[FM20] UEFA Revival 1.6 - 25/07/2020

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a db that keeps the original Champions League and Europa League, with both champions qualified for UCL next season, adding the Cup Winners Cup and Intertoto, so only files 5 and 6 give me that possibility, but in notes do not say whether the champions will qualify for next season. Which file should I use to achieve this configuration? I already tried file 5 and the Champions League was not scheduled in the first season, but I think it may be incompatible with some dbs that I use, such as the USSR, Yugoslavia, United Nordics and Irish Unified. Can you create a file with only cup winners cup and intertoto, which are competitions apart from the current European ones? Perhaps the Intertoto champion will still win a spot in the Europa League?

1 hour ago, igorlv said:

I want a db that keeps the original Champions League and Europa League, with both champions qualified for UCL next season, adding the Cup Winners Cup and Intertoto, so only files 5 and 6 give me that possibility, but in notes do not say whether the champions will qualify for next season. Which file should I use to achieve this configuration? I already tried file 5 and the Champions League was not scheduled in the first season, but I think it may be incompatible with some dbs that I use, such as the USSR, Yugoslavia, United Nordics and Irish Unified. Can you create a file with only cup winners cup and intertoto, which are competitions apart from the current European ones? Perhaps the Intertoto champion will still win a spot in the Europa League?

I made a current version that is close to what you're after (which also includes the UEFA Cup, Cup Winners Cup & Intertoto Cup), but with the exception being that the Europa League winners don't qualify for the Champions League - only the Champions League winner does. The game was bugging out and giving 6 Champions League places to a single nation with the Europa League winner included.

- 3rd placed teams in the Champions League group stage drop into the Europa League knockout stages
- 4th placed teams in the Champions League group stage drop into the UEFA Cup knockout stages
- Intertoto Cup winner advances to the UEFA Conference League
- Intertoto Cup runner-up advances to the UEFA Cup

The file you're looking for would be #41.

Edited by Carlito85

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Love this mod, but have a question surrounding the tv revenues (UEFA file #41). Was managing an Armenian side, who got dumped out of the UEFA Cup 1st Q Round. We then got given £5.5million worth of TV revenue. I was wondering whether this was a bug, the correct value, or a glitch with another file?

15 hours ago, Nick134 said:

Hello! Love this mod, but have a question surrounding the tv revenues (UEFA file #41). Was managing an Armenian side, who got dumped out of the UEFA Cup 1st Q Round. We then got given £5.5million worth of TV revenue. I was wondering whether this was a bug, the correct value, or a glitch with another file?

Hi Nick. Thanks for the feedback :thup:

I just had a look at the initial TV money and it is set at 5 million, while TV money for match is set at 500k. That must be where it's came from. Bit of an oversight on my part.

Edited by Carlito85

Is this compatible with Timo's nations and Sortitousi's live update or fix?

Files 41 and 42 contain both the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Cup. Do I then need the A-file (compatible with Europa League) or B-file (compatible with UEFA Cup) for the new Fifa World Club Cup format? (This question goes the same for the other new cups. Do I need the A-file or the B-file, if I chose  an UEFA setup that contains both the Europa League and the UEFA Cup?)

Why is the Americas merger not compatible with the new Fifa World Club Cup?
Is the AFC file compatible with the new Fifa World Club Cup?

Do you have plans for an CAF reshape? Like in Asia, the CAF nations are grouped in regions. Could there be regional cups in your file? Perhaps in a way that winners are also qualified for a specific continental cup?

And what about (inter-)regional cups like the ARAB Champions League (containing teams from North Africa and the Middle East) or the GCC Champions League (containing clubs from Gulf nations) Will those leagues be compatible with your work?

Sorry for so many questions. I really like to play in a lot of different leagues and cups, so these files could be great for me.

Thank you for all your hard work. :thup::thup:

Edited by Jorgen

7 hours ago, Jorgen said:

Is this compatible with Timo's nations and Sortitousi's live update or fix?

Files 41 and 42 contain both the UEFA Europa League and the UEFA Cup. Do I then need the A-file (compatible with Europa League) or B-file (compatible with UEFA Cup) for the new Fifa World Club Cup format? (This question goes the same for the other new cups. Do I need the A-file or the B-file, if I chose  an UEFA setup that contains both the Europa League and the UEFA Cup?)

