[FM20] A Long Time Ago At A Club Far Away - The Return of the Journeyman

wazza

Set Up

I have loaded the following leagues to commence my save and will have the rest of the leagues on View Only so that I can change the direction of my career if I want to further into the save in the future.

Active-Leagues.png

Manager Profile

I have commenced Unemployed and with a Sunday League Reputation with the intention of proving myself in the lower leagues in an attempt to obtain a  higher reputation job as soon as possible.  When looking at the club I will be starting at I will assess all of the clubs I have interviews at and determine which I feel will be the best club to achieve my short term goals. I will then take that job in a hope that it is the right one and I can achieve short term success there to raise my reputation as quick as possible.

Manager-Profile.png

Job Interviews

I have had job interviews at a number of clubs in a few different Nations including Vanerborgs FK, Braintree, Lisburn Distillery, Conwy, IFK Umea, KuPS, Oxford City, Cobh Ramblers, Knockbreda, AFK Linkoping, Tvaakers IF, Gefle IF, BK Olympic, FC Inter, TNS, Atvidabergs FF and Qviding FIF amongst others that I applied for.

Edited by wazza

The Job

After much deliberation I decided to manage the following team after been successful in interview.  

Tvaakers-IF-new-manager.png

This is the only real job that caught my eye from all of the interviews that I went to and is a club with a higher league reputation than all of the rest where I was interviewed.  There is no money to spend and it will be a great challenge to start with.

The Club

Twaakers.png

Background and History

Club-Background.png

Club-History.png

Club-Honours.png

The club has not won much since it was foundation in 1920 and narrowly missed out on promotion last season which probably cost my predecessor his job, especially with where the club is currently positioned in the league this season.  Can I be the manager to take it forward and into the dizzy heights of the best league in Sweden, however there is a lot of work to do before I can think about promotion.  

My Contract

My-Contract.png

Facilities

Facilities.png

Finances

Club-Finances.png

With no money for any movement in the transfer market or for player wages I am going to have to rely on loans to strengthen the squad, and look for players whose teams will let them come to us where we don't pay any fees or wages out and the players just need playing time.  With me not knowing the Swedish Market I will have to rely heavily on my backroom team to recommend players until I become more accustomed to the league and my surroundings. Alternatively I will also look to adopt some tactics to get the best out of the current bunch who are under-performing but who also did well the previous season - so some hope may exist if I can use my man management skills to get the best out of the players.

Squad and Dynamics

Squad.png

Statistically the players are not doing very well - Johansson (MRL) and Adolfsson (SC) lead the current club goal-scoring charts with 4 a piece.  As Adolfsson is my main striker he needs to improve and quickly.  Ericsson is my second best striker however he is out injured for the season and will not return. 

Wimbo (MC) is doing quite well with assists as he has provided 8 this though needs improving.

Wimbo (MC), Johansson (MRL) and V Nilsson (CD) top the club charts with 2 Player of the Matches each 

As 17 games have already passed - these stats need improving and quickly if we are to avoid relegation.

Dynamics-1.png

Dynanmics-2-Hierarchy.png

Inherited Staff

Staff.png

The staff needs improvement in all areas and it is something I will be looking at addressing in my first weeks in charge of the club.  We need an overhaul as much as possible with more coaches fetching in. 

Players Contracts

Last-Year-of-Contract.png

I will assess the players in due course to determine if the contracts are worth renewing.  As there is only 3 players contracts up for renewal in the next 12 months it is obvious that the majority of the players will be here next season unless I can release them, but as they are under contract this will cost the club money which looking at the finances we have not got. I will therefore have to utilise the players and let the contracts run until they expire before I can fetch any permanent players into strengthen the squad.

Current League Standing

League-Standing-Current-on-Takeover.png

League-Past-Positions.png

We need to defend better and improve the goal difference of -12 which is the worst in the league, if I cannot improve this relegation beckons and we will fall out of the league with a wimper. I will have to look at this in training and the tactics I adopt to fetch the best out of the current bunch of players to improve the defensive and attacking aspects of the team by training them and looking at the tactics in detail.  We do not have much quality behind the first team especially in defence and we are short of numbers in attack especially with my second best striker Ericsson being injured for the season. It may be necessary to play a few players out of position in certain areas where they are not accomplished in the role.

Club Vision

Twakers-Tony-Walke-to-change-and-add-it-

Board Expectations

Expectations-Review.png

Aims and Plans

The first aim will be to avoid relegation at all costs and  strengthen the backroom staff.  I will look at fetching some loan players in where there are no fees or wages attached to the deal along with some trial players in.  If I am lucky to employ some scouts I will also send these out to look at players so that next season I have a shortlist to work from.  The current chairman Jorgen Hansson is up for re-election in September which may help with the clubs finances as this may lead to some future investment -however this is unknown.

As well as setting the players the aim of avoiding relegation, I want them to do it in style and reduce the current - 12 goal difference so that we finish the season in positive numbers.  There are 13 games to go to save the club from falling into the relegation zone.  Wish me luck as I may need it!!

Edited by wazza

1 hour ago, Hootieleece said:

Interested. In my save I started at Wexford in Irish First Division.

So your gonna play "old school" British Football or will you evolve tactically?

Ideally I wish to play and attacking / possession based style of football - but I may need the right players to do that so it will take time.  In the meantime I will try and base my tactics playing to the strengths of my squad while also adjusting them to exploit the weaknesses of the opposition.

Good Luck with your Wexford Save too!

Edited by wazza

@wazza: My current save (initial FM20 save) started at Wexford. I did ok, but board lacked ambition. I then moved to Bohemians in IPD after some success there,(League Title) I got the Dundalk job. Went undefeated 2024 and jumped ship to the New England Revolution(fan of club and closest to my home) it is now 2028 in my save. 

This all starting as a Sunday Footballer and my tactics are mix mash of Jurgen Klopp and Mourinho. I gengenpress to a point but build my game around defense and 4-2-3-1 Wide. Also I like Tall (5'10" +) players who are fast, strong, brave, work hard for the team. 

• 3 weeks later...

