[FM20] Iron Curtain - In hindsight everything is 2020 (Released)

18 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

Hey Bro Can You Do Alternate Reality On FM 20

I will have to fill in the blanks in the competition history, so there will be a bit of alternate history included in the end.

After that I might run a career with it, it will a Dynamo team, but not sure yet which one ;)

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Wolf_pd said:

I will have to fill in the blanks in the competition history, so there will be a bit of alternate history included in the end.

After that I might run a career with it, it will a Dynamo team, but not sure yet which one ;)

Here what i want in alternate Reality
In England
Manchester United Being Take Over By UAE Owner And Have Much Money
Liverpool Being Take Over By China Owner And Have Much Money
Arsenal Being Take Over By Russian Owner And Doing The Chelsea Way
Manchester City Losing All The Money And Selling All Players And Doing The Leeds Way
In France
Lyon To Become The Next PSG And Making A Lot Of Money                                                                                                                                                                                                              PSG Losing All The Money And Become The Next Malaga
In Germany                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Schalke 04 To Be Similar To Dortmund And Having A New Chairman Similar To Dortmund Chairman
Borussia Dortmund Will Face Lots Of Debts And Selling All The Players And Become The Next Stuttgart                                                                                                                                  In Italy

Juventus Will Sold All Players And Ended Up Become The Next Parma

Inter Milan Will Become Similar To Man City And Make All Money Payment

Roma Will Get New Owner And Will Have 100M Pounds

In Europe
Champions League in 2021-2027 Will Have 32 Teams In Group Stage But With 4 Winners In Champions Path Play-Off And 4 Winners In League Path Play-Off And Later On Back On 2015-2018 Format In 2027

Europa League In 2021-2027 Will Have 8 Groups Of 6 And Having 48 Teams Came In Play-Off And Having 40 Teams Came In Play-Off And 8 Winners In Champions Path Play-Off In 2027

UEFA Europa Conference League In 2021-2024 Will Be Similar To 2001-2004 UEFA Cup And In 2024 The Winners Of UEFA Europa Conference League Will Allowed To Play In Europa League Play-Off

In World

World Cup Will Have 40 Teams In 2026 But With 8 Groups Of 5 
Bring Back The Conferdations Cup But With 16 Teams

FIFA Club World Cup Will Having 16 Teams In 2019

In Portugal

Segunda Liga Will Have 2 Groups Of North And South In 2019-2020

Taça De Portugal Will Explaned To 192 Teams

Taça Da Liga Will Also Explaned To 48 Teams

I wish you good luck with working that out. My world can be found in Wikipedia if you look at the seasons 1986/87, 87/88, 88/89 and 89/90.

I have made some changes since the editor doesn't allow for some things, but also because some confederations made a mess of their planning, wow!

How's your progress with Yugoslavia? 

It seems there were always some competition format changes.. There was also rule that if match ends in draw, penalties are taken to determine which team gets that one point..

And did you assign all stuff (players, clubs, cities etc.) to Yugoslavia (extinct, ID: 62003185)?

1 hour ago, Luke Cro said:

How's your progress with Yugoslavia? 

It seems there were always some competition format changes.. There was also rule that if match ends in draw, penalties are taken to determine which team gets that one point..

And did you assign all stuff (players, clubs, cities etc.) to Yugoslavia (extinct, ID: 62003185)?

No, I used a renamed Serbia, because it was the better decision datawise. I have used the rules of the 1989 season. I have to check for the penalties rule. Do you know which seasons that was in use?

The Yugoslav competition needs some minor changes. Player changes is something for April. I am still looking at the exact rules to use.

44 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

No, I used a renamed Serbia, because it was the better decision datawise. I have used the rules of the 1989 season. I have to check for the penalties rule. Do you know which seasons that was in use?

The Yugoslav competition needs some minor changes. Player changes is something for April. I am still looking at the exact rules to use.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1988–89_Yugoslav_First_League

Take a look.

Edited by Luke Cro

1 hour ago, Luke Cro said:

Thanks. Missed that because of using the 1987/1988 season as basis for level 1 and the 88/89 season as basis for level 2 when the strange relegation there in 87/88.

Let's see if Advanced Rules can handle this :)

24 minuti fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

Thanks. Missed that because of using the 1987/1988 season as basis for level 1 and the 88/89 season as basis for level 2 when the strange relegation there in 87/88.

Let's see if Advanced Rules can handle this :)

please don't use these freaky rules employed for a year. the following season was even wonkier with 19 teams in the first division. 

regardless, what did you decide to do with players that are currently abroad? do they rest abroad or do you pull them back to the last club in the country? i.e. Vlasic would play in CSKA or would be brought back to hajduk split?

