*OFFICIAL* CMS Challenge #1 -2004: The Lisbon Lions Challenge by Bobbev

Peacemaker7

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lisbon Lions Challenge Log

Current Participants

When We Were Lions - Faramir makes a brave attempt at the challenge with Motherwell.

The Scots Are Revolting - mavericktango brings you a political slant in his attempt with Hearts.

The Lisbon Lions Challenge - Andy Cullen is having a try with the Lions themselves, Celtic.

We'll Just Play The Scottish Way - Terk is giving it a go with Hearts.

It's Not Caley, It's Caledonian - Gricehead indulges in some time travel with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The Parkhead Panthers - my own modest attempt using Celtic.

One Team, One Nationality - Educated Hick has selected Celtic for his attempt.

1983 All Over Again - Martin Buchan trying to bring back the glory days at Aberdeen.

Hibs...Why Hibs - Dan_Chisum is having a go with Hibs.

More Old Firm Pish - HD takes over at his beloved Ayr United.

The Barcelona Bears - Peacemaker7 is trying with Rangers this time.

Celtic, A New Tale - Dutchy has joined the Celtic bandwagon.

This Is Not The Greatest Title - Brian of Nazareth has made a start but I can't figure out which team he is using yet.

Third By Name, Third By Nature - Daz the Imp starts at the bottom with Third Lanark.

Update of Current Participants

When We Were Lions - Faramir has won the SPL with his young Motherwell squad and is looking good.

The Scots Are Revolting - mavericktango and his SNP Hearts are 100% Scottish and are looking good for a place in Europe next season.

The Lisbon Lions Challenge - Andy Cullen hasn't posted for a while but his "mixed" Celtic team were top of the SPL.

It's Not Caley, It's Caledonian - Gricehead and his time-travelling ICT are struggling a little in the league but doing well in Europe.

The Parkhead Panthers - BobBev has an all-Scots Celtic at the top of the table but the European dream is over for this season.

One Team, One Nationality - Educated Hick is now at the start of his 5th season with Celtic and his 100% pure squad are poised for great things.

1983 All Over Again - Martin Buchan is all-Scots at Aberdeen but has been a bit quiet recently.

Hibs...Why Hibs - Dan_Chisum is in the early stages of his campaign with Hibs.

More Old Firm Pish - HD has seen Ayr United promoted and doing well in the SPL.

The Barcelona Bears - Peacemaker7 has come close to European Glory with Rangers although there were a few foreigners involved.

Celtic, A New Tale - Dutchy has Celtic at the top of the tabel in the early part of the season but is far from being "pure-bred".

This Is Not The Greatest Title - Brian of Nazareth tells me he's using Fort William but has yet to post any action.

Third By Name, Third By Nature - Daz the Imp is still working on getting Third Lanark out of the Third Division.

Moving Over to the Dark Side - Jambo_4eva shocks the CMS world by taking over at Hibs...does he have an ulterior motive we wonder?

We have had our first casualty as Terk suffers from a pesky PC crash and gives up in frustration.

Apologies if I have got anything wrong in the quick summaries of the state of play - please post any corrections here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobBev:

_Lisbon Lions Challenge Log_

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?q=Y&s=21019056&a=tpc&f=97319217&m=196109071&r=493103171#493103171 - _Martin Buchan_ is all-Scots at _Aberdeen_ but has been a bit quiet recently.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Updated the story, I am far on but haven't been updatin it but I am now starting. What do you's think of my progress?

Hi icon_smile.gif i've been readin a few of the stories that people have posted bout this challenge and have decided to give it a go myself, maybe even have a go at writing a story bout it. Anyway was just wonderin whether u all think i shud do it with cm4 ep5, or cm 01/02? (no cm 03/04 yet icon_frown.gif )

Hi Bob

been playing it with out writing just to see if i could but being i managed to sell of all of Celtic's foreigners and assemble a damn good bunch of kids to takeover i'll be writing it up later tonight or tomorrow with a first season review and then into the second season with a fully scottish team.

only drawback is Rangers won the league so i get the UEFA Cup this year

When We Were Lions - Faramir is now into his first CL campaign with his young Motherwell squad.

The Scots Are Revolting - mavericktango and his SNP Hearts are now into their first UEFA Cup campaign.

The Lisbon Lions Challenge - Andy Cullen hasn't posted for a while but his "mixed" Celtic team were top of the SPL - are you still there Andy?

It's Not Caley, It's Caledonian - Gricehead hasn't told us much about and his time-travelling ICT recently.

The Parkhead Panthers - BobBev has seen his Celtic start to struggle a little recently - can they hang on for the title?.

One Team, One Nationality - Educated Hick has decided to resign from his position at Celtic - nice story EH and a good effort on the playing front.

1983 All Over Again - Martin Buchan sees his Aberdeen side set the early pace in the SPL.

Hibs...Why Hibs - Dan_Chisum is getting into the swing of things at Hibs.

More Old Firm Pish - HD has now deserted Ayr United and is at the helm of a brand new team, Kirkwall Town - it's cold up in the Orkneys you know.