Why is the Americas merger not compatible with the new Fifa World Club Cup?
Is the AFC file compatible with the new Fifa World Club Cup?

Do you have plans for an CAF reshape? Like in Asia, the CAF nations are grouped in regions. Could there be regional cups in your file? Perhaps in a way that winners are also qualified for a specific continental cup?

And what about (inter-)regional cups like the ARAB Champions League (containing teams from North Africa and the Middle East) or the GCC Champions League (containing clubs from Gulf nations) Will those leagues be compatible with your work?

Sorry for so many questions. I really like to play in a lot of different leagues and cups, so these files could be great for me.

Thank you for all your hard work. :thup::thup:

Hi Jorgen.

Don't worry, I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

1. I'm not sure this will be compatible with Timo's work due to the fact that continental competitions are updated in that project. You can always run a test on it but I think it would cause clashes. It runs fine with the regular SI updates though.

2. For files 41 and 42 I would use file A. I'm currently working on a file C for these 2 files which will separate the UEFA Europa League and UEFA Cup history (i.e. UEFA Cup history will run up to 2008-09 and Europa League history will run from 2009-10). This may likely become the default version for all files going forward to make things less complicated. The UEFA Cup teams don't qualify for the Club World Cup I created in files 41 and 42 which I think is why you'd be better off with file A for AFC etc to acknowledge the Europa League history.

3. I'm not sure exactly why it's happening, but because the CC merger competitions are new with no history, the Club World Cup is not grabbing the winners of those. If I add fake history to them then it works for that first year but then the same teams keep qualifying regardless of whether or not they should, because they're listed in the history. I'm pretty sure at this point it may be a bug.

4. I do have plans for a CAF reshape in FM21. I may look into the regional group format as I want to give it a bit of a unique look and feel from the others.

@Carlito85 Thanks for being so kind!

Of all your files, which ones reflect the real life competitons the most? I am chosing between 41/42 because they have the most cups, but for a long term save, I most often chose the most realistic setup

1. That makes sense. The Sortitoutsi Live Update does transfers and continental cup qualifications, I suspect by editing the league position the club had. That might cause conflicts too? It does not change those cups, I think.

2. OK, I will use file A then

3. So it will be a choice between new Fifa Club World Cup or CC merger.

4. I will follow your work. Happy helping with thinking about options, if you need that

I'll try a new game, to see if it works. Thanks again!

On 17/08/2020 at 02:14, Jorgen said:

@Carlito85 Thanks for being so kind!

Of all your files, which ones reflect the real life competitons the most? I am chosing between 41/42 because they have the most cups, but for a long term save, I most often chose the most realistic setup

1. That makes sense. The Sortitoutsi Live Update does transfers and continental cup qualifications, I suspect by editing the league position the club had. That might cause conflicts too? It does not change those cups, I think.

2. OK, I will use file A then

3. So it will be a choice between new Fifa Club World Cup or CC merger.

4. I will follow your work. Happy helping with thinking about options, if you need that

I'll try a new game, to see if it works. Thanks again!

No problem bud.

Here are the realistic versions where the UEFA Champions League winner will automatically qualify for the competition in the following season:

File 43: 2004-2009 format
File 38: 1991-1993 format
File 50: 2021-2024 format with 1 group stage in the UEFA Champions League (also includes the UEFA Intertoto Cup)
File 40: 2021-2024 format with 2 group stages in the UEFA Champions League (also includes the UEFA Intertoto Cup)
File 46: 1995-1996 format
File 37: 1997-1999 format
File 47: 1999-2000 format (England will get 3 teams in the UEFA Champions League)
File 33: 1999-2003 format (England will get 4 teams in the UEFA Champions League)
File 49: 1973-1974 format

Most of these files feature the UEFA Cup instead of the UEFA Europa League, so it would be best to run with file B if you're using the AFC, UEFA Youth League or CC merger alongside a UEFA Cup file.

As of now you would have to choose to use either the new Club World Cup or the CC merger. It's unfortunate but it's something I'm still working on getting sorted.

