Any idea when the match engine will be updated ?

Hopefully soon, but not sure they will since i've seen several employees saying there's nothing wrong with the ME, instead blaming your tactics. I find their behaviour quite arrogant tbh. We paid a lot of money to play this game. In practically every FM forums people are complaining about the ME but SI doesn't seem to care.

il y a 5 minutes, akinozcan a dit :

I think there will be no ME patch until March hotfix. They published the 2.0 hotfix and took no action until March in the past years.

There is an important december update every year.

8 minutes ago, CharlesJohnsson said:

Hopefully soon, but not sure they will since i've seen several employees saying there's nothing wrong with the ME, instead blaming your tactics. I find their behaviour quite arrogant tbh. We paid a lot of money to play this game. In practically every FM forums people are complaining about the ME but SI doesn't seem to care.

Of course they do, the bugs have been acknowledged & they're trying to fix them 

8 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Yeah, that's Miles :D PR guy probably getting a bunch of abuse

Look on the bug boards, plenty of threads under review :thup:

He is so arrogant and shoot down the issue to sell more copies of his game. Hope it will be solved soon, but this might be my last year with Football Manager. 

9 minutes ago, Jesper9000 said:

He is so arrogant and shoot down the issue to sell more copies of his game. Hope it will be solved soon, but this might be my last year with Football Manager. 

As far as I know, that's his personal Twitter account so I wouldn't take it to heart 

42 minutes ago, CharlesJohnsson said:

I just don't understand how you can release a product that is not ready. Because the game is just unplayable. Maybe people that play FM for the first time will enjoy this game , but people who played FM for a longer period  all know that the match engine was way better before. So how is it possible that you make a worse engine then it was before ? It's like making you same exam twice , you know what to do but you get a lower grade.

23 minutes ago, Monkey2018 said:

I just don't understand how you can release a product that is not ready. Because the game is just unplayable. Maybe people that play FM for the first time will enjoy this game , but people who played FM for a longer period  all know that the match engine was way better before. So how is it possible that you make a worse engine then it was before ? It's like making you same exam twice , you know what to do but you get a lower grade.

I can't remember there ever being a version of FM where someone wasn't complaining about the ME for one reason or another - think if they waited until it was 'ready' as how some people try to define it, the game would never get released. It's not unplayable by any stretch. Either you play it and try to enjoy it for what it is or don't bother. 

Failing that just roll back the years and go CM mode by playing commentary only. :D 

18 minutes ago, Huey Lewis said:

I can't remember there ever being a version of FM where someone wasn't complaining about the ME for one reason or another - think if they waited until it was 'ready' as how some people try to define it, the game would never get released. It's not unplayable by any stretch. Either you play it and try to enjoy it for what it is or don't bother. 

Failing that just roll back the years and go CM mode by playing commentary only. :D 

So you enjoy these type of games ?
I think this is unfinished  product. Ofc there were bugs in FM18 and FM19 but not so extreme as this. 

Edit. 

And you last sentence is just the point. We buy a new version so we expect value for money and not that we need to go back to CM00/01 settings.

Edited by Monkey2018

Ah the internet. Where a twitter screen grab without any context is used to make a point or to criticize! What times we live in. I could probably cherry pick every single user's comments on here or twitter to make them seem bad. Do they not teach people how to use sources at school anymore? I hope this is not a thread that turns into people moaning incessantly about how people dare to tell them that every issue they face is not a bug. That sometimes - oh the horror! - they are to blame for losing a game.

Anyway, to the OP we do not know when, but there is almost always an update in December. There is zero point them rushing something out in any case. It is better than they feel they have fixed problems and produced a balanced ME. If they kept rushing out fixes, the bugs forum would quickly become a mess  of overlapping bugs from different versions of the game. Be patient, is all I can offer by way of advice.

8 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

Ah the internet. Where a twitter screen grab without any context is used to make a point or to criticize! What times we live in. I could probably cherry pick every single user's comments on here or twitter to make them seem bad. Do they not teach people how to use sources at school anymore? I hope this is not a thread that turns into people moaning incessantly about how people dare to tell them that every issue they face is not a bug. That sometimes - oh the horror! - they are to blame for losing a game.

Anyway, to the OP we do not know when, but there is almost always an update in December. There is zero point them rushing something out in any case. It is better than they feel they have fixed problems and produced a balanced ME. If they kept rushing out fixes, the bugs forum would quickly become a mess  of overlapping bugs from different versions of the game. Be patient, is all I can offer by way of advice.

Are you kidding me? The game has been unplayable since release, so no wonder people lose their patience. 

