Ackter's Appearance Axtravaganza!

So yeah, in previous games I've done this and seeing as I'm actually into a game again, it's time to bring it back.

The premise is simple - get as many of your players to have as many appearances for you as possible. The ideal result is a team full of 1,000+ appearances each. You'll need to count the appearances up yourself as I still don't think there's a place that just gives you the total. As such, a picture of the player (at any age you want) and a picture of his history screen at the end of his career with you are required. You can update us about your squad progress as often as you want - though obviously the most suitable would be per-season and the least acceptable would be per-career. Obviously it's far too much effort to include screenshots of every season's full stats, so an element of trust is inherent in this challenge. It's not like you win anything so no point in cheating.

So let's get this started. I don't have much going so far, but here's my current AAA squad (haven't bothered including players with less than 10 seasons at the club):

• TOTAL: Incomplete

Note: you can use any formation you want for your AAA squad, in my case I'm using the formation I actually play.

1403181010_Screenshot2019-12-15at20_01_39.thumb.png.86fc6e927c91c0380394357443879fe6.png

1255618774_Screenshot2019-12-15at20_02_04.thumb.png.411a286d4f8230fca8662c15d54ae21b.png

723653529_Screenshot2019-12-15at20_03_46.thumb.png.142d8ae6976a61772302ccf8b542fff3.png

1764769486_Screenshot2019-12-15at20_06_15.thumb.png.2d0cb0a6dd9dcc2c0aa02011252338ee.png

Only early stages for me and doubt any of these will make it, but the ones with very slight potential to make it are:

GK: None

DR: None
DC: Nicolo Armini - 55 apps
DC: None
DL: None

DM: Sandro Tonali - 118 apps

MC: None
MC: None

AMR: Kai Havertz - 63 apps
AML: Thiago Almada - 126 apps

ST: Talles Magno - 89 apps

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

14 hours ago, Harryseaess said:

Thinking about this, don't think I've got any chance of doing this with a German team, only 34 league games rather than 38 in the other top countries and only one domestic cup competition. Still, I'll keep trying!

Yeah it's going to be tough, you're going to need about 20 seasons of going the distance in every competition possible to hit the 1,000 - though luckily I believe the German league often has players come through at 14? Or is there an age limit?

On 15/12/2019 at 21:26, Ackter said:

Screenshot 2019-12-15 at 21.26.10.png

One super full season of development is already seeing huge improvements here. If he keeps developing and performing then he's going to be a superb player. Obviously at the moment he's getting carried by a world class team so it'll be great to see when he can hold his own.

521456651_Screenshot2019-12-17at15_18_43.thumb.png.af5e7a2889cf03075dadde0fba88e240.png

4 hours ago, Ackter said:

Yeah it's going to be tough, you're going to need about 20 seasons of going the distance in every competition possible to hit the 1,000 - though luckily I believe the German league often has players come through at 14? Or is there an age limit?

They have regens at 14 but they can't play until they're 16/17 (depending on if their 17th birthday is before or after 1st Jan of the season you're in).

14 hours ago, Ackter said:

Ah that's not bad. Seems in England they're coming through at 17 and turning 18 before the end of their first season. I used to start players at 15 in previous versions.

I noticed in the Beta playing as Liverpool they were usually 17. I'm playing as Crewe and have had 16 year olds

Ok now this guy looks like a proper prospect. £19m on signing can't be a bad thing.

191335066_Screenshot2019-12-21at03_28_45.thumb.png.d1489288eecefc3a89625429aa9e5b2b.png

Straight into the team to replace a 34 year old Mbappe...

Slightly worried that two of my front 3 are now kids, but the third is one of the best players in the game and they're surrounded by brilliance everywhere else.

Season 2034/35 progress roundup:

• Kosic (25) - 317 apps
  • O'Neil (25) - 151 apps
  • Kavanagh (24) - 228 apps
  • Armando (32) - 526 apps
  • Kenneh (32) - 563 apps
  • Smith (23) - 121 apps
  • Bajic (27) - 302 apps
  • Voryllas (27) - 447 apps
  • O'Donnell (20) - 177 apps
  • Williams (17) - 70 apps

I'm a little underwhelmed by how many apps these players actually have at this point, I thought they'd be higher.

