Please add team talks!!!!

Hello all,

first time playing FMT and it’s ace. However, the lack of team talks has really killed the buzz for me. How can you completely disregard the motivational aspects of football management? Really, team talks and press conferences should be an absolute must!

appreciate some features need to be removed due to it being a mobile first game (number of leagues, data size, tactical and training depth etc.) but these are key aspects of football management not add ons. Much rather see these than ‘club vision’ and ‘transfer deadline day’.

Could you not just add in pre, mid and post game team talks and reactions? Feels like you’re not able to affect a game at all. 

Cheers,

James

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Bigjim93:

Hello all,

first time playing FMT and it’s ace. However, the lack of team talks has really killed the buzz for me. How can you completely disregard the motivational aspects of football management? Really, team talks and press conferences should be an absolute must!

appreciate some features need to be removed due to it being a mobile first game (number of leagues, data size, tactical and training depth etc.) but these are key aspects of football management not add ons. Much rather see these than ‘club vision’ and ‘transfer deadline day’.

Could you not just add in pre, mid and post game team talks and reactions? Feels like you’re not able to affect a game at all. 

Cheers,

James

There are some features not available in FM Touch to make it more suitable for people who don't have time for various management tasks. If you want the full experience you need to play the full FM.

@KUBI, you have completely missed the point mate. My original post mentioned how I understand certain features are missing. 

Happy to sacrifice all other features dropped (speaking to media about transfer targets and upcoming games, holding team meetings, small data size, only being able to select three leagues etc) but team talks should be a must over some features included such as transfer deadline day and club vision... 

Team talks and press conferences were the main features excluded at the launch of FM classic (now Touch) as they were the features people who wanted a streamlined version most commonly requested to be removed. Personally I was one of those who disliked the team talks and press conferences in the full version and so moved over to Touch once it was launched.

However they have since introduced a streamlined version of press interaction and I wouldn’t be against a very streamlined version of team talks to provide some input into morale during the match. I would be against just porting the full fat version of team talks in though as I think they are absolutely dreadful!

Edited by Spikey

@Spikey, completely agree. On the full version, team talks and press conferences take up too much time.

I just think a small element should be included so you can affect a match outcome outside of tactics. Could always have the option to auto-assign to assistant/switch off too?

Think the following would be a good compromise?

team talks: 

pre game and half time (with less options than full version)

no post match or in-play shouts

no player specific convos

Press conferences:

before and after big games only - limited to 2/3 questions?

no transfer questions/random interview requests

Personally I think press interaction is perfectly pitched now so I wouldn’t want to see specific press conferences added. There are occasional questions which you can choose to answer if you wish and should you answer can have positive/negative influence. The key to its success however is that should you choose not to answer there appears to be no negative or positive influence which basically makes it an optional feature. 

If they could implement team talks in a similar way then I’d be in favour. However the trouble with team talks is that if the AI can do them there immediately becomes a potential negative influence on players who choose to ignore them or leave them to the assistant, which is not in the spirit of FM touch as it was originally conceived. Having the option to turn them off would solve this but it’s unlikely SI will want to spend time implementing a new feature which a lot of players would just turn off.

Personally unless they can nail this balance I’d prefer them to be left out.

Fair enough. I just think a small element of team talks would allow you to impact a match outcome. 

just lost a game I’d expect to win. Was losing at half time and couldn’t just say the performance was disappointing. Seems like such a fundamental feature to me.