"Use Runner-Up Team As Backup" tick box

Carlito85

I've revamped the UEFA Super Cup so it now includes 4 teams

- UEFA Champions League Winner
- UEFA Europa League Winner
- UEFA Europa Conference League Winner (use runner-up team as backup applied here)
- UEFA Intertoto Cup Winner

The problem I'm having is while the competition ran without any problems in the first season, because Milan won the 2019 Intertoto Cup (qualifying for the 2019-20 UEFA Conference League) and then won the UEFA Conference League, the Super Cup didn't grab the runner-up instead which was Torino. The competition didn't schedule for 2020 and is now due to schedule in 2021.

3 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

Never mind, I fixed it.

For anyone wondering, I added a new instruction to grab the runner-up of a specific competition, rather than solely rely on the tick box.

Yeah i think this option doesnt work as it should.

• 1 year later...

Ancient bump here, but in your example it's because of the order of entries, the game picks teams from top to bottom and doesn't go backwards. So it got Milan from the 3rd entry and then when it found a double in the 4th entry, it was stuck at 3 teams.

Reversing intertoto and conference should work in this case. In more complicated ones, sometimes you can't account for every possible situation of double winners.

Even so, I've had problems with the "runner-up as back-up" tick-box, I *think* it might work if you've ticked "ignore teams" in a previous entry that accounts for the winner. Experimenting with it now.

Edited by themodelcitizen