, we were the best team and achieved the 1st position. After a good 15 team unbeaten run, and being the Second Phase holder, I expected to be in the finals, and the team didn't disappointed. We went through for our second straight final.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Torneo-Postobon_-Profile-22d47a47cdcb80cTorneo-Postobon_-Profileede59726231c8175Barranquilla-FC-v-Alianza-Petrolera_-Rev

First Phase Final

On the final, we played against Depor, the 4th best team in the league stage. In the semi-finals, they let Envigado, the 2nd best team behind and went to the finals. The first game was going according my plan, holding the ball and denying them chances. We got a goal in the first half and doubled down on this approach. They came looking for a win in the last 25 minutes of the game, got the draw, and we weren't given a chance to look for another goal, as we lost a player for two yellow cards a few minutes later. At home, we did the same, but this time they were sturdier in the defense, but Aponzá came from the bench and brought the title home.

Depor-FC-v-Alianza-Petrolera_-Review257eAlianza-Petrolera-v-Depor-FC_-Review62cb

Other infos

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_

Alianza Petrolera
2042 | The road to promotion

It was very hard to fit the save in my schedule (but I was glad that I was able to), but with the help of holidaying between the matches, it was a possible to bring it to an end. I'll be around and if we don't win the Libertadores until my next turn, maybe I'll go again to seek it.

Transfers

The market in the middle of the year gave me more room to expand and improve the squad, but with the promotion in my sight, I didn't give long contracts. I brought Andrés Angulo to provide cover at the DM position, and thank God I did, in the week before the start of the Phase Two, my primary DM injured and got at least 2 months off. Cesar Bustamante came to provide more cover in the CM position, because we had only 3 players after the opening of the transfer window. Imanol Barbero came to fight for the starting spot in the LD position. Pedro Vahos came to bring depth to the wingers position

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Andres-Angulo_-Attributes16957ad17592d6dCesar-Bustamante_-Attributesb9ee2d9182ebImanol-Barbero_-Attributesbcae9cc8e3a539Pedro-Vahos_-Attributese50f41e827541e52.

Copa Postobon

We almost snatched a miraculous draw against Millionarios in the the first leg of Copa Postobon 2nd round, but, we conceded after scoring at the 90th minute. It was disappointing, because I was almost going crazy with the possibility of being alive in the 2nd leg, and that goals robbed us from that. At home, they played cautiously and the difference between one of the greatest Colombian clubs to us was the edge they needed to not be bothered.

Millonarios-v-Alianza-Petrolera_-ReviewaAlianza-Petrolera-v-Millonarios_-Review1

Second Division Phase Two League Stage and semi-final

The Second Phase went up pretty much like the First, but this time, we lost more games. In the Second Phase Semi Finals, I didn't want to be second place, but it happened, and knowing how packed the schedule of a team who plays both finals is, I was glad to have a few days to rest the players and have them in top shape for the title match.

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Torneo-Postobon_-Profile-355213a2b0003e9Torneo-Postobon_-Profile-2e96b92ccd3eb62Torneo-Postobon_-Profile09363f6aedeab57aOrsomarso-S.C.-v-Alianza-Petrolera_-Revi

Champions Playoff

With a week to prepare, we got Barranquilla on the promotion playoff, after they won the Second Phase. It was a surprise, because they were 6th in the table and Envigado, the runner-up of the First Phase was in the same group as them in the semi-final. The first game was a bit tedious, with us controlling the possession, but not biting too much. They also didn't bother to press us, but, they had the opportunity to score first. Eight minutes later, they provided us with a penalty and we scored. The game went pretty much the same. The second match was a more crazy affair, namely because they parked the bus, scored first and had plenty of opportunity to steal the title and the promotion. But we kept going until we drew, and in the last moment of the game, Andres Angulo, with a little help from their keeper, fired a shot from the entrance of the area and got us the goal that sent us to the Liga Postobon.

Barranquilla-FC-v-Alianza-Petrolera_-RevAlianza-Petrolera-v-Barranquilla-FC_-Rev

Other Infos

Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_Corporacion-Deportiva-Alianza-Petrolera_

Sorry guys, I have actually been playing the season I just havent had the focus to sit down and write out an update yet. 

I've got a day off tomorrow so I'll update with the transfer window dealings on the morning and then should hopefully have a half season update a bit later on that day.

A Season of Transition...... Transfer Update for Phase One:

Sorry it is a bit late chaps and chappettes, I got carried away playing the game yesterday. So after promotion we needed a few upgrades in a few areas, I sort of went a bit wild as you can see below:

Roundup.thumb.png.d09ce471cbe24e92d7d0134e8df02e6f.png

So onto the actual signings I made. It says 11 players in the screenshot above but it turns out the scouts aren't great at our current team! So two of the players who were shipped in were shipped straight back out - and we actually made a slight profit on them somehow! Here are the 9 players who will be joining the team in phase one of the league. Somehow when I initially signed Santoya I accepted a loan for him by accident. He was recalled before registration was over but not when I took this screenshot. He has a 5* Potential according to our coaches:

122444398_Transfer1.thumb.png.46742559babf5154dfd75c06e5a98ea9.png1895021092_Transfer2.thumb.png.b8811d8486bff80abbc768550f2cf00a.png1694958066_Transfer3.thumb.png.3d466b28ac7cee0a01fff9d98b25acd1.png253837152_Transfer4.thumb.png.2ef40847ce5eceaed2e377d19cc783f0.png2137362973_Transfer6.thumb.png.285386cc202df3d448f75825f0329c81.png1324788972_Transfer7.thumb.png.84b22c55d917eff1aee1a0184e46c8a3.png526198355_Transfer8.thumb.png.4b98aff63abd3f181b3eeb54ea72883d.png1790457750_Transfer9.thumb.png.f0f2b6779e50cf5470cd64062dc7a40b.png568927001_Transfer10.thumb.png.2f6aacfe3d401d6fc0ab2a41397c7af3.png

Edited by OldManGravz

Phase one:

Unfortunately time has gotten the better of me due to work commitments, so this will be mostly screenshots with a small write up I am afraid!