Edited by Carlito85

19 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

No problem bud.

Here are the realistic versions where the UEFA Champions League winner will automatically qualify for the competition in the following season:

File 43: 2004-2009 format
File 38: 1991-1993 format
File 50: 2021-2024 format with 1 group stage in the UEFA Champions League (also includes the UEFA Intertoto Cup)
File 40: 2021-2024 format with 2 group stages in the UEFA Champions League (also includes the UEFA Intertoto Cup)
File 46: 1995-1996 format
File 37: 1997-1999 format
File 47: 1999-2000 format
File 49: 1973-1974 format

Most of these files feature the UEFA Cup instead of the UEFA Europa League, so it would be best to run with file B if you're using the AFC, UEFA Youth League or CC merger alongside a UEFA Cup file.

As of now you would have to choose to use either the new Club World Cup or the CC merger. It's unfortunate but it's something I'm still working on getting sorted.

I forgot to mention that file 33 covers the 1999-2003 format (team allocation differs to file 47 i.e. England have 4 teams instead of 3).

To anybody wondering by the way I noticed an error in the file guide for file 33 which states it has the new Super Cup format featuring 4 teams. This is not the case and I'll correct that for my next update.

Edited by Carlito85

On 18/08/2020 at 13:33, Carlito85 said:

I forgot to mention that file 33 covers the 1999-2003 format (team allocation differs to file 47 i.e. England have 4 teams instead of 3).

To anybody wondering by the way I noticed an error in the file guide for file 33 which states it has the new Super Cup format featuring 4 teams. This is not the case and I'll correct that for my next update.

hey dude i finally did doing Alternate UEFA Revival File 28 All By Myself but there is a error where 2 competions appear to start in 2025

what i gonna to do

• 3 weeks later...

@Carlito85 I was looking at **UEFA Revival 30** (from 1.6)

It is described as follows: This is an alternate to UEFA Revival 24, but includes 54 nations for the UEFA Champions League & UEFA Cup Winners' Cup instead of 32

The **UEFA Revival 24** note says NOTE: The UEFA Champions League features domestic league winners only (32 teams in total in the competition)

I was testing with 30, but it does have all the extra German, Spanish, English and Italian. Do you know which one is the expanded version of the 24?

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

@Carlito85 I was looking at **UEFA Revival 30** (from 1.6)

It is described as follows: This is an alternate to UEFA Revival 24, but includes 54 nations for the UEFA Champions League & UEFA Cup Winners' Cup instead of 32

The **UEFA Revival 24** note says NOTE: The UEFA Champions League features domestic league winners only (32 teams in total in the competition)

I was testing with 30, but it does have all the extra German, Spanish, English and Italian. Do you know which one is the expanded version of the 24?

I just had a look in the editor and it should be grabbing one team from nations 1-54. Having ran a test on the file though it appears there is an error in the First Round of the Champions League where some teams are missing so the highest ranked teams in Europe are replacing them. I'll get that sorted later on today :thup:

If you want to correct the error quickly to continue your game, go to stage 4-4 of the Champions League in the editor, go to Teams, and in the first row change "Second Qualifying Round" to "First Round".

Edited by Carlito85

1 hour ago, Carlito85 said:

I just had a look in the editor and it should be grabbing one team from nations 1-54. Having ran a test on the file though it appears there is an error in the First Round of the Champions League where some teams are missing so the highest ranked teams in Europe are replacing them. I'll get that sorted later on today :thup:

If you want to correct the error quickly to continue your game, go to stage 4-4 of the Champions League in the editor, go to Teams, and in the first row change "Second Qualifying Round" to "First Round".

Thanks, will do that.

On 18/08/2020 at 14:33, Carlito85 said:

OK, thanks for your help

On 09/09/2020 at 14:52, Carlito85 said:

Hi @Carlito85, I've had a few months away from FM, and have just taken a few minutes to check out some threads. I know you put instructions up of how to fix file 30, but to save me doing that 😉, did you amend the file yourself so as it's ready for download?

On 15/09/2020 at 22:20, \'Appy \'Ammer said:

Hi @Carlito85, I've had a few months away from FM, and have just taken a few minutes to check out some threads. I know you put instructions up of how to fix file 30, but to save me doing that 😉, did you amend the file yourself so as it's ready for download?

I'll be putting an update out over the weekend. Been busy with other work so I haven't had as much time to work on this.

Greetings!

First off, let me start my giving out my sincerest, admired thanks for this amazing work. These new competitions make the game feel so alive and dynamic, i wish football was like this in real life!

Just a question though, do these mods work with coefficients? If i play in Austria and the league starts performing increasingly better, will they be allocated better qualification spots as they go up the ranks? 

EDIT: Ok so after looking at other comments, it seems the coeficient doesn't work. That's unfortunate but it's entirely of your hands so it's understandable!

My second question then would, what file wold provide the most "democratic" access to european glory? I find 41 to be very attractive due to the number of competitions, would performing well still boost the coeficient of the clubs themselves? In other words, A certain country might only have one garanteed slot in the CL group stages while another in the playoffs and this is impossible to improve in the future. But if a club performs well in the competitions, will they be able to be seeded as top tier according to performance or is this also locked?

Edited by WEED GOKU

1 hour ago, WEED GOKU said:

Greetings!

First off, let me start my giving out my sincerest, admired thanks for this amazing work. These new competitions make the game feel so alive and dynamic, i wish football was like this in real life!

Just a question though, do these mods work with coefficients? If i play in Austria and the league starts performing increasingly better, will they be allocated better qualification spots as they go up the ranks? 

EDIT: Ok so after looking at other comments, it seems the coeficient doesn't work. That's unfortunate but it's entirely of your hands so it's understandable!

My second question then would, what file wold provide the most "democratic" access to european glory? I find 41 to be very attractive due to the number of competitions, would performing well still boost the coeficient of the clubs themselves? In other words, A certain country might only have one garanteed slot in the CL group stages while another in the playoffs and this is impossible to improve in the future. But if a club performs well in the competitions, will they be able to be seeded as top tier according to performance or is this also locked?

Hi there! I appreciate the kind words, thanks a lot :thup:

It's a shame the coefficients can't be updated but I'm hoping they'll give us more flexibility in the editor going forward. It's long overdue at this point. I'm not too sure if a club's standing in competitions will change over time but I think it may be possible if it's tied in with a club's general reputation growing over time. I want to say from what I remember that it seemingly does but I'm not 100% certain. A nation won't get more qualification places over time but a specific club for example may receive a higher seeding.

Regarding which file would be the most inclusive , I'd recommend either file 41 or 42 (the only difference being that the UEFA Champions League will have 1 group stage in file 41, or 2 group stages in file 42). I'm using file 42 and really enjoying my save with it so far, around half way into my 2nd season.

Edited by Carlito85

• 3 weeks later...

@Carlito85 how do you avoid having teams play two continental cups in the same season? Is there a setting for that?

I am seeing teams play both the CL and the Cup Winners Cup at the moment. This is in my own file btw, not yours.

5 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

@Carlito85 how do you avoid having teams play two continental cups in the same season? Is there a setting for that?

I am seeing teams play both the CL and the Cup Winners Cup at the moment. This is in my own file btw, not yours.

There will most likely be an oversight in the file somewhere. I've had this happen many a time to me, where it would be down to either a round fate error or an error in the teams section of the particular round where the wrong teams are showing up.

How many teams are playing in 2 competitions? I'm guessing it's the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and Man Utd as normally to fill the vacant spaces left by an error it will grab the highest ranked teams by default.

18 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

There will most likely be an oversight in the file somewhere. I've had this happen many a time to me, where it would be down to either a round fate error or an error in the teams section of the particular round where the wrong teams are showing up.

How many teams are playing in 2 competitions? I'm guessing it's the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and Man Utd as normally to fill the vacant spaces left by an error it will grab the highest ranked teams by default.

Good tip, thanks. I will do a count on the teams in the rounds to see if I miscalculated somewhere.

Yes, it is teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona and such.

Edit: Found the issue, it is the CL winner and the CWC winner that usually end already qualifying for either the CL or CWC anyway which means there is always an open spot. Haven't found a good fix for that one yet.

12 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Good tip, thanks. I will do a count on the teams in the rounds to see if I miscalculated somewhere.

