[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got some interesting information on the Hungarian foreign player rules. Will have to study that a bit to see the consequences.

Other than that I finished the transfer behaviour for the rest of the World with regards to the Eastern Europe teams.

That leaves only Belgium to find out whag is wrong there and I am worried that I will have to take different measures to get that one working. Especially since Belgium has some of the freeist foreign player rules around.

Albanian rules have been tested succesfully. Again there is an issue with a foreigner with no links whatsoever turning up, but this is the game, not the edits.

The player doesn't play any games (he is foreign afterall) and isn't transferred outside the country (because noone wants anything to do with Albania).

Maybe there is an extra rule that can help, but haven't found it yet,

Austria is being tested in the meantime and I am working on the Soviet Union player data.

I am testing Austria and either Red Bull Salzburg has so much foreign players they can't offload them, or the rules don't work properly for Austria.

To my surprise the game is blatantly ignoring the 3 foreigner rules and Red Bull Salzburg can play with 9 of them? :eek:

Anyway, that's why testing.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

I am testing Austria and either Red Bull Salzburg has so much foreign players they can't offload them, or the rules don't work properly for Austria.

To my surprise the game is blatantly ignoring the 3 foreigner rules and Red Bull Salzburg can play with 9 of them? :eek:

Anyway, that's why testing.

Issue found. Registration rules are mucking things up.

This one is for the fix list. Next one: Denmark

8 minutes ago, Michael_Myers said:

The Logopack seems to be ready, but i will wait until you will release the database to check on the IDs.

Credits to @MBarbaric for the previous logos on fm16 iron curtain database and to @Qvordrup of the Metallic logos.

Thanks. I will contact you when I am at the point that it can be safely tested for the visual stuff.

34 minuti fa, Michael_Myers ha scritto:

The Logopack seems to be ready, but i will wait until you will release the database to check on the IDs.

Credits to @MBarbaric for the previous logos on fm16 iron curtain database and to @Qvordrup of the Metallic logos.

I think Yugoslavia flag in that file was narrower than others. might be worth checking it.

3 minutes ago, Michael_Myers said:

The only difficulty is that my job didn't stop due to coronavirus, so my time is limited.

Well, I am happy for you for that. Btw, that's the same for me. My time is somewhat limited due to work being a mess with people getting sick.

On 24/04/2020 at 01:42, Spurs08 said:

You are correct. Wales at the time had a messy criss-cross of regional leagues, primarily the Cymru Alliance for northern and central teams and the Welsh Football League for the south. These didn't provide any participants to the European or UEFA Cup, but the Welsh Cup did feature the teams playing in England too and sent the winners to the Cup Winners Cup. Interestingly, it also featured English sides who were near-ish to Wales as well, although they couldn't reach Europe via this route with their place going to the runners-up instead. In 1988 this definitely included Kidderminster as they were runners-up, but I can't find a full list of participants per year; during the decade Hednesford, Worcester City, Hereford, Shrewsbury and Cheltenham all participated however.

http://fchd.info/cups/welshcupsummary.htm (This has them all) 

6 hours ago, jasonc2397 said:

Hi, awesome work on this, when you release will there be a master file available with all nations/leagues?

The whole mod will consist of about 50 files that work together. That's excluding graphics btw, that's another part of the mod.

While having to do some rework on player data (always check if you save a file correctly.... :rolleyes:) I was running some tests on the foreign player files.

Several need an edit which I have been flossing out yesterday evening. The Turkey file is close to 100%, although I am considering an update if the planned edit on England, Austria and Switzerland provide what I expect.

File now available in first post.

Next one tested to satisfaction: Sweden

With the weekend and two free days coming up, I plan to finish the European Cups this weekend and convert them to Advanced Rules. And then next week you won't hear that much from me as I am studying the Advanced Rules for International Competitions, finding out how edit in proper stadium rules and such.

Going to be fun and tough ;)

File is available in download in first post

Finished the Portugal test which also is close to 100%. This one might get the same update as Turkey, if the fix works.

If you are prepared for a lot of Brazilians in your teams, this is your file ;)

File removed

Just realised that I made a little ugly error, I forgot to edit the files for the countries that are NOT supposed to be in the EU, since the enlargement never took place!

You can still play the files you downloaded, but might see an update to them.

Yes, these files limit the use of foreign players in a single nation. These can be used as stand alone as well

Most of the other files have to be combined to work properly.

I have made a change to the English foreign rules that hopefully fixes the problem I was running into.

If not I have to see if matchday squad rules are the solution.

Test is running now, while it is time for bed ;)

And then I suddenly noticed a checkbox that says, only allow when Brexit happens.

THAT'S A VERY NASTY CHECKBOX.

Anyway, file changed and already can see that foreign players are noted. Let's see how things look tomorrow morning and then fix the rest of the competitions in England accordingly (if everything works of course).

Final test for England is running (fingers crossed) and in the meantime the rules for Mitropa, Balkans and Intertoto Cup.

If these go well, it is only the European Super Cup to build and the European continental cups can be converted to Advanced Rules. I have some small fixes in my mind (inserting cup tied and such).

17 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Final test for England is running (fingers crossed) and in the meantime the rules for Mitropa, Balkans and Intertoto Cup.

If these go well, it is only the European Super Cup to build and the European continental cups can be converted to Advanced Rules. I have some small fixes in my mind (inserting cup tied and such).

I know you can "load" European competitions rules in advanced rules mode when you add nation for those competitions. Keeping that in mind, is it possible to add teams from e.g. Crimea to participate in Champions League in some qualifying stages? 

