FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, want to hear a funny story? :)

Few days ago lisaFox from FM-Base sent me a personal message where he was saying that some guy named jonathansmith tweaked my tactic Fighter V1 and posted as his own tactic

Honestly, I didn't pay any attention to it because I find it's a normal thing to post tweaks of other people tactics and you don't have even ask permission for that

I'm talking about this tactic - https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/4231-ss-witcher-bring-the-wrath-of-geralt.162815/

But recently I had some free time to take a look at the thread and the tactic and I what I found was hillarius

When jonathansmith was questioned about whether his tactic is a tweak of my Fighter V1 tactic then here's what he answered:

https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/4231-ss-witcher-bring-the-wrath-of-geralt.162815/post-2479266

jona1.thumb.png.c58d905219c09c5a13dc88bd9b4568be.png

He said: "this tactic was built from the ground" :)

But if you download his tactic 4231 SS-WITCHER.fmf and inspect it then you'll see that jonathansmith was so lazy that he didn't bother himself of renaming the set pieces, they all are from Fighter V1 tactic

jona2.thumb.png.147a9bb36fdd9219445bb8e3a7657902.png

jona3.thumb.png.17d7ba964cb591548c9539845eb8e520.png

The most important thing that he not just imported my set pieces because if you try to import them on any tactic that is created from a scratch then they will be messed up and it means that he just took Fighter V1 and just tweaked it and here are tweaks he made:

- changed the PIs and Roles of the AML/AMR positions

- chanced the duty of WBL/WBR positions

- changed the duty of MCR position

- changed the position and role of MCL position

Having multiple accounts on FM-Base and here was a very inappropriate thing to do and I regret about what I done it's just when I was constantly seeing such behavior year by year at some moment I just freaked out and went down as low as the people who behave that way :(

3 hours ago, MAECK said:

really think it's lame that people should take all the credit for a tactic they haven't made at all. he seems to be laughing

I find he made enough tweaks to make it to be enough different from Fighter V1 but why lying that he's never saw Fighter V1 tactic and that he don't know about it existence? when he tweaked it and don't even bother change the name of the set pieces? :)

18 minutes ago, etelpmoc said:

Would someone recommend me a cheat tactic or something like that please ?

Hi mate,

I'd say there's no a cheat tactic in FM20 :) 

There are less effective tactic and more effective tactic in FM20

Your overachieving level always limited by the quality of your players

2 dakika önce, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

I'd say there's no a cheat tactic in FM20 :) 

There are less effective tactic and more effective tactic in FM20

Your overachieving level always limited by the quality of your players

So would you recommend a good tacitc then?

Edited by etelpmoc

9 minutes ago, etelpmoc said:

So would you recommend a good tacitc then?

I find Annihilator V1 is the most effective tactic at the moment but not all teams fit the tactic by default

Fighter V1 is less effective than Annihilator V1 but almost all teams fit Fighter V1 by default so you can use Fighter V1 until you build your team to fit Annihilator V1

Also, you can find Shield Wall tactic at the OP, I suggest using it during matches when you need to boost the defense

Also, every tactic has an "ultra" attacking version that can be used during matches to boost the attack but in cost of the defense

3 dakika önce, Totalfootballfan said:

I find Annihilator V1 is the most effective tactic at the moment but not all teams fit the tactic by default

Fighter V1 is less effective than Annihilator V1 but almost all teams fit Fighter V1 by default so you can use Fighter V1 until you build your team to fit Annihilator V1

Also, you can find Shield Wall tactic at the OP, I suggest using it during matches when you need to boost the defense

Also, every tactic has an "ultra" attacking version that can be used during matches to boost the attack but in cost of the defense

Currently I'm using anhilator, but it is not persistent for example I won against Real madrid and lost against the team which is 18th in league

1 minute ago, etelpmoc said:

Currently I'm using anhilator, but it is not persistent for example I won against Real madrid and lost against the team which is 18th in league

Mate, if you are new to FM then I can tell you that in this game you can win anyone with any team and you can lose to anyone with any team... single matches results aren't that important, the only what important is your standing at the end of the season and how it correlates with your media prediction before the season because as I said the quality of your players limits your results

hey tff

i really like the latest tactic and i know you do a lot of testing, but the other day i saw this guys thread

he has very impressive results with 3 cb formations, have you considered anything like that for your next tactic? it might be harder to make it plug and play but i would love if you could get a 3 cb formation to have similar results if not better than annihilator

1 minute ago, TacticSeeker said:

hey tff

i really like the latest tactic and i know you do a lot of testing, but the other day i saw this guys thread

he has very impressive results with 3 cb formations, have you considered anything like that for your next tactic? it might be harder to make it plug and play but i would love if you could get a 3 cb formation to have similar results if not better than annihilator

Hey mate,

I've tried every possible variations of 3CBs formations and in my tests it's never performed as effective as the recommended tactics at the OP.

