FM20 Tactics by TFF

14 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

@Totalfootballfan Any pre-ranking after the tests you've done this far?

the difference between the lest efficient tactic and the most efficient tactic will be about 25-30% and in order to rank the tactics I need to test each tactic about 1000 matches in my tactic testing league... at the moment I'm trying the tactics in the normal game in order to be sure that my previous tests in the tactic testing league were reliable

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Totalfootballfan Hello mate, long term admirer and user of your tactics, finally decided to make an account and come out of the shell. Thank you for your amazing work you do for the community! I started a new save for Man Utd with the updated winter transfers, which tactic would you recommend? I have Bruno fernandes and Odion Ighalo in my squad and Ashley young is off to Inter.

Thank you again!

9 minutes ago, Olivercho said:

@Totalfootballfan Hello mate, long term admirer and user of your tactics, finally decided to make an account and come out of the shell. Thank you for your amazing work you do for the community! I started a new save for Man Utd with the updated winter transfers, which tactic would you recommend? I have Bruno fernandes and Odion Ighalo in my squad and Ashley young is off to Inter.

Thank you again!

HI mate,

Thank for good words!

I would go for Phoenix V4 and Punisher V2 would be my backup plan

46 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

HI mate,

Thank for good words!

I would go for Phoenix V4 and Punisher V2 would be my backup plan

Will give it a try and let u know how it goes, thanks.

Two questions.

1. Would you say one of those for home and the other one for away or just depending on who im facing and team selection?

2. Would you play Bruno fernandes or Rashford as SS on PunisherV2?

10 minutes ago, Olivercho said:

Will give it a try and let u know how it goes, thanks.

Two questions.

1. Would you say one of those for home and the other one for away or just depending on who im facing and team selection?

2. Would you play Bruno fernandes or Rashford as SS on PunisherV2?

I suggest starting all matches with Phoenix V4 tactic and during the matches after the 1st half make a decision about keep using Phoenix V4 tactic or switching for Punisher V2

8 minutes ago, RossGib900 said:

Would it make much difference to swap attack to LB and support to RB?

Do you mean can you mirror the IWBs ? If so then yes... you can mirror them

37 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I suggest starting all matches with Phoenix V4 tactic and during the matches after the 1st half make a decision about keep using Phoenix V4 tactic or switching for Punisher V2

So should i switch to punisher if im losing or if im winning? Which one is more attacking?

1 hour ago, danstam said:

Which tactic fits Chelsea best? Struggling to choose between Punisher and Raider... many players fit both MC and AMC roles.

1 hour ago, White Europe said:

Are You planning to SIM raider tactic?

Ehhh… the result isn't impressive :(, it has incredible defense but it lack attacking power... I would prefer Phoenix V4 over Raider V4

I'll remove Raider V4 tactic from the OP until further investigations

Chelsea, predicted 3rd

Raider v4

A sim test of the 1st season

The Morale and Conditions were frozen by FMRTE for all teams in the league

Raider-v4-chelsea-1.thumb.png.832d362ae88e94ee15edc3a243eea204.png

Raider-v4-chelsea-2.thumb.png.2f9afb5a581d625376c771c54dea10e0.png

Raider-v4-chelsea-3.thumb.png.846b5f09b3e3a92c12f70b48119855bd.png

6 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Ehhh… the result isn't impressive :(, it has incredible defense but it lack attacking power... I would prefer Phoenix V4 over Raider V4

Chelsea, predicted 3rd

Raider v4

Best defensive record in Premier League history? I’d take that. 

So is Phoenix better than Punisher in general?

Edited by danstam

6 minutes ago, danstam said:

Best defensive record in Premier League history? I’d take that. 

So is Phoenix better than Punisher in general?

At the moment I find that the most efficient way to play is starting matches with Phoenix V4 and then during game make a decision keep using it or switching for Punisher V2/Stinger V1  

19 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Chelsea, predicted 3rd

Raider v4

Raider-v4-chelsea-2.thumb.png.2f9afb5a581d625376c771c54dea10e0.png

Raider-v4-chelsea-3.thumb.png.846b5f09b3e3a92c12f70b48119855bd.png

Possibly a useful tactic away from home vs stronger sides, or a good base tactic for a 'underdog' side though?

6 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

@Totalfootballfan would you start with Punisher, Phoenix or another one as standard/starting formation?