Season 2019 - 2020

End of Season Review

Twaakers.png

League Table at Management Appointment

League-Standing-Current-on-Takeover.png

End of Season League Table

League-Table.png

Past Positions

Past-Position-Team.png

I managed to achieve one of my aims in the remaining 15games of the season as the team pulled together and finished in a decent position in the table and avoiding relegation. Unfortunately we finished with a -2 goal difference and I wished on my appointment for us to finish in positive numbers, however the improvement in this department shows that if we had a couple more games extra we would have probably achieved this to, it was always a big ask to go from -12 goal difference and into positive numbers.  Overall the turnaround has been fantastic against the odds as we had no money to spend and with limited scouting knowledge of the league.

One of the highlights of the turnaround was when we were losing against the team who was sitting comfortably at the top of the league to win.

Comeback-against-1st-place-Win-of-Season

Season Review

Comp-Expectation-Review.png

End-of-Season-Review.png

Team Awards

Awards.png

Stats.png

Team Stats

League Goalscorers

League-Goals-Chart.png

Assists

League-Assists-Chart.png

Club Records

Goalscoring-Record-Broken-Adolffson.png

Career-goal-record.png

Assists-Records-Broken-Winbo.png

Clean-Sheet-Record-Broken.png

Player-of-Match-Record-Broken.png

Record-High-Score-Game.png

Record-Mo-league-defeats.png

Run-is-new-record.png

When I took over the club the team was not scoring goals (18 goals in 17 games) and it also conceding them (30 goals in 17 games) at an alarming rate which gave a -12 goal difference.  To achieve and break so many records in 15 games shows what a massive turnaround we had under my stewardship.  When I first arrived at the club and looking at the players I realised that I would have to work wonders on the training ground and use my man management skills to get the best out of the squad as there was no money.  My initial thoughts where that I would have to let there contracts run down and then replace them with better players.  I may have to re-think this now.  However there is next season to go with these players as the contracts do not expire for another year before any decisions are finally made, however they have shown me in the 15 games that they do have promise.

Manager Info

Manager-Profile.png

Man-of-Month-Award.png

Manager History

Season    Club            League                Position            Svenska Cupen Cup                        Achievements
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             8th               2nd Rnd                                  Man Month x 1 

Team Playing Style

As manager my playing style that I want the players to adhere to is attacking pass and move football.  This combines short pass plays with attacking football.  The team will focus more on keeping possession than with a standard attacking football approach and will proactively create space by drawing players out of position.  A number of attributes are required for this style and the players will need to fit into it as much as possible.  During my time at the club I intend to fetch players in to suit this style of football and try to improve the players that are already at the club to fit them into the style.  I also want my players to have high attributes in determination, workrate, teamwork and concentration as a core running through the club.

Obviously I realise that I am at a small club with no money and to make these changes will take time, for example  all of the players contracts are not up for renewal until the end of next season.  I will not be allowed by the board to release these as it will cost the club money it has not got.  My only option is to let the contracts run down, while re-newing the ones necessary. The change to my ideal playing style may take time and I may have to perservere with what I have and adjust any tactics to suit

Tactical-Style-1.png

Tactical-Style-2.png

Transfers                                              

Transfers.png

As the was no transfer or wage budget there was little I could do in the transfer market apart from fetch in some youngsters on loan to help boost the squad numbers where the team was light.

Staff In

Staff-Out-Staff-In.png

Board

End of Season Club Vision

End-Season-Club-Vision-Meeting.png

During the season and just after I was appointed the club had some elections for a new chairman, luckily I managed to keep my job through this period and not get distracted by the rumours.

Election-Fever.png

Club-Chairman-Election.png

New-Chairman-message.png

End of Season Finances

End-Season-Finances.png

No-Tax-Bill.png

Initial-Wage-and-Transfer-budget-for-Nex

Next Season

I will generally need to use the squad that I have inherited and fetch in a few players either on the cheap or on loan as previously mentioned I will not be able to go releasing players and will need to wait for the contracts to run out.  It also looks like there will be no money for players again in the transfer market, unless I manage to sell, loan out or release for free some of my current squad.

I will scout players in Sweden as well as fetching them in on trial throughout the season so that I am armed with a very good shortlist for when I need to move into the transfer market.  I will use my man management skills again to fetch the best out of the current players while also trying to off - load players that I do not need.  I intend to make some progress on the pitch and attempt to finish as high up the table as I can

Edited by wazza

• 1 month later...

Season 2020 - 2021

End of Season Review

Twaakers.png

Squad

Squad-View-1.png

Squad-View-2.png

Season Press Expectations

Season-Preview-Expected-5th.png

League-Table.png

Past Positions

Division-1-S-dra-Past-Positions.png

Lunds-BK-v-Tv-kers-IF-Presentation.png

League-Winners.png

The existing inherited squad was added to with loan players and free transfers which helped us achieve an unexpected promotion.  The goals came from all over the team which made us a constant threat throughout the season.

Cup Run

Following the 1st round victory with IK Malmo we were drawn against much sterner opposition in Hammerby IF who played in the Allsvenskan which were the top league in the Swedish league.  We had the home advantage in the second round but our finances were plumeting.

Finances-when-offered-2nd-round-to-play-

The club received an offer from our opponents which was duly accepted as I felt the money that could be earned from this tie would vastly help the club.  The chances of us beating them at home was also slim.

2nd-round-tie-swithced-for-loads-of-mone

2nd-Rpimd-Toe-switched-for-more-money-aw

Even though the team got knocked out they did not do to bad

Cup-game-against-top-side-defeat-2nd-rou

Season Review

Board-Expectations.png

End-of-Season-Review.png

Team Awards

End-of-Season-Awards.png

End-of-Season-Stats.png

Team Stats

League Goalscorers

League-Goalscorer.png

We scored alot of goals this season with them spread around the team which shows in the above chart as not one of the players hit double figures or finished high in the charts as would be expected for a team which has won promotion.  Our strikers performed better last season where they finished in the top five.  This is something that I will look to improve on.

