FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, definitely people should try what you suggest and make their own mind and everything what I say might be false and I might tested it wrong

I just share my experience and knowledge about how the training works and that's all and as I said I might be wrong in everything about everything :) 

you should've tested it properly. and fairly. but im actually disappointed as this is a tactical thread where you're supposed to be helping people tactically, not proving peoples training theories wrong unless it concerned your tactic. 

i have never trashed your work/advice, or went to lengths to prove it wrong. When people were giving you ****, i actually defended you on here and FM Base. When i used and tested your tactics, i did it fairly, if i got good results i bragged about it on your thread. If i had poor results, i wouldn't go lengths to say your tactics is bad, because truth is, then i'm probably doing it wrong.

and people asking TFF about the training guide, they should ask me.  

Now I was a little confused. I understood the concept of additional focus and makes sense: only use it if it is really a weakness of the player as it can diminish the others. However, what is the use of double intensity if the risk of injury increases? Can RDF and TTF speak their perceptions?

Just now, RDF Tactics said:

you should've tested it properly. and fairly. but im actually disappointed as this is a tactical thread where you're supposed to be helping people tactically, not proving peoples training theories wrong unless it concerned your tactic. 

i have never trashed your work/advice, or went to lengths to prove it wrong. When people were giving you ****, i actually defended you on here and FM Base. When i used and tested your tactics, i did it fairly, if i got good results i bragged about it on your thread. If i had poor results, i wouldn't go lengths to say your tactics is bad, because truth is, then i'm probably doing it wrong.

and people asking TFF about the training guide, they should ask me.  

Mate, I've added the text below above the post :)

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

First of all, everything that I wrote below might be wrong and it's just my knowledge and experience about the training and you should try what RDF Tactics suggests about the training and make your own mind about it because he's getting a very good results with it 

5 minutes ago, eddiegeografia said:

Now I was a little confused. I understood the concept of additional focus and makes sense: only use it if it is really a weakness of the player as it can diminish the others. However, what is the use of double intensity if the risk of injury increases? Can RDF and TTF speak their perceptions?

hardly any risk..people should read the advice good. i had less injuries than my expected injuries. Same was at Bournemouth, and at UTD

you need to manage your players...if they are tired, you they've played 3 times in one week, maybe leave them out of your squad for the next match. so many ways this can be handled.

20200419190511_1.thumb.jpg.6baa91f09aff8678632aea4455a3a6de.jpg

19 minutes ago, RDF Tactics said:

as we know, in game, CA and PA can also change. so using the editor is irrelevant at this stage..if editor says my player has a PA of 130, depending on whats happening in game, that can be increased? or is that a myth.

Mate, PA(Potential Ability) never changes it's a constant when you start a new save some players have random PA at the begging of the game so they start in a PA range, for example, 100PA-130PA but once they get their PA at the begging of the game it stay the same all the time

4 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, I've added the text below above the post :)

the fact the post is there in the first place is enough for me mate. If someone asked you if it works, i'm sorry, you could've easily said it didn't work for me. Thats all. Its not cool. i've literally spent 2 nights, gathering as much info, screenshots and everything to make it transparent enough for people. you've spent such little precious time on proving it wrong. which then questions what were your intentions in the first place? Because something clearly works, as many people are doing it now, with success. In fact, you are literally the ONLY person saying it doesn't work....you didn't even say it didn't work, you said it doesn't.

like i said, you are entitled to your opinions and research but this feels like it was done out of bad intentions. thats what it feels like. Mutual respect. i respected you (even through what happened) as i've been using your tactics for years now. i would never, specially on my own thread, crap on your work. Its just respect man.

5 minutes ago, topyoyo said:

Hi TFF, I have a question about 2 midfields: if they have same attributes, the only difference is player 1 has better tackling marking and positioning, how will you put these two players in dlp support and cm attack

Hi,

If you are talking about Cerber V4 tactic then I'd say the DM position is supposed to contribute slightly more to the defense than the MCL position so I would play the one with better defensive attribute at the DM position

Just now, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

If you are talking about Cerber V4 tactic then I'd say the DM position is supposed to contribute slightly more to the defense than the MCL position so I would play the one with better defensive attribute at the DM position

Thank you, because I always find player based on highlighted attributes, those three defensive attributes are not included. :)

3 minutes ago, topyoyo said:

Thank you, because I always find player based on highlighted attributes, those three defensive attributes are not included. :)

The highlighted attributes for the roles are a very general guide, the same as the default tactics that are present in the game, no need to think that you'll get the best result if you follow it strictly

I'm with Athetic Bilbao in 2024. The Fight v2 tactic is still inconsistent. He plays spectacular games (5-0 at Atlético de Madrid), but at the same time draws zero to zero other very easy games. What is most frustrating is the time of the match passing very fast, without "key moments". Against the big ones (Barcelona and Real Madrid) I lose out easily. The tactical familiarity is already 100%, only positions that are not. Are there any tips / suggestions? Should I wait any longer to engage?