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I've tried every possible variations of 3CBs formations and in my tests it's never performed as effective as the recommended tactics at the OP.

that's what i thought, was just hoping you had something secret in the works

is there anything new that you're working on that might perform better?

3 minutes ago, TacticSeeker said:

that's what i thought, was just hoping you had something secret in the works

is there anything new that you're working on that might perform better?

Mate, I always try something but I'd say that after almost 5 months of playing FM20(about 1500+ hours played) the chances of finding something that will be the next level performance is near to zero :)

fm-played-time.thumb.png.74d21c1094352523f009cb1f138c43b0.png

2 minutes ago, lipebtavares said:

TFF 

Which underdog team fits the Annihilator V1

Is there a?

In my tests Annihilator gives my the best result with strong teams and weak teams but for the tactic you need attacking midfielders for AMCL/AMCR and Wingers for ML/MR and not every team has them by default so in most cases it requires rebuilding teams to fit the tactic

Hey tff, 

I wanted to ask which teamtalk routine do you use or do you maybe have your own? I found artisans guide for fm 2017, seems pretty good. And do you use any shouts for your tactics and if you use which? Do you think they change tactics mentality when used or not? Thanks

Hi guys 

First of all, I would like to congratulate TotalFootballfan for his great work on the game.

Throughout the same saved game I always used the Ceber V3 and Fury V1 and shield tactic. Killer combo!!!!

Started the game unemployed.

Teams managed between 2019-2027

1. Olympiakos - Greece - 1 season in charge 

- Took charge of Olympiakos in October 2019 at 4th place.

- End of season results -   We won the Greek League and Greek Cup.

- End of season I resigned - June 2020

2. Wolves - 3.5 seasons in charge 

- Remained unemployed up until i was offered the Wolves job.

- Took charge of  Wolves in November 2020 at 11th place. ( Season 20/21)

- Season 20/21 - ended up at 6th place.

- Season 21/22 - ended up at 5th place and won the Europa League

- Season 22/23 - ended up winning the Premier League - Champions!!!! and the FA Cup.

- Season 23/24 - Finished 2nd - 1 point behind Liverpool!!! and won just the Community Shield.

- End of Season 23/24 - I resigned and again unemployed.

3. Everton - 3 seasons in charge 

- Remained unemployed up until January 2024.

- Season 24/25 - January 2024 offered the Everton job - ended up at 10th place( club was in relegation places when i was offered the job)

- Season 25/26 - Second season brought in players that suit the tactic.  ended up winning the Premier League 3 more points than Liverpool

- Season 26/27 - Third Season with Everton won the league with only 1 defeat and won the community Shield.

Important points:

- get good coaching staff and assistant manager 

- get players that suit the tactic - very important 

- praise your players 

- training - Assistant manager 

- focus was on winning the leagues as for cups and CL I always fully rotated the squad.

- as for the tactics used as recommended by TOTALFOOTBALLFAN - no changes 

- tactics used CEBER V3, FURY V1 and shield 

*Olympiakos and Wolves pics taken while in charge of Everton.

Thank you TotalFootballFan good work on the tactics!

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 18.18.17.png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 18.18.32.png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 18.18.45.png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 18.19.23.png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 18.19.39.png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 18.22.33.png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 19.15.29.png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 19.16.48.png

Screenshot 2020-03-25 at 19.24.05.png

22 minutes ago, TacticSeeker said:

tff sorry to ask this but i want to understand how you compare certain players better

can you show me how you would line up barcelona since i have a few questions about the squad that i need you to answer, and easy way is to see who you prefer where

Hi,

I would line up Barca for Annihilator tactic this way:

barca-annihilator.thumb.png.a45a4671b10caaf12e5f81b8342d750d.png

3 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

I would line up Barca for Annihilator tactic this way:

barca-annihilator.thumb.png.a45a4671b10caaf12e5f81b8342d750d.png

ok now some squad building questions if you don't mind since i like to know how you think about the tactic

are you not worried about the speed of pique or is lenglet too worse in other areas? i am buying a CB either way

if you were going to make transfers, would you play griezzman and suarez  at AMC and look for a right winger and play dembele left, or would you keep griezman on left wing and buy an amc?