Assists

Top-Assists.png

Club Records

Johnsson-Assists-new-team-record.png

Wimbo-most-POM-awardsrecord.png

ekelunh-clean-sheet-record.png

Consecutuve-wins-record-broken.png

New-Defensive-Record.png

New-High-Points-Total-Team-Record.png

New-Team-Record.png

record-High-Finish.png

Record-low-no-of-defeats.png

Record-No-of-Wins.png

Record-Wins.png

Unbeaten-run-new-record.png

Players-names-in-team-of-the-year.png

u-20-team-of-year.png

Manager Info

Manager-Profile-Large.png

MOM-award.png

Manager-of-Year.png

Coaching-Qualification-competed.png

Coaching-Qualification-completed.png

I was asked by the Swedish Football Authorities to take charge of the Rookies All Star for this season.

Asked-to-manage-Rookie-all-Star-North-Sq

Rookie-All-Star-North-Wins.png

At the end of the season and a few months after I signed a new contract with the club the following job became available which I took  like to as I felt the step up may progress my career quickly. However it wasn't to be as I didn't even make it to the interview stage.

Salford-Job-Unsuccessful.png

Manager History

Season    Club            League                Position            Svenska Cupen Cup      Rookies All Star                  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             8th               2nd Rnd                                  				Man Month x 1
2020/21   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             1st               2nd Rnd                    Won             				Man Year, Man Month x1

Transfers                                              

Transfer-History.png

Staff In

Staff-Transfers.png

Board

Club-Vision-and-Expectations-Next-Season

Contract

New-contract-signed.png

End of Season Finances

End-season-finances.png

2-new-sposoership-deals-Next-Season.png

Club-Membership-income.png

Tax-Bill-Hit.png

Initial-Budgets-Set-for-next-season.png

Scouting-Budget-next-season.png

Next Season

Following promotion alot of players contracts are up for re-newal.  As I stated when I first joined the club the contracts would need to be run down before I can really fetch in some better players as the club cannot afford to release them.  From consulting with my backroom staff I don't believe alot of the players will be good enough to keep us up next season following promotion and have decided to release the majority of them so that I can fetch in my own players based on the scouting that I have done.  This will probably be a blow to them with what they have achieved but I need to be ruthless.   I will also be looking at changing my backroom staff in areas to help the club make the step up to the next division.

Edited by wazza

• 1 month later...

Season 2021 - 2022

End of Season Review

Twaakers.png

Squad

Squad-1.png

Squad-2.png

Season-Press-Expectations.png

Season Struggles

Following promotion the team struggled in the league and we looked to be living upto our press billing of relegation certainties after 10 games. 

Bottom-of-league.png

League-Table-after-10-games.png

As the team and new signings started to gel more and got used to the tactics we managed to start gaining a few results against the odds.

2-Wins-takes-us-out-of-relegation-zone-A

Avoid-Relegation.png

League-Table-when-left-club.png

Past Positions

Past-Positions-Graph.png

Everything came together for the team in the end after a difficult start which left us rooted to the bottom of the league after 10 games.  Our away form was appalling and we really struggled, the tweaks to the tactics I adopted for away games and the squad gelling helped us to gain some momentum in the end and  have some form of success. 

Some will say we overachieved, however I believe in the players I bought and think that they are good enough to consolidate Twaakers in the league for the forseable future. At the end of the season we were a great attacking threat. scoring 64 goals, it was our defence that let us down - keeping this squad together with a few defensive changes and additions who knows we may be able to push for a play off place next season or even promotion.

Result-of-the-season-5-0-against-top-tea

Beating the team top of the league is always nice especially when your status in the game is alot lower than the team you were playing.  But to thump them 5-0 is the result of my career to date.

Cup Run

We have currently qualified for the Group Stage of the cup by beating Vasalunds IF 5-3, the group stage is to be played February 2022 and will form part of next season's Pre-Seasons Friendlies which are scheduled for February 2022 onwards.  During my management this is the furthest the team have been in the cup.

Season Review

End-of-season-review.png

Team Awards

End-of-Season-Awards.png

End-of-Season-Stats.png

Inducted-into-best-11.png

Team Stats

League Goalscorers

Team-Goalscorer.png

Assists

Team-Assists.png

Club Records

Jashari-breaks-Goalscoring-Record.png

Record-high-Finish.png

New-Record-Low.png

Manager Info

Manager-Profile.png

June-Manager-of-Month.png

Coaching-Course-complete.png

Continental-C-licence-achieved.png

Continerntal-B-licence-studying-for.png

As I was doing well and defying the odds after the bad start the following club came in for me an offered me a job interview

Falkenberg-FF-Job-Interview-Recieve.png

However, after being successful at interview I decided to withdraw from the job.  Even though the club in question where larger in status and had a bigger history than Tvaakers after much deliberation I still felt that with a few defensive signings next season Tvaakers could be play-off/promotion contenders.  If I had moved to this club they were in the same division and it would have taken me time to get to know the squad and bring in the players to take them up.  I felt it was better the devil you know!

Withdrew-Interest-from-Falkenberg-job.pn

Manager History

Season    Club            League                Position            Svenska Cupen Cup      Rookies All Star                  Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             8th               2nd Rnd                                  				Man Month x 1
2020/21   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             1st               2nd Rnd                    Won             				Man Year, Man Month x1
2021/22   Tvaakers IF     Superetten              7th 		    Group Stage (to be completed)                                       Man Month x 1

Transfers                                              

Transfers.png

Staff In

Staff-Transfers.png

Board

comp-expectations-review.png

Despite our poor start for a third of the season, I felt quite confident during our run to change the expectations of the board and that I would be able to maintain it for the remaining half of the season

Chnge-season-expectationa-Avoid-Relegati

End-of-Season-Club-Vision-and-Expectatio

It was election time again for a new Chairman of the club, this could fall just at the right time especially if he has some money to invest in the team and is ambitious as I am.  When I discuss the re-newal of my contract at the end of the season hopefully the new Chairman will listen to my ideas to make Tvaakers an even bigger force in this league and for the future of the club.

Reelection-of-chariman-coming-up.png

New-Chairman-following-elections.png

End of Season Finances

End-of-Season-Finances.png

Sponsorship-Deals-announced.png

Club-Membership-Fee-Income.png

Tax-Bill.png

Board-Set-Initial-Budgets.png

New-scouting-budget-announced.png

Contract

My contract is up at the end of the season and currently has a few weeks to run.  So far I am at loggerheads with the new chairman over my deal and have currently turned down there previous contract offer.  I wished to have a 1 year deal so that it will make it easier to be approached by other clubs who maybe interested in me as a 2 year deal may put clubs off.  Being an ambitious manager I would like to have the opportunity to see what offers I am attracting.

