Jump to content

[FM20] [SKIN] Missing Skins - Dark/Light Skins for FM Touch (inc. Tablet) and Background Support


GavinG
 Share

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, GavinG said:

Not a huge fan of the purple myself so set out trying to get the 'Dark' skin going in FM Touch, then I got a bit carried away and ended up with some skins that were kind of 'missing' from the game. 

For FM Touch there's Dark/Light skins based on full FM + versions of each with background support, and for full FM there's versions of Dark/Light/Purple with background support.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/11jwuqvjb2uob63/AAAA0CUOYFb0aO6l0mDsSdwKa

Awesome, thanks a lot

Link to post
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, GavinG said:

So is it the same as the Touchscreen skin that's you also get on PC?  If it's just a case of taking that and modifying the colour scheme that should be possible.

Yes mate. It has a specific base skin itself

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 04/01/2020 at 22:32, GavinG said:

Not a huge fan of the purple myself so set out trying to get the 'Dark' skin going in FM Touch, then I got a bit carried away and ended up with some skins that were kind of 'missing' from the game. 

For FM Touch there's Dark/Light skins based on full FM + versions of each with background support, and for full FM there's versions of Dark/Light/Purple with background support.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/11jwuqvjb2uob63/AAAA0CUOYFb0aO6l0mDsSdwKa

Mate, you`re a "Touch God" :applause:

Thank you :hammer:

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/01/2020 at 15:32, GavinG said:

Not a huge fan of the purple myself so set out trying to get the 'Dark' skin going in FM Touch, then I got a bit carried away and ended up with some skins that were kind of 'missing' from the game. 

For FM Touch there's Dark/Light skins based on full FM + versions of each with background support, and for full FM there's versions of Dark/Light/Purple with background support.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/11jwuqvjb2uob63/AAAA0CUOYFb0aO6l0mDsSdwKa

Are the ones in the dropbox labeled "FMC" for FM Touch 2020 for the PC?  I'm thinking about trying to install one of them, but...is the process as complicated as it sounds? I've never installed a skin for any FM game, but the purple background this time around is just hideous. Does anyone actually like it??? I'm surprised that there are no other "official" skins. 

Edited by Antonin
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

New versions available - same like as above.  Tidied up some bits and pieces - buttons same colour as backgrounds e.g. on the media question.  You could click the text, but wasn't immediately obvious it was a button.  I guess the light skins weren't so popular because in some places attributes weren't visible due to white text on white backgrounds.  That's fixed as well.

Also, if you're into the skins with background support I highly recommend the packs by @stevemc here:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GavinG said:

New versions available - same like as above.  Tidied up some bits and pieces - buttons same colour as backgrounds e.g. on the media question.  You could click the text, but wasn't immediately obvious it was a button.  I guess the light skins weren't so popular because in some places attributes weren't visible due to white text on white backgrounds.  That's fixed as well.

Also, if you're into the skins with background support I highly recommend the packs by @stevemc here:

 

Thank you SO MUCH for doing these skins! :applause:

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Dan13L said:

How would I decrease the transparency (make the background more opaque) on the tablet version so I can use the stadium backgrounds. Currently there isn’t any opacity whatsoever and I can’t read any text.

You got the tablet version working?  I suspected it would work but don't have the iOS/Android version so was never able to test it myself.  If that version seems to work (other than the BG transparency) - I should be able to fix that fairly quickly for you.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, GavinG said:

You got the tablet version working?  I suspected it would work but don't have the iOS/Android version so was never able to test it myself.  If that version seems to work (other than the BG transparency) - I should be able to fix that fairly quickly for you.

 

Does it work on tablet?? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DavyDepuydt1 said:

I also see that the colors for natural vs accomplished are switched:

 

positions.png

Hmm, that's odd.  Didn't intentionally change those colours - will look into that.  I play with the dark version myself so the light version hasn't been tested nearly as thoroughly.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks @GavinG, you made my time with FM20 much more pleasant!

Just a little issue I found:
The square is missing where normally you tick/untick. In the cutout I attached it is next to Add To Shortlist / Add as Transfer Target, not sure if also in any other places within the game. 100% certain all is fine on the Opposition Instructions screen as I use it often.

Are you able to look into it and make a quick fix? I've got no clue how much work would be involved with that so fair enough if you haven't got time, as it is a detail after all...

fm_tick-square-missing.PNG

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 25/02/2020 at 16:14, GavinG said:

You got the tablet version working?  I suspected it would work but don't have the iOS/Android version so was never able to test it myself.  If that version seems to work (other than the BG transparency) - I should be able to fix that fairly quickly for you.


Yeah works great on my iPad. I really prefer this skin to the purple. As a workaround I batch darkened all my stadium backgrounds but it was a bit of a faff and took a while so if you could get the transparency to work that would be ace

Edited by Dan13L
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 28/02/2020 at 23:09, right_winger said:

Thanks @GavinG, you made my time with FM20 much more pleasant!

Just a little issue I found:
The square is missing where normally you tick/untick. In the cutout I attached it is next to Add To Shortlist / Add as Transfer Target, not sure if also in any other places within the game. 100% certain all is fine on the Opposition Instructions screen as I use it often.

Are you able to look into it and make a quick fix? I've got no clue how much work would be involved with that so fair enough if you haven't got time, as it is a detail after all...

fm_tick-square-missing.PNG

Fixed.  I think it can be improved further, but at least in the latest version the checkbox is visible.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 03/03/2020 at 18:26, Dan13L said:


Yeah works great on my iPad. I really prefer this skin to the purple. As a workaround I batch darkened all my stadium backgrounds but it was a bit of a faff and took a while so if you could get the transparency to work that would be ace

Fixed - you'll need both the 'fmc-tablet-dark' and 'fmc-tablet-dark-bg' on your tablet.  Maybe better to use Resource Archiver and package these up as FMF files to makes transferring to tablet easier.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @GavinG Thanks again for this great work, I've been playing for a while now with the light skin and it has brought back the joy of playing FM for me like never before.
I only have 3 small remarks, I don't know if you would be able to fix it, or maybe even point out where I can do it... if it's not possible or you're short on time I understand:

 

  • In the calendar when the day is moving, the top is not readable, where you see who you are playing next and what is both team's current ranking
  • During a match, the first two links (Pitch & Tactics or so?) are not readable
  • The news screen is not so readable

Screenshots attached

issue_news.png

issue_match.png

issue_cal.png

Edited by DavyDepuydt1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, daherlihy said:

May I ask GavinG, how does one determine that a downloadable skin will work on FMT on a tablet, or what must a skin creator do to make their skin compatible?

If you have a look at 'skin_config.xml', first thing to note is the line:

    <boolean id="fmc_skin" value="true" />

This indicates that it's a skin for Touch.  If that line has a value of false or is not present, then it is a skin for full FM.

Next, there's this line which indicates that it's a tablet skin:

    <boolean id="tablet_skin" value="true" />

Then there's this section which indicates that the skin "builds upon" the default 'fmc tablet' skin.:

    <list id="parent">
        <string value="fmc tablet" />
    </list>

This section may also be represented like this, which is the equivalent:

    <flags id="parent" value="fmc tablet" />

 

So in the case of the ones I've posted, they have 'parent' of 'fmc tablet', then just a couple of files to change colours.  It looks like the default tablet skin is similar to PC skin, but with increased spacing and some buttons added/changed to improve controls on a touch screen.  The stuff I've done probably works ok on tablet because it doesn't deviate too much from that default. 

If you have a PC FM Touch skin you may be able to get it going on a tablet by setting the 'parent' value above to 'fmc tablet' (it would likely just be 'fmc' on PC).  That might work but it will depend on the skin.  If it's fairly small modifications you'll probably be ok, but skins with more heavily customised panels are likely to cause problems.  As I've mentioned, I don't have the tablet version myself so haven't been able to look into this much.

That being said, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of Touch skins around at the moment.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...