6 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

please don't use these freaky rules employed for a year. the following season was even wonkier with 19 teams in the first division. 

regardless, what did you decide to do with players that are currently abroad? do they rest abroad or do you pull them back to the last club in the country? i.e. Vlasic would play in CSKA or would be brought back to hajduk split?

Actually that rule lasted several seasons before Yugoslavia break-up and that can be done in advanced rules. And players should remain in their current clubs, there's no point returning them to club where they started career.

16 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Guys, sorry, i make the rules. You can give me advice :D

Had you also include the flag of Yugoslavia instead of Serbia? I had try to add it in my game and it worked for a while but eventually it crashed so I had to remove the custom graphics file in order to play the game:(

Just a few more Concacaf and FIFA competitions to plan out and I can start building.

It has become a bit bigger than expected, but..... it will make the database better in the end.

In the meantime I have also worked on rules whether to move players back to their country of origin. It;s a bit of a trade off, either you move players back in the editor, or you let the game do it in one big mass migration.

3 ore fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

In the meantime I have also worked on rules whether to move players back to their country of origin. It;s a bit of a trade off, either you move players back in the editor, or you let the game do it in one big mass migration.

might be wrong as my memory isn't as it used to be, but it is relatively easy to get them back in the editor. i am afraid it might become quite chaotic if you leave it only to the (in game) market. not to mention it would be completely out of spirit of the database :D 

1 hour ago, MBarbaric said:

might be wrong as my memory isn't as it used to be, but it is relatively easy to get them back in the editor. i am afraid it might become quite chaotic if you leave it only to the (in game) market. not to mention it would be completely out of spirit of the database :D 

Oh no, moving them back is easy. It is just that I am looking at doing it in a way that doesn't mess up the database. I agree to the chaos not moving players back would cause, but let's say you move a player from an English premier league back to a team that was good when the player moved, but it just fell off a cliff, it would still mean a lot of movement. It is that kind of rules. Also, using rules like that makes editing a lot easier because you can use the editor to filter for you.

2 ore fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

Oh no, moving them back is easy. It is just that I am looking at doing it in a way that doesn't mess up the database. I agree to the chaos not moving players back would cause, but let's say you move a player from an English premier league back to a team that was good when the player moved, but it just fell off a cliff, it would still mean a lot of movement. It is that kind of rules. Also, using rules like that makes editing a lot easier because you can use the editor to filter for you.

in these situations I moved the player to the best club in the republic he was born in, or just into one of 4 big clubs if the first option wasn't available.

players as Ibrahimovic, Rakitic... who were born outside, or never played, in exYU clubs were left where they were though. I was thinking about moving them back as well, but in the end decided not to. even before the wall fell there were kids of YU immigrants that were born abroad and would later on come through youth systems of their new countries. 

41 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

in these situations I moved the player to the best club in the republic he was born in, or just into one of 4 big clubs if the first option wasn't available.

players as Ibrahimovic, Rakitic... who were born outside, or never played, in exYU clubs were left where they were though. I was thinking about moving them back as well, but in the end decided not to. even before the wall fell there were kids of YU immigrants that were born abroad and would later on come through youth systems of their new countries. 

Sounds quite a bit like what I have in mind. Probably going to pick that up this weekend between working through the international competitions. 

Player changes are in the works! First set will contain all changes towards East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Soviet-Union and Yugoslavia.

After that I am going to test the first foreign player rules.

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Player changes are in the works! First set will contain all changes towards East Germany, Czechoslovakia, Soviet-Union and Yugoslavia.

After that I am going to test the first foreign player rules.

Sounds great! Can't wait. How long before the release, do you think?

Depends on Corona. If I have to get back to the office in a few weeks it will take longer, but I have absolutely no idea what is going to happn on that front.

But don't expect a release in April at this moment.

9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Depends on Corona. If I have to get back to the office in a few weeks it will take longer, but I have absolutely no idea what is going to happn on that front.

But don't expect a release in April at this moment.

i have feeling that Iron Curtain will be released around june or july at this moment

Slowly working through all German data at the moment. Decided to put some effort in it as it will save me lots if time if I port this over to FM21.

Also very interested to see what Corona means for FM21. Hopefully we get the option to edit out any strange scenarios.

2 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

robert prosinecki did (even won the world cup, well U21). 

Ah good, was worried I would have to retire all Yugoslav players born outside Yugoslavia or ban them from international sports otherwise.

Just finished splitting up the German players into East and West Germany and took a look at Germany and Second Nations afterwards. For now the only reason to work at Second Nations is for the Yugoslav, Czech and Soviet Nations.

Cleaning up is nice, because there are waaaaaaay too much second nations, but with limited hours at the moment I want to make the most of it.