Contract-Offer-Rejected-wants-1-year-dea

I also want to talk to the new Chairman and seek some assurances that the club will become a Professional Club rather than maintaining its Semi Professional status as I believe with more training days I will be able to improve the squad more.  Being a Professional club will also help in attracting better players to the club as they will also be able to train full time.   I also wish to create a better youth team to fetch youngsters through the ranks and more training will help on this.  Over the longer term I believe this investment will save money on future transfers .  I firmly believe that this is essential in helping the club grow and to meet my aims of taking it to the top of Swedish football.

Turning-Proffessional-1.png

Turning-Professional-2.png

I have not been approached by any other clubs throughout this season except Falkenberg IF, which I eventually turned down. There are also of jobs out there to apply for one which is I am quite interested in, Im not sure if I have a good enough reputation so it would be a gamble if I applied.  Im in two minds of what to do and will probably end up staying with Tvaakers, despite the board not agreeing with my proposals this could lead to frustations down the line, but if I achieved the impossible with them and take them up as a semi professional club, it would be another success -  however who knows what may happen!!!

Edited by wazza

I decided to apply for the job that took my interest to see what would happen.

Applied-Karlshure-role-20k-crowds-Great-

The fans of the club I applied for seemed to be very happy at my application and I attended a job interview.

Karlsruhe-flattered-by-my-interest.png

Karlsrue-job-interview.png

One of the main attractions for my application for the job is that I believe that they are a 'sleeping giant' ready to be awoken, the crowds that they get are 40 times higher than Tvakkers and are exceptional for a club in the lowest division of German football.

Karlshure-Average-Attendnaces.png

Job-Appointment-Karlsruhe.png

I did not believe that I would land this job, but I guess you had to be in it to win it.  I leave Tvaakers in a healthy state for any incoming manager.  I firmly believe that if my successor leaves the team together and strengthens the defence they could be promotion contenders.  I believe for Tvaakers long term success they will have to go professional, even if the current board are not ready for it.  Maybe one day I will return to my first club to finish the job I started.

The Club

KAarlshurer-Badge.png

Background and History

Club-Background.png

League-History.png

Competition-Honours.png

The club has a strong history and has played in all of the leagues in Germany, as a sleeping giant it is my aim to take them back to the top.

Relegation.png

The club was relegated last season and it is obvious that the board wanted a promotion campaign to get them back up this season, which has not happened under my predecessor.  The club in the last 5 seasons appear to be a yo yo club - it will be my job to make sure that once we get promoted we stay back up and consolidate in the 2 Bundesliga.

My Contract

My-Contract.png

Facilities

Facilities.png

Finances

Finances.png

Wow!!!  was my first expression when I saw the healthy state of the club finances with £10million in the bank for a 3rd Division team and with great crowds, how is this club not higher up in the divisions.

Squad and Dynamics

Squad-1.png

Squad-2.png

Looking at the attributes for the players they are underperfoming as they match the teams in the Division.  We have a great First Team squad, however the quality of our back up / fringe players needs to be improved.  There is an indication of a fairly good Youth Team starting to develop.  The club has Great Youth Facilities and Great Training Facilities, we will be able to develop a great Youth Team at the club and try to fetch some players through the ranks given time.

Dynamics.png

Squad-Hierarchy.png

Inherited Staff

Inherited-Staff-Including-Jonathan-Ceder

Players Contracts

Player-Contracts-1.png

Player-Contracts-2.png

I will assess the players in due course to determine if the contracts are worth renewing. From an initial general appraisal of the squad it needs to be developed with quality players for the back up places.

Current League Standing

League-Standing-on-appointment.png

League-Past-Positions-on-appointment.png

Defensively the team is doing well and has one of the best defensive records in the division.  It is with scoring goals that the problem persists.  I had a similar issue when I arrived at Tvaakers in my first season in that we had a -12 goal difference and could not score.  I manged to turn us into an attacking force there and took us up in my first full season in charge.  I will aim to do the same feat again.  This time though the pressure will be on as the board, fans and media expect it.

Club Vision

Karlrush-Club-Vision-Tony-Walker-to-chan

Board Expectations

Board-Expectations.png

Media Expectations

Season-Preview.png

Aims and Plans

The first aim will be attempt  to raise morale in the club as I believe these players can do alot better than what they have been.  I have alot less reputation than the players so this may be difficult to start with.  I  will scout and look for better players to fetch into the team who can challenge the first team players and push them for a starting line up.  I think the first team players have become complacent and need a rocket to get them going.  I have made strives to improve my coaching staff and scouting teams . To match the clubs vision and culture I will need to develop the yougsters at the club, I aim to look for some youth coaches and have already appointed a Head of Youth Development to make sure I am adhering to this.  I will also look at developing the Youth set up to make it even better than what it already is so that we can use the great youth and training facilities, which will be a long term advantage to the club.

Edited by wazza

• 2 months later...

Season 2021 - 2022

End of Season Review

KAarlshurer-Badge.png

Squad

Squad.png

Squad-2.png

Press-Season-Expectaions.png

League-Table.png

Past Positions

Past-Positions.png

Karlsruhe-v-Cottbus-Presentation-7.png

Champions.png

The existing inherited first eleven was a really good one with some exceptional players.  Keeping these injury free as much as possible lead to an unexpected promotion

Cup Run

The team was knocked out in the First round, while the previous manager was in charge so there was no cup run during my tenure.

Season Review

Board-Expectations.png

End-of-Season-Review.png

Team Awards

End-of-Season-Awards.png

End-of-Season-stats.png

Team Stats

League Goalscorers

League-Goalscorers.png

Assists

League-Assists.png

Club Records

Clean-Sheet-record.png

Defensive-record-broken.png

Games-without-defeat-record-broken.png

Record-Team-and-League-without-defeat.pn

Most-Player-match-awards-record.png

Players-inducted-into-best11.png

Players-selected-in-3-Futball-Liga-Elf-d

Ayagwa-Claims-Spilder-des-Jahares-award-

Hoffman-runner-up-in-Torschnkoing-award.

