FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all!

Has anyone ever successfully been able to stop players from constantly shooting from zero angle? Instead of, you know, doing  the obvious thing of passing to one of his team mates clean in front of goal? Any luck? Cerber V4 or Fighter?

UPDATE - 04.08.2020

Hey guys,

I've got a small update for the tactics but I'm lazy to update the tactics and re-upload everything(tactics, screenshots, videos and so on) so if you want apply the update you have to do it yourself.

If you use Cerber V4, Cerber V4 - Overload, Cerber V4 - AML version / AMR version then I suggest removing "Short Passing" PI from the WBL/WBR positions.

Also, no matter what tactic you use I suggest using a new attacking free-kick setup that can be found in the video below. It's much better than the current attacking free kick setup. Please, pay attention to the free kicks' aim and the players' positions.

2 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

ACTUALIZACIÓN - 04.08.2020

Hola chicos,

Tengo una pequeña actualización para las tácticas, pero soy flojo para actualizar las tácticas y volver a cargar todo (tácticas, capturas de pantalla, videos, etc.), así que si desea aplicar la actualización, debe hacerlo usted mismo.

Si utiliza Cerber V4 (sobrecarga, versión AML o versión AMR), le sugiero que elimine el PI de "Pase corto" de las posiciones WBL / WBR.

Además, no importa qué táctica use, le sugiero que use una nueva configuración de tiro libre de ataque que se puede encontrar en el siguiente video. Es mucho mejor que la configuración actual de tiro libre de ataque. Por favor, preste atención al objetivo de los tiros libres y las posiciones de los jugadores.

How much effecive is the new preset? Thanks you very much.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Totalfootballfan:

If you use Cerber V4 (Overload, AML version or AMR version) then I suggest removing "Short Passing" PI from the WBL/WBR positions.

Do this mean that the normal Cerber v4 tactic should not be touched ? 

And I wasn't able to edit the set pieces to position the players exactly as you used in the video clip. 

Edited by Jehanzeb

12 hours ago, Jehanzeb said:

Do this mean that the normal Cerber v4 tactic should not be touched ? 

And I wasn't able to edit the set pieces to position the players exactly as you used in the video clip. 

Hi,

I've edited the post and I hope it's less confusion now... I meant that the tweak should be applied to Cerber V4 tactic and all its modifications such as Cerber V4 - Overload, Cerber V4 - AML version / AMR versionand so on... 

18 hours ago, robhall1 said:

any chance you could upload the new one mate? having a nightmare sorting these free kick routines.

And me... the positions available don't seem to match up when you move the players around. 

Edited by grandmastashi

On 03/08/2020 at 21:34, Totalfootballfan said:

UPDATE - 04.08.2020

Hey guys,

I've got a small update for the tactics but I'm lazy to update the tactics and re-upload everything(tactics, screenshots, videos and so on) so if you want apply the update you have to do it yourself.

If you use Cerber V4, Cerber V4 - Overload, Cerber V4 - AML version / AMR version then I suggest removing "Short Passing" PI from the WBL/WBR positions.

Also, no matter what tactic you use I suggest using a new attacking free-kick setup that can be found in the video below. It's much better than the current attacking free kick setup. Please, pay attention to the free kicks' aim and the players' positions.

Hey there lad , who do you recommend take the free kicks in the new setup?you have corner takers set as wingers but no suggestions for the free kick takers.

Also in the setup I see all the outfield players are assigned so again that could use some clarification.

8 hours ago, magicnutt said:

Hey there lad , who do you recommend take the free kicks in the new setup?you have corner takers set as wingers but no suggestions for the free kick takers.

Also in the setup I see all the outfield players are assigned so again that could use some clarification.

Hey,

I find it works the best when there are 2 players "Lurk Outside Area" so if we take the free kick setup from the video that I posted then the STC and AMCR positions should not take the free kick but I must add that if it happens that one of them takes the free kicks then I don't see that anything tragic happens and the free kick setup still works OK so if you are lazy to control the free-kick takers then you can just pick your players with high "Free Kick" attribute to take the free kicks and that's all.

Also, that free kick setup could be further improved if you set the MCL position to "Stay Back If Need" (please, notice no just "Stay Back" and it's important).    

28 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hey,

I find it works the best when there are 2 players "Lurk Outside Area" so if we take the free kick setup from the video that I posted then the STC and AMCR positions should not take the free kick but I must add that if it happens that one of them takes the free kicks then I don't see that anything tragic happens and the free kick setup still works OK so if you are lazy to control the free-kick takers then you can just pick your players with high "Free Kick" attribute to take the free kicks and that's all.

Also, that free kick setup could be further improved if you set the MCL position to "Stay Back If Need" (please, notice no just "Stay Back" and it's important).    

In other words your highest player with free kick taking thats not the AMC or Striker :) got it.

13 minutes ago, magicnutt said:

In other words your highest player with free kick taking thats not the AMC or Striker :) got it.

