Substitute bug is a huge problem

rfc111

I’ve surprisingly found very little info on the bug that exists when trying to replace an injured player. Occasionally one of your players will get injured but the substitute you bring on to replace him doesn’t actually appear on the pitch, and you effectively play a man down for the remainder of the game. The substitute’s condition doesn’t change, it doesn’t count as an appearance for him and there appears to be no way to get him onto the field. I thought maybe repositioning the player might “remind” the game that he should be on the pitch but nothing works. When making the substitution, the games dialogue does confirm that you’ve made a substitution before you resume play, but still doesn’t actually apply the change.

One thing I’ve noticed about this is that when the bug occurs the game doesn’t notify you that your player has been injured and needs to be replaced, and play simply continues, which of course doesn’t happen under normal circumstances.

This is obviously an enormous problem and is the only thing rendering the game unplayable for me at the moment, the disadvantage you receive when this happens is too much. I’ve seen it a handful of times and there could have been more that I didn’t notice. I believe this was reported some weeks ago but I couldn’t find much on it and we’ve since had updates that haven’t fixed it. Would appreciate any info on this, thanks.

Hi rfc, this is an issue that is under review. 

This bug (that we are aware of) happens when you select a player to substitute on for them, revert the substitution and try to do it again. Essentially, when you have changed your mind on something. The other scenario where this issue occurs is when you ignore the injury, and then later go back to substitute them. Is this what you have found? 

Hi, I am substituting the player in the same way I always would, no reverting the decision or anything like that. As for the timing of the substitution, its very unlikely I’ll make the sub at the first opportunity because the game doesn’t tell me someone has been injured! I just open my tactics screen and notice the injury, which could be many minutes after it actually occurred. So in that sense, the injury is being ignored at first but not deliberately. I’m inclined to believe it makes no difference. If the match doesn’t stop and the game doesn’t tell you that your player is injured, as soon as this happens I think you’re screwed regardless of what you do next. Every time this has happened to me is when the match hasn’t stopped and alerted me of an injury. It seems to be a bug that can just randomly happen with some injuries, but has a huge impact on the match.

thank you for your response, good to know this is being looked into.