Manager Info

Manager-Profile.png

Continental-B-completed.png

Start-studying-Continental-A-licence.png

Manager History

2021/22   Tvaakers IF     Superetten              7th 		    Group Stage (to be completed)                               Man Month x 1

Season    Club            League                Position             Cup                                                     Achievements
2021/22   Karlsruhe SC     3 Liga                 1st               n/a                                  			     	

Transfers                                              

Transfers.png

Staff In

Staff-in-1.png

Staff-in-2.png

Board

End-Season-Club-Vision.png

Afflialted-link-to-send-players-on-loan-

Wolfburg-affilate.png

The above affiliate with VfL Wolfsburg that I set up during my tenure will be a great one for the club as the team plays in the Bundesliga and it will give me the opportunity to hopefully fetch in some great back up players or youngsters

Affilated-club-link-renegotiated.png

Training-Facilities-downgraded.png

Plans-to-upgraded-training-facilities.pn

End of Season Finances

End-Season-finances.png

End-Season-commercial-activity.png

Avoid-Tax-bill.png

Club-membership-fees.png

Topping-Sponsorship-Table-Div-3.png

Next Season

Looking at the team the majority of the First team are very good players and could maybe hold there own in the next division It is worth giving them a chance. Some of the back up reserve players where not so good.  I will be looking at releasing / selling / sending to the affiliate club where possible and building a good second team to push the first team players on.

Edited by wazza

• 3 months later...

Season 2022 - 2023

End of Season Review

KAarlshurer-Badge.png

Squad

Squad.png

League-Table.png

Past Positions

Past-Positions.png

Karlsruhe-v-Darmstadt-98-Presentation-3.

Title-winners.png

The team managed to obtain back to back promotions against the odds of 39-1 set by the bookies at the beginning of the season where they also had them finishing 13th in the league.  Some lucky punters who bet on us have raked in some money!!  The fans where also delighted and partied on the streets until the early hours !

Fans-delighted-at-title-win.png

Cup Run

The form of the team led to a very good cup run throughout this campaign,

Great-win-in-3rd-round-of-cup-against-Bu

A great an unexpected win against a team who played in the Bundgesliga but had a very poor away record

Semi-final-penalities-defeat-both-strike

Overall the team did very well in the cup, it was disappointing that it was my two strikers who missed the penalties in the shoot-out!

Season Review

Expectations-chnaged-to-reach-play-offs-

In January the team where 10 points clear at the top of the league, so I gambled and said that we can make the play-offs so that I could receive some more transfer and wage funds for strengthening the squad for if we did manage to gain promotion

End-Season-Review.png

End-of-Season-22-23-Review.png

Team Awards

End-of-Season-Awards.png

End-of-Season-Player-Stats.png

Team Stats

League Goalscorers

Team-goalscorers.png

Assists

Nobody from the team entered the top 5 league assist charts.  With the amount of goals that was scored throughout the season it was good to know that the goals where coming from all over the pitch and not through one player.  Dadasov was positioned in 11th place in this league with 8 assists.

Club Records

Record-Points-for-league-win.png

Record-Gate-Receipts-Record.png

New-gates-record.png

It would be expected that a good cup run would lead to more money in the bank, while also raising the stature and profile of the club

End-of-Season-Team-of-the-Season.png

Manager Info

Tony-Walker-Profile.png

Continental-A-coaching-Qual-completed.pn

Continental-Pro-Licence-commenced.png

Manager History

Season    Club            League                Position            Svenska Cupen Cup               Rookies All Star                             Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             8th               2nd Rnd                                  				        Man Month x 1
2020/21   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             1st               2nd Rnd                          Won           			      	Man Year, Man Month x1
2021/22   Tvaakers IF     Superetten              7th 		    Group Stage (to be completed)                                               Man Month x 1

Season    Club            League                Position            DFB-Pokal                                                                   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23   Karlsruhe SC     2. Bundseliga          1st               Semi Final

Style of Play Statistics

The clubs main tactical style is to play Pass and Move Football. combining short plays with Positive / Attacking football.

The team should therefore have a good average possession rating in the league along with a high pass completion ratio. 

The team has done well in its Average Possession ratings throughout the season, however strides could be made in training to improve this rating next season and try to have a Average Possession rating closer to 60%

The team has done very well in its Pass completion ratio this season finishing in 4th place, 5% below the team at the top. Again though this should be improved on.

Average-Posession.png

Pass-Completion-Ratio.png

The team has  scored alot of goals this season and has a good chance conversion rating compared to the rest of the league.  However again this could be higher especially next season in the Bundesliga where chances may be harder to come by with sterner defences.

Chance-Conversion.png

Defensive Statistics

The defence has done extremely well during the season on the Defensive side of the game this season. 

Clean-Sheets.png

Transfers                                              

Transfer-History-Players.png

Staff In

Staff-In-and-Out.png

Board

End-of-Season-Club-Vision-meeitng.png

Jansen-wins-Karlsruhe-elections.png

I am please that Jansen has won the election as we have a good working relationship during  the two back to back promotions since I joined the club and been re-elected can only help with the continuity of this work.

No-plans-for-investment-following-electi

Season-Start-New-Scouting-Budget.png

The scouting budget has been set for next season.  I will need to strengthen the squad if it is to remain in the Bundesliga and will hopefully looking at fetching any new players in early so that they have time to gel and get to know the other players as quickly as possible as I will need every bit of help I can to keep the club up next season.

Thun-affiliate-link-cut-by-new-board.png

End of Season Finances

fiances.png

Commercial-summary.png

Tazx-bill-from-previous-season.png

Bundesliga-Initial-Budgets-Set.png

Club-membership-figues-announced.png

Next season will be really tough and I am not currently sure if the budget the board has given me will be enough.  My main concern is will I be able to attract established Bundseliga players to the club or not with us only just been promoted.  I will attempt to, but may have to rely on the team spirit of the existing squad to grind out results.

Next Season

I have told the players to go and enjoy there success as next season I believe that the club will be in a relegation battle and that I will be looking at strengthening the team where I can to help us achieve this and to keep us up.  The team was overall happy with what I proposed.  I will also look at the backroom team and look at where I can possibly improve it especially with fetching in new staff with positive personalities.

End-of-Season-Team-Meeting-will-probably

Edited by wazza

• wazza changed the title to [FM20] A Long Time Ago At A Club Far Away - The Return of the Journeyman
  • 5 months later...

Season 2023 - 2024

Part Season Review

KAarlshurer-Badge.png

Squad

Squad.png

Media-Season-Preview.png

Club Expectations

Competition-Expectation-Review.png

Three quarters of the way through the season and with the Karlsruhe performing extremely well in the league after their promotion FC Bayern sack their manager.  One of the biggest clubs in the world who are not doing well and are 11th place in the league.  The temptation to apply and to see what happens is so strong as I have never managed a top club ever in all my time playing FM.  Has my reputation grown or will I be a laughing stock to the rest of the football world - its a gamble I must take.

League Table when applied for FC Bayern

Karlruhe-position-when-applied-for-Bayer

Bayern-Post-job-applied.png

Applying would upset the board and fans as I have just signed a 2 year new contract extension with the club, but opportunities do not come up like this everyday

New-3-year-contract-signed.png

Some people like me and believe in my reputation of what I have done to date in may career - or is it just the press talking as nothing formal has happened to date.

Fans-consider-walker-leading-candidate.p

Until got approached for an interview - could this really be happening.

FC-Bayern-offer-interview.png

Then after a bit of time went by I only went and did it!

FC-hire-me-as-manager.png

Part League Table when left to take FC Bayern post

Karlrushe-when-left.png

When I left the club I have done enough to meet the expectations of avoiding relegation as I targeted 35 points at the beginning of the season to keep us up as no club previously has been relegated on that number of points previously.  30 points or less had previous teams relegated except 1 season where 33 points was not enough,  I leave Karlsruhe on 39 points which is more than adequate judging by previous seasons.  The team dropped a few positions since I applied for the FC Bayern job, this could have been to do with the speculation of my leaving or possibly it would have happened anyway.

Past Positions

Karlrushe-Past-Positions.png

Cup Run

The form of the team led to a very good cup run throughout this campaign

Qtr-final-defeat-no-shame.png

Season Review

Expectation-changed-relegation-playoffs.

In January the team where doing well so I changed the expectations, however I have even surpassed these when I left the club

Team Stats upon leaving to join FC Bayern

Club Records

Record-for-Goals-in-a-game.png

Record-High-Spending.png

Record-Transfer.png

Manager Info

Coaching-Course-complete-Continental-Pro

Manager History

Season    Club            League                Position            Svenska Cupen Cup               Rookies All Star                             Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2019/20   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             8th               2nd Rnd                                  				        Man Month x 1
2020/21   Tvaakers IF     Div 1 Sodra             1st               2nd Rnd                          Won           			      	Man Year, Man Month x1
2021/22   Tvaakers IF     Superetten              7th 		    Group Stage (to be completed)                                               Man Month x 1

Season    Club            League                Position            DFB-Pokal                                                                   Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24   Karlsruhe SC     Bundseliga             9th               Qtr Final (All at 3/4 through season)                                       Left to join FC Bayern

Style of Play Statistics

The clubs main tactical style is to play Pass and Move Football. combining short plays with Positive / Attacking football.

The team should therefore have a good average possession rating in the league along with a high pass completion ratio. 

The team has not done well in the playing style compared with other teams in the league - the step up in quality of the players in the Bundseliga is massive as some of the opponents are worth tens of millions of pounds.  The players cannot seem to compete.  This would need to be improved upon by any new incoming manager

Average-Possession.png

The conversion rate is also poor - again this will be down to the gulf in class between a recently promoted team trying to compete in one of the best leagues in the world.

Conversion-Rate.png

Defensive Statistics

The defence has done extremely well during the season on the Defensive side of the game this season, which is why the team and club has done so well.  This needed to happen to make sure the Karlsruhe avoided relegation at all costs,  Then further improvements could be made season by season as the club gained more revenue by playing in the Bundseliga

Clean-Sheets.png

Transfers                                              

Transfer-History.png

The club did not have alot of money compared with the other teams in the Bundseliga but spent more than ever in its history in an attempt to stay up.  Loan signings where a must to help strengthen the squad.

Staff In

Staff-In-1.png

Staff-In-2.png

Board

Due to promotion the board allowed new scouting to take place

Season-Scouting-Budget.png

Scouting-Range-upgarded.png

Finances when left to join FC Bayern

Finances.png

The club has retained good financial control and is making money, once the season is over the prize money will also help the club to progress in the Bundseliga.  The prize money if the team stays in 9th place would be £48.32 million pounds. This will add to the clubs finances and hopefully the chairman will back the new manager with this money and invest in some players to help to club be established in the top league. 

I will keep my eye on my old club and possibly may return one day in the future.  I wish the new manager good luck and hope that he can continue with what I started with the club.

Edited by wazza

Season 2023 - 2024

Part Season Review

FC-hire-me-as-manager.png

The Club

FC-Bayern-badge.jpg

Background and History

Background-and-History.png

League-History.png

Honours.png

The club is one of the best, but this season has not performed and is currently doing not so well in the league.  Last season the club finished 4th and this season prior to me been appointed they are currently 11th.  Previously to this period  the club won the league the majority of the time and where a dominant force.  It will be my job to stop the slide as quickly as possible.

My Contract

My-contract.png

Facilities

Facilities.png

Finances

Finances.png

There is plenty of money to spend, however I will need to attract the best players to achieve the objectives, so hopefully they will want to come.

Squad and Dynamics

Squad.png

The first team squad appears to be strong, there does not appear to be the depth of players in the team good enough for competition of places,  the club also competes in Europe so I will need to address this or to make sure that the youngsters I put in the team are up to scratch.  The clubs boast a good youth team so hopefully some youngsters will start to come through.

