M'Bappe-how much is too much?

Tryllefot

I'm in my 4th season with Man United and I have bucket loads in my transfer budget, 433 million £ to be precise. Is it worth splashing out 180mill. pluss to secure his signature?

The deal also includes Martial going the other way, so there's a lot of money involved. He also expects 325-450 000 £ a week....

Edited by Tryllefot

Just now, V3ntricity said:

probably worth it if you can affort his wages. he is the best player in the game. But wages is very important to control. 

I currently have 1,9 mill to go on my wage budget, sold Pogba and Lindelöf too Barca for 253 mill., so a lot of wages left with them.

2 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Never worth it for me.. but it depends on how you like to play... i'd prefer to pick up someone like cherki and train him to be even better than m'bappe but there is only one m'bappe, so maybe it's worth getting him in?

How can you make him better than M'Bappe, they have a set potential, right? I think M'bappes' potential is a bit higher than Cerkis'

Just now, Tryllefot said:

How can you make him better than M'Bappe, they have a set potential, right? I think M'bappes' potential is a bit higher than Cerkis'

Depends on how you train cherki? i could put all his potential points into improving his finishing and make him a pure poacher to perform better than mbappe or make cherki into the best shadow striker in the game... 

potential is only as good as where you spend the points...

5 minutes ago, Tryllefot said:

Cherki will have a variable PA so could also end up with a PA that is better than Mbappe, however having a higher PA is not everything. It depends on the values of specific attributes that the CA gets distributed against that determines how good a player is in a particular role.

So perfectly normal to have a player with lower CA that is better suited to a Role than player with a higher CA.

CA is based on a sum of a sub-set of the attribute set not all of them

20 hours ago, B Sharples said:

Cherki will have a variable PA so could also end up with a PA that is better than Mbappe, however having a higher PA is not everything. It depends on the values of specific attributes that the CA gets distributed against that determines how good a player is in a particular role.

So perfectly normal to have a player with lower CA that is better suited to a Role than player with a higher CA.

CA is based on a sum of a sub-set of the attribute set not all of them

Cherki has a -95 PA so the highest he can ever go is 190 PA. As far as i know Mbappe has a PA on 196? so its close. 

20 hours ago, Welshace said:

Depends on how you train cherki? i could put all his potential points into improving his finishing and make him a pure poacher to perform better than mbappe or make cherki into the best shadow striker in the game... 

potential is only as good as where you spend the points...

You dont decide where all the potential points go. Thats not how it works

13 minutes ago, whispers said:

Cherki has a -95 PA so the highest he can ever go is 190 PA. As far as i know Mbappe has a PA on 196? so its close. 

You dont decide where all the potential points go. Thats not how it works

Did i say you did? you shape the player through training and the position he plays and through mentoring... it's fairly easy to shape a player as young as Cherki when he has such a high ceiling and can already play multiple positions... that is how it works...

I got Mbappe in the 3rd season on my Liverpool save. Here are the details of the transfer with his wages as well.

1485085275_Mbappetransfer.thumb.png.625d6b579f3c9ff8c98e9b749affdee3.png

For me he was worth it as he scored 46 goals with 16 assists - EPL top scorer with 28 goals and CL top scorer with 10 goals. He is one of my favorite players IRL and I like to buy him on FM. 

14 hours ago, yonko said:

I got Mbappe in the 3rd season on my Liverpool save. Here are the details of the transfer with his wages as well.

1485085275_Mbappetransfer.thumb.png.625d6b579f3c9ff8c98e9b749affdee3.png

For me he was worth it as he scored 46 goals with 16 assists - EPL top scorer with 28 goals and CL top scorer with 10 goals. He is one of my favorite players IRL and I like to buy him on FM. 

That is far too expensive for me lol that loyalty bonus alone is a no and I never give a player sell on percentage either  

6 hours ago, Chapman7 said:

That is far too expensive for me lol that loyalty bonus alone is a no and I never give a player sell on percentage either  

I can afford the loyalty bonus with Liverpool. The sell on percentage is bait. I would never sell Mbappe, so he would never get the 25%.

22 hours ago, yonko said:

I can afford the loyalty bonus with Liverpool. The sell on percentage is bait. I would never sell Mbappe, so he would never get the 25%.

If he decides he wants a new challenge you'll probably end up selling him or have to deal with an unhappy player and other players amongst the squad.

If I won the lottery and I could afford to buy a ferrari would I buy one? Not so much 

52 minutes ago, Chapman7 said:

If he decides he wants a new challenge you'll probably end up selling him or have to deal with an unhappy player and other players amongst the squad.

