FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

it's much easier overachving in low reputation leagues than in high reputation leagues because in low reputation leagues the AI managers are not that "smart" compared with the AI managers in high rep leagues, also, the quality of players in top teams and in bottom teams aren't much different in lower league then it can be in top leagues.

For example, in a very low reputation league it's possible to pick the weakest team in the league and you still have a good chances to win the league with Cerber V3 tactic but if you pick the weakest team in English Premier League or La Liga then you have extremely low chances to win the league.

Also, when you just appeared in La Liga with your team then you had the lowest reputation in the league and the AI managers didn't take you seriously and it greatly helped to punish them and overachieving even more than you should but when you finished in Champions League spot with your newly promoted team then your reputation skyrocketed and in the next season the AI managers started to take you very seriously which greatly increased the difficulty playing against them.

I don't see there's any gamebreaking tactic in FM20 that gives you only wins with any team in any league so tactics are limited what they can you do.

For example, when you play in a top league such English Premier League or La Liga and your team is predicted to finish 13th then with average tactic you might finish as high as 8th place and with a very good tactic you might finish as high as 3rd place, of course, everything is possible and there's still  a chances of winning the league with the weakest team and the worst tactic but such chances is extremely low.

A good tactic just helps you to do better than your media prediction and the better your tactic, the high overachieving level it gives you and but difficult of your league decreases this overachieving level so it varies depends on the reputation of your league.

I can say Cerber V3 tactic gives me the best overachieving level at the moment and if you think that it doesn't give you enough overachieving level with your team then you can send me your save at the end of the season and I'll try to help you.  

I very much appreciate the response.  I suppose I hadnt really thought of it that way... despite my media predictions still being fairly low, I see your point about reputation.  The teams reputation rose the most out of any team in Europe!  I'll battle on with it and hope to slowly build a better squad over the years that can help with AI. :-)  Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, Boris Dollar said:

I very much appreciate the response.  I suppose I hadnt really thought of it that way... despite my media predictions still being fairly low, I see your point about reputation.  The teams reputation rose the most out of any team in Europe!  I'll battle on with it and hope to slowly build a better squad over the years that can help with AI. :-)  Thanks again.

Mate, also here's a small tip... If you want to find out the strength of you team, specifically, where it stands compared with other teams in the league then look at the table below just before the 1st match of the season because at this moment all teams in the league are order purely by the average CA of their players and there's no point to look at this table during a season because it starts taking into consideration your current standing in the table so it orders the teams in the league by their average CA just before the 1st match of a season

ca-ranking.thumb.png.c63a0468d9c426b3cea164120146275a.png 

High TFF! Great job!

I just wonder why individual training focus is different from the tactical role they play. There's individual role familarity  which can be shown in the individual trainning menu. Does it impair the role familarity by trainning a AF into CF? 

1 hour ago, yuchd said:

I just wonder why individual training focus is different from the tactical role they play. 

Hey,

I find it improves more useful attributes for the position that way

1 hour ago, yuchd said:

There's individual role familarity  which can be shown in the individual trainning menu. Does it impair the role familarity by trainning a AF into CF? 

I would not bother with that I don't find it makes any difference

1 hour ago, Egwee said:

Hi TFF If I change my advance forward role to complete forward role it will affect your tactic cerber v3 ?

Ehm this is not the first or last time a simular question was asked lad but as tff said all roles are optimized and nothing should be tweaked (unless you want the tactic to do worse than what it does).

image.thumb.png.4e3408c3f9c9dfbdd326e236686473ff.png

Edited by magicnut

Had to share my 1st season with Watford using the combo of: Cerber V3, Shield Wall and Fury!

CD36E57AE58CD3F2F68760D9046BA3A604F7C3D0

370833DE6505356AC01D9DA2F1C14F8134A43855

Played my team like this, Tff one question please.

My fullbacks did bad this season, maybe because they are slow? What type of fullbacks we need for this tatic?

You did amazing with this tatitcs! good job!

