Struggling to score and have shots on target in a 3232 formation

Hey man! I am not so experienced with your tactic but it seems quite offensive. Maybe there is to less space due to your high LOE. I imagine you want to press high and have a short way to your opponents target zone.

maybe you should drop LOE to standard so that you have some space for your players. You could also change some duties like this:

DLFa PFs

MEZs/a MCa

WBs.     HB.      WBs    
        CBd CBs CBd

SKs

Passing on standard or more direct

DL standard like LOE

distribute CB and FB

maybe that’s more balanced. But soon there will be others with more experience (like experienced defender) they have good ideas too.

Woah , libero, two bpds, two complete wingbacks. I don't even know where to begin. Your roles are all over the place. Your midfield too. DLP on support supposed to be your holding midfielder? If that's the case then hate to break it you. He is not very good at that job. I could offer some role suggestions but would kinda change the look of your tactic and I feel bad doing that. But at this point it's not just a question of a simple tweak or two.

Edited by crusadertsar

1 minute ago, crusadertsar said:

Woah , libero, two bpds, two complete wingbacks. I don't even know where to begin. Your roles are all over the place. Your midfield too. Us DLP on support supposed to be your holding midfielder? If that's the case then hate to break it you. He is not very good at that job.

that's mot exactly helping is it...

Just now, nathwiggy said:

that's mot exactly helping is it...

Okay so this is basically going to be another tactic as your original just makes me uneasy. Firstly drop regroup and prevent distribution. They make no sense. Regroup won't work with your high defensive line and very urgent pressing. You will get destroyed in the back. And you don't have enough attackers in front to use prevent distribution effectively. 

Now the roles. It's okay to keep one complete wingback if you change the other one to a more conservative role like wingback on defend who will still overlap when it's safe but will generally be better defensive presence when the libero ventures forth.

Now with libero and the two playmakers in midfield, you need to decide which one you want because you can only effectively use one. Otherwise it's a compete mess. Libero can't have playmakers infront of him to draw the ball. When using this exotic role you need to build your whole tactic around it.

Also the twin BPDs are a bit of an overkill. When playing on a balanced mentality they will be launching long passes to your strikers where most of the time you will lose possession. You need to either use hight mentality to make them act more like Ballplaying defenders, that is dribble up with the ball and make risky passes to midfield.

Edited by crusadertsar

If you decide to stick with the playmaker in midfield. Choose one DLP or ap. Then make the other player into a good destroyer like bwm on defend or even bbm. This way you can keep the ultra attacking mezzala if he is backed up by one creator and one destroyer. Then change the defence into one BPD flanked by two regular defenders.

Balance is the key to successful tactics.

Edited by crusadertsar

7 minutes ago, crusadertsar said:

If you decide to stick with the playmaker in midfield. Choose one DLP or ap. Then make the other player into a good destroyer like bwm on defend or even bbm. This was you can keep the ultra attacking mezzala if he is backed up by one creator and one destroyer. Then change the defence into one BPD flanked by two regular defenders.

Balance is the key to successful tactics.

afraid to say none of this worked last game :/

2 hours ago, nathwiggy said:

image.thumb.png.14ff12ded2baa9956212bad4f62c1cf3.png

2 hours ago, nathwiggy said:

I'm struggling to get my team especially strikers to score and even get shots on target 

this is my tactic

Hope you can help cheers

With a tactic like this, I fear you are probably struggling to defend as well, not just score.

Anyway, these are my suggestions:

- if you want to use a libero, then you should have neither a BPD (and you have even 2) nor a playmaker in front of the libero (and you again have 2 - DLP and AP). Therefore, either play without a libero or change those other roles (BPDs and PMs)

- Prevent short GKD does not make much sense (if any) in a formation with less than 3 players in advanced areas (AM and striker strata). You have only 2 players there. Therefore, remove the Prevent short GKD

- Extremely urgent pressing makes your manner of defending needlessly risky, especially when coupled with a higher DL. Drop the pressing to normal (default)

- with CWBs on both flanks and no real defensive cover in the midfield, you are further exposing your defense. Especially vulnerable is the left flank, where you have an attack-duty mezzala in front of the CWB

- Your in-possession instructions suggest you want to play a possession-based football. But neither your formation (532) nor the setup of roles and duties are suitable for a possession style. The same applies to the Regroup TI

- playing with 2 PMs literally next to each other only slows the play down needlessly too much and is thus a clear overkill. There are certain situations when having 2 PMs close to each other can make sense, but this is not one of them

Think about the above tips and try to tweak your tactic accordingly. Then come back and post a screenshot of your new tactic, so that we could analyze and see if further adjustment/improvement will be needed :thup: