FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, 

Is it just me or the new match engine is horrible? 

I mean going 1on1 now is super easy but only few situations are ending goal, passes from CB to Attacker is 100% success and multiple shots on target are not getting any results. Not to mention that poor teams are getting great results driven by AI.

@TFF thanks for great tactics, again :)

1 hour ago, n0rek said:

Hey guys, 

Is it just me or the new match engine is horrible? 

I mean going 1on1 now is super easy but only few situations are ending goal, passes from CB to Attacker is 100% success and multiple shots on target are not getting any results. Not to mention that poor teams are getting great results driven by AI.

@TFF thanks for great tactics, again :)

Well it's certainly not just you. Btw nothing is "super easy" i'd say the conversion rate improved only somewhat and is still quite scripted. Saw some taps ins missed even on beta.

Edited by magicnut

I see, good to know. I'm a CM/FM player for a long time and I saw many hops and downs of this game but such poor Match engine was never an option, TBH I thought they will fix bugs from FM 19 but they actually only added more of them :) 

1 hour ago, karanhsingh said:

You know when you're winning too often and suddenly all your strikers forget how to score goals and you keep dominating games and losing? Any tips on what to do then?

if you are asking what can be done in case your attackers miss their scoring chances then I'm afraid not much can be done except buying better attackers :) ... but even the best attackers in the game from time to time have unlucky runs when they miss their scoring chances … the better scoring attributers of your attackers, the higher conversion rate  

7 minutes ago, Senz said:

There is a new match update! I think it's just the beta who has gone public. So Destroyer v3 will be working fine? Screenshot of a reply from a FM mod. 

Screenshot_20200205-164044.png

The retail version and the public beta version are the same now - 20.2.4-1343694(m.e. v2039)

The current M.E v2039 is slight different from what we had on the previous public beta build m.e. v2031

I've watches few matches and noticed that there are slight M.E. changes but nothing significant compared with the previous public beta M.E. v2031

6 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

A versão comercial e a versão beta pública são as mesmas agora - 20.2.4-1343694 (me v2039)

O atual ME v2039 é um pouco diferente do que tínhamos na versão beta pública anterior me construir a v2031

Eu assisti a algumas partidas e notei que há pequenas alterações no ME, mas nada de significativo em comparação com o beta público anterior ME v2031

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

Will the tactics be updated or will it not be necessary?

Edited by garotospfc

1 minute ago, garotospfc said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

Will the tactics be updated or will it not be necessary?

Hi,

I don't think that it will require updating the tactics from what I've seen so far Destroyer V3 has became even slightly more efficient

But I can only say for sure after some tests and to produce such tests I need FMRTE but it hasn't been updated yet :) 

6 minutes ago, Souljacker said:

Anyone come up with a tweak to use when playing against Liverpool? I'm on retail with Arsenal using Raptorv4 and dominating the league but get knocked out of Europe by liverpool seeming to score every other shot every year.

Any thoughts would be welcome!

Do you play on FMT? If not then I suggest going for the current 20.2.4 patch

Hi!

I use DESTROYER V3 as my main tactic and TIME WASTING TACTIC when I need to keep a match score.

Can you make a tactic for slots №3 so that all players attack? I will use it if I lose in the last minutes of a match.

Edited by DRNTFN

7 minutes ago, DRNTFN said:

Hi!

I use DESTROYER V3 as my main tactic and TIME WASTING TACTIC when I need to keep a match score.

Can you make a tactic for 3 slots so that all players attack? I will use it if I lose in the last minutes of a match.

Hi mate,

I can say that I've tired to create "Overload" tactics in case when you need score goal at any cost but all of them were less effective than the base tactics so I suggest sticking with the base tactics in cases when you need to score because I haven't found anything more efficient than that in such cases.    

6 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Привет приятель,

Я могу сказать, что я устал создавать тактику "перегрузки" в случае, когда вам нужно забить гол любой ценой, но все они были менее эффективны, чем базовая тактика, поэтому я предлагаю придерживаться базовой тактики в тех случаях, когда вам нужно забить, потому что я не нашел ничего более эффективного, чем это в таких случаях.

Thanks! And where can I see useful PPM for Destroyer v3 ?

Edited by DRNTFN

7 minutes ago, DRNTFN said:

Thanks! And where can I see useful PPM for Destroyer v3 ?