Mate, as I said few posts above at the moment I find that the most efficient way to play is starting matches with Phoenix V4 and then during game make a decision keep using it or switching for Punisher V2/Stinger V1  

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, as I said few posts above at the moment I find that the most efficient way to play is starting matches with Phoenix V4 and then during game make a decision keep using it or switching for Punisher V2/Stinger V1  

Didn't see that. There are so many posts, that the topic is confusing sometimes, but thanks ;) 

Edited by Ninodebest

3 minutes ago, santiago_staiger said:

Uffff... i went really good with Destroyer in my Sassuolo in beta me. I just wanna know if its efficiency still being so well in the new me. Thanks. I am really scared to change the tactics right now

the public beta had different ME than the current patch, Destroyer is significantly less efficient on the current patch so I removed it from the OP 

42 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

At the moment I find that the most efficient way to play is starting matches with Phoenix V4 and then during game make a decision keep using it or switching for Punisher V2/Stinger V1  

Do you switch just based on whether you are winning or losing, or if you also want to dominate more?

6 minutes ago, danstam said:

Do you switch just based on whether you are winning or losing, or if you also want to dominate more?

it would depend on the strength of my team, the strength of my opponent and the current score... sometimes you are happy to get a draw and it doesn't make sense to go for more attack and weaken your defensive 

5 minutes ago, rlemos said:

TFF, do you have an idea when you should replace a player?

Let's say u would replace a player if he has less then 75% condition? Or you think a player should be replaced because he is having a hard time?

I replace players only because of his low conditions and depends on the situation I decide to "fresh" the attack or the defense, usually, I start making subs around 65 min of a match

8 hours ago, bartolomeoFC said:

Hey TFF, is "comes deep to get ball" PPM a negative in Phoenix too?

Yes, but it's less important now

7 hours ago, MrGizMo said:

Any reason why you are deleting tactics?

I'm putting them under a spoiler at the bottom of the OP... I see point only in sharing really "special" tactic and I don't see point in sharing average tactics 

6 hours ago, earthomac1 said:

Hi Mr.TFF I have a question In Fmrte  how to freeze The Morale and Conditions  for all teams in the league I'm quite new here Thx in advanceXD

first of all, using the filters select all players in the division you play and then heal them all, inspire them all and remove bans from them all then using the filters select all clubs in the division you play and freeze all players... Also, every time you load that game save you need to check if the "freezing" works properly because sometimes if starts works incorrectly it stops "freezing" some players and you need to reaload the game save or restart the game.

Guys, I just want to show you some stuff that will be useful to know :)

Here's one of my sim test with Chelsea when I used Phoenix V4 tactic

As you can I got 94 pts, scored 67 goals and conceded 22 goals

phoenix-sim-1.thumb.png.4a86faad0215e11a45cf6e0c5c74abaf.png

Now here's my other sim test with Chelsea when I use the same Phoenix V4 tactic

As you can see this time I got only 61 pts, scored only 45 goals and conceded 33 goals

phoenix-sim-2.thumb.png.3f68399f660022c70b191dfb2f058320.png

I sim in FM Touch so it means there no Team Talks, no Shouts, no Briefings which could add additional randomness when you play in the full game

Also I use FMRTE that freezes the morale and condition for all players in the league which mean there's no random injuries, no random poor morale after bad run

And still as you can the results varies about 30%

Could you imagine what randomness you can get it real game? When you can have injuries, poor morale and you have to rotate you team?

At the moment FM20 is very random and you need to be ready for it :D

13 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

@Totalfootballfan just wondering which of these tactics will work in lower league looking a for a long term project 

I'd say all tactics work better in lower leagues than in top leagues because the AI managers in lower leagues are much less "smart" than the AI managers in the top league and it's much easier to win in lower leagues 

30 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

After some consideration I've decided to bring back Raider V4 tactic to the OP, it can be very useful tactic in times when you want to play very defensively

Well, I had very good results with Raider V4, changing it to Phoenix V2 when loosing or not scoring... (rarely necessary)

just wanted to comment your previous post about „special tactics“... because I thin raider v4 is one of those tactics...

5 minutes ago, Kolle69 said:

Well, I had very good results with Raider V4, changing it to Phoenix V2 when loosing or not scoring... (rarely necessary)

just wanted to comment your previous post about „special tactics“... because I thin raider v4 is one of those tactics...

I agree I was too harsh on Raider :)  and I'd say it can be even better than Phoenix V4