• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A new tactic "PYROMANCER" has been added to the OP

FM20-ME2039-Pyromancer-V1-by-TFF.png

At the moment there are 3 tactics for the M.E. V2039 can be found at the OP

1) "Punisher" - this is well rounded balanced tactic which can be used in any situation

2) "Pyromancer" - this is slightly attacking version of Punisher, I suggest using in cases when you think you can be more attacking

3) "Executioner" - this is a very attacking version of Punisher tactic, I suggest using in cases when you want to go full attack

5 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

@Totalfootballfan They have all 3 more or less the same efficiency? 'Playing defensively' or 'attacking' is very broad in order to decide which tactic is the best to use overall.

Yes, they all have more or less the same efficiency but if you want to use only one tactic then I suggest sticking with Punisher or Pyromancer

But if you use all 3 tactics then you can further boost your results

Let's say you started match with Punisher tactic and it happened you are losing by 2 goals or more and there's only 45 mins left so in that case it make sense going for Executioner tactic because you really have nothing to lose and Executioner tactic is the most attacking version of Punisher tactic.

Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

Yes, they all have more or less the same efficiency but if you want to use only one tactic then I suggest sticking with Punisher or Pyromancer

But if you use all 3 tactic then you can further boost your results

Let's say you started match with Punisher tactic and it happened you are losing by 2 goals or more and there's only 45 mins left so in that case it make sense going for Executioner tactic because you really have nothing to lose and Executioner tactic is the most attacking version of Punisher tactic.

Thanks for the explaination! Maybe you can make 3 runs with the same team with the 3 different tactics, so we can see the difference in goals, points per match etc.

Just now, Ninodebest said:

Thanks for the explaination! Maybe you can make 3 runs with the same team with the 3 different tactics, so we can see the difference in goals, points per match etc.

Mate, I can say that in the normal game the difference could be hardly seen because of many random factors that are present in the normal game

I test tactics in my tactic testing league and every tactic is tested for more than 1000 matches and only then the difference can be clearly seen :)

16 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I can say that in the normal game the difference could be hardly seen because of many random factors that are present in the normal game

I test tactics in my tactic testing league and every tactic is tested for more than 1000 matches and only then the difference can be clearly seen :)

Maybe you can share the results of your tactic testing league of the 3 tactics? :) 

2 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

Maybe you can share the results of your tactic testing league of the 3 tactics? :) 

Mate, without knowing all details about the testing league the results would not make much sense and the moment I really don't have time and willingness for the details

I'd prefer sharing results from the normal game because they make sense for everyone :)

14 minutes ago, santiago_staiger said:

What about destroyer? It was really successfull to me.

Punisher V1 tactic is a small tweak of Destroyer V3 tactic with the only difference - DPL was moved from MCL position to DM position and CM was moved to the center... and that's all

At the moment I find that CM + DM works more efficient than MCL + MCR

30 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

La táctica Punisher V1 es una pequeña modificación de la táctica Destroyer V3 con la única diferencia: DPL se movió de la posición MCL a la posición DM y CM se movió al centro ... y eso es todo

En este momento encuentro que CM + DM funciona más eficiente que MCL + MCR

So, do you think it's a good idea try something like this?: punisher most of time, executioner when I'm losing in the last minutes and wasting time tactic in case i want to keep the result? Thank you

8 minutes ago, santiago_staiger said:

So, do you think it's a good idea try something like this?: punisher most of time, executioner when I'm losing in the last minutes and wasting time tactic in case i want to keep the result? Thank you

that makes sense to me :) but I would also considered Pyromancer as the base tactic instead of Punisher... might worth trying

7 minutes ago, AndreBothmaTax said:

@Totalfootballfan

Do you toy with your team instructions/mentality during a match or do you leave everything as is?

I don't change the tactical settings of the base tactic but when I want to protect the lead and "kill" the game I use the time wasting tactic which can be found at the OP and it makes sense go for the Executioner tactic in cases when you have nothing to lose and you need a goal at any cost

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

A new tactic "EXECUTIONER" has been added to the OP

This is a very attacking tactic so use it with caution

"Punisher" tactic and "Executioner" tacitc could be a very good combo

"Punisher" tactic can be used when you want to play defensively and "Executioner" tactic can be used when you want to play attacking

FM20-ME2039-Executioner-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.9ad8f7b91c3e927e6815aaff7bebbbd2.png

Any tests with this @Totalfootballfan , any chance of developing a wide diamond???

I must say it's by far a worst FM I ever played.

I've got 27 shots vs 7 of my opponents and I'm losing 3:0, tactic is always the same, long ball from defence behind my CB and it's already 1on1, then it's just a matter of some stupid luck if the guy will score or not. 

For example Lewandowski can waste 7-8 1on1's when some John Doe will score hattrick at the same time. 