1 hour ago, Monkey2018 said:

Absolute nonsense 

44 minutes ago, Monkey2018 said:

So you enjoy these type of games ?
I think this is unfinished  product. Ofc there were bugs in FM18 and FM19 but not so extreme as this. 

Edit. 

And you last sentence is just the point. We buy a new version so we expect value for money and not that we need to go back to CM00/01 settings.

Out of interest, did you personally watch that match? I'd be interested what you found. I shared my own in there.

Apart of the 1vs1 defending which I cricitized also, and which this match highlights, another key reason Cologne managed to hang in on there was that despite all, Bayern didn't create anything on Target from central Areas of the box almost entirelly throughout. That's a lot of SOT, however the amount of them in central positions in space of the box is shocking; as they're almost entirelly set piece based Affairs (headers under pressure, etc.) I mean sure, there's also a missed Penalty and a few one on ones that could have resulted in another Goal, two. Still it's not as clear-cut as the simple stats would suggest. Actually, the one on ones that are deemed so unmissable, a good amount of them are taken from difficult angles also, which is due to the ME's defending flaws seeing guys Approach the Goal out wide so easily.

Edited by Svenc

Just now, Jesper9000 said:

Are you kidding me? The game has been unplayable since release, so no wonder people lose their patience. 

You are not going to like this, but here goes. If you think the game is unplayable, then it is something you are doing. There are issues in the ME that require attention, and are getting it. None of them are so bad the game cannot be played. Enjoyed, even. For example, I have had zero issues getting results in this match engine. Using a variety of styles of play. Of course, I understand sometimes I will lose, or have a game where I cannot break a defense down. I do not scream about bugs when this happens.

If I can do it, and if the AI can do it, then you can also do it.

5 minutes ago, sporadicsmiles said:

You are not going to like this, but here goes. If you think the game is unplayable, then it is something you are doing. There are issues in the ME that require attention, and are getting it. None of them are so bad the game cannot be played. Enjoyed, even. For example, I have had zero issues getting results in this match engine. Using a variety of styles of play. Of course, I understand sometimes I will lose, or have a game where I cannot break a defense down. I do not scream about bugs when this happens.

I cannot enjoy the game, when the final score depends on the output of 1v1 number no. 10 in the same game.  

1 hour ago, sporadicsmiles said:

If your tactic is that you will play counter attack through the middle with giving balls into space , then the game is unplayable. It has nothing to do with breaking a defense down or sometimes losing a game.  If your tactic is to get players one on one with the keeper then you will not win because of a bug. 

Notice how the OP didn't show his tactics, his striker's attributes (this player supposedly should be able to score 100% of his one on ones), the weather conditions, or any other information other than "if I don't do well the game is broken."

Edited by Ether_mR

54 minutes ago, Ether_mR said:

Notice how the OP didn't show his tactics, his striker's attributes (this player supposedly should be able to score 100% of his one on ones), the weather conditions, or any other information other than "if I don't do well the game is broken."

And you win the award of the stupidest comment, congrats !

Don't you even notice that I'm playing with Bayern Munich ? Oh no because you didn't read the post, just posted like a blind fanboy. My main striker is Lewandowski and he's not supposed to score 100% of his one on ones but MAYBE a little more than 10%, I guess ? And having 10 one on ones from long overball each game is not a problem, I guess ?
My tactics won me 3 Bundesliga and 2 Champions League but it must bad, I guess.

Have you seen me complaining on how I can't win in this game ? No because I DO win, and rather easily. My problem is the highly unrealistic match engine that can be summed up in 90% of impossible longballs followed by 90% of lost 1 on 1s.

6 minutes ago, Keegan22 said:

And you win the award of the stupidest comment, congrats !

Don't you even notice that I'm playing with Bayern Munich ? Oh no because you didn't read the post, just posted like a blind fanboy. My main striker is Lewandowski and he's not supposed to score 100% of his one on ones but MAYBE a little more than 10%, I guess ? And having 10 one on ones from long overball each game is not a problem, I guess ?
My tactics won me 3 Bundesliga and 2 Champions League but it must bad, I guess.

Have you seen me complaining on how I can't win in this game ? No because I DO win, and rather easily. My problem is the highly unrealistic match engine that can be summed up in 90% of impossible longballs followed by 90% of lost 1 on 1s.

You're not the OP

I'll hand the award back over to you now.

Edited by Ether_mR

2 hours ago, Jesper9000 said:

I cannot enjoy the game, when the final score depends on the output of 1v1 number no. 10 in the same game.  

You not being able to enjoy the game still doesn't make it unplayable. ;) I've got nearly 200 hours racked up on FM20 already, and enjoyed almost every minute of it (the except being a few last minute gutting losses and such, you know how it goes).