Best Striker PPM's in FM20

What's your expertise on Finishing PPM's to scout for in strikers?

Places Shots?
Likes to Round Keeper?
Likes to Lob Keeper?

This seems important in FM20 with quite a few one-on-ones and, I think, quite a few saves from goalies.

Any ideas, Wise Owls?

I play a 4-1-4-1 counter attacking tactic in my lower league to premier league EFL save and only sign strikers with 15+ pace. Adding “likes to round keeper” adds an extra 10+ goals a season for me per striker because most of my chances come on the counter. The best thing about this trait is that you can literally watch the striker do it and think to yourself “wow if he didn’t have that ppm he would have totally just shot into the keeper’s chest.”  I am not exaggerating, the production increase is real. Again, I have played the recent FM 20 patches primarily in the vanarama national league however so I am not sure if this would still work if world class keepers and defenders are on the other side.

It's a weird question. There are no such thing as best PPMs for a striker. It really depends on what kind of striker and tactic you have. For a highly technical striker like Aguero it's probably placing shots. For a very strong beast like Haaland it's shoots with power and likes to beat the offside trap because of his great off the ball movement. It's very case specific.

Edited by crusadertsar

That's exactly what I was wondering, Ether.

Great answer. Confirms my gut feeling. Even my strikers who have 'places shots' have been hitting too many against the keeper.
Rounding might really help.

Lobbing seems low in this game? Do you think?

5 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

It's a weird question. There are no such thing as best PPMs for a striker. It really depends on what kind of striker and tactic you have.

I agree completely that it depends on striker and tactic. But FM20 does seem high on one-on-ones, so any advice or experiences could help us all.

Never tried lobbing, maybe someone else has some experience there. As @crusadertsar wisely pointed out and as you probably know, it really is case specific but I have no problems getting my strikers to score, in fact they are the only people who score. Usually my two strikers are both top 10 in scoring for the league (I keep 22 players and two lineups and just rotate them every game.) If you’re trying to run a fast break tactic, pace, anticipation and dribbling are the main things I look at for a striker. Both of my two strikers now have 8 finishing and it doesn’t affect them.

One last thing I forgot to mention that I think many people don’t consider - if you play counter attacking football with pacey strikers, make your home field as long as possible. My strikers score at home almost every time they play there because there is so much room behind the defense.