[FM20] [SKIN] Missing Skins - Dark/Light Skins for FM Touch (inc. Tablet) and Background Support

GavinG

34 minutes ago, GavinG said:

If you have a look at 'skin_config.xml', first thing to note is the line:

<boolean id="fmc_skin" value="true" />

This indicates that it's a skin for Touch.  If that line has a value of false or is not present, then it is a skin for full FM.

Next, there's this line which indicates that it's a tablet skin:

<boolean id="tablet_skin" value="true" />

Then there's this section which indicates that the skin "builds upon" the default 'fmc tablet' skin.:

<list id="parent">
        <string value="fmc tablet" />
    </list>

This section may also be represented like this, which is the equivalent:

<flags id="parent" value="fmc tablet" />

So in the case of the ones I've posted, they have 'parent' of 'fmc tablet', then just a couple of files to change colours.  It looks like the default tablet skin is similar to PC skin, but with increased spacing and some buttons added/changed to improve controls on a touch screen.  The stuff I've done probably works ok on tablet because it doesn't deviate too much from that default. 

If you have a PC FM Touch skin you may be able to get it going on a tablet by setting the 'parent' value above to 'fmc tablet' (it would likely just be 'fmc' on PC).  That might work but it will depend on the skin.  If it's fairly small modifications you'll probably be ok, but skins with more heavily customised panels are likely to cause problems.  As I've mentioned, I don't have the tablet version myself so haven't been able to look into this much.

That being said, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of Touch skins around at the moment.

Thanks - so are you saying that downloaded skins could be tested on FMT on tablet just by changing the values for the boolean fmc_skin and tablet_skin attributes to true inside the skin_config.xml file?

A PC Touch skin could be tested on tablet just by adding the 'tablet_skin' line, but it would have to be a Touch skin to begin with.  You can't make a Full FM skin into a Touch skin just by adding the 'fmc_skin' line.  What I meant was the 'fmc_skin' line is how you would identify that it's a Touch skin.  Hope that makes sense.

On ‎06‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 06:22, GavinG said:

Fixed - you'll need both the 'fmc-tablet-dark' and 'fmc-tablet-dark-bg' on your tablet.  Maybe better to use Resource Archiver and package these up as FMF files to makes transferring to tablet easier.

Hi, Thanks for the great work, but I don't know if I have done anything wrong.  I have placed both files under skin folder, but only skin named "FM Touch - Touchscreen - Dark" is showing up, and can't see another skin named with background support.  Thanks in advance for your help.

20 minutes ago, MichelleC said:

Hi, Thanks for the great work, but I don't know if I have done anything wrong.  I have placed both files under skin folder, but only skin named "FM Touch - Touchscreen - Dark" is showing up, and can't see another skin named with background support.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Anyway, if I select to load the "FM Touch - Touchscreen - Dark" skin, background is too transparent, and unable to see the text.  Any method to increase opacity of the skin?

15 hours ago, GavinG said:

Sorry - was an issue with the tablet background.  Made a change.  Try to download again - see if that helps.

No need to apologise, as you actually make our android game more enjoyable. 

1 more issue...after i change the dark background skin, clear cache and restart the game, it loads for 3 hours n still loading.  Don't know if there is any problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Just do a test, i deleted the dark background skin, clear cache n run the game, it takes 15min for the first load.

Edited by MichelleC
Further update after a test

Hi,

Great FMT skins!

I'm trying to add an additional folder/panels i.e 'match' folder (taken from the FMT base skin) and including it in these skins. But it doesn't appear to work.

I've followed the exact file pathway - as it appears in the FMT base skin i.e ...\panels\match.

Cleared cache etc, but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Grateful for some help.

Thank you in advance

On 08/03/2020 at 12:47, MichelleC said:

No need to apologise, as you actually make our android game more enjoyable. 

1 more issue...after i change the dark background skin, clear cache and restart the game, it loads for 3 hours n still loading.  Don't know if there is any problem.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Just do a test, i deleted the dark background skin, clear cache n run the game, it takes 15min for the first load.

Made a couple of changes.  Try again.

I know on the PC that custom logos/backgrounds can make that skin reload much slower.  I'd suggest removing them temporarily to check the skin loads ok, then move them back later.

11 hours ago, yd1882 said:

Hi,

Great FMT skins!

I'm trying to add an additional folder/panels i.e 'match' folder (taken from the FMT base skin) and including it in these skins. But it doesn't appear to work.

I've followed the exact file pathway - as it appears in the FMT base skin i.e ...\panels\match.

Cleared cache etc, but doesn't seem to make any difference.

Grateful for some help.

Thank you in advance

Is that on PC or tablet?

1 hour ago, GavinG said:

Made a couple of changes.  Try again.

I know on the PC that custom logos/backgrounds can make that skin reload much slower.  I'd suggest removing them temporarily to check the skin loads ok, then move them back later.

Hello Gavin,

It's working....Thanks again for your big help!  Cheers!!

On 05/03/2020 at 22:19, GavinG said:

Fixed.  I think it can be improved further, but at least in the latest version the checkbox is visible.

Thanks for the fix and update. Perfect now and no need for further improvements to it. If it ain't broke don't fix it :)

On 05/03/2020 at 22:22, GavinG said:

Fixed - you'll need both the 'fmc-tablet-dark' and 'fmc-tablet-dark-bg' on your tablet.  Maybe better to use Resource Archiver and package these up as FMF files to makes transferring to tablet easier.

Amazing thanks. Not sure FMF will work on iPad.

@GavinG Mate, any idea how to fix small windows popup when you screening members of staff?

It does not look properly at the moment. Could be sweet if there is any possibility to make:

1) showing attributes in boxes, like for players

2) fix those double information eg. picture etc.

Bless you all.