And Armando has called an end to his Newcastle career at the age of 35 after a staggering 746 appearances in 16 years. Could have kept going for a season or two more but wasn't interested in taking a pay cut to stay on. I'm not paying a 36 year old over 300k a week.

459958283_Screenshot2019-12-29at12_47_40.thumb.png.53c988b3e0baf5cbaa5485efe88e8fcd.png

• TOTAL: Incomplete

Several players who had a chance have also left the club without getting enough appearances to make it worthwhile adding them to the total.

This guy came through my youth ranks in League 1 and up until the end of last season, I always felt like I was persevering with him as the rest of the team had to carry him a bit, however, last season and this season he is our go to right winger... 20 years old and 107 appearances if you count the sub ons...

60c6a3cdea068867b7794f69caefb827.png

608e9c4a16b3e56518020ce5dc9e0c40.png

On 15/12/2019 at 20:07, Ackter said:

You'll need to count the appearances up yourself as I still don't think there's a place that just gives you the total.

FYI you can insert a column that shows total career appearances (so includes cups, europe etc. and not just league) so might save on counting up individual season totals.

Untitled.png

I'll try to do this with Brondby in Denmark. Although only having 32 league games can be an issue! 

Have one 17-year old who got 30 games in his first season - will post a screenshot later. 

I'm just finding consistency is very difficult this year. In the season I just finished i started winning 8 of 13 games and drew the last 5. In the last 19 games of the season I won 2 or 3. Same tactics, same players and no idea of what went wrong.... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/01/2020 at 16:59, KVJ92 said:

Here is the screenshot: 

SkcFxlF.png

and apps for first season:

NPogHEt.png

4 season in and he only has 130 apps.. My team has not been good enough to get into Europe each year. Hopefully going forward I will.
 I haven't won the league yet and I'm in the 7th season. Haven't gone that long without winning it before. Can't get that consistency.

On 12/01/2020 at 12:11, KVJ92 said:

4 season in and he only has 130 apps.. My team has not been good enough to get into Europe each year. Hopefully going forward I will.
 I haven't won the league yet and I'm in the 7th season. Haven't gone that long without winning it before. Can't get that consistency.

Going to pause this game after this season. I won the league at the end of the 7th season.   I'll now try this years dafuge challenge. Will start when I'm done with the current season with Brondby. Hopefully this will eventually give me someone to post here.. 

I believe Bagge has 170 apps and is 21/22. 

• 1 month later...
On 17/01/2020 at 10:44, KVJ92 said:

Going to pause this game after this season. I won the league at the end of the 7th season.   I'll now try this years dafuge challenge. Will start when I'm done with the current season with Brondby. Hopefully this will eventually give me someone to post here.. 

I believe Bagge has 170 apps and is 21/22. 

Update: 

I'm about to start my season in League One with Enfield. Still haven't gotten any youth players to post here but will do as soon as I get one I believe can do it :)

• 4 weeks later...

I've been watching this one periodically from a far for a while so thought I would get myself in order and start updating.

Few Disclaimers first:

• Playing FM19
  • Custom Built database on the Island of Sodor - basic league of 45 games, with 2 national cups (1 with legs, 1 without) and then qualification for Europe if successfull
  • I'm currently in 2041/42 season so it's fair to say that i have developed the nation a little bit - i wont go into the details of every challenge i am undertaking as this isn't the thread for this, but 1,000 appearances and 1,000 goals is something i am targetting
  • I am managing the Island of Sodor national side as well - think the San Marino challenge for this one and you'll get the concept.
  • I am exporting the data out at the end of the season so can track the games played under my management - i've so far managed 5 of the clubs out of 16 on the Islands - these appearances are across ALL clubs and national side - the condition is that I have been the manager for it to count.