This game is a total waste of money and time, I'm going back to FM19. SI should be ashamed. 

10 minutes ago, MrGreen555 said:

Any tests with this @Totalfootballfan , any chance of developing a wide diamond???

So far I've tested it only in my tactic testing league

Turning it into a wide diamond doesn't make sense to me because in this case the tactic loses its main purpose to be a very offensive tactic and put the maximal pressure on the opponent

8 minutes ago, Hig_errard said:

How important is it that I use a strong ML on the right foot? Even if I have a better ML but with a strong left foot? Sorry for the bad english.

I'd say it isn't an easy question and it depends on how much better one player than other so I can say for sure only when I see the players   

5 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Uma nova tática "PUNISHER" foi adicionada ao OP

Essa tática é um ajuste da tática Destroyer V3, a única alteração é que o DPL foi movido para a posição DM

Acho que o Punisher superou o Destroyer em potencial, mas não posso dizer que com certeza, é necessário produzir mais testes

FM20-ME2039-Punisher-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.28a425883de77f3775eb219f9d1cb3b3.png

5 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

A new tactic "PUNISHER" has been added to the OP

This tactic is a tweak of Destroyer V3 tactic, the only change is DPL was moved to DM position

I find that Punisher has potential outplayed Destroyer but I can't say that for sure, it requires producing more testing

FM20-ME2039-Punisher-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.28a425883de77f3775eb219f9d1cb3b3.png

Are the filters the same as the destroyer?

49 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

So far I've tested it only in my tactic testing league

Turning it into a wide diamond doesn't make sense to me because in this case the tactic loses its main purpose to be a very offensive tactic and put the maximal pressure on the opponent

I understand what you mean, I meant as a completely different option, I like the idea of a diamond... any thoughts how to do it?

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Yes, the filters fit the new tactics

You can continue your save on the new patch

Thanks TFF, the Conqueror tactic can be used in non-beta as well? I don't have Midfielders for a Punisher, Pyromancer etc, only Attacking ones. I remember Conqueror was rocking everything in FM19

19 minutes ago, MrGreen555 said:

I understand what you mean, I meant as a completely different option, I like the idea of a diamond... any thoughts how to do it?

Wide Diamond formation provided a low efficiency in my tests so I don't find this formation attractive :) espleacily, when the game even with the most efficient formations is still very challenging

12 minutes ago, n0rek said:

Thanks TFF, the Conqueror tactic can be used in non-beta as well? I don't have Midfielders for a Punisher, Pyromancer etc, only Attacking ones. I remember Conqueror was rocking everything in FM19

Mate, I'm note sure that I understand your question

At the moment the public beta version and the retail version use the same ME (2039) so there's no different between them

Conqueror tactic is less effective than Punisher or Pyromancer and I suggest using only if you want to play with AML/AMR very much and if you are ready to sacrifice some efficiency for that

if you'd ask me then the game is very challenging at the moment and the last update made it even more challenging so there isn't excessive efficiency that can be sacrificed ;)

7 minutes ago, senderos78 said:

Hey TFF. First of all, thanks for the amazing tactics. 

I have a question, what about the individual training focus with executioner?

Mate, I don't recommend using Executioner as your base tactic because it's too attacking... this tactic can be useful for some specific cases during matches so I suggest having Punisher or Pyromancer as your base tactics and train your players for these tactics 

5 minutes ago, tzahy said:

Hey TFF .  i am playing man city who will you use as your DM  de bruyne or gundogan? thanks mate, and thanks alot for tactics

Hey mate,

De Bruyne has a low rating for DM position, also, his defensive attributes aren't great so I don't think there's any choice... Gundogam - DM and De Bruyne  - CM

13 minutes ago, McFly92 said:

I love situation when my team score a lot of goals so I try "EXECUTIONER" - few games - 10:0, 6:0, 5:0 but now I won 2:1, 3:0, 1:0.... i don't know why... maybe training it's wrong.. set training to attack? 

The general training attempts to change the attributes and usually it requires  season or even longer to see a slight change

If you talk about "Match Preparation" then you can try but I find it gives a quite small effect so I don't think it'll be a "gamechanger"

Heh... sometimes you lose a match 0 - 2 then you reload game save and re-play it and you can win 0 - 5 so it's just luck/randomness

Probably, when you were winning by 10 goals margin you played vs weak opponents that used a low efficient tactics and you were lucky and your attackers were scoring all their chances and now you play vs stronger opponents and you might be unlucky when it comes to converting your scoring chances :)

8 minutes ago, Meraklija Vujevic said:

do you have any good defensive set piece setup?

runing test run on this  patch some games I do 4-3 results with all goals coming from set pieces.

All my tactics use the same defensive set pieces and I'm satisfied with them... anyway, I haven't found anything more solid than that :)