Untitled.png

On 06/03/2020 at 11:39, GavinG said:

A PC Touch skin could be tested on tablet just by adding the 'tablet_skin' line, but it would have to be a Touch skin to begin with.  You can't make a Full FM skin into a Touch skin just by adding the 'fmc_skin' line.  What I meant was the 'fmc_skin' line is how you would identify that it's a Touch skin.  Hope that makes sense.

Actually you can make a Full FM skin work on Touch if you set it's parent to the Full FM Skin.

Anyway was i interested in modding the action bar below the title bar for the Touch Version, any tips mate?

On 04/01/2020 at 20:32, GavinG said:

Not a huge fan of the purple myself so set out trying to get the 'Dark' skin going in FM Touch, then I got a bit carried away and ended up with some skins that were kind of 'missing' from the game. 

For FM Touch there's Dark/Light skins based on full FM + versions of each with background support, and for full FM there's versions of Dark/Light/Purple with background support.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/11jwuqvjb2uob63/AAAA0CUOYFb0aO6l0mDsSdwKa

UPDATE

• v03 now available.  Same link above. 
    • Fixes invisible checkbox and other bits.
    • Tablet version is there as well (including background support).  Since I don't have the tablet version myself, could I ask those who have it working to please help out anyone who's having trouble.
    • Currently v03 only includes.  Light will follow shortly.  If you prefer light, stick to v02 (which is the same as the existing version).
  • Full FM versions remain at v01.  All they do is enable background support, so unless there's any major issues it's unlikely they'll be updated.

Can someone please help! I can’t seem to get any of the skins working for my FMT20 on the ipad. 

Hey guys,

Any word on the update or files?

Trying to download logos for FM2020 Touch but feel pretty o overwhelmed and confused by the different instructions, updates and downloads that I need.

Is there a sticky on this thread or a specific post which is the most relevent?

OK - this is how I get it working on my iPad.

Delete the whole app (backup your save to Steam first of course!)

Install the app, and launch the game, wait for the circles to disappear and hit the main menu. Quit the game, and close it out from RAM using multitasking.

Download the tablet skins to your PC. Create a skins folder on your PC which should have all the subfolders for the skins in it (not just the single one you want).

Connect your iPad to iTunes on your PC. Go to file sharing and drag and drop the whole skins folder onto the FM Touch 2020 directory.

Launch the game, and go into preferences you should now see the skins there.

On 06/03/2020 at 10:40, GavinG said:

If you have a look at 'skin_config.xml', first thing to note is the line:

<boolean id="fmc_skin" value="true" />

This indicates that it's a skin for Touch.  If that line has a value of false or is not present, then it is a skin for full FM.

Next, there's this line which indicates that it's a tablet skin:

<boolean id="tablet_skin" value="true" />

Then there's this section which indicates that the skin "builds upon" the default 'fmc tablet' skin.:

<list id="parent">
        <string value="fmc tablet" />
    </list>

This section may also be represented like this, which is the equivalent:

<flags id="parent" value="fmc tablet" />

So in the case of the ones I've posted, they have 'parent' of 'fmc tablet', then just a couple of files to change colours.  It looks like the default tablet skin is similar to PC skin, but with increased spacing and some buttons added/changed to improve controls on a touch screen.  The stuff I've done probably works ok on tablet because it doesn't deviate too much from that default. 

If you have a PC FM Touch skin you may be able to get it going on a tablet by setting the 'parent' value above to 'fmc tablet' (it would likely just be 'fmc' on PC).  That might work but it will depend on the skin.  If it's fairly small modifications you'll probably be ok, but skins with more heavily customised panels are likely to cause problems.  As I've mentioned, I don't have the tablet version myself so haven't been able to look into this much.

That being said, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of Touch skins around at the moment.

I can confirm that this skin file works perfectly well with the FM Touch 20 (iOS) version. 
As others have mentioned, save the tablet folders in a folder called skin and save it inside FMT main route folder. 
Connect to iTunes / file share and hit add file/folder.

Make sure that all of your graphics folders are loaded in (to utilise the player and staff pics/logos and kits). 

Then also add your skin folder and sync.

Turn on iPad when ready, go to preferences (in-game) and hit clear cache.

Also go onto the skin drop down menu and you should see FMT - Touchscreen - Dark and also FMT - Touchscreen - Dark (with background). Select the one you want and then hit confirm.

Log all of the way out and then boot it back up again. 

Thanks for all of your work GavinG great bit of work.

Edited by Musestar
More info

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @GavinG, Still love your work, I'm using the dark skin for now...

were you ever able to fix those things I mentioned about the light skin? Just curious because I'm thinking about switching back to it.

No worries if you didn't have the time to look at it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, kieran.kehir said:

How would I find that? 

It's typically this address on your storage:

Android/data/com.sega.soccer.champions/files/installed/ application support/Sports Interactive

Delete the cache folder and restart your game, hopefully the skin appears in your settings then. 

23 minutes ago, daherlihy said:

It's typically this address on your storage:

Android/data/com.sega.soccer.champions/files/installed/ application support/Sports Interactive

Delete the cache folder and restart your game, hopefully the skin appears in your settings then. 

Have done the above but still no avail, gonna give up soon I think, been trying for 8 months to get this sorted 🤣 

2 hours ago, kieran.kehir said:

Have done the above but still no avail, gonna give up soon I think, been trying for 8 months to get this sorted 🤣 

Where have you placed the downloaded skin?

• 5 months later...
12 hours ago, dansimmons said:

Hi @GavinG - will you be remaking these masterpieces for FM 2021 Touch? :)

I'd become so used to them in FM 2020 Touch that the default purple in this year's version is really noticeable - and not in a good way!

You can get Touch Versions of the Base Skins here (including two dark versions):