The below is ALL appearances in either league, cup or Europe across the clubs i have managed them, and international games where applicable. If they are still playing i have included their profiles

1. GLK - Mauro Perez (35) - 822 games - my 1st great hope but has announced retirement at end of the season. He's been my no.1 across a host of clubs since he was 16, but i've lost 4 or 5 years when i have moved clubs before i could sign him
  2. RB - Jesus Beuno (21) - 183 - signed at 18 and despite being wanted by a few major clubs he's under contract for the next 3 seasons
  3. LB - Charlie Harvey - 288 (RET)
  4. DM - Emin Ari (20) - 133 - wanted by every major club under the sun, I face a battle to keep him beyond the end of his contract
  5. CD - Jay Hammond - 238 (RET)
  6. CD - Moses Daka (23) - 151 - sadly has started to fade from the side so unlikely to add too many more matches
  7. LM - Scott Jackson - 330 (RET)
  8. CM - Alberto Righi - 207 (RET)
  9. SC - Armando Broja - 333 (RET) - he got 214 goals and heads up that particular list
  10. SC - Samuel Adam (24) - 209 - goal machine, but at 24 possibly a tad too old to hit the 1000 - he has 166 goals for me and is 2nd in the all time list
  11. RM - Yoshifumi Mori (22) - 227 - major hope - insane at our level (39th best league in world...) and most importantly not wanted by anyone BIG - also could qualify for Island of Sodor by end of the season

I have a host of other players not in the list at the moment who i have hopes of having a serious attack on the numbers, but will update these as and when applicable. Any questions about the above, please just ask and i will update the relevant information at the end of each season.

Edited by KibworthBull
Photo's have been deleted so removed links

Season 2041/42 is done on the Island of Sodor - successful for the challenge (reached all domestic finals and had a decent run in Europa League)

1. GLK - Mauro Perez (RET) - 827 games - barely featured for club or country once i knew he was retiring, he did score his only goal of the save in his last international match - Goodbye my friend...
  2. RB - Jesus Beuno (22) - 234 - earned himself a recall to the US national side and a new extended contract
  3. LB - Charlie Harvey (RET) - 288
  4. DM - Emin Ari (21) - 185 - spent the majority of the season annoyed that i prevented him leaving before extending his contract until 2045
  5. CD - Jay Hammond (RET) - 238
  6. CD - Kane Morrison (20) - 146 - as prediction Moses Daka left the club during the season, so the next cab off the rank is Kane, who i signed at 16 as a great hope for this challenge as he had 5 star potential and was a Sodor national - sadly he hasn't quite developed enough and is now a squad player.
  7. LM - Scott Jackson (RET) - 330
  8. CM - Alberto Righi (RET) - 207
  9. SC - Armando Broja (RET) - 333
  10. SC - Samuel Adam (25) - 267 - another 50 game, 50 goal season for my Ghanian, he became my top scorer on the save as well so will hopefully be my first to 300 goals in the next couple of seasons
  11. RM - Yoshifumi Mori (23) - 290 - had a stonking year, Asian Player of the Year, 49 assists, scored his 50th goal for the club, and finished with an avge rating of 8.01

No significant changes year on year in my 11, i've got a LB on 195 games but he is now second choice behind a Brazilian 18yr old, and i've got 2 French Central Defenders who should be mentioned on the next update as both will overtake Morrison - just depends on which one leads.. I'm only targetting 18 year olds as i move forward so will pick up pace in the next 5 years.

Edited by KibworthBull

• 2 weeks later...

State of play at the end of 2042/43 season.

• GLK - Mauro Perez (RET) - 827 games
  • RB - Jesus Beuno (23) - 284 - a solid 50 games this season, one or two minor injuries checked progress
  • LB - Charlie Harvey (RET) - 288
  • DM - Emin Ari (22) - 233 - missed a few games at the start of the season through injury but these cleared up and managed 48
  • CD - Jay Hammond (RET) - 238
  • CD - Brandon Lefebvre (21) - 144 - there are a couple of Centre Backs ahead of him with more games, but neither are that realistic options. Brandon is young enough and more than good enough to play far higher than us.
  • LM - Scott Jackson (RET) - 330
  • CM - Alain Fritsch (21) - 168 - ok, so he is a LM actually but he is someone with a more than half decent chance of getting 1,000 games
  • SC - Armando Broja (RET) - 333
  • SC - Samuel Adam (25) - 320 - another 50 game, 50 goal season for my Ghanian, he has now 264 goals in these games and is a freaking machine for me.
  • RM - Yoshifumi Mori (24) - 290 - Finally a regular for Japan (yay) but that means he missed 8 weeks of the season to play in the Asian Games (boo..) - 52 games, only 38 assists

We are now qualifying directly for the Champions Leauge which is great for a financial point of view, but does remove a few games from the challenge.

