FM20 Tactics by TFF

7 minutes ago, rlemos said:

how would you use those tactics?

I find that Phoenix - Attacking and Executioner tactics aren't suitable for the base/starting tactic because they are too attacking and they can be using during matches when you need a goal at any cost

All other tactics from the OP can be used as the base/starting tactic, you can pick any formation you like or which suites your team... I don't see that any of them have significant advantage

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TFF, ive come back to this after a few weeks break from FM as was getting frustrated.

Have started a new game and created my village team that will play in vanarama south.

Was going to use Destroyer V3 (Beta).

I now see you have added many new tactics.

What would you recommend for me please mate ?

7 minutes ago, Bcfclee27 said:

TFF, ive come back to this after a few weeks break from FM as was getting frustrated.

Have started a new game and created my village team that will play in vanarama south.

Was going to use Destroyer V3 (Beta).

I now see you have added many new tactics.

What would you recommend for me please mate ?

Pick Punisher/Pyromancer or Phoenix - Defense which better suite your team, both tactics offer a great overachieving level, especially, in low rep leagues

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

TWO NEW TACTICS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE OP

PHOENIX - DEFENSE

FM20-ME2039-Phoenix-Defense-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.12cfd28fbfb5128d6b9d6a4aa86683c4.png

PHOENIX - ATTACK

FM20-ME2039-Phoenix-Attack-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.1bbc6ce25b749323f2a9e0aebe4a43b1.png

My new home and away tactic :P. Will try them both out for a couple of games :) 

18 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Pick Punisher/Pyromancer or Phoenix - Defense which better suite your team, both tactics offer a great overachieving level, especially, in low rep leagues

Im gonna try Phoenix Defence as the base and Phoenix Attack if I need to score etc..

Quick question I changed over to beta a few weeks ago, do I need to manually update my game when there is a new patch or is it done automatically.....

6 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Guys, I've added tactics ranking to the OP so far it looks like this:

The tactics ranking:

1) Punisher V1/Pyromancer V1

2) Raider V1

3) Phoenix - Defense

4) Phoenix - Attack

TFF are you absolutely sure Punisher/Pyromancer are the best ranked?  

I've used your tactics for the last few years and although this FM version has been very up and down with consistency of tactics I've managed to overachieve with the teams I have managed.  Destroyer v3 was a decent tactic and worked relatively well but as mentioned before Punisher v1 has been absolutely terrible for my Spurs team (W1, D7, L7).  My team fits the tactics reasonably well and its not a bad squad but I find with Punisher v1 I might have 8 or 9 shots per game whereas with Destroyer v3 it was 15-25+.

Maybe its just worked that way for me but it feels like these newer tactics are massively weaker.  Not sure how others are finding them!

1 minute ago, pw75 said:

TFF are you absolutely sure Punisher/Pyromancer are the best ranked?  

I've used your tactics for the last few years and although this FM version has been very up and down with consistency of tactics I've managed to overachieve with the teams I have managed.  Destroyer v3 was a decent tactic and worked relatively well but as mentioned before Punisher v1 has been absolutely terrible for my Spurs team (W1, D7, L7).  My team fits the tactics reasonably well and its not a bad squad but I find with Punisher v1 I might have 8 or 9 shots per game whereas with Destroyer v3 it was 15-25+.

Maybe its just worked that way for me but it feels like these newer tactics are massively weaker.  Not sure how others are finding them!

Mate, I can say that Destroyer V3 tactic was made for the ME V2031(public beta) which was less difficult/random than the current ME V2039

Also, I can say that with Punisher V1 my results are worse on ME V2039 than they were with Destroyer V3 on ME V2031

19 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Guys, I've added tactics ranking to the OP so far it looks like this:

The tactics ranking:

1) Punisher V1/Pyromancer V1

2) Raider V1

3) Phoenix - Defense

4) Phoenix - Attack

So Punisher/Pyromancer is (for now) better than Phoenix?

4 minutes ago, Theodoros Yiorkas said:

For top teams in EPL which is the better tactic? Punisher or Phoenix - Defence

Punisher/Pyromancer would work better with any team but there aren't many teams that fits the 442 formation by default

So let's say if you are Liverpool, Man City, Barca or PSG which means you are the strongest team in the league and your team are builder for 433 formation then you might not rebuild the team to fit 4-4-2 formation and you can use Phoenix tactics, I find it gives acceptable result.

For those people who expect a miracle from Phoenix tactic, I want to show the result of my sim test with Southampton, predicted 12th

Phoenix - Defense tactic was used for all matches, as you can see - no miracle at all... just got above the media prediction :)

The Morale and Conditions were frozen for all teams in the league by FMRTE

Punisher/Pyromancer tactic offer a better overachieving level than Phoenix

soton-phoenix.thumb.png.f77c47e7d29f587bacb848ba8953bd2b.png

soton-phoenix-2.thumb.png.1e59795f90ef0dd067dc7a6853ee7a46.png

soton-phoenix-3.thumb.png.ba2ea398e0ed7404ebb388723d1f0512.png

Hello,

First, sorry for my englisch.

Second: I play the touch version, is it normale that after the update patch 20.2.4 my tactic (4-4-2) sucks? I played 6 matches and i won 0 match and lost 3 matches.. Before the update i won all my matches.

Also i have a lot of injury players. 

Thx for the information!