If I won the lottery and I could afford to buy a ferrari would I buy one? Not so much 

In my second season Van Dijk was unhappy because he wanted to go to PSG. I rejected 120m for him. I don't sell a player unless I want to. I deal with it fine. My team wins despite that.

I wouldn't buy a Ferrari if I won the lottery either. I'd lease one. :D 

I paid a lot for Mbappe but sometimes his genius makes it all worth it :P

Champions League FInal 0-1 down to Real Madrid staring defeat in the face as we move into added time. 93rd minute Mbappe  equalises! He then scores a hat-trick in extra time.

xQjaN15.jpg

I signed Mbappe in my second season for Arsenal for £130m the catch is a 50% sell on fee to both Mbappe and PSG meaning id get £0 if sold him but i never would 🙂

Edited by dcaine100

Just bought him for Tottenham in my 4th season in an extremely lucrative deal involving about 50 clauses lol.

It was £60m up front, £50m in instalments, then another £110m spread over things like winning EPL/CL bonuses etc.

Then he wanted 600k wages and I was capped at 250k so I had to offer loads of incentives there too. 

Hoping it's worth it though as I needed to make a statement and challenge City, United & Liverpool for the title. 3 seasons in and only a League Cup so far :(

On 29/01/2020 at 15:28, WhiteRose90 said:

Just bought him for Tottenham in my 4th season in an extremely lucrative deal involving about 50 clauses lol.

It was £60m up front, £50m in instalments, then another £110m spread over things like winning EPL/CL bonuses etc.

Then he wanted 600k wages and I was capped at 250k so I had to offer loads of incentives there too. 

Hoping it's worth it though as I needed to make a statement and challenge City, United & Liverpool for the title. 3 seasons in and only a League Cup so far :(

Tottenham curse..

I also got Mbappe a bit more often recently. I'd cap at 200 million pounds. In FM20 you shouldn't need to surpass that. Use installments if necessary. Always worth the price. Nearly 50 goals in the league in a season.

35 minutes ago, Tryllefot said:

Wow, 58 goals in 53 matches, do you play him as a lone striker? 

No I play two up front. Mbappe as F9 the other is a CF (Haaland).

Mbappe finished the season with 61 goals (59 apps)

Haaland finished the season with 62 goals (58 apps)

On 31/01/2020 at 21:12, Tryllefot said:

Tottenham curse..

I agree :( 

However, Mbappe is currently spearheading my title challenge in my 5th season. 9 points clear in mid February so it's looking promising! 

My opinion: Buy him at all costs! 

On 29/01/2020 at 14:28, WhiteRose90 said:

Sorry, just checked back and it was 350k - not 250k.

I play him as my LF in a front three (4-3-3 Narrow) as an Advanced Forward. Also have Kane, Haaland and Lautaro Martinez and they've all been chipping in but Mbappe has cleaned up the most.

Just got him at the end of season 3 in my Man City save - £192m and £500k per week wages. I played 1 match of the new season, and he scored twice from AML (IW). I’ll be rotating him across the front three throughout the season though.

I’ve been knocked out of the CL by PSG every season, and he’s been the man doing all the damage - so hopefully this year the tables will be turned!! 

Edited by marcMCFC1986

6 hours ago, marcMCFC1986 said:

Just got him at the end of season 3 in my Man City save - £192m and £500k per week wages. I played 1 match of the new season, and he scored twice from AML (IW). I’ll be rotating him across the front three throughout the season though.

I’ve been knocked out of the CL by PSG every season, and he’s been the man doing all the damage - so hopefully this year the tables will be turned!! 

If you can't beat'em, buy'em?

22 hours ago, WhiteRose90 said:

I agree :( 

However, Mbappe is currently spearheading my title challenge in my 5th season. 9 points clear in mid February so it's looking promising! 

My opinion: Buy him at all costs! 

Just to update: Premier League & Champions League double! Mainly thanks to Mbappe's 43 goals! 

Bought him in FM17, he was the one who always came up with something when the rest of the team weren't at their best. Mbiracles. Made the whole team better. 

By the time I was able to afford his transfer costs in FM20 I could not afford his wages. Wasn't to be, but did manage a team in Ligue 1 which is where he played his whole career. Got to the point where if I held him to 1 goal  I considered it a moral victory.

52 minutes ago, whyidie said:

Bought him in FM17, he was the one who always came up with something when the rest of the team weren't at their best. Mbiracles. Made the whole team better. 

By the time I was able to afford his transfer costs in FM20 I could not afford his wages. Wasn't to be, but did manage a team in Ligue 1 which is where he played his whole career. Got to the point where if I held him to 1 goal  I considered it a moral victory.

The way to get his wages right down apart from offering big performance and goal bonuses is to offer him a large sell on clause upto 50%.