You can't use Crimea as an active competition. That's something hardcoded. But if you pick teams from Crimea in your CL, that should be possible. Just realise that it is possible that the game won't actively run the Crimean Premier Division, but picks the team with highest reputation.

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

In other news, the Mitropa Cup, Balkans Cup and Intertoto Cup look good. The intertoto has a small detail I want to fix (all pool winners are assigned C(hampion)), but apart from that that edit went smoothly. If only everything was so easy ;)

So I will convert it to Advanced Rules tonight. After that I will probably have to do some detailing on price money and such, but that's something for later this month.

The English league is also looking great. Some teams are still over the foreign player limit, BUT because I have added the matchdayplayer rule (max 3 foreigners) as well, this doesn't impact the Premier League anymore. So what I thought out there, works as intended! If I don't find any issues with the English rules, I will upload those tonight.

Seeing that the English fixes work, means I can fix and test some of the other files as well, while I work on the continental cups for Asia, North America and South America tomorrow.

I have 25 Foreign Player files I have to check and retest (not necessary all of them), I have 27 days left this month, works perfectly ;)

And here we have...... the England rules! I am happy with them.

I just finished with the European Cup rules and have them converted to Advanced Rules. So these get a run right now with some of the last fixes. Let's see if those qualy rounds go the right now.

File available in download in first post.

And if you ever wondered if those European foreigner rules make any difference. Well, they really really do :D

Yeah, that reads FC Copenhagen :D

Naamloos1.thumb.png.5270c88bd84a09d570c99a1050ce0d8e.png

Some other shots

Naamloos2.thumb.png.e1c127f80c1eac9dfbb4d4fc64ad5771.png

Naamloos3.thumb.png.c4811cd5aab5c2be55e07576c31cf182.png

I still have a stadium issue to fix, but that's unfortunately not only in the European rules, so I need to find out a  conclusive solution for that.

On to the Continental Rules for Asia, North America and South America today!

I have make the logo file (i used the one that @MBarbaric has made for the previous version of the Iron Curtain). Because of I'm a doctor and these months my time is limited i don't know when i will be available to make work for the graphics (having a 18hour schedule on daily basis is kinda difficult). So i'm posting the link. I reduced the number of logos because some teams still using them til today. Thanks again to mettalic logo team. 

http://www.mediafire.com/file/75t51t5q5zwufrc/WIP.rar/file

29 minutes ago, Michael_Myers said:

I have make the logo file (i used the one that @MBarbaric has made for the previous version of the Iron Curtain). Because of I'm a doctor and these months my time is limited i don't know when i will be available to make work for the graphics (having a 18hour schedule on daily basis is kinda difficult). So i'm posting the link. I reduced the number of logos because some teams still using them til today. Thanks again to mettalic logo team. 

Thanks and good luck with your work. Keep safe (as far as that is possible for you).

19 ore fa, Michael_Myers ha scritto:

your service to the community is exemplary. You are an official candidate for The Silver Spade of the People awarded by the commitee of the Peopele's physical culture, sport and recreation Ministry. Congratulatons and respect comrade!

Seriously though, thanks for your work and your hobby :D 

9 hours ago, MBarbaric said:

your service to the community is exemplary. You are an official candidate for The Silver Spade of the People awarded by the commitee of the Peopele's physical culture, sport and recreation Ministry. Congratulatons and respect comrade!

Seriously though, thanks for your work and your hobby :D 

All the credits go to your work on the previous Iron Curtain database and graphics and now to @Wolf_pd for his work in FM20. The Iron Curtain database is the one that i loved, because in generally i like to manage my teams with homegrown players and this database is making gameplay more tactical. Football at it's best. Cheers.

Edited by Michael_Myers

I am working hard on the big continental cups (not the small ones yet ;)), so each continent has its continental cup in test now, together with the Interncontinental Cup as well.

Another 18 tournaments to go (international and continental) and I have an 'extras list' of 26 extra tournaments where I need to see what happens exactly with those tournaments. Possibly that list gets shortened a bit with tournaments not yet taking place in 1988 or they keep working without issue, despite the new calender. We will see.

Foreign player rules are being tested as well in the meantime, I will probably remove the downloads that are in the thread and replace it with one big download, to avoid people having to search for files. Also, it means I can better show what updates there are to the files. So expect an update on that, either later today or tomorrow!

The first post has been updated with the download for the foreign player rules. This only contains the updated files, after I found an error in the English file. This also means I have removed a bunch of other files from the thread.

The first post will ALWAYS have the current version of the rules and other files.

17 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

The first post has been updated with the download for the foreign player rules. This only contains the updated files, after I found an error in the English file. This also means I have removed a bunch of other files from the thread.

The first post will ALWAYS have the current version of the rules and other files.

Does the file have any of the leagues for Iron Curtain countries? Or is it just the rules?

At this moment it is just rules.

The 'new' countries need a combination of other files as well to work and not everything is finished yet.

Competitionwise things are going according to plan, testing and building, building and testing.

Playerwise I knew there come a moment I would be unhappy with the database and that's tonight. I hit a little wall. Too much of a perfectionist I guess and that's hard in a database like FM has. So I am going to go back quite a few versions. I will redo them quick instead of the painstaking way I am doing now., in a rather quick and dirty way, but one that probably is more workable than the way I am working now.

Thank you for your work! I am silently following this thread for months. As I am not finding into a groove with any of my FM 20 saves, I am really looking forward to this. Just one question: How much of a league depth will there be? Will West and East Germany have several tiers for example? 

The newly build competition will have two tiers to start.

The idea is to expand it, but first I want to release and then add lower levels at a later moment.