Btw, if it happened that your AMC or Striker is the best free kick taker then you always can tweak the free kick set and put some other position to "Lurk Outside Area", for example, you can set the ML/MR positions to do that but as I said any position can take the free kick and that would not have any tragic impact on the free kick efficiency.

43 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

7 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Btw, if it happened that your AMC or Striker is the best free kick taker then you always can tweak the free kick set and put some other position to "Lurk Outside Area", for example, you can set the ML/MR positions to do that but as I said any position can take the free kick and that would not have any tragic impact on the free kick efficiency.

The further improvement on free kicks , this is for all types of free kicks , including direct and non direct?

not a personal attack, but seriously?

are you too lazy to do something so simple?

are you too lazy to read few post and find that some1 already did share it?

soon you gonna ask TFF to play game for you and just send you save with title celebration.

2 hours ago, fmjonek said:

not a personal attack, but seriously?

are you too lazy to do something so simple?

are you too lazy to read few post and find that some1 already did share it?

soon you gonna ask TFF to play game for you and just send you save with title celebration.

Can you see how he posted? I don't think he's lazy, just doesn't read/write English too good thus finds it hard to search. 

How about we be a helpful community and just help a few people out :)

4 hours ago, ilyes92300 said:

Hello, who could share the updated tactics with the latest TFF changes please?

1768411304_(FM20)CerberV5byTFF.fmf

2 hours ago, widowmaker- said:

Can you see how he posted? I don't think he's lazy, just doesn't read/write English too good thus finds it hard to search. 

How about we be a helpful community and just help a few people out :)

1768411304_(FM20)CerberV5byTFF.fmf 45.82 kB · 18 downloads

we are helpful community, people got plug and play tactic from TFF. same question were answered many times, i personaly answered few question that were explained in op. i understand people may struggle with English, but using google translate to read about 2 or 3 post above, or op, is not much effort.

Edited by fmjonek

On 23/06/2020 at 16:37, Dutton said:

After getting promoted from Vanarama North first season with York, but not totally convincingly (media prediction was 1st anyway), I decided to use your tactics.  

I've been promoted two seasons in a row from Vanarama National and now League 2, our media prediction was 21st both seasons. I used Cerber V4 mostly, I had to switch to Annihilator towards the end of last season when I lost some momentum. I also beat premier League West Brom in the FA Cup third round this season. I also broke the points record in both seasons. Onto League 1!  

Also, I've not spent anything on transfers. All free transfers and loans.  I've even still got some players from my original team in Vanarama North although they are all backups.

Great work!

york1.jpg

york2.jpg

Hi,

Did you use Shield Wall tactic?

Thanks.

Edited by Nitro871

Am 10.8.2020 um 00:11 schrieb pinball_88:

my team bordeaux and i have absolutely disgusting resalts with this tactics? whats's wrong?

Screenshot_3.png

Hey :)

I just started a new save and play with the CerberV5 tactic which uses the new Freekickstrat from TFF. (posted by a user here)
Completely dominate the league (so far). 9 matches, 8 wins. 28 goals.

Here a few standards for me, ty 2 own experience + community tipps from this thread/TFF:

• I use the mentioned Training "balanced" all the time

• RVs-RMs, LVs-LMs, .. usw. in the Mentoring-Groups (to get good player chemistry)

• from TFF mentioned individual Training (startpost)

• Touchline Shouts, Team Meeting (from TFF`s startpost)

• is the leftfooted also on ML and rightfooted as MR? Do the playerstats fit the tactic? etc. Analyse your players for this tactic.

• Setpiece-Takers correct? Don`t let your assistant manager do the Opposition Instructions.

I mean this tactic is almost PLUGIN`N GO.
So you have to check these few things and you will archieve a good or even very good/superb season.
Also don`t forget what TFF wrote: It`s not that easy to create an OP-tactic like the last years. :)

gl hf with Bordeaux, allez!

3729ffec776fee9a13103dfa24570da8.jpg

4188e080600a6cb66eb8e9df270094b8.jpg

Edited by Nebuuu

I am using the Cerberov4 (with the hotfix) but I am struggled with that.

Home games: so many shoots and so many errors

Away: I can't dominate the game and I lost almost each game also with lower teams (see images).

I think the players fit well with the tactic, I am training them to the right positions and the team had a good cohesion.

What I can do? 

Cattura.PNG

Edited by skaffa

On 19/08/2020 at 15:37, skaffa said:

What I can do? 

You can take care of little things: morale, shouts, strong legs, player traits, changing mentality in right moment during the game, good determination and flair (for attacking positions), tactics familiarity, right players for set pieces.

It is normal for Cerber to have a lot shots with few goals. This little things that I mentioned above are crutial for winning, not only dominating. 