I haven't posted PPMs this year because honestly I don't see there's something gamebreaking in them... I might add them at some point later

I find only this can be important: "Comes Deep To Get Ball" PPM is a negative PPM for MCL position, I suggest avoiding having it for your player at the MCL position

4 minutes ago, rsopo said:

I am not able to load Destroyer tactic with the new update. Is the problem from me or the tactic uploaded is not viable with the new version?

What do you mean? You can't download it from Mediafire? I've just checked and it worked fine for me...

I can attach it

(PUBLIC - BETA - FM20) DESTROYER V3 by TFF.fmf

5 minutes ago, rsopo said:

In Game if i go to Tactics and select Load Tactic and go to Downloads folder I can't see the tactic file.

mate, in that case there could many reasons so it's hard to say something certain but I can tell you for sure that no matter what game version you play you still should be able to "see" the tactic... probably, you are doing something wrong or there are issue with your OS

3 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

mate, in that case there could many reasons so it's hard to say something certain but I can tell you for sure that no matter what game version you play you still should be able to "see" the tactic... probably, you are doing something wrong or there are issue with your OS

I discovered a workaround. I moved the tactic in tactics folder from Football Manager 2020 folder. :D

10 minutes ago, RossGib900 said:

Hey mate, think a 4231 is possible since the update? Or 41221?

Hi mate,

I really doubt that but will see... I just started a proper testing on m.e. 2039

So far I can say definitely there are ME changes compared with the public beta( m.e. 2031) and it might require do some tweaking

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

I really doubt that but will see... I just started a proper testing on m.e. 2039

So far I can say definitely there are ME changes compared with the public beta( m.e. 2031) and it might require do some tweaking

Thanks mate, so destroyer BETA version be the best to use in the meantime?

@Totalfootballfan

In my second season with Inter using Raptor V4 and everything is going downhill, iv'e lost 4 home games scoring 1 goal, lost to super cup final, lost in the second round of the Italian Cup to Juve despite having the most chances on goal in 85% of these games the engine is really pissing me off, also another thing Lukaku & Martinez aren't scoring enough they have 14 appearances 6 goals and 19 appearances 8 goals, Haaland has 12 goals in 17 apps and Esposito 10 goals in 12 apps.

Should I change anything or keep it the same? I'm also 10 points behind Lazio who are first with 16 games left, I play Lazio away next then Juve two games later both these games could really define my season as I don't see myself knocking out PSG in the CL as their attack is way to strong.

What do you usually do when chasing a goal with say 20-30 minutes to go? My usual tweaks are to increase the mentality to positive or attacking, and also up the tempo. 

Also FYI I am playing with an IWB on the right (because my player is two-footed) and a regular WB on the left, which is still giving good results, and in fact the LWB has popped up with a few assists as well.

i'm using Conqueror and Destroyer dependint who and where i play. getting really good results with Leicester. Both tactics are doing the job, just have to "rotate" them depending on opposite team and how game is going.

18 minutes ago, karanhsingh said:

What do you usually do when chasing a goal with say 20-30 minutes to go? My usual tweaks are to increase the mentality to positive or attacking, and also up the tempo. 

I can say that so far I haven't got any solid confirmation that any changes would do better in that case so I prefer sticking to the default tactic

18 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

A new tactic "PUNISHER" has been added to the OP

This tactic is a tweak of Destroyer V3 tactic, the only change is DPL was moved to DM position

I find that Punisher has potential outplayed Destroyer but I can't say that for sure, it requires producing more testing

FM20-ME2039-Punisher-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.28a425883de77f3775eb219f9d1cb3b3.png

Nice mate! Any idea of when you are sure if Punisher is better than Destroyer, and which on do you recommend now to use?

A new tactic "EXECUTIONER" has been added to the OP

This is a very attacking tactic so use it with caution

"Punisher" tactic and "Executioner" tacitc could be a very good combo

"Punisher" tactic can be used when you want to play defensively and "Executioner" tactic can be used when you want to play attacking

FM20-ME2039-Executioner-V1-by-TFF.thumb.png.9ad8f7b91c3e927e6815aaff7bebbbd2.png

15 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

A new tactic "EXECUTIONER" has been added to the OP

This is a very attacking tactic so use it with cushions

I think you mean caution not cushions :lol: Important to be comfortable when you're managing I suppose.