The Barcelona Bears - Peacemaker7 has been a busy boy. Having achieved European glory he has quit Rangers after leading them to a clean sweep, taken over at St. Mirren(Although he's now quit that job after 10 months in charge icon_wink.gif and just to keep him occupied, he also manages Scotland.

Celtic, A New Tale - Dutchy has Celtic at the top of the tabel in the early part of the season but is far from being "pure-bred".

This Is Not The Greatest Title - Brian of Nazareth tells me he's using Fort William but has yet to post any action.

Third By Name, Third By Nature - Daz the Imp has his Third Lanark side pushing for promotion out of the Third Division.

Moving Over to the Dark Side - Jambo_4eva has succeeded in relegating Hibs...I knew thet he had a dastardly plan!

You Have Entered The Matrix - we are still waiting for Iain L to reveal who hw is playing with.

West Lothian Lions - Wag has taken Livvy to a runner-up spot and a place in Europe.**

Bringing Up Baby - Not content with setting the pace in the main challenge, Peacemaker7 has started a parallel quest.

Bleeding in Tartan - displaced_seagull is our latest challenger as he takes over at Stenhousemuir.

The Easy Route - Terk is back having another go and this time he is going with both halves of th Old Firm.

Apologies if I have any of the updates wrong - feel free to post corrections here.

[This message was edited by Peacemaker7 on 26 January 2004 at 10:17.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Wag:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BobBev:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=21019056&f=97319217&m=699103781&r=140105781#140105781 - _Wag_ has taken _Livvy_ to a runner-up spot and a place in Europe.**

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

what do the two little *'s mean? icon_confused.gif

Cheers for adding me to the log icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just an error on my part when I copied into the post. I had annotated my notes to track which stories I had updated the commentary for and I forgot to remove the annotation from your entry before I posted it.

When We Were Lions - Faramir made a great start by wining the SPL in his first season with his young Motherwell squad.

The Scots Are Revolting - mavericktango and his SNP Hearts were cruelly eliminated from the UEFA Cup on penalties.

The Lisbon Lions Challenge - Still no news from Andy Cullen about his Celtic team.

It's Not Caley, It's Caledonian - Gricehead hasn't told us much about and his time-travelling ICT recently.

The Parkhead Panthers - BobBev has finished his first season at Celtic with a second place finish in the SPL - will there be glory next season?.

1983 All Over Again - Martin Buchan sees his Aberdeen side set the early pace in the SPL.

Hibs...Why Hibs - Dan_Chisum is getting into the swing of things at [b[Hibs[/b].

More Old Firm Pish - with two successive promotions HD has gotten Kirkwall Town into Division One. However, there is some friction between Manager and Chairman just to keep things interesting.

The Barcelona Bears - Our first Challenge Winner is Peacemaker7 as he takes Scotland into the World Cup knockout stages having already triumphed in Europe with Rangers.

Celtic, A New Tale - we haven't had an update from [d]Dutchy[/d] about his expoits at Celtic for some time now.

Third By Name, Third By Nature - Daz the Imp has his Third Lanark side pushing for promotion out of the Third Division.

Moving Over to the Dark Side - after getting Hibs relegated Jambo_4eva has done the decent thing and got them promoted back into the SPL.

You Have Entered The Matrix - an intruiging start from Iain L has us all eagerly waiting for more.

West Lothian Lions - Wag has taken Livvy to the top of the SPL and to the second group phase of the CL.

Bringing Up Baby - Not content with winning the challenge once, Peacemaker7 is getting set to do it all over again, again.

Bleeding in Tartan - displaced_seagull is taking a short break from his challenge effort with Stenhousemuir.

The Easy Route - Terk is back having another go and is currently making good progress with Celtic.

A Team For A Nation - Educated Hick is having another go after his frustrations at Celtic.

Apologies if I have any of the updates wrong - feel free to post corrections here.

Looks like a challenge I can't resist...the bringing together of a few interesting challenges and interests icon_smile.gif

I've always loved Scotland and managing there and have tried a few times (usually with Hibs) to bring players through from my youth team (who are always Scots) so I like the sound of this!

I only entered this forum for the first time a few days ago and wanted to try my hand at a story so taking on this one in my favourite country rather than having to dive in by choosing a context might help. Not sure how good a story it'll be though as my first attempt...

OK, that's enough waffle - time to go find some action. I'll let you know when I finalise my team choice. I'd like to use one that no-one else is using, but Hibernian and Aberdeen both have a special place in my heart so I might not be able to resist ;-)

When We Were Lions - Faramir is well on his way now. Having won the CL he is now waiting for the National job to free up.

The Scots Are Revolting - mavericktango and his SNP Hearts were cruelly eliminated from the UEFA Cup on penalties but have secured a place in Europe for next season.

The Lisbon Lions Challenge - Still no news from Andy Cullen about his Celtic team.

The Parkhead Panthers - BobBev has finished his first season at Celtic with a second place finish in the SPL - will there be glory next season?.

Hibs...Why Hibs - Dan_Chisum is getting into the swing of things at Hibs.

More Old Firm Pish - HD has now taken Kirkwall Town to the brink of the SPL and he seems to have kissesd and made up with his Chariman, so that's nice.