Everything you can find in this topic. For mentality changes I can recommend "the mentality masterplan" by optimusprimal82 (search for it).

thanks TFF,

after long time didn't play this game (2016) and "must" come back during boring looong WFH due to covid..the first tactic that I've search is TFF (huge fans since 2015)..and voila Invincible (EPL) with Man U on first season and treble winner!!

winning premier league (thriller results against Liverpool till last match, beat Man City on FA final and hammer Shakhtar on Europa League final.. 

only buy Caglar Soyuncu as DCL, and ask my football director to bought Haaland on winter transfer due of injuries Martial & Rashford..

Using cerber as default formation, cerber overload when i truly need goal and use wall tactic when i need hold the leading score...also follow all instructions that available on first page (training, shout etc.)..

awesome dude, continue your amazing works

Man U Treble.png

21 hours ago, prysiu said:

Have you tried team meeting to boost morale?

Yes - had little impact immediately but then things improved 3 or 4 games after.

Last 15 games in the league were 4 wins, 6 draws and 5 defeats with Newcastle in the first season. Finished 9th, just missing out on European football with 2 defeats in last two games (tbf against Liverpool & Man City).

I'll use the offseason to really ensure I have the right type of players for the roles and see how it goes. 

Am 21.8.2020 um 17:44 schrieb Loftus66:

Balanced all season, including pre-season, @Nebuuu?

Only after Pre-Season. That`s how it works for me.
Also edit the weekly training with 1-2 extras, if needed.

Am 13.8.2020 um 17:34 schrieb zeristeu:

Hello,

in position generally it´s yours top scorer?

I can´t take the most of my strikers.

Mainstriker (Piatek) 34 matches - 28 goals, 3 assists
Left midfieldwinger (Dilrosun) 20 (4) matches - 11 goals, 4 assists
Right (sometimes left) midfieldwinger (Lukebakio) 26 (3) matches - 10 goals, 10 assists
Right midfieldwinger/sometimes striker (Cunha) 9 (14) matches - 7 goals, 2 assists

Others:
Central midfield players (Maier, Ciano, Bardhi etc.) - 15 goals, 27 assists
Central and Wing-Defenders: 16 goals, 26 assists

1449d7badf2b75f48fa4f0a4ff346d9a.jpg

1st Season updated Cerber5 almost over. Fantastic season. Now Cup-Final vs RB Leipzig.
No cheating (Loading, Editor etc.), only this updated tactic and the helping stuff (Morale, Training etc.).
Thx TFF ♥ Now CL Final, Allez PSG! :)

6c687f1efc44f5ca677983782617dc78.jpg

On 23/08/2020 at 21:46, Nebuuu said:

Only after Pre-Season. That`s how it works for me.
Also edit the weekly training with 1-2 extras, if needed.

Mainstriker (Piatek) 34 matches - 28 goals, 3 assists
Left midfieldwinger (Dilrosun) 20 (4) matches - 11 goals, 4 assists
Right (sometimes left) midfieldwinger (Lukebakio) 26 (3) matches - 10 goals, 10 assists
Right midfieldwinger/sometimes striker (Cunha) 9 (14) matches - 7 goals, 2 assists

Others:
Central midfield players (Maier, Ciano, Bardhi etc.) - 15 goals, 27 assists
Central and Wing-Defenders: 16 goals, 26 assists

1449d7badf2b75f48fa4f0a4ff346d9a.jpg

1st Season updated Cerber5 almost over. Fantastic season. Now Cup-Final vs RB Leipzig.
No cheating (Loading, Editor etc.), only this updated tactic and the helping stuff (Morale, Training etc.).
Thx TFF ♥ Now CL Final, Allez PSG! :)

6c687f1efc44f5ca677983782617dc78.jpg

Thanx very much, @Nebuuu. Really apprechiate your input on this thread.

2 hours ago, manidaro7 said:

hi TFF, by any chance have you updated the Cerber tactic to version V5?
I ask you because in the set piece video I see the Cerber V5 tactic selected.
in case where can I find it?

On page 77 the below has been added, TFF has indicated he isn't going to add a download we would have to do it ourselves :

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for you guys 

The Cerber V4 with removing "Short Passing" PI from the WBL/WBR positions and the new attacking free-kick setup

Tell me if i have forgot something or do something wrong and sorry for my english... :P

(FM20) Cerber V5 by TFF.fmf45.82 kB · 654 downloads

Edited by pw75

First off-season with Newcastle, I spent ensuring I had wingers that were left footed on the left, right on the right etc to see if I could have any improvement with this tactic. Just doesn't seem to work for me. Only thing I can think from seeing these screenshots is that the role suitability is a bit lower than I thought.

Any advice? 

2020-08-28 (1).png

2020-08-29.png

Edited by kingcav

Hey TFF! Just found out this thread with your tactics, it’s working great with my Ajax save. Currently in season two and switched from a Knap tactic to your Cerber, Cerber attack and Shield Wall.  
Won against Barcelona at home 2-1 and killed the game the last 20 minutes using Shield Wall👌🏻