12 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

@Totalfootballfan which tactic would you use for Chelsea please bud 

I can suggest Punisher and Pyromancer tactics because these tactics have been well tested by me on this ME but you can also try the new tactics. for example, Raider V2 and Phoenix V2

I'm going to make few sim test with Chelsea using Raider V2 and Phoenix tactic if you want you can wait the results of my sim tests

16 minutes ago, danstam said:

Can the Phoenix tactics be improved by having the AMR/AML man mark the opposition full backs? I’ve noticed this is a huge weakness of AMR/AML tactics in general.

I really don't think it'll make any good 

17 minutes ago, Dirk1979 said:

Hello,

First, sorry for my englisch.

Second: I play the touch version, is it normale that after the update patch 20.2.4 my tactic (4-4-2) sucks? I played 6 matches and i won 0 match and lost 3 matches.. Before the update i won all my matches.

Also i have a lot of injury players. 

Thx for the information!

Hi,

I can say that I find the M.E. has became more challenging with the new update so I think all tactics have became less efficient 

29 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

I can say that I find the M.E. has became more challenging with the new update so I think all tactics have became less efficient 

Up to FM20, we could overachieve in the first season with all the teams played, but now ... it`s a different story!

And to be honest, i like it like that, it`s more realistic, no more Champions in the first season with teams predicted to finish 12th or 15th.

8 minutes ago, Crusho79bv said:

Up to FM20, we could overachieve in the first season with all the teams played, but now ... it`s a different story!

And to be honest, i like it like that, it`s more realistic, no more Champions in the first season with teams predicted to finish 12th or 15th.

I agree but sometimes it feel like you can do too little when it comes to your tactic because there are very limited set of tactical instructions and it feels like you depends on luck factor too much :)

Which filter set  is best for Punisher/Pyromancer?

FILTERS

DOWNLOAD FILTERS ( RAPTOR & REAVER & DESTOYER  ) --> 
https://www.mediafire.com/file/birc4vzw1s9mpiy/(FM20)_FILTERS_-_Raptor_and_Reaver_by_TFF.fmf/file

DOWNLOAD FILTERS ( PREDATOR & CONQUEROR & STALKER ) --> https://www.mediafire.com/file/kdxty75vlpcy78k/(FM20)_FILTERS_-_Predator_and_Stalker_by_TFF.fmf/file

13 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

@Totalfootballfan What about the strikers? Left foot or right foot on left striker (and what on right striker)?

I suggest using inverted foot

9 minutes ago, kelvin0131 said:

do you know how to not update to 20.2.4 in setting??  

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/prevent-steam-auto-update-games

TFF, i would like to understand more about the way you choose your players?

Because u have so many cases that they really have a nice PA, but let's say if you look at their atributes... u have pace 11, or accelaration 11

Can you plse expand your thoughts about this plse.

thanks

24 minutes ago, rlemos said:

TFF, i would like to understand more about the way you choose your players?

Because u have so many cases that they really have a nice PA, but let's say if you look at their atributes... u have pace 11, or accelaration 11

Can you plse expand your thoughts about this plse.

thanks

PA( Potential Ability) doesn't have any meaning for the current moment because it's the maximum number for CA and a player might never reach his PA.

CA( Current Ability ) is a total amount of points that a player has to spend on his attributes at the current moment.

Let's for this tactic you need a fast and agile striker so the higher Aceleration, Pace and Agility attributes, the better

Also, he must have a good off the ball movement so the higher Anticipation, Off The Ball and Work Rate attributes, the better

Also, he must  be good at dribbling so the higher Dribbling and Flair, the better

Also, he must be good at scoring goals so the higher Finishing, Long Shots, Decisions, Composure and Concentration attributes, the better

Also, the higher his Technique attribute, the more stuff he can do with the ball so the higher Technique attribute, the better

The algorithm above is how you pick strikers for the tactic

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Phoenix and RAIDER tactics have been updated to V2

Changes:

- changes the role and PIs of DL position

- tweaked the PIs and duties of MCL/MCR positions

6 hours ago, MrGizMo said:

My new home and away tactic :P. Will try them both out for a couple of games :) 

lol, cant even test this quick :P 

5 hours ago, Crusho79bv said:

Whats the point of playing this game with this current "level" of overachievement?

I don't want to win a league about 8 seasons in on a team full of regens on 180+ ca.. See no point in that and have no time for it.:idiot::thdn:

Actually since 20.2 I spent literally 10 more times cutting to the chase on this forum than playing the game with this filthy "engine" as I see more point in that than playing it .

I had about 1200 hours on 19 and on 20 I won't even hit 400 ( have 373 so far vast majority pre 20.2).

0 hours last 2 weeks^

Edited by magicnut

ALL TACTICS HAVE BEEN UPDATED

CHANGES:

There are a decent amount of tweaks including important set-pieces tweaks

I'll add tactics ranking a bit later because at the moment some of them started to deliver surprisingly high results so it requires producing more test to be sure

So my list of tactics for ME V2039 looks like this:

PUNISHER V2

FM20-ME2039-Punisher-V2-by-TFF.thumb.png.75bfcdc95776628f98df90f63218dc81.png

PYROMANCER V2

FM20-ME2039-Pyromancer-V2-by-TFF.thumb.png.fbcf8fa0d04d6557e99434c057ff8507.png

RAIDER V3

FM20-ME2039-Raider-V3-by-TFF.thumb.png.a00a3ef87d9077df2f6ddf444f9d12da.png

PHOENIX V3

FM20-ME2039-Phoenix-V3-by-TFF.thumb.png.4d8876411dbd6cd04ad3dd57bebbf960.png

STINGER V1

FM20-ME2039-Stinger-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.f645a93e705caa623ee7b81496a56e1c.png