Teram-Cohesion-Dynamic.png

Hierarchy-Dynamics.png

Inherited Staff

Staff-1.png

Staff-2.png

Players Contracts

Contracts-Last-Year.png

The club does not have any First Team player contracts which are expiring this season.  Nuer is retiring at the end of the season and Hector has agreed a transfer under the previous manager to a new club, I will look at the two youngsters contracts who are expiring and decide whether or not to re-new them.

Current League Standing

Current-League-Standing.png

Past-Positions.png

The team need to improve its away record, which appears to be where the trouble lie.  I will try to rectify this in my first few games and try and become more solid.

Club Vision

Club-Vision-1.png

Club-Vision-2.png

Board Expectations

Board-Expectations.png

Aims and Plans

The first aim will be reach the final of the UEFA Europa League while assessing the squad to meet my board expectations.  This will prove to them that they have the right man for the job.  With Bayern been a major club and us having money to spend I would like to fetch in a marquee signing, this though would depend upon who is available and wants to come to the club.  I will also need to assess the reserve and U19 squad to see if any players will be up to scratch to bring into the First Team.  I then will look at re-building the back up players of the team to provide more competition for places.  

I will need to bring instant success to Bayern if I am to keep my job, which I have not had to deal with in any of my previous FM saves, this has brought me a new challenge.

Edited by wazza

• 2 months later...

Season 2023 - 2024

Part Season Review

FC-Bayern-badge.jpg

Squad

Squad.png

Board Expectations

Board-Expectations.png

League-table.png

When I took over the club they had already played 24 matches and sat 11th in the league table on 33 points.  I managed to motivate the team and gained 28 points in 10 games and leaving FC Bayern finishing 4th in the league.  This looks promising for next season and gives the club a good platform to build from. The league position also helped me enter another competition next season of which the board will be happy about, especially with them knowing where the club was when I took over.

The previous manager had the club playing a rigid 442 formation, I decided to change tactics after analysing the squad and it seemed to pay off in the remaining games.

Tacticla-Change.png

qualify-for-europa-league.png

Past Positions

Cup Run

I took over the club on 9th March 2024 and the club had already been knocked out of the DFB-Pokal cup in the 2nd round losing 2-1 to Schalle 04 prior to this.  The club had also qualified from the Group stages in the Europa League upon my appointment and the board had made it abundantly clear what they wished from me as can be seen in the expectations above.  When I took charge I needed to show the board and the fans that I was the correct person for the job and my first aim was to make sure that the club reached the final.  

FC-Bayern-v-Everton-Presentation-2.png

Win-Europa-League.png

Fans-are-Happy-with-Euro-win.png

Champions-League-Qualification.png

To qualify for the Champions League in the 2 months I have been at the club is quite an achievement and I have won my first trophy for the club on a European stage.  This will greatly enhance my management credentials and the board and fans will hopefully see they have got the right man for the job as I have exceeded the expectation put on me at my appointment. I will need to think hard about which players I bring into the club next season so that the team can have a good go at competing in the Champions League.  I originally wanted one marquee signing I may need to fetch in 2 or 3 big name players now.

Season Review

Bunseliga-Goal-Reviwe.png

Great to see my previous club Karlsruher SC named as the Biggest Overachievers in the press, which shows the great work I did with them in keeping them up and well away from the relegation zone prior to my appointment at Bayern.  I will keep an eye on them and hopefully there new manager will pick up what I started with them and establish them in the League as I intended to do before an opportunity I could not turn down came along.  I will also look at  scouting Werner to see if I fancy fetching him to the club with him been the top goal scorer in the league last season.  This will surely help the club achieve more.

Season-Review.png

Team Awards

Season-Awards.png

Season-Stars-Awards.png

Team Stats

League Goalscorers

Goalscorer-Stats.png

Assists

Assist-Stats.png

Team-of-Season.png

Club Information

Bayern-Top-sponsorship-table.png

Bayerns-Stature-remains-intact.png

Bundseliga-Profit-and-Loss.png

Wage-to-turnover-ratio.png

European-Club-Rankings.png

Manager Info

Manager-Profile.png

Player and Team Awards

Award-For-Junior-wk-28-Spieler-de-Tages.

Euopa-League-Squad-of-Season.png

Europa-League-Player-Season.png

Manager History

Season    Club            League                Position            DFB-Pokal                             Europa Lge          Champions Lge   Achievements
2023/24   Karlsruhe SC     Bundseliga             9th               Qtr Final (All at 3/4 through season)                                       Left to join FC Bayern

2023/24   FC Bayern        Bundseliga             4th (11th start)  n/a (previous manager)                    Won	 	  n/a

Style of Play Statistics

The team has not done well in keeping hold of the ball 49 %.  I have only been at the club a short period of time and the previous managers style will also be incorporated into these stats.  I expect to see better next season.

The team has  not done well in its Pass completion ratio this season finishing in 11th place, as above this needs to be better.

Average Possession

Average-Posession-Stats.png

Pass Completion Ratio

Pass-completion-Ratio.png

Conversion-Rate.png

The team has  topped the league table in its conversion stats and has scored alot of goals.  This figure of 14% is still quite low and I believe it can be improved on more.  The team does not appear to have had any issues scoring goals this season.  

Defensive Statistics

Clean-Sheets.png  

The team has  needs to improve on its defensive side of the game and this is one of the main reasons in my opinion that it did not challenge for the title and is something I will need to address if the club is to go on and win the league as expected next season

Make the Most of Set Pieces

The board wish me to make the most of set pieces in its Club vision and the team is well on its way to doing that this season by topping the goals scored by corners and  finishing 2nd in the Indirect Free Kick tables.  The team needs to improve on its Direct Free Kick taking, which can be worked on eventually in training and hopefully this will be improved next season.

Corner-Goals.png

Direct Free Kick

DFK-Goals.png

IFK-Goals.png

Transfers                                              

The transfer window had closed so I could only work with the inherited players to achieve my goals.  I have though scouted new players to bring in for next season to strengthen the squad so that the club can attempt to compete in all competitions.