The Barcelona Bears - Our first Challenge Winner is Peacemaker7 as he takes Scotland into the World Cup knockout stages having already triumphed in Europe with Rangers.

Celtic, A New Tale - we haven't had an update from Dutchy about his expoits at Celtic for some time now.

This Is Not The Greatest Title - Brian of Nazareth is now well into his stride at Fort William and his tale of struggle and success has the makings of an epic.

Third By Name, Third By Nature - Daz the Imp has just taken Third Lanark into the Second Division.

Moving Over to the Dark Side - a bizarre decorating accident has resulted in Jambo_4eva having to suspend his Hibs story. Personally I think that he just couldn't stand having to manage them any nore!

You Have Entered The Matrix - an intruiging start from Iain L has us all eagerly waiting for more.

West Lothian Lions - We have another winner as Wag triumphs with Livingston ans Scotland.

Bringing Up Baby - Not content with winning the challenge once, Peacemaker7 is getting set to do it all over again, again.

Bleeding in Tartan - displaced_seagull is taking a short break from his challenge effort with Stenhousemuir.

The Easy Route - Terk had had European success with Celtic and has now switched to Rangers to have a go there.

A Team For A Nation - Educated Hick is having another go after his frustrations at Celtic.

Begins With C - John O'Shea has joined in the fun and is in his second season at Celtic.

Elgin, Elgin Who? - please welcome johnwalker in his first story attemtp as he takes on the task with Elgin.

Mountains, Lochs, Moors - we have another first-time author as glamdring gives it a go with Ross County.

Time To Lay A Few Ghosts - hello to bud1873 who will be taking charge at Rangers.

I know it might be a little too late...

But does anyone know if there's any Edimburg Lower League side and preferably based on the docks or near the docks borough???

kind of peregrine idea I had... Let me know if you can think of a side that meets the requirements.

Editors go against my religion... so I suppose I'll ket the game run in Holiday mode until they are raised to 3rd... icon_frown.gif

(Unless that there is a team in a 15 miles radius from Edinburgh that is in 3rd div icon_confused.gif Otherwise the story won't fit icon_frown.gif )

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jordivf:

Editors go against my religion... so I suppose I'll ket the game run in Holiday mode until they are raised to 3rd... icon_frown.gif

(Unless that there is a team in a 15 miles radius from Edinburgh that is in 3rd div icon_confused.gif Otherwise the story won't fit icon_frown.gif )<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you'd be wasting your time, there's no chance that'll ever happen even if you ran the game for a million years. The ONLY way to manage them is to edit them in. This is CMS!

• 2 weeks later...

When We Were Lions - Faramir continues his Motherwell tale and having tasetd Champions League glory hw awaits the call to the national team.

The Scots Are Revolting - mavericktango has been a little quiet recently but last we heard his SNP Hearts had been were cruelly eliminated from the UEFA Cup on penalties but have secured a place in Europe for next season.

It's Not Caley, It's Caledonian - Gricehead has been shockingly sacked by Inverness Caley and is now at Southampton via Rochdale whilst he awaits a return to Scotland.

1983 All Over Again - it's all gone quite from Martin Buchan and Aberdeen.

Hibs...Why Hibs - Nothing new from Dan_Chisum and Hibs recently.

More Old Firm Pish - It's all been happening in the Orkneys. HD has taken Kirkwall Town to the SPL, won the double, is managing England and came agonisingly close to winning the CL - busy boy!!!

Celtic, A New Tale - we haven't had an update from Dutchy about his expoits at Celtic for some time now.

This Is Not The Greatest Title - Brian of Nazareth is now well into his stride at Fort William and his tale of struggle and success is turning into an epic.

Third By Name, Third By Nature - Daz the Imp has just taken Third Lanark into the Second Division.

Moving Over to the Dark Side - a bizarre decorating accident has resulted in Jambo_4eva having to suspend his Hibs story. Personally I think that he just couldn't stand having to manage them any nore!

West Lothian Lions - We have another winner as Wag triumphs with Livingston and Scotland.

Bringing Up Baby - Peacemaker7 has won the domestic double with his Forfar kids and also reached the CL semi Final so yet another success looks imminent.

The Easy Route - Terk had had European success with Celtic and has now switched to Rangers to have a go there.

A Team For A Nation - Educated Hick is having another go after his frustrations at Celtic although we haven't heard much from him recently.

Begins With C - John O'Shea has joined in the fun and is in his second season at Celtic.

Elgin, Elgin Who? - please welcome johnwalker in his first story attemtp as he takes on the task with Elgin.

Mountains, Lochs, Moors - we have another first-time author as glamdring gives it a go with Ross County and he has taken his team to the SPL title.

Time To Lay A Few Ghosts - hello to bud1873 who will be taking charge at Rangers.

On The March With Kilmarnock - Taz & The Devil has joined us with Kilmarnock.

Putting The Scot Back In Scottish Football - I'm Not Ruud has started the challenge with Airdrie.

Kids HD becomes a copy cat, as he desperately tries to get someone to read by coping PM7's effort. Oh he has Morton.

[This message was edited by Peacemaker7 on 21 February 2004 at 0:53.]

Archived