[FM20] United States - Tier 9 Pro/Rel Database

Turning the USA into a football pyramid, I have worked on getting the USA to mimic the English Football League system. 9 tiers in the pyramid for you to enjoy.

United States Premier League

• 0 Promoted
  • 3 Relegated

United States Championship

• 2 + 1(4 teams) Promoted
  • 3 Relegated

United States League One

• 2 + 1(4 teams) Promoted
  • 4 Relegated

United States League Two

• 3 + 1(6 teams) Promoted
  • 2 Relegated

United States National League Premier

• 1 + 1(6 teams) Promoted
  • 3 Relegated

United States National League Division One

• 2 + 1(6 teams) Promoted
  • 3 Relegated

United States National League Division Two

• 2 + 1(6 teams) Promoted
  • 5 Relegated

United States Lower Leagues

• 1(8 teams) Promoted

North Eastern Premier League

• 1 Promoted
  • 4 Relegated

North Western Premier League

• 1 Promoted
  • 4 Relegated

South Eastern Premier League

• 1 Promoted
  • 4 Relegated

South Western Premier League

• 1 Promoted
  • 4 Relegated

National Lower Leagues

• 4(18 teams) Promoted

Atlantic National League

• 2 Promoted
  • 0 Relegated

Central National League

• 2 Promoted
  • 0 Relegated

Mountain National League

• 2 Promoted
  • 0 Relegated

Pacific National League

• 2 Promoted
  • 0 Relegated

Southern National League

• 2 Promoted
  • 0 Relegated

Valley National League

• 2 Promoted
  • 0 Relegated

United States Football Association Cup

• Open to all teams in FA

United States League Cup

• Open to all teams in USA Football League (USAL2 and up)

United States National Cup

• Open to all teams outside of USA Football League (Under USAL2)

United States Community Shield

• Preseason cup with FA Cup winner and Premier League champion

This database took me about 3 months to plan and develop and has just under 7,400 changes. All teams are in the FM Database with the exception of one. I changed one as an homage to the inspiration to my story behind this database. Info on that coming soon.

If you want to edit the database yourself, please feel free to do that. Just know there are issues with the validation system and it will give you an error saying "There are only 23 of 24 teams for stage 0 in the USA Championship". This is normal and if you keep attempting to validate, it will eventually pass.

v1.0

• Created 9 tiers
  • Created new cups

v2.0

• Revamped to fix issue with no Youth Intake
  • Renamed United States Lower Leagues and National Lower Leagues to remove word Amateur
  • Added Promotion Playoffs to United States Lower Leagues and National Lower Leagues

FMDigi-USA-ProRel-9Tiers_v200.fmf

2 hours ago, jcp1417 said:

super interested in this! What did you do about academies? Do they appear as teams down the pyramid?

Thank you. I was torn as to what to do about them. I left them but put in different leagues according to reputation. They can't be in the same league as parent obviously so it does setup some weird scenarios. I hope you enjoy it.

I tested this out and I can tell you put a lot of thought into this. I did come across a few issues.

A lot of teams in the lower leagues have transfer policies that prevent them from signing players over 23. If you're trying to mimic the English system, they do not have these restrictions.

Some of the affiliations prevent a team from being promoted if the senior team is in a league ahead. In England, the link will be terminated, but in this file, the team is just not able to be promoted. I'd recommend removing all affiliations, except B teams.

In the first couple years, the leagues are very unbalanced. I would adjust the starting leagues to balance it out. 

You may want to adjust the attendances, because there's teams as high as league one that only has average attendances of 100.

I was really excited about a multi-level USA structure with promotion/relegation (because a static league structure just isn't rewarding to me), but my hometown team is in the Atlantic National, and we're 1800 miles from the Atlantic. I'd have to move around about 200 teams and input stadiums and I'd probably screw it all up...yeah, I'm probably going to start editing, I gotta get my FC Wichita to the top.  

oh, and the player contracts expire 1/2/1900. 

Edited by podunkboy

hey this is a great database been checking it out over the weekend,top job man. will start my long term fm20 save with this. quick question on setting this up. if i use your  CONCACAF Champions League database along side this usa database what files from  yellowsweatygorilla Canadian Megapatch 2020 do i select .is it just the canadian megapatch and not the continental file or can i still use both files .

• 4 months later...

Hey man, someone on Reddit pointed me this way as I'm currently in the midst of creating my own version of this with more of a fantasy style. I'll post what i posted on reddit.

Hi guys, I'm currently creating a custom database (furlough boredom) for a US football pyramid. I'm certain some similar projects have been embarked on before and I'd be interested in talking to other people that have done it. I'll explain the structure I've got going briefly and feedback on whether it makes sense would be appreciated.

The idea is that I give all the most populated US mainland cities a team (New York split into boroughs and LA gets 2 teams) and place them into their respective leagues. I'm mostly using existing teams but creating new ones when necessary. Creating new stadiums and boosting capacities of existing ones where necessary. The regional divisions are based on US time zones. There's also the USSF Open Cup which draws all 256 teams randomly. The winner of the MLS plays the winner of the USSF Open cup in a Super Bowl style American Super Cup at the end of the season.

Major League Soccer (20 team, 4 relegated)

Western Championship 1 (22 teams), Eastern Championship 1 (22) (2 champions and 2 PO winners, 6 relegated)

Western Championship 2 (24 teams), Eastern Championship 2 (24 teams) (2 champions, 2 promoted and 2 PO winners, 6 relegated)

Mountain/Pacific Div 1 (24 teams), Central Div 1 (24 Teams), Eastern Div 1 (24 Teams) (3 champs up and 3 PO winners up, 9 relegated)

Mountain/Pacific Div 2 (24 teams), Central Div 2 (24 Teams), Eastern Div 2 (24 Teams) (3 champs up, 3 promoted and 3 PO winners up, 0 relegated because 256 teams is enough...)

Seeing as Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver have been banished, I'd also like to build an SPL style Canadian league when this is done.

Any comments or questions or if anyone can point me in the direction of someone who's done something similar or would be willing to help out in any way that would be wonderful :)

• 6 months later...

Apologies for the late reply to this!

I downloaded this for the first time today and gave it a spin.  It appears that it is incompatible with either of the database updates (either 20.3.0 or 20.4.0) - the game crashes if I try to load either of those.  It does load with the original database, however.

Thank you very much for your hard work on this!  This certainly seems like a lot more fun than my previous short-lived attempts at MLS saves have been.

15 minutes ago, Daniel Evensen said:

Apologies for the late reply to this!

I downloaded this for the first time today and gave it a spin.  It appears that it is incompatible with either of the database updates (either 20.3.0 or 20.4.0) - the game crashes if I try to load either of those.  It does load with the original database, however.

Thank you very much for your hard work on this!  This certainly seems like a lot more fun than my previous short-lived attempts at MLS saves have been.

Hey there. I'm glad you're a fan. Try this for 20.0.4 - https://www.mediafire.com/file/j5i42y9jmpk6ppf/FMDigi-USA-ProRel-9Tiers_v200_20.0.4.fmf/file

Also I did see a situation at times where you have to specifically set the start date on the country choose screen as for some reason it doesn't pull one in by default. That might fix the game crash. 

Lastly, now that the editor is fixed, I will be releasing the FM21 version of this soon so keep an eye out.