would you sell busquets and use arthur/de jong at DM? busquets is very slow and isn't as mobile as de jong or arthur

2 minutes ago, TacticSeeker said:

are you not worried about the speed of pique or is lenglet too worse in other areas? i am buying a CB either way

Yes, Pique is a bit slow and Lenglet would be better choice but Lenglet has "Weak" rating for the right foot but a lot of passes from the GK goes to the right central defender so it's important for the right central defender to be capable of starting attacks and to do that he must have "Very Strong" rating for the right foot

2 minutes ago, TacticSeeker said:

if you were going to make transfers, would you play griezzman and suarez  at AMC and look for a right winger and play dembele left

That sounds as a good idea to me

11 minutes ago, TacticSeeker said:

would you sell busquets and use arthur/de jong at DM? busquets is very slow and isn't as mobile as de jong or Arthur

I would not say that speed is crucially important for the DM position in Annihilator tactic, of course, it would be nice if Busquets was a bit faster but his other abilities are just monstrous for the DM position so I would ignore his slowness :) but hi is not getting young every year and after few season he'll become even slower so de Jong and Athur should do well as the DLP

Has there been an update or something ?

Been using Cerber V3 and its been amazing, flown up the leagues and was dominating league one, only a few games left and ive suddenly out of nowhere lost 6 on the bounce.

Just wondered if there was an update as getting very odd results out of nowhere.....

18 hours ago, voja94 said:

Hey tff, 

I wanted to ask which teamtalk routine do you use or do you maybe have your own? I found artisans guide for fm 2017, seems pretty good. And do you use any shouts for your tactics and if you use which? Do you think they change tactics mentality when used or not? Thanks

Hey mate,

Questions about teamtalks and shouts have been answered many times in this thread... I suggest searching for it :)

1 minute ago, Bcfclee27 said:

Has there been an update or something ?

Been using Cerber V3 and its been amazing, flown up the leagues and was dominating league one, only a few games left and ive suddenly out of nowhere lost 6 on the bounce.

Just wondered if there was an update as getting very odd results out of nowhere.....

Nope, there hasn't been any update... it was just regular FM randomness :) 

The better your team compared with your opponents the less randomness you have 

Hi everyone, 

I would like to ask a question which is not related to tactics here, but would like to some opinions.

I would like to know whats the best way to play fm so that you dont get bored.The problem i am facing these days is that if i pick a decent team , i end up winning everything(after using tff tactics that is ) after a few years and then the game seems boring, there being no challenge.

I dont like journeyman mode as it would mean that i would win with every club after some seasons.

I usually play with city(strongest club in game i feel) and ill win everything in two seasons, if i pick for eg everton, then ill win everything after like 5years.Should i start really low like pick some team from the third or fourth tier(but i feel i will end in the same path after say 8seasons). 

Would love to get tff`s opinion too.

1 hour ago, Zz said:

Hi everyone, 

I would like to ask a question which is not related to tactics here, but would like to some opinions.

I would like to know whats the best way to play fm so that you dont get bored.The problem i am facing these days is that if i pick a decent team , i end up winning everything(after using tff tactics that is ) after a few years and then the game seems boring, there being no challenge.

I dont like journeyman mode as it would mean that i would win with every club after some seasons.

I usually play with city(strongest club in game i feel) and ill win everything in two seasons, if i pick for eg everton, then ill win everything after like 5years.Should i start really low like pick some team from the third or fourth tier(but i feel i will end in the same path after say 8seasons). 

Would love to get tff`s opinion too.

hello mate. well tbh you don't have much choice but pick team from lower league and lead them to top division and trophys.

28 minutes ago, pollackattack said:

getting dicked over alot by long balls behind my wing backs, then cross and score. any remedy for that? using annihilator v1

Change mentality according to the flow of the match. I noticed that if you play with "positive" all the time, you're getting FMed sometimes. Once I started to adapt the mentality during the match, I only win.

1 hour ago, manidaro7 said:

@Totalfootballfan could you add in the OP the screams from the sideline to use? in this way you give us users the opportunity to find them immediately without going back to the discussions, thank you very much!

Hi,

Recently during testing I found some important stuff about Touch Shouts... I'll add more info about it a bit latter

Touchline Shouts

Guys, I find that Touchline Shouts are important thing and a proper use of Touchline Shouts might significantly boost your results.