Maybe do a bit of a sweep when moving players around.

Still undecided about the Germans from Russia and Kazakhstan though

Hi Wolf_pd. I absolutely loved MBarbaric's Iron Curtain database so am thrilled you are taking on the mantle. If you want any help doing any graphics for it, i.e flags etc I am more than happy to help. I cant see my partner, I'm a civil servant so work is insane and when I've got my kids they drive me insane but if lockdown speeds up this release then I'm willing to suffer for it! Thanks again Sir! 

2 hours ago, Jekermesh said:

Hi Wolf_pd. I absolutely loved MBarbaric's Iron Curtain database so am thrilled you are taking on the mantle. If you want any help doing any graphics for it, i.e flags etc I am more than happy to help. I cant see my partner, I'm a civil servant so work is insane and when I've got my kids they drive me insane but if lockdown speeds up this release then I'm willing to suffer for it! Thanks again Sir! 

Hello! You mention you are good with graphics.Would you be able to make the flags of Yugoslavia,Czechoslovakia and Soviet Union and tell me how to install it in the game? Cause I had try to use the graphics from the former iron curtain in fm20 and it worked for a while but eventually it crashed:((

I am learning Advanced Rules the hard way right now :(

I was working on Romania to change the foreign player rules. Obviously there is a possibility you run into unrelated competition errors. And I did, probably because there were some teams going broke in the meantime and SI making sure that worked out the right way.

So I have managed to fix those and it has been a learning curve to be honest. Hopefully this will help me to get things done quicker :)

Also, for those curious for Romanian rules:

• - No foreign players allowed
  • - Players are NOT allowed to be transferred outside the country
  • - No Bosman Rule

Talk about restrictive!

Anyway, I will start testing this file soon and run a big test on it. If that works, I can do other rules in quick succession :)

47 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

is this valid for transfers within the country? how is that even possible? 

Thank you, that should have read (changed it now)

• Players are NOT allowed to be transferred outside the country.

The Romania file is in test.

As it can be used without the other files, I will release this one if I don't see issues with it.

Just to be clear, as long as the other files are not ready yet, Romanians will be transferred to outside Romania with this file.

For download:

the Romanian rules. The v.000012 means a 12 version of the Romanian build. I keep an extensive build log, so I can trace my work easily.

After a test running untill 2034 I could see that all Romanian teams had Romanian nationals only.

You will see some other nationalities from time to time, but these are nextgens with a second nationality of Romanian.

File removed.

Next one coming is Poland. I just finished editing, It took about two hours, but that included breakfast, a shower and doing the dishes as well, so less than an hour pretty much.

First is the test and if that comes OK, the file will be made available as well.

The Polish rules

• No foreigners allowed
  • Players are allowed to be transferred outside the country at the age of 26
  • No Bosman

As you can see another cases of no foreigners and there will be more.

20 minuti fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

As you can see another cases of no foreigners and there will be more.

what is your research telling you for yug? 

also, will it be possible to edit the database after the release, i.e. if I want to add more foreigners to poland/romania?

7 minutes ago, MBarbaric said:

what is your research telling you for yug? 

also, will it be possible to edit the database after the release, i.e. if I want to add more foreigners to poland/romania?

Yugoslavia is 1 foreigner allowed and leaving the country after 27.

The files can be edited without issue. You will have to change the transfer preferences and the competition squad rules and that's it. Let's put it like this, based on the Romania file, to convert it to Yugoslavia rules would cost me about 10 minutes.

@MBarbaric in the meantime I am working on the players file. I have a bit of an issue with the Kosovo players. Shoving them all to Yugoslavia feels a bit overdoing, while moving them to Albania will create another issue.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Small error found during the test which allows for foreign nextgens to pop at Polish teams. Strangely they don't have second nationality Polish as I would have expected, so I need to fix that one.

3 hours ago, Reiver said:

will you change EU leagues as well to their tranfer and squad rules in 89 or just the eastern ones?

First have to finish the player data on Kosovo and then I will look at a few West European nations as I have seen quite some errors being mentioned in the Advanced Rules section.

And of course fix the Polish file.

5 ore fa, Wolf_pd ha scritto:

@MBarbaric in the meantime I am working on the players file. I have a bit of an issue with the Kosovo players. Shoving them all to Yugoslavia feels a bit overdoing, while moving them to Albania will create another issue.

Any ideas/suggestions?

why is it an issue? if they are Kosovo nationals today then they were Yugoslav behind the curtain. There were plenty of very good Kosovar players in Yugoslav teams.

Unless your refere to those born outside of Kosovo with Kosovo being their second nationality? Still, I guess the above point stands. unless I don't understand something?