So, here is the XI that I started the season with:

1850389735_FirstChoiceXI.thumb.png.2dedf3cef2c3961632d5a71d9548606b.png

And this is the results that they managed to get. So we didn't actually do too bad but our strikers went on a barren run like I had never seen before towards the end of the first section of the season:

471375753_fixturesphase1part1.thumb.png.dd0496e04abd28271879830d43768b44.png785671336_fixturesphase1part2.thumb.png.488aed1f806cc02e73058a6c4c7fe7f6.png

And where did that leave us????

1202403155_LeagueTablePhase1.thumb.png.4b6c4ee74cc49bf319f6a0771cf6eb82.png

That's right......

1895090676_SemisFirstPhase.thumb.png.d3e07db18fe790e1d348195ec46a4478.png

WE QUALIFIED FOR THE SEMIS!!!!!

Unfortunately that is about as far as we got, as in the Semis, the top 8 are split into 2 groups who play each other twice. We were pretty much outclassed throughout, but we had surpassed all expectations in getting that far, when we were only expected to be competitive in the league!

For those who want to know..... Here's who won Phase one of the league:

1648994014_WinnersPhase1.thumb.png.bad932e07347c7f30254d6d0f1b15cf2.png

The Cup:

So before I get onto Phase two, here is how the results went in the cup!

1494231514_CupComp.thumb.png.c4fa87254612c008100d716fea0e6217.png

We raced ahead in the group stage, I had started rotating in the second half of the group and I had a fully rotated side out for that last game against Pereira. When we drew Once Caldas, I had a feeling we weren't going to beat the pre-season expectations of making it to the 2nd round. They were my absolute bogey team throughout the season. Whoever is next, do me a favour and kick their arse for me!

2nd phase transfers:

1620496255_Phase2TransfersRup.thumb.png.e8fae803dda11a53b984232b43ba0262.png

So we signed 7 players overall, but looking at the money spent in the roundup just shows how small of a fish we were in this pond. For comparison, my transfer budget this season was £1.4m.

Most of the signings I was looking at in this phase were to round out the squad a bit better:

437183289_Phase2Transfers1.thumb.png.21bb403e22c6a8aa6cbf05ed42c6e2c7.png1906920124_Phase2Transfers2.thumb.png.e519915093e03e5d30b82e41d0628dec.png417922013_Phase2Transfers3.thumb.png.eec060f8391781e15748beb9e0084cfe.png525030344_Phase2Transfers4.thumb.png.bf4f1eba0c2d3839707db6736796d7ea.png1940696649_Phase2Transfers5.thumb.png.00e37785c79b4fb2429e47a7482db23b.png1669992368_Phase2Transfers6.thumb.png.6e7211cd02455612eff99865d45e5111.png32402357_Phase2Transfers7.thumb.png.d868bcf5ed447626586bfca31bca54ed.png

2nd Phase Roundup!!!

So firstly, here is how the squad was looking heading into phase 2 of the league:

992167020_Finalteam1.thumb.png.abcd7e1067d79bf8e313adbdda735404.png1736295315_Finalteam2.thumb.png.9f8981451c87b3da291b4f5a9ae183eb.png

And how did we do? Yet again, there's another horrible, horrible run in the middle of the fixtures, but again we exceeded the pre-season aims of merely being competitive, with some very big results, including the final game routing of America de Cali! The future could be bright for this very young team under Manager Managervich!

2106660901_fixturesphase2part1.thumb.png.bc9eb41e03bf4e8ecc756604a06314ca.png1232818957_fixturesphase2part2.thumb.png.8ec12fc4c0c0f9938f201baeb6918476.png

As I'm sure you can already tell by the lack of playoff fixtures, we didn't finish in the top 8. but we weren't far off, missing out on purely goal difference!:

1664294549_LeagueTablePhase2.thumb.png.3f7f30fca1ef2b35e26d3025d5223e84.png

At least the board seem happy with us!

274933465_BoardConfidence.thumb.png.82f60e9c30fabe3ce7c047363382b156.png

And finally, lets have a look at our top performers this year:

Records.thumb.png.18f877b078f48bc947519bbeb59bad31.png

So the season isn't technically over, as the playoffs haven't been completed yet..... HOWEVER, there is a very small gap between the end of one season and the start of the next in Colombia. So I am going to put the save file up from just after the last game that our team will play, allowing the next manager to get accustomed to the squad rules and have a better look around...

https://www.mediafire.com/file/30x4lfogcxz0sx7/Joint_Save_4th_Nov_2043.fm/file

@andychar, who's next up?