How old is the average Football Manager Player

Curious to know what the average age is!  

280 members have voted

1. 1. How old is the average Football Manager Player?

• Below 15
    • 15-20
    • 20-25
    • 25-30
    • Above 30

1 minute ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

You probably should have had more options, @Forza#8903 ;)

Lol. I thought this would cover but most are above 30 so far. Just like me who is considering buying the game but not sure if I'm to old to enjoy it 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Forza#8903:

Lol. I thought this would cover but most are above 30 so far. Just like me who is considering buying the game but not sure if I'm to old to enjoy it 

I guess that this game and probably SimCity and Civilization is most played by the +40 and +50 too. 

Even the question itself is logically incorrect given what it appears the OP wants to survey.

I think it should be: "How old are you as a football manager wannabe" or "what age do you input to the game?"

the way it was phrased will make people think: "Ah, okay so he wants to know what I think the average age of a football manager player is"

Considering your age brackets I have to be in the age bracket 2 and 3 after the last one you last stated 25-30 based on your age layout.

On this basis...

O 30-35

O 35-40 So I'd put a nice big fat check in here...

O 40-45 ...and a nice big fat check here too if you carried on the layout you suggest, both have my age.

4 hours ago, samuelawachie said:

Even the question itself is logically incorrect given what it appears the OP wants to survey.

I think it should be: "How old are you as a football manager wannabe" or "what age do you input to the game?"

the way it was phrased will make people think: "Ah, okay so he wants to know what I think the average age of a football manager player is"

Do you specifically mean every player in the game as in sims, because although I agree with what you say I believe you can only choose one option once making it more likely it isn't so, honestly have no idea if there are multi tap options for survey in options when setting up, in fact do not know because initially my personal age isn't registered no more by the layout of ages. 

This could actually be quite interesting from a marketing point of view for SI. I first played Championship Manager when I was 11 back in 1997 (so yes, I'm in that "above 30 category!) From then and a few years afterwards I had a number of friends in school who played it too, at that point all under 15 yet now, according to this poll anyway, nobody under 15 is playing it.

Or it could just be that the kids don't use internet forums anymore, I don't know.

Been playing the game since the early days of CM in the early 90s when i was at school. Drifted away from the game in my 20's due to busy life but recently my job and life has allowed me to get back into again and i am hooked like i was as a kid. Just turned 40 and the Mrs doesn't get it but i can see me being interested in the game for as long as i can still see the screen!

Edited by mozza79

34 minutes ago, PThomason01 said:

This could actually be quite interesting from a marketing point of view for SI. I first played Championship Manager when I was 11 back in 1997 (so yes, I'm in that "above 30 category!) From then and a few years afterwards I had a number of friends in school who played it too, at that point all under 15 yet now, according to this poll anyway, nobody under 15 is playing it.

Or it could just be that the kids don't use internet forums anymore, I don't know.

Kids these days only like mega easy games with colourful graphics. They just wouldn't get FM... 

Where is the above 40 option? (I'm 44)

I started with Football Manager in a ZX Spectrum in 1984 when I was nine and got really addicted to it to the point of my parents hiding the computer from me for days.

Then I discovered CM Italy in 1995 and have been playing CM and FM since then non stop every year until now. I'll keep buying it until I die despite not being fully happy with the SI Games management decisions and PR in the last years, but I'll continue supporting them.

3 hours ago, mozza79 said:

Been playing the game since the early days of CM in the early 90s when i was at school. Drifted away from the game in my 20's due to busy life but recently my job and life has allowed me to get back into again and i am hooked like i was as a kid. Just turned 40 and the Mrs doesn't get it but i can see me being interested in the game for as long as i can still see the screen!

There are now special glasses too that help you read thing easily on the computer. I just had mine changed :-)

The answer to the OP's question will be "considerably older that everyone will imagine"  The game suits younger users without commitments but also users whose family commitments have reduced so that they can get back to doing what they want to do and not just ferry the kids around continually:D

A game that has been about, in some form or another, for at least 30 years, and the final option is anyone above 30.

Is 30 old now? 

Two thirds over 30.

I believe the actual age of gamers is over 30 now. Sure I read that somewhere. 

Edited by anagain

On 15/01/2020 at 21:01, Forza#8903 said:

Curious to know!

Kinda funny looking at results and no more comments in here from OP but just one more comment after, I'm sure a lot aren't MJ types - maybe liked him as an artist but only that.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wright 747 said:

70 and playing football management games since before people had computers in their homes

I'm only 40 and played by mail myself, I was sheltered from tech as a preteen and before - not FM by the way some play by mail game in Shoot! and MATCH magazines.

Edited by SOULjah

makes me happy to see players in their 40's, 50's + etc
Im 32 and hope look forward to playing into my retirement, with whatever technology is the norm then. Probably a microchip in your head and you just close your eyes to play.

It all started with USM2 and Premier Manager 97, for me.

The hours of multiplayer my bro and I used to clock up, just so we could build enormous stadiums.

Image result for ultimate soccer manager 2

Image result for premier manager 98

50 minutes ago, vara said:

makes me happy to see players in their 40's, 50's + etc
Im 32 and hope look forward to playing into my retirement, with whatever technology is the norm then. Probably a microchip in your head and you just close your eyes to play.

It all started with USM2 and Premier Manager 97, for me.

The hours of multiplayer my bro and I used to clock up, just so we could build enormous stadiums.

Image result for ultimate soccer manager 2

Image result for premier manager 98

My first love in tech terms was Kevin Keegans Player Manager on SNES, being a Millwall fan I felt it unfair it depicted my made up Millwall teams as having 'fan trouble' often and getting fines for it (the irony, eh?)

Then before, during and after my raving days was LMA Manager - year is fuzzy, not sure why fuzzy though (Raving? Irony?) and only being able to get 20 ish seasons from a disk before it just stopped gening players, my first venture into LLM with Aldershot in Vauxhall Conference and winning everything there was to offer till the disk died. Honestly it was only because I was poaching the best players I noticed leaving most teams with just a first team and subs only essentially breaking it never could get a player from a team with only enough players to play a game.

So funny, considering nowadays. You have Steam and Google databases holding what it needs now and apparently what I hear Google databases let you play every league on the best performance - true? 

10 hours ago, SOULjah said:

My first love in tech terms was Kevin Keegans Player Manager on SNES, being a Millwall fan I felt it unfair it depicted my made up Millwall teams as having 'fan trouble' often and getting fines for it (the irony, eh?)

Then before, during and after my raving days was LMA Manager - year is fuzzy, not sure why fuzzy though (Raving? Irony?) and only being able to get 20 ish seasons from a disk before it just stopped gening players, my first venture into LLM with Aldershot in Vauxhall Conference and winning everything there was to offer till the disk died. Honestly it was only because I was poaching the best players I noticed leaving most teams with just a first team and subs only essentially breaking it never could get a player from a team with only enough players to play a game.

So funny, considering nowadays. You have Steam and Google databases holding what it needs now and apparently what I hear Google databases let you play every league on the best performance - true? 

USM was one of my favorite games! Love it. Start with Football Manager since yesterday, its so much more complex then the older games.

I'm 49. 

Also, this...

Image result for kevin toms football manager

The hours I lost to this in the early 80s was good training for what was to follow in later life with the newer games. 

My two favourite manager games during this era were...

Image result for the double zx spectrum

"The Double"

And...

Image result for Tracksuit manager zx spectrum

"Tracksuit Manager"

Happy days.