I remember desperately wanting to sign him last year on my long term Salford City save. Managed to unsettle him after PSG failed to win anything for a couple of seasons in a row whereas I was fresh from winning the Europa League and Champions League in successive seasons. He cost me a full seasons transfer budget on top of any money I had made through player sales but he was different class.

Then FM20 came out and I'm currently awaiting the transfer update so I can try again! I think it depends on your save and what your preferences are. I try and buy youth to develop with the odd 26+ year old here and there but I think he's a hard player to not want in your side given his quality.

On 02/02/2020 at 13:19, GR3NDAL said:

No I play two up front. Mbappe as F9 the other is a CF (Haaland).

Mbappe finished the season with 61 goals (59 apps)

Haaland finished the season with 62 goals (58 apps)

I have the same up top. But play Mbappe as a AF and Haaland as a PF. It’s their first season together so looking forward to see how they flourish! 

• 1 month later...

Just signed him for 130 million. I've sold 3 players for 106 million to compensate with the transfer fee and wages.

I play a 4-1-4-1 system with 1 striker and 2 attacking wide men. I'm wondering if Mbappe would perform better up front on his own, or in an attacking wide role? I'm also wondering if I should add a trait for Mbappe to request for the ball to be played to his feet?

On 15/04/2020 at 16:58, Blue 4 Life said:

Just signed him for 130 million. I've sold 3 players for 106 million to compensate with the transfer fee and wages.

I play a 4-1-4-1 system with 1 striker and 2 attacking wide men. I'm wondering if Mbappe would perform better up front on his own, or in an attacking wide role? I'm also wondering if I should add a trait for Mbappe to request for the ball to be played to his feet?

It depends on how your tactic is set up. For me he has played well as F9 up top and as IF-S at AML. I wouldn't add a PPM for ball played to feet. He doesn't need it. 

On 18/04/2020 at 17:45, yonko said:

It depends on how your tactic is set up. For me he has played well as F9 up top and as IF-S at AML. I wouldn't add a PPM for ball played to feet. He doesn't need it. 

Thanks. He's had a bad injury for me in his first game, so I'm going to have to wait a little longer to use him.

On 18/04/2020 at 17:45, yonko said:

Mbappe has recovered from his injury, but isn't really firing for me. I've tried him in false 9 and trequartista roles up front on his own. I'm going to move him to the left wing in an attacking inside forward role and see how he does there.

Edited by Blue 4 Life

On 30/04/2020 at 04:40, Blue 4 Life said:

Mbappe has recovered from his injury, but isn't really firing for me. I've tried him in false 9 and trequartista roles up front on his own. I'm going to move him to the left wing in an attacking inside forward role and see how he does there.

When I had him on my Liverpool save it was earlier version of the ME so things worked a little bit differently then. 

Now I got him in my Barca save, start of the 3rd season. I still have Messi at ST as Trequartista while Mbape and Sterling are as IF-S either side of him. I have CM-A and AP-S behind them, then DLP-D, 2 CWB-S and 2 BPD-D. 

EDIT:

I just played Real M away early in my season (after an international break too). Messi and De Jong couldn't play with small injuries from international break. And Mbappe did this:

578995199_MbappevsRealM.thumb.png.97d212bf4fbe0856e33b185d4ae7c53b.png

He started at AMR as IF-S and made the assist to the first goal scored by Almada (Treq). Then I swapped him to the AML position, with Sterling going to AMR. Mbappe assisted for the second goal scored by Sterling. Then in the second half, I put him at ST as Treq and he scored two goals. He is leading my team in goals and his assists up there too. Having him on the team is like a cheat code. 

Edited by yonko

I've just signed him for Man Utd in 23/24 season. I needed to replace Kane who had gone off the boil anyway and Real Madrid offered £85m for. Too much to turn down for a 30-year-old.

My budgets were huge and PSG certainly saw me coming. I paid £300m for him and it still keeps me up at night!! He scored in his first game, then got injured (i was terrified it was something big but was only out for a few weeks) - now he's got 6 in 5 and i don't think i'm gonna regret shelling out.

I don't think any amount is too much if you have the budget

He's scored over 400 goals for me whilst playing on the right mostly.  Nearly 300 in the league now.  At 34 this will be his last season as the physical stats are starting that FM freefall but until around 32 and a half they were still where they were at the start of the game.  So you are looking at 12 years + at his peak and even at 34 he would be the best player at most clubs

.1617873336_FootballManager202008_05_202021_25_17.thumb.png.adfe1c9b7f77cdad417464bafcaa370e.png631395600_FootballManager202008_05_202021_24_06.thumb.png.a3304ccba096b9ce06d9c9876e89b79f.png