Edited by Pedrito

40 minutes ago, Cristindiho said:

Struggling with the new tactic. Not getting anywhere near the same results as Destroyer for some reason. Tried this tactic with Arsenal and Leicester and has been very up and down.

i'm playing Leicester, it's 3rd season but not that much has changed in team. i'm sitting 3rd after 22 games. you must buy ML or MR (Antony is good and cheap) as only Barnes is doing decent on wings. don't suggest with game claiming that Maddison can play on left wing, he's quite bad there.

Edited by fmjonek

Afternoon TFF, 

Just a quick one, it may have been asked before so apologies in advance. 

I'm going to start a Spurs save later, going to use Cerber & also Shield Wall for when I need to hang on to a result. Is there any tactic recommended for away games/tough games vs Top 6? Or any instructions to be changed?

Thanks

1 minute ago, EriksenSpurs said:

Afternoon TFF, 

Just a quick one, it may have been asked before so apologies in advance. 

I'm going to start a Spurs save later, going to use Cerber & also Shield Wall for when I need to hang on to a result. Is there any tactic recommended for away games/tough games vs Top 6? Or any instructions to be changed?

Thanks

start every game with Cerber v3 and if you need/can push more switch to Fury v1

2 minutes ago, EriksenSpurs said:

When you say push, you meant drawing/losing and needing a goal? So it makes it more attacking?

Cheers

yes and yes plus when you feel like you're strong enough to push without bad consequences.

3 hours ago, Pedrito said:

Played my team like this, Tff one question please.

My fullbacks did bad this season, maybe because they are slow? What type of fullbacks we need for this tatic?

You did amazing with this tatitcs! good job!

Hi mate,

I'm glad to hear it works good for you!

For Cerber V3 you need regular wing-backs, of course, quickness for wing-backs is a very useful skill :)

7 hours ago, ttsd said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan could you recommend some players suitable for Cerber V3. Especially for the AF which couldn't score a lot in my square. I have used Guiri, Selk and Edouad.

Hey mate,

I don't know what team you manage and how further you in your save so it might be that some strikers greatly developed and some strikers greatly deteriorated in your save but as things stand in the 1st season here's a list of strikers for Cerber V3 tactic ordered by CA

strikers-cerberv3.thumb.png.8258ee3046425e3f2c37a62383761fb3.png

13 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

@magicnutt

I saw your most recent post, I don't think changing player roles effects tactic efficiency because I'm using inverted wingers instead of a left footer on ML and I broke many records in my 4th season.

Lad..Your argument for this is just plane rediculous.

It is obvious that changing roles reduces the efficiency.Efficiency is measured in fixed conditions where it is estimated how much can be squeezed out of the tactic given a certain lvl of players.

4th season you can have a squad better than barcelona. and also what makes you presume you wont be setting higher records with the original tactic?

tff tested various roles and combinations in fixed ca/morale/condition settings and objectively what he came up with is best therefore yes it does reduce efficiency.

If you think you came up with something more efficient lets post your tweak here and lets test on fmarena until then 😴😪

Hey TFF, you were kind enough to make a video of Cerber V3 for me. I was hoping when you get a min would you be able to do the same for Fury and Shield wall? Unless there is a way for me to download them? Bare in mind that I play on iPad and have no laptop. If you are able to make the videos I would be very grateful. I’m very excited to use Shield wall it’s much needed for me, I concede a lot in last few mins! I got relegated with Burton in the end. I’ve now moved to Crystal Palace but am only mid table. Could do with using the other tactics to sharpen up my game! 

Thank you mate 😊

28 minutes ago, Yates626 said:

Hey TFF, you were kind enough to make a video of Cerber V3 for me. I was hoping when you get a min would you be able to do the same for Fury and Shield wall? Unless there is a way for me to download them? Bare in mind that I play on iPad and have no laptop. If you are able to make the videos I would be very grateful. I’m very excited to use Shield wall it’s much needed for me, I concede a lot in last few mins! I got relegated with Burton in the end. I’ve now moved to Crystal Palace but am only mid table. Could do with using the other tactics to sharpen up my game! 

