Lower league database

I’m wondering if anyone else has had trouble adding the lower league database? 

I tried the fmeditor one, downloaded put it in the editor file, but once I start Fm and try to select database. The box isn’t able to click if that makes sense, 

thanks in advance 

Edited by Reids11

Well it can only be 3 things really..

1. a problem with the file itself ( in which case, asking the creator is your only solution)
  2. you were putting it in the wrong place (doesn't seem so)

1. are you looking here?:    zcVsAYk.png

Other than that, it's hard to find what the issue is... what type of file extension was the file? you sure you downloaded the correct one? not a fm19 one or something?

I use the same file and it works fine 

I can’t see it being a problem when the file as like you say you have used it yourself! And so have many others,

yes that but just doesn’t let me click on it, 

msybe I haven’t put it in the right place 🤔 I had a brief mess about before work, and couldn’t hack it! I will try again once I’m home and let you know, 

judt want to get started haha 

Wait, are you using a Mac? In that case, you are putting them in the wrong place. The correct location for the files on a Mac are:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Reids11:

Yeah I’ve managed to find it, and place it in but it’s still not having it! Gutted! 

If it does not show, you putted it in the wrong folder. 

Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’ --> editor data

Don't think it's worth making a new thread for my question; I downloaded an English LL database (down to L10) for a save I'm currently on. I took over Cheddar FC (mainly because of the magnificent name). I've got them up to the level below Vanarama N/S, but I can only offer players non-contracts whereas the teams in my league are able to offer actual contracts. I am consistently losing players. When the game first started I had one player on an actual PT contract but I had to sell him to get some wage budget for non-contract players. Is this a bug in the editor file, or is it linked to Cheddar FC's reputation as a club that I can only offer non-contracts? Maybe they will let me offer PT deals when I'm promoted next time? Any assistance appreciated!

1 minute ago, c.cassells said:

Don't think it's worth making a new thread for my question; I downloaded an English LL database (down to L10) for a save I'm currently on. I took over Cheddar FC (mainly because of the magnificent name). I've got them up to the level below Vanarama N/S, but I can only offer players non-contracts whereas the teams in my league are able to offer actual contracts. I am consistently losing players. When the game first started I had one player on an actual PT contract but I had to sell him to get some wage budget for non-contract players. Is this a bug in the editor file, or is it linked to Cheddar FC's reputation as a club that I can only offer non-contracts? Maybe they will let me offer PT deals when I'm promoted next time? Any assistance appreciated!

Does the club need to upgrade to semi professional from amateur?

Just now, Welshace said:

Does the club need to upgrade to semi professional from amateur?

No, the club is semi-professional. I didn't "Add players" at the start of the game, but there was one player already on the books on a part-time deal. Everyone I've signed since has been on a non-contract basis, so despite 3 promotions, I lose my entire squad at the end of every season.

3 minutes ago, c.cassells said:

No, the club is semi-professional. I didn't "Add players" at the start of the game, but there was one player already on the books on a part-time deal. Everyone I've signed since has been on a non-contract basis, so despite 3 promotions, I lose my entire squad at the end of every season.

I think it has to do with finances when you are a semi pro team who can only offer non contracts.... are your finances terrible?

3 minutes ago, Welshace said:

I think it has to do with finances when you are a semi pro team who can only offer non contracts.... are your finances terrible?

They've went up and down with my FA cup runs. Sometimes +£100k, sometimes -£30k in the red. But I normally play with my own team (East Fife) who are a small part time outfit with similar finances and they can offer players contracts.

Just now, c.cassells said:

They've went up and down with my FA cup runs. Sometimes +£100k, sometimes -£30k in the red. But I normally play with my own team (East Fife) who are a small part time outfit with similar finances and they can offer players contracts.

Don think it's a hard set rule, check your club rules and info page? think it's on a club by club basis... though i'm not 100% sure of course.

Just an update! I finally managed to get the database.. on Mac you have to keep hold of the alt button to bring the library up which leads to where it needs to go! Thanks for the help! Now to get started and find some players 😂

vor 17 Minuten schrieb c.cassells:

Is there a way to change this? Maybe the in-game editor? 

No, you can't change that with the in-game editor, only with the pre-game editor. 

1 hour ago, c.cassells said:

Fair enough. I'll keep going to try and get into the Vanarama N/S, if there's still no change I'll have to reassess. 

That said, you can change your club from amateur to professional which will make full time contracts etc available with the in game editor.

18 minutes ago, Welshace said:

That said, you can change your club from amateur to professional which will make full time contracts etc available with the in game editor.

I reckon that's what I'll have to do. I've managed to cobble together a semi decent squad again, board wants a 4th promotion in a row for whatever reason, if I get into the Vanarama N/S and they still won't let me offer deals I'll have to edit to go FT. 

Just now, c.cassells said:

I reckon that's what I'll have to do. I've managed to cobble together a semi decent squad again, board wants a 4th promotion in a row for whatever reason, if I get into the Vanarama N/S and they still won't let me offer deals I'll have to edit to go FT. 

Tbh, why don't you use the editor and swap your team from semi pro to pro and then back.. it might reset the club and maybe allow you to sign players to a contract.. just a thought... either way it won't impact your game as long as you don't do anything other than check if you can offer contracts or not.. and then just swap it back.. or just save the game before trying :)

It's an issue with the edited file imo rather than a feature of your club

37 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Tbh, why don't you use the editor and swap your team from semi pro to pro and then back.. it might reset the club and maybe allow you to sign players to a contract.. just a thought... either way it won't impact your game as long as you don't do anything other than check if you can offer contracts or not.. and then just swap it back.. or just save the game before trying :)

It's an issue with the edited file imo rather than a feature of your club

Yeah most likely. I went onto the original FM database to look at the club, can't find anything that would limit them to non-contracts though. Good shout on the switching to professional then back to semi-pro, I think that'll likely do the trick. Will try it out when I'm home this evening. Thanks for assistance, all!

7 hours ago, c.cassells said:

Yeah most likely. I went onto the original FM database to look at the club, can't find anything that would limit them to non-contracts though. Good shout on the switching to professional then back to semi-pro, I think that'll likely do the trick. Will try it out when I'm home this evening. Thanks for assistance, all!

The changes probably won't be in the original FM database, it'll be in the edited database. Have a look at the leagues, and see if they have certain types of contracts enforced/restricted.