Haaland

Coolio5

Haaland is doing well for me and scoring goals, but he misses a lot of one on ones. 3+ a game sometimes. 

He has the PPM of hit shots with power and I was wondering if anyone had seen any improvement in one on ones if this was untrained?

thanks 

4 hours ago, bucket said:

Haaland doing poor for me in my Chelsea side. Had him since 2nd window in 1st season and only turned it on when he went out on loan to Wolves. I cannot get him scoring consistently for me. Any ideas?

Played him pressing forward (A) for my benfica team. Was the best striker I’ve ever had, scored 350+ in 5 seasons 

27 minutes ago, we dont do that said:

Played him pressing forward (A) for my benfica team. Was the best striker I’ve ever had, scored 350+ in 5 seasons 

Wow, that's what I play him as, both on his own and with a partner - Usually Tammy Abraham as a AF. But can never score regularly. Very frustrating.

20 hours ago, bucket said:

Wow, that's what I play him as, both on his own and with a partner - Usually Tammy Abraham as a AF. But can never score regularly. Very frustrating.

He’s been better on his own for me

On 19/01/2020 at 10:25, Ventricity said:

He took more half a season to develop into a beast. But then he was unstoppable for my Arsenal save. Probably one of the best strikers in game.

He's started a bit slowly for me at Arsenal (1 goal in 7 starts) but my main goalscorers are coming from the wing so I'm not that bothered yet, but hoping he will contribute more as he progresses. Only had a couple of poor ratings though, normally gets 6.7 - 7.0.

How are you using him, out of interest? I have him as PF-A with IW-S and IF-S either side (Pepe and Auba/Nelson/ESR). Before I signed him in January 2020 window, Auba was playing well in that position in my system but obviously ME issues have affected the strikers so far..

He is disappointing in FM20, his starting attributes give no indication he is anything worthwhile, in my save he even peaked as a 3 star striker.

At 25 my save has him with these stats:

Dribbling 11, Finishing 16, First Touch 12 (Are you kidding me!!), 9 Technique, Composure/Decision 15 (So he has a higher chance than some of winning the dice rolls that beat the keeper and make the right decision, but the rest of his stats means he doesn't have the skill to score.) 15 Acc, 13 Agility, 16 Balance, Pace 15 he is slower than a snail, he does get 17 Jumping Reach and 18 off the ball.

Basically he is good at being in the right position some of the time (15 anticipation) and has the mentality to handle pressure and stuff to score, but he has no attributes for actually doing anything with the ball, he can't head, shoot or run with the ball.

Any player controlled team can hit the right tactics and because he is a striker he at least score some goals, but the version FM20 gives us is not going to develop into competition to some of the big strikers. Kylian, Lautaro Martínez, Joäo Felix, Ansu Fati is all monster strikers.

I don't own Felix, but as far as I can tell he is the best striker in the database in FM20, unless you are a top 5 World Class team that can buy someone like Kylian.

Martinez is a 70ish million striker at the beginning, but I think Felix might be slightly better and cheaper.

Haaland stats at AI teams:

19/20 14 apps 10 goals

20/21 18 apps 18 goals

20/21 Man City 61m, 4 apps, 0 goals.

21/22 1 app, 0 goals.

21/22 Loan West Ham. 9 Apps, 6 goals.

22/23 9 apps, 5 goals.

24/25 18 apps, 13 goals. (Only real season he seems to have had and it's really low on apps)

25/26 5 apps, 0 goals.

25/26 Bayer 04. 29M, 11 Apps, 2 goals. (Well... the game clearly broke him.)

Edited by Miravlix

He’d have scored 100 goals for me if he could finish 1 on 1’s. I think he’s got 15 in PL half way through the season so he’s on for 30 league goals. He plays as a CFA for me with a winger and inside winger.

I've had him a couple of times - once in England where he played with a strike partner (both set as AF) and two wingers; once in Germany where he played by himself with two IW either side and an AP behind him - scored boatloads in both leagues.

• 1 month later...

I play him as an AF and he's been amazing for me in my Dortmund save. Idk if it's got to do with it being post 20.4 update, but in my United save before the update he was a bit too inconsistent for me, he scored a decent amount of goals, but he went missing a lot too.

20200319034821_1.thumb.jpg.cbf2197c78134c9dc8819310054c77b6.jpg   image.thumb.png.7af005394de3421d66387148243e8d73.png