Yes, it is teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona and such.

Edit: Found the issue, it is the CL winner and the CWC winner that usually end already qualifying for either the CL or CWC anyway which means there is always an open spot. Haven't found a good fix for that one yet.

By default the nation that won the competition should get an extra place in their domestic league. Do you have the CWC winner qualifying for the Champions League or the CWC again?

5 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

By default the nation that won the competition should get an extra place in their domestic league. Do you have the CWC winner qualifying for the Champions League or the CWC again?

Qualifying for CWC again

On 14/10/2020 at 22:30, HugoLazgo12 said:

File 28

What exactly would you want to be different though? Just the Club World Cup with 16 teams?

10 hours ago, igorlv said:

is it normal for file 50 to only allow 2 teams per country? in my case it depends on the europe league champion and the champions league there may be more times from the same country

The Champions League only includes domestic champions, which was why I was able to include the Europa League winner also qualifying. One nation at the most may have 3 teams in the competition, depending on if the Champions League winner didn't win their domestic league, and the Europa League winner is from the same nation but also didn't win their domestic league.

13 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

What exactly would you want to be different though? Just the Club World Cup with 16 teams?

The Champions League only includes domestic champions, which was why I was able to include the Europa League winner also qualifying. One nation at the most may have 3 teams in the competition, depending on if the Champions League winner didn't win their domestic league, and the Europa League winner is from the same nation but also didn't win their domestic league.

Yes

i want europa league keep with 48 teams but with group of 8 with 6 teams and europa conference league been similar to uefa cup but 2001-2004 format

and i want europa league play-off been to september and group stage in october

yes just yes i want club world cup with 16 teams i would pretty good rather that 24 teams

1 hour ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

Yes

i want europa league keep with 48 teams but with group of 8 with 6 teams and europa conference league been similar to uefa cup but 2001-2004 format

and i want europa league play-off been to september and group stage in october

yes just yes i want club world cup with 16 teams i would pretty good rather that 24 teams

I'll see if I can work something around the qualifying period. The fixture dates in that file are pretty jam-packed as it is. There isn't much room for flexibility without clashing with international fixtures and domestic cup competitions.

2 minutes ago, Carlito85 said:

I'll see if I can work something around the qualifying period. The fixture dates in that file are pretty jam-packed as it is. There isn't much room for flexibility without clashing with international fixtures and domestic cup competitions.

yeah i would pretty cool from final update of this like good old FM Days

so will you do uefa revival in FM 21 right

5 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

so where the final update of UEFA Revival In FM 20 will be release

i wonder if FM did updated the editor and remove the errors in 21

I'll be releasing one more update for 20 which is just a basic one to fix a file error in file 30.

Hopefully they made some big updates to the editor this year but I can't see it happening to be honest.

1 hour ago, Carlito85 said:

I'll be releasing one more update for 20 which is just a basic one to fix a file error in file 30.

Hopefully they made some big updates to the editor this year but I can't see it happening to be honest.

wow FM always still the same and did not fix up the errors on FM 21

oh okay maybe in next week they will be a final update on UEFA revival right

what happen at File 30 did the error ruined this or maybe it didnt work the way it should been

so when you release UEFA Revival On FM 21 maybe in january or february since FM 21 was delayed because of COVID-19

12 hours ago, HugoLazgo12 said:

wow FM always still the same and did not fix up the errors on FM 21

oh okay maybe in next week they will be a final update on UEFA revival right

what happen at File 30 did the error ruined this or maybe it didnt work the way it should been

so when you release UEFA Revival On FM 21 maybe in january or february since FM 21 was delayed because of COVID-19

File 30 had an error with one of the qualifying rounds which needed to be fixed.

I'll need to carry all files over from FM20 and get everything verified and tested. Plus I'm hoping to add some new stuff so I'd imagine the initial release should be around the Christmas holidays.

7 hours ago, Carlito85 said:

File 30 had an error with one of the qualifying rounds which needed to be fixed.

I'll need to carry all files over from FM20 and get everything verified and tested. Plus I'm hoping to add some new stuff so I'd imagine the initial release should be around the Christmas holidays.

okay so what date and day on final update of UEFA Revival next week