[FM21 & FM20] Better Crowd Colors

majesticeternity

@majesticeternity, you are an absolute legend for doing this. Thank you so much!

I have a question about where to extract it, though. I'm on a Mac, so I usually put skins/facepacks/etc. in: Library > Application Support > Football Manager 2020 > Graphics. When I tried extracting this file here, it didn't work! I restarted the game as you said. Any help you can give me would be awesome. It looks incredible in the pics, so I can't wait to see how it looks on my save. 

Edited by HelloJerry
forgot to say thank you

13 minutes ago, HelloJerry said:

@majesticeternity I'm realizing that the extracted files are .dds, which it looks like is only supported on Windows. Darn! Anybody know what the Mac equivalent of that file type is? I am chomping at the bit to get this going on my game. 

Thank you in advance!

Hm...

Well it's not in the graphics folder...

Library > Application Support > Football Manager 2020 > textures > crowd. So just extract the file to the Football Manager 2020 folder itself. Then you should see the textures folder, in that the crowd folder, with 2 files.

That's the correct path, I believe.

10 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

Hm...

Library > Application Support > Football Manager 2020 > textures > crowd. So just extract the file to the Football Manager 2020 folder itself. Then you should see the textures folder, in that the crowd folder, with 2 files.

Ok! I got it working and it's just as good as I thought it would be. THANK YOU!!!

Mac Users: Do everything @majesticeternity says to do regarding where to extract the files. When you get to Library > Application Support > Football Manager 2020, you may not have a "textures" folder yet. Just create one and then extract the "crowd" folder there. That's what I had to do and it worked great.

Once again, thank you so much for seeing my post from yesterday and doing this. The game looks so much better without all those orange and tan shirts in the crowd. 

13 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Do you take into account the club colours with this Mod or are they all the same?

The color palette file is quite odd, but doesn’t affect club colors from my testing. There is the skin/hair section, shirts section in two random areas, pants section in middle, other color sections I didn’t touch cuz I couldn’t determine what they do, and a blank white section. 

Theres also roughly the same amount of Barca shirts in both before and after pics.

But who knows for sure....

2 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

The color palette file is quite odd, but doesn’t affect club colors from my testing. There is the skin/hair section, shirts section in two random areas, pants section in middle, other color sections I didn’t touch cuz I couldn’t determine what they do, and a blank white section. 

Theres also roughly the same amount of Barca shirts in both before and after pics.

But who knows for sure....

Thanks- I will give it a try

6 minutes ago, HelloJerry said:

Ok! I got it working and it's just as good as I thought it would be. THANK YOU!!!

Once again, thank you so much for seeing my post from yesterday and doing this. The game looks so much better without all those orange and tan shirts in the crowd. 

No problem! I agree! Not very realistic or eye friendly. More distracting than anything...

For people wondering about how well this mod performs, I've played 3 matches now (1 home, 2 away) and I have seen nothing concerning or out of the ordinary. I've attached pictures of what my home crowd looked like before and after installing this—my team's colors are blue and white and we have an all black third kit, FYI.

Before:

1246992260_ScreenShot2020-01-09at9_50_17PM.thumb.png.2580ade43aacdb097274d829bf55d714.png

After: 

988453210_ScreenShot2020-01-10at9_01_39PM.thumb.png.64563b0993ef2956aa25d0743946a838.png

As you can see, the difference is like day and night. 

8 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Just loaded up FM to try this and found that it was the start of an international break with no game for 2.5 weeks!  Aaargh!

One way to check how it looks is to just watch the highlights of your previous match. The crowd will look different there, too.

5 minutes ago, HelloJerry said:

One way to check how it looks is to just watch the highlights of your previous match. The crowd will look different there, too.

I thought of that but would the highlights not have been saved in the old format?

1 minute ago, prot651 said:

Weird as mine doesn't change at all ? done exactly what is needed . Will it work in created leagues 

It should work anywhere..

You have the setup of Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\textures\crowd, with the two files in it? You have crowd turned on in Preferences, and restarted FM? You may need to clear the cache and reload the skin?

4 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

It should work anywhere..

You have the setup of Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\textures\crowd, with the two files in it? You have crowd turned on in Preferences, and restarted FM? You may need to clear the cache and reload the skin?

Yep have and done all that 

2 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Is the file path for this mod affected by using a third party skin?- I have no textures or crowd file in my FM 2020 folder

It shouldn't, I don't think the textures folder is default created...I know the crowds isn't. You have to create them..

But depending on how extensive your skin is, it may be overwriting the path, you could try disabling/temporarily relocating the skin folder and see if that works...

1 minute ago, prot651 said:

Yeah that's right you have to create the texture folder as I had to add new pitches before . Tried the default skin and still not working so I will try different things 

That's odd. Double-check again that you have the right folder setup.. and maybe check the file's Properties, that it isn't blocked by Windows somehow?

Then make sure to uncheck Cache. Clear Cache. Reload Skin. Restart. Reload...

I'm not sure what else to suggest...

4 minutes ago, majesticeternity said:

That's odd. Double-check again that you have the right folder setup.. and maybe check the file's Properties, that it isn't blocked by Windows somehow?

Then make sure to uncheck Cache. Clear Cache. Reload Skin. Restart. Reload...

I'm not sure what else to suggest...

Ok its official …" IM AN IDIOT "

textures not texture as I put it .:seagull:

I am a bit dyslexic but that was ridiculous 

Anyways all good now lol

7 hours ago, DamienQilBormliz said:

Wow, gonna try this asap. 
You have been a life saver for FM20 this year my friend! 

Thank you for this! 

Thanks! appreciate it!

7 hours ago, handy500 said:

Nice one majesticeternity Any chance of looking at ball mods see if you can do anything with them.

Unfortunately I have tried and failed so far. Tried adding in mesh folder and in actual archive, and also making the dds entirely black...no change...

4 hours ago, Rivanov said:

Nice! Will add them immediately to my textures folder. :)

Thanks!

3 hours ago, SuperRedditch said:

@majesticeternity You, sir, are an absolute legend. This issue ruined 3D for me this year, and you've fixed it.

Damn, how sad is it that this has really made my day.

Haha, or maybe it’s good you are able to be happy over little things?

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Gee_Simpson:

Sir is actually a Dame :D

Every man's dream, a woman who likes FM! :lol:

And they always try to change what they like. But it's for the good. :)

On 12/01/2020 at 07:57, majesticeternity said:

Cuz I had thought I included the textures folder in the zip file, but I guess it only zipped the subfolder...

Thanks! Hope you enjoy!

Kudos to you- this has made a real difference ( once I worked out how to get it working!)

On 10/01/2020 at 23:16, majesticeternity said:

Hm...

This worked perfectly on my Mac.  Thank you for the great mod!!!

On 14/01/2020 at 15:21, majesticeternity said:

On 14/01/2020 at 12:56, daherlihy said:

Has this been tested yet on FMT on Android?

I haven’t tested it, but I believe it’s the same process. Let me know if it doesn’t work...

Looks good on FMT on Android (including the pitch textures) :)

BEFORE AND AFTER.jpg

Edited by daherlihy

• 3 weeks later...