Add the Canadian Premier League to FM20 for Free

Call me a cynic, but what is the precedent for adding free dlc on the steam workshop? Is this a precursor to paid dlc? In the future, are there going to be more leagues available but at a cost?

I ask because why can’t this be an actual game update instead of a workshop mod?

47 minutes ago, jcp1417 said:

Call me a cynic, but what is the precedent for adding free dlc on the steam workshop? Is this a precursor to paid dlc? In the future, are there going to be more leagues available but at a cost?

I ask because why can’t this be an actual game update instead of a workshop mod?

I don't think there is any precedent for that. If it was listed as free DLC on the store page there might be some precedent, but it doesn't really make sense to me at all for it to be on the workshop where the fewest people will see it. Why is it not either an update to the base game or a free DLC under the actual DLC category on the steam page?

Edited by DustinWalters

• SI Staff

@Neil Brock Unless I'm mistaken, the file for Canadian Premier League Official Logos only contains images for:

20502998 - Canadian Premier League | icon | logo |trophy
39935334 & 567370168 <- I don't know what these are.

There are no club logos inside the file.

• Administrators
On 24/12/2019 at 09:40, Blue Lou said:

@Neil Brock Unless I'm mistaken, the file for Canadian Premier League Official Logos only contains images for:

20502998 - Canadian Premier League | icon | logo |trophy
39935334 & 567370168 <- I don't know what these are.

There are no club logos inside the file.

We're looking into the issue at the moment. 

Given the related posts have been removed, just thought people should be reminded that there's a thread for feedback, linked below.

It'd be nice if issues unrelated to this add-on could be left elsewhere and let people talk about the Canadian Premier League addition here in peace.

For the topic, it's cool that this has been added, so cheers SI. I might have to take a look, given I've never gotten the hang of the MLS, but wouldn't mind trying out North American proper ;) football.

Edited by JordanMillward_1

It works fine for me except I don't have logos at the clubs. I do have shirts, competition logo and pictures of the faces of the players. In the file that contains the logos of the club Is only the competition logo with the trophy. Will there be a solution for the logos of the clubs

Edited by Egbert Jan

Em 24/12/2019 em 17:29, Scotty Walds disse:

To allow them to sell the game in Spain, presumably...

It's sad and bizarre this happens.

Em 24/12/2019 em 19:57, Gross_Ballon disse:

I use one that some one else made ! so should I just delete those editor files and load this one. I live 20 minutes away from Forge FC 

I love the idea I just hope Toronto FC never leave the MLS for the CPL. 

It doesn't make sense, keeps in MLS has more advantages. 

Em 28/12/2019 em 14:45, oche balboa disse:

Why are the African Leagues ignored? 

I would like to see more african leagues, mainly from where there is more transfer movements like Middle East 

The logos don't work but more importantly neither does qualification for the CONCACAF league. 

I won the spring, fall leagues and the Final but Forge9fc qualified for the CONCACAF league just because they finished 5th overall, were nowhere near winning either league and didn't make the final either (Valour FC did that). 

This is game breaking stuff not even getting who qualifies for stuff right. 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The logos don't work but more importantly neither does qualification for the CONCACAF league. 

I won the spring, fall leagues and the Final but Forge9fc qualified for the CONCACAF league just because they finished 5th overall, were nowhere near winning either league and didn't make the final either (Valour FC did that). 

This is game breaking stuff not even getting who qualifies for stuff right. 

Do you happen to have a save game prior to the incorrect team qualifying? If so, please upload it and let us know the file name. Details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Neil Brock said:

Do you happen to have a save game prior to the incorrect team qualifying? If so, please upload it and let us know the file name. Details on how to upload here - https://community.sigames.com/faq/football-manager-2020/238_how-to/241_pc/how-to-upload-files-for-support-r847/

Thanks. 

I found an old save, holidayed until just before the league draw and its still picking York9FC as  the CONCACAF guys, have uploaded the save and put the details in the bugs section.

I'm going to do one final test however holiday and then get myself knocked out of the Canadian Championship and see if that "fixes" the issue.

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I found an old save, holidayed until just before the league draw and its still picking York9FC as  the CONCACAF guys, have uploaded the save and put the details in the bugs section.

I'm going to do one final test however holiday and then get myself knocked out of the Canadian Championship and see if that "fixes" the issue.

Remember to tell them what the file name was, because otherwise they'll have to sift through a lot of saves to find yours.

Also I did another experiment just loaded up the Canadian league and let it run. First season Forge FC won the league and played in the CONCACAF league second season Forge won the league and a random team played in the CONCACAF league. 

Which leads me to believe this is an extremely easy to replicate bug. Somebody else mentioned this in the bugs forum too, they ran 20 seasons and the team was randomised every season. 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Also I did another experiment just loaded up the Canadian league and let it run. First season Forge FC won the league and played in the CONCACAF league second season Forge won the league and a random team played in the CONCACAF league. 

Which leads me to believe this is an extremely easy to replicate bug. Somebody else mentioned this in the bugs forum too, they ran 20 seasons and the team was randomised every season. 

I'll speak to the competitions team who worked on the CPL and see what I can find out. Appreciate your investigation here. 

I'm subscribed to this, out of interest just thought I'd take a look and nothing to do with the Canadian League appears when I look to create a new save. Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, janrzm said:

I'm subscribed to this, out of interest just thought I'd take a look and nothing to do with the Canadian League appears when I look to create a new save. Am I missing something?

You need to have ensured the editor file is downloaded and the file selected from the database menu. 

When you go to Advanced Setup, you should then be able to choose the Canadian League, but you will have to choose a 2019 start date if you add USA too.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, wisconsin said:

Will using this stop Steam leaderboards from working?

No, there are no database changes with the file which is what prevents Leaderboards.

• Administrators
On 30/12/2019 at 05:53, kiwityke1983 said:

The logos don't work

This has been resolved now and you should see the updated logos if you've subscribed to the file. 

If you're still not seeing them, following these steps: 

• FM > Preferences > Reset > Clear Cache
  • FM > Downloads > Steam tab > Unsubscribe to the Canadian Official Logos file
  • Restart the game 
  • FM > Downloads > Steam tab >Browse official add ons
  • Subscribe to the Canada Logos file again

The logos should then be present in your game.

On 23/12/2019 at 18:37, ting2004 said:

Is this available on Stadia?

Also wondering this

On 24/12/2019 at 07:52, Blue Lou said:

Gibraltar league have been made available this way since FM14. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=232843105

TIL - never knew this was the case!

Why has Gibraltar never made it to the full FM release?

• Administrators
Just now, markyosullivan said:

Also wondering this

It's only available through Steam as it is distributed through Steam Workshop.

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, markyosullivan said:

Could it not be added as a patch like the way the January transfers are?

It's a user add on, so these are distributed through the Workshop as has always been the case. We're released many files this way over the years, from Hashtag United files, Influencers, and league files such as Gibraltar too.