Staff In

Staff-1.png

Staff-2.png

Board

Club-Vision-Meeting-1.png

Club-Vision-Meeting-2.png

Board-Set-Initial-Budgets.png

End of Season Finances

End-Season-Finances.png

Commercial-Summary.png

Tax-Bill.png

Next Season

Next season I believe I will be backed by the board to fetch in new players to start a new chapter in FC Bayerns History as there is money available to spend. I have shown the board and the fans what I can do in a couple of months by winning the Europa League and qualifying for the Champions League.  I know the board will want the title especially after not winning it this  season.  I have already scouting players that I wish to fetch in and there are a couple of marquee signings that I would like.

Nuer-to-retire.png

With my number 1 goalkeeper retiring it will be my priority to bring in another top goalkeeper to replace him.  

I will need to fetch in any new players quickly as there has been a number of rumours circulating in the press and I will not want to be hit with a transfer embargo while it any rumoured takeover goes through.  That is if any new owner wants to keep me!!

Bayern-Takeover-rumours.png

Internal-Takeover-dismissed.png

I have told the players to go and enjoy there break as next season I aim to be winning the title as this is what the board will expect.

End-Season-Team-Meeting-Told-aiming-to-w  

Edited by wazza

• 5 months later...

Season 2024 - 2025

Part Season Review

FC-Bayern-badge.jpg

Squad

Squad.png

Season-Press-Expectatiosw.png

Board Expectations

Competition-Expectation-Review.png

League-Table.png

The club had not won the league title in the last 2 seasons (finishing 4th both times) after winning it 10 times on the trot previous to that.  With the ovehaul of the squad that I carried out at the season's commencement there was a worry that the squad may take some time to gel amongst the supporters, however this was not the case as the team was unbeaten throughout the season and gives me a fantastic platform for the future.  During the pre-season alot of money was spent on transfers coming in and some pundits believe that the club have bought the league title.

Buying-the-league-Bundsliga-transfer-spe

LEAGUE-Mainz-05-v-FC-Bayern-Presentation

League-Winners.png

Champs-League-Qualificatio.png

Praise-for-unbeaten-season.png

Past Positions

Cups

Super Cup

Super-Cup-Defeat-against-Champions-Leagu

DFB - Pokal Trophy

DFB-Pokal-Cup-win.png

FC-Bayern-v-Vf-L-Bochum-Presentation-3.p

Do-the-Double-Cup-and-league.png

Champions League

Champions-League-Tough-Group-Stage.png

Champions-League-eliminatiin-Qtr-Final-d

The team failed to meet the board expectations of reaching the semi final in the Champions League.  We will need to vastly improve in this competition as the board wish me to win the competition by the 25/26 season and we fell well short not making the semi finals. even though the defeat was by the mighty Barcelona.  I will need to look at how to improve the team in the close season so that the club can come a force in this competition.

Season Review

Goals-Bundesliga-review.png

Season-24-25-review.png

Season-Review-Invicible-season-not-lost-

Famous last words on Karlruhe, my former club where I backed the manager who  took over from me to carry on where I left off as they were noted as the biggest overachievers last season.    They have now been relegated - sad day for the club I was hoping that my leaving would not disrupt them.

Team Awards

Season-Awards.png

Season-Stats.png

Team Stats

League Goalscorers

Goalscorers.png

Assists

Assists.png

Team-of-the-Season.png

Club Information

Top-Budsliga-Sponsorship-table.png

Club-has-small-reputation-boost.png

Commercail-income-in-Bundesliga.png

Takeover-rumours-persis.png

U-19s-celebrate-double.png

Manager Info

Manager-Stats-WAZZA.png

Player and Team Awards

Spoer-der-Seaison-awardx.png

Bayern-Bes-overall-11.png

Manager History

Season    Club            League                Position            DFB-Pokal           Super Cup                Europa Lge        Champions Lge   Achievements

2023/24   FC Bayern        Bundseliga             4th (11th start)  n/a (previous manager)                           Won	       n/a
2024/25   FC Bayern        Bundseliga             1st               Won                  Lost                        n/a               Qtr                                              

Style of Play Statistics

The team has not done well in keeping hold of the ball 49 %.  This is the same as last season and no progress has been made, the team though is new and will need time to gel. I expect to see better next season.

The team has  moved up from 11th place last season to 5th place in its pass completion stats for the league.  

Average Possession

Average-Posession.png

Pass Completion Ratio

Conversion Rate

Conversion-Ratio.png

The team has  topped the league table in its conversion stats and has scored alot of goals.  This figure of  13% shows that the team did worse than last seasons 14%.  The team scores goals throughout it and does not rely on 1 or 2 players,  The stats show that team scores alot of goals and even though this is good for the league we are in, it will need to be improved upon if the club is to win the Champions League.

Defensive Statistics

Defensive-Stats.png

Make the Most of Set Pieces

The board wish me to make the most of set pieces in its Club vision and the team is well on its way to doing that this season by topping the goals scored by corners and  finishing 2nd in the Indirect Free Kick tables.  There was no improvement in the Direct Free Kick department to last season. 

Corners

Goals-from-corners.png

Direct Free Kick

Direct-Free-Kick.png

Indirect Free Kick

Indirect-Free-Kick.png 

Transfers                                              

Transfers.png

Biggest-Spenders-in-1st-Transfer-Window.

Staff In / Out

Staff-In-and-Out.png

Board

Club-Vision-accepted.png

Club-vision-accepted-1.png

NEW-scouting-budget.png

Initial-Budgets.png

End of Season Finances

End-of-Season-Finances.png

Commercial-Summary.png

Records

Team-and-Bundliga-record-number-of-leagu

Team-and-Bundliga-record-number-of-wins-

Record-no-league-defeats-in-a-season-in-

Record-Spending-High.png

Record-Transder-Fee-gernan-player.png

Record-Transfer-fee-for-Argentianian-pla

Record-Transfer-Fee-for-Croation-player.

Record-Transfer-fee-received-player-want

Record-Transfer-fee.png

Next Season

The team needs to build upon its record breaking first season under my stewardship.  Players who have played in the big champions league teams will be scouted and targeted, so that I can progress in the Champions league if the clubs real ambitions are to be met in the 5 year plan.  I will also look at trying to offload some of the older players who are pushing 30 and over.

I have told the players that at a minimum that I expect the League title again.

End-of-season-team-meeting-win-league-ag  

Edited by wazza