Is there any way to seriously reduce the amount of news items you get?

I have no subscriptions at all, yet I'm swamped with news items about things I frankly don't care about.

My U-23 and U-18 teams dominate the news and I'm just not interested one bit. If I need to take a look at these teams, I can do it myself. But the game thinks I want updates not only from their games, but from fringe players within those squads who the coaches give me training updates for.

International round-ups as well could be removed. Same with many news items concerning upcoming games. It could be way more concise than it is now. Or at the very least give me a chance to seriously reduce what's shown in MY inbox. FM gives you so many options overall, so why not include the inbox in that?

The game tends to become a clickfest to move forward sometimes. I'm really enjoying my Everton save atm but progress could be made faster. Apologies if there's something vital I've missed in the filtering options, but I don't think I have.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that still leaves the problem that out of those 30 emails, maybe 28 are useless and 1 or 2 of them you actually want to read. But you're not going to because it means continuously scrolling through the other 28 useless ones. Again. And again. And again. *sigh*