Another year done on Sodor so another update

• GLK - Mauro Perez (RET) - 827 games
  • RB - Jesus Beuno (24) - 339 - the metronome, just keeps plodding along, 55 more games ticked off.
  • LB - Charlie Harvey (RET) - 288
  • DM - Emin Ari (23) - 284 - outside interest is waining now, so he should be mine until the end.
  • CD - Jay Hammond (RET) - 238
  • CD - Alex Parkin (22) - 196 - a solid 50 game season
  • LM - Scott Jackson (RET) - 330
  • CM - James Sheath (22) - 219 - player of the year, but most importantly another 50 gamer
  • SC - Armando Broja (RET) - 333
  • SC - Samuel Adam (26) - 366 - has reached 300 goals in the save as well but starting to drop off a little bit.
  • RM - Yoshifumi Mori (25) - 362 - broke his leg so only managed 16 games

Only put screenshots of "new" players (actually they are 2 that i have renamed..)

Based on the current rate of around 50 games per season, Ari and Beuno will be around 37 when they approach 1000 - that could be too old - if i can get the average to 60 then that brings the age down to 35 - much more achieveable. Realistically if i can ensure that these boys get 55 games a season then I will have a bunch of 36 year olds trying at the end! Maybe this is not possible...

• 7 months later...

Just to get this to the top! 

My plan is - once again - to try to get some players to 1.000 apps or more. I'm managing Morpeth in the dafuge challenge. So, it will take a while before I get anywhere near this.

13 minutes ago, KVJ92 said:

Just to get this to the top! 

My plan is - once again - to try to get some players to 1.000 apps or more. I'm managing Morpeth in the dafuge challenge. So, it will take a while before I get anywhere near this.

I'm on the youth challenge in England, and I think here's every possibility that I might not get promoted much, or ever, and therefore set a high number. 500 is probably more likely than 1,000, but with an average of 50 matches a season, I guess it's possible someone could play for 20 seasons.

My first intake's top prospect has the same surname as me, so there is the possibility of nepotism driving me forward. )He's not a son, though that would have been amazing in my first intake, not least because my manager was barely 22 at the time). I prefer to think of him as an unofficial nephew. Her son's career is the only thing keeping my big sister off the bottle.

I reached 593 last year, but @Fastbasher had a player reach 963; (in France, I think).

1 hour ago, vikeologist said:

I'm on the youth challenge in England, and I think here's every possibility that I might not get promoted much, or ever, and therefore set a high number. 500 is probably more likely than 1,000, but with an average of 50 matches a season, I guess it's possible someone could play for 20 seasons.

My first intake's top prospect has the same surname as me, so there is the possibility of nepotism driving me forward. )He's not a son, though that would have been amazing in my first intake, not least because my manager was barely 22 at the time). I prefer to think of him as an unofficial nephew. Her son's career is the only thing keeping my big sister off the bottle.

I reached 593 last year, but @Fastbasher had a player reach 963; (in France, I think).

I've never been anywhere close to 1.000. But, as I've done the last few years I'll give it a try. And I'm very determined to complete the dafuge and this challenge with Morpeth this year! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I normally do journeyman saves of some variety, but trying to maintain (at least one) long-term, single club save this year, which got me interested/curious about this...

My longest save last year was my Ultimate FM Challenge attempt. My most used player was almost certainly Bruno Portal. A young Portuguese striker I inherited at SL Benfica and brought to Liverpool when I took that position. He only made 366 appearances for me in seven seasons (4 and 3, respectively), but almost certainly cemented himself in my memory for life with his successes. 277 goals, 66 assists, and won everything there is to win at the club/national level. If I finished out his career, he'd almost certainly be the GOAT discussion. 

Anyways, on to FM21...

I'm currently managing HSV and have a couple (real) players that figure to rack up a lot of appearances for me, and some promising regens that might, if I stick it out with this save. Managing in Germany makes 1000 nearly impossible, so I've set my sights on Charly Körbel's 602 Bundesliga appearances (with Eintracht Frankfurt). 

Right now, my strongest candidate is Amadou Onana. A huge, incredibly athletic Belgian midfielder that I've been using primarily as a Mezzala, but plan to train to play all along the spine of my team for years to come. Early in my 4th season (3rd in Bundesliga) he's at about 120 appearances across competitions, and all going as planed, should be closing in 100 in the Bundesliga by season's end. He just turned 22. 

Edited by XuluBak