First of all, make sure that you don't delegate the Touchline Shouts to your assistant manager:

delegate-touchline-shouts.thumb.png.0f59a65fd29beaeb395f440b6f9ea809.png

When you are "Drawing":

When you are drawing during a match I suggest using "Get Creative" Shout by cooldown ( as frequent as you can )

touchline-shout-1.png.f085a8258389075919e7d52efbb2e8c5.png

The purpose of using it is getting as many "Inspired by the feedback" Body Language reaction as possible

touchline-shout-2.thumb.png.ad35def2904e9ea171bb0172829281ea.png

When you are "Winning"

When you are winning during a match I suggest using "Praise" Shout by cooldown ( as frequent as you can )

touchline-shout-3.thumb.png.85a7b7f817185b37df29aae3f31e7eef.png

The purpose of using it is getting as many "Fired up by the feedback" Body Language reaction as possible

touchline-shout-5.thumb.png.83769610392e178fd8f9f11566d4c957.png

When you are "Losing": 

When you are losing during a match I suggest using "Show Some Passion" Shout by cooldown ( as frequent as you can )

touchline-shout-4.thumb.png.4daab37959e8526c305d8a8699a5fab2.png

The purpose of using it is getting as many "Fired up by the feedback" Body Language reaction as possible

touchline-shout-5.thumb.png.83769610392e178fd8f9f11566d4c957.png

A short video how the Touchline Shouts work:

A little report on my progress using Raptor V4 with Inter Milan, eight seasons completed with a very good squad, still missing that Mbappe class of player to win multiple consecutive CL titles and breaking other records such as becoming invincible in the league = not losing once.

2019-2020 season:

- Serie A Champions

- 31 wins, 5 draws, 2 loses, 89 goals scored 27 conceded, 62+ goal difference.

2020-2021 season

- 2nd place in the league

- 24 wins, 10 draws, 4 loses, 89 goals scored, 30 conceded, 59+ goal difference

2021-2022 season

- Serie A Champions

32 wins, 3 draws, 3 loses, 108 goals scored, 23 conceded, 85+ goal difference

2022-2023 season

- Serie A Champions

34 wins, 2 draws, 2 loses, 122 goals scored, 18 conceded, 104+ goal difference

2023-2024 season

- Serie A Champions

34 wins, 3 draws, 1 loss, 101 goals scored, 24 conceded, 77+ goal difference.

2024-2025 season

- Serie A Champions

35 wins, 1 draw, 2 loses, 111 goals scored, 17 conceded, 94+ goal difference

2025-2026 season

- Serie A Champions

32 wins, 4 draws, 2 loses, 117 goals scored , 21 conceded, 96+ goal difference

2026-2027 ( my best ever season )

- Quadruple winners, Super Cup, Italian Cup, League & Champions League winners

35 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss, 117 goals scored 16 conceded, 101+ goal difference

Summary: It took me 8 seasons to achieve 95% of what I wanted to achieve which was the quadruple, the only thing I want to achieve now is an invincible season (without losing for those who don't know what invincible means. I reached 5 CL finals in 6 years winning two of them, the ones that I lost were very very unlucky, 2 final loses were on penalties to Arsenal & Liverpool. I reached #1 in the world as the most reputable team in the world and got offered the National team job with Italy, I'm currently in the Semi-Finals of the Nations League vs England. 

My profile stats: 448 games played, 359 wins, 44 draws and 45 loses. 1,221 goals scored, 302 goals conceded, 919+ goal difference, win percentage is 80%

Note: I don't micro-manage my team, meaning when the games are played I do my instructions then I leave the game to play by itself while I watch TV, maybe if I micro-managed my team I wouldn't lose once, but I don't like to look at the screen 24-7 when I'm playing if that makes sense.

Edited by delaneytomlinson

Fired by Roma board for being knocked out of Europa League and Italian Cup despite leading Serie A by 6 pts with 9 games to play! FM is good at representing awful ownership.

Annihilator is a great tactic, let down by some (very few) away games being caught on the counter, despite starting on Balanced mentality.

Going to see how it does with Man Utd now.

image.thumb.png.01ed9dc91800a54331ea71ed291ee8df.png

51 minutes ago, manidaro7 said:

@Totalfootballfan how often would it be right to give the team instructions from the sidelines?

I suggest doing it as often as you can

51 minutes ago, manidaro7 said:

in case of red card what should be done?

For the Annihilator tactic if I got a red and I was losing then I would removed one of the AMCs and If I was winning then I removed one of the AMCs and moved other AMC to the MC position and change his duty to Support