Thank you mate 😊

Hey,

The only difference between Fury v1 and Cerber V3 is:

- "Attacking" Mentality instead of "Positive"

- "Much Higher D-Line" instead of "Standard"

- "Slightly More Direct Passing" instead of "Direct Passing"

and that's all...

I'll add a video that show Shield Wall tactic a bit later

12 hours ago, magicnutt said:

Lad..Your argument for this is just plane rediculous.

It is obvious that changing roles reduces the efficiency.Efficiency is measured in fixed conditions where it is estimated how much can be squeezed out of the tactic given a certain lvl of players.

4th season you can have a squad better than barcelona. and also what makes you presume you wont be setting higher records with the original tactic?

tff tested various roles and combinations in fixed ca/morale/condition settings and objectively what he came up with is best therefore yes it does reduce efficiency.

If you think you came up with something more efficient lets post your tweak here and lets test on fmarena until then 😴😪

It didn't reduce efficiency on my save at all hope this helps.

5 hours ago, delaneytomlinson said:

It didn't reduce efficiency on my save at all hope this helps.

Well as said you trying to pretend it didn't and it actually didn't is two different things and I don't see any evidence of the latter. :herman::applause::lol::stop::lock:

A new tactic has been added to the OP

The individual training focus has been updated for all tactics

FIGHTER V1

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:

-- AMR : Right Foot – Very Strong 

-- AML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

"Comes Deep To Get Ball" is a negative PPM for AMC and MCL position

FM20-ME2039-Fighter-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.a705e352148b415a28781356754b1fd3.png

Guys, this tactic is less efficient than Cerber V3 but it uses AML/AMR positions and I know there many fans of such tactics so I decided to share the best what I managed to get with AML/AMR positions   

6 minutes ago, HeavyPunch said:

i suppose fighter 1 is about 10% less efficient compare to cerber V3? and in defensive department perhaps?

Mate, honestly I don't want even try to give any numbers because it's extremely hard task :) ... I can only say that Fighter V1 is less efficient than Cerber V3

I know there are a lot of people who like to play with 4231 formation or with a formation AML/AMR positions no matter what and I decided to share the best what I managed to get from these kind tactics

23 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey mate,

I don't know what team you manage and how further you in your save so it might be that some strikers greatly developed and some strikers greatly deteriorated in your save but as things stand in the 1st season here's a list of strikers for Cerber V3 tactic ordered by CA

strikers-cerberv3.thumb.png.8258ee3046425e3f2c37a62383761fb3.png

23 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Here's a list of some AMCs for Cerber V3 (ordered by CA)

amcs-cerberv3.thumb.png.e35cebe2730008b21b71e1861c4e3124.png

Fin

Hi LEGEND,

Can you please share with us your methode to remove completely insuitable players for every position and to get such lists of players?? So i can use the same way in lower leagues.

Thank you 

37 minutes ago, MAECK said:

will Bruno Fernandes be able to play AMC?

Yes, he suites well the AMC position in Cerber tactic

12 minutes ago, kidmiz said:

Fin

Hi LEGEND,

Can you please share with us your methode to remove completely insuitable players for every position and to get such lists of players?? So i can use the same way in lower leagues.

Thank you 

Hey mate,

Let's take the striker in Cerber V3 tactic, I know what job he is supposed to do on the pitch during matches and I pick such strikers that have a proper CA allocation to do that job well:

- the striker must be fast to be able outpace the opposition defenders so Acceleration and Pace are important attributes

- the striker runs with ball a lot during matches so Dribbling is a important attribute

- the striker must react quicker than the opposition defenders so Anticipation is an important attribute

- the striker he must pick a better position than the opposition defenders so Off The Ball is an important attributes

- the striker must be able to convert his scoring chances so Finishing, Composure, Concentration, Decisions are important attributes

- the striker should have a good technique so Technique and First Touch are important attributes

- the striker should press the opposition and chase through ball so Work Rate is an important attribute

I just use the method above for each position to find suitable players for it in specific CA ranges