4 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Mate, PA(Potential Ability) never changes it's a constant when you start a new save some players have random PA at the begging of the game so they start in a PA range, for example, 100PA-130PA but once they get their PA at the begging of the game it stay the same all the time

This isnt true, I had a regen was 170 PA a season after he was 191 PA in very very rare occasions it can change 

1 minute ago, jonnysnipe said:

This isnt true, I had a regen was 170 PA a season after he was 191 PA in very very rare occasions it can change 

but it doesn't even matter. The point in the training guide isn't to increase players PA. It's to develop them and get rapid results. would you rather reach his potential sooner or later? lol

1 minute ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Be responsible, mate! :) No one will take away your 191 PA RB from you but you can help to improve the game ;)

He is definitely right, please report it, it would make the game better for erveryone

31 minutes ago, StussyOriginal said:

Isn't game time a major factor in a players CA? I could put a wonderkid player on RDF's training or normal training but if he doesn't get game time he's not gonna improve at all or is CA always rising and gametime tells whether the stat allocation will increase?

There are many factors that affects a player's development rate:

- the difference between CA and PA, for example, a player with 100 CA / 200 PA will be developing much faster a players with 190 CA / 200 PA 

- a player's Age, for example, under 24 age player get an increased development rate and above 28 age the development rate is almost none exists

- a player's hidden attributes such as Profesional and Ambition, the higher these attributes, the higher the development rate

- the amount of competitive matches he participate during a season, the level of these competitive matches, the rating he gets in these matches

and some other factors

The inconsistency made me evaluate a message from the tactical system: the areas in major issues. Mainly linked to DM. I made an adjustment for DMR and got an improvement in some games. However, I believe that  @Totalfootballfan TTF has already done a statistical analysis to see if this is effective, or depends on specific weaknesses of players and teams. Can you tell? :)

Captura de Tela (41).png

Captura de Tela (42).png

17 minutes ago, eddiegeografia said:

The inconsistency made me evaluate a message from the tactical system: the areas in major issues. Mainly linked to DM. I made an adjustment for DMR and got an improvement in some games. However, I believe that  @Totalfootballfan TTF has already done a statistical analysis to see if this is effective, or depends on specific weaknesses of players and teams. Can you tell? :)

Hi mate,

Unfortunately, I can't understand any of what you are saying but if you want to get a help from me with your save then you need to send me your save at the end of the season. You can upload it there - https://www.zippyshare.com/ and send me a download link in a private message

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

Unfortunately, I can't understand any of what you are saying but if you want to get a help from me with your save then you need to send me your save at the end of the season. You can upload it there - https://www.zippyshare.com/ and send me a download link in a private message

What he meant was he moved the DLP a bit to the right and saw some improvements. What your say about this?

people please, check it out for yourself and don't read what TFF saying because he's missing the point and he seems sad about it. 

20200419180300_1.thumb.jpg.02975677d0b5fd36f48fd7d5b3f295a2.jpg20200419180248_1.thumb.jpg.8c921d658a63ead94e295a1ca8042e34.jpg20200419180235_1.thumb.jpg.a1bcf8551dcf7ded2932178b4c790578.jpg20200419180225_1.thumb.jpg.b650cc94ba2bcf35e2778d53b4510116.jpg20200419180347_1.thumb.jpg.27c2e2e92c0f197cb3d0149388177750.jpg

this is under 12 months development. this is all the guide is about. improving and developing players, the way YOU like with good results....NOT to increase a players PA. its simple. but do difficult for TFF to understand. i've wasted too much time with this  now. any questions, can go to the guide, because i'm sure you lot are asking TFF LOL

this screenshot is from someone else's game...look at the training rating, again, this is the aim...to train well..jesus christ 
image.thumb.png.269217494487f5c2b8f1976c506ec4ba.png

Edited by RDF Tactics

again. 30yr old Balotelli. performing well in 12 months, has a attribute increase due to the training. he's got a good training rating. no coincidence, he's scored 15 gls in 11 games. 14 goals in 9 in the league....again, this is the point...not to increase his PA

this is unedited stuff, just like most peoples games. 

20200420075044_1.thumb.jpg.5b74fe2ea22e575b2a76f3bd8b7b57ca.jpg20200420075237_1.thumb.jpg.e857bb2c72f9a6227a763e41b76a56c0.jpg 20200420075206_1.thumb.jpg.940ebfb563c0a884a933fd24bffcd070.jpg

Edited by RDF Tactics

3 hours ago, Pogben said:

@Totalfootballfan hi im using nottingham and second year in epl but seems like cannot keep cleansheet. I might win but with 4-2 3-2 2-1. Any idea how to fix? I mostly use cerber and tweak either winger side and even go to fighter mode.

please reply

Hi mate,

Here's my sim test with Watford (predicted 13th), the condition and morale of all players in the league were frozen at 100% by FMRTE

The team scored 75 goals and conceded 39 goals

watford-test-1.thumb.png.08dc8aac6a1da9735091903454732df5.png watford-test-2.thumb.png.4c7cdb839caced6c11c6dd0996f108d1.png

Here's my sim test with Man City (predicted 1st), the condition and morale of all players in the league were frozen at 100% by FMRTE

The team scored 110 goals and conceded 29 goals

mc-test-1.thumb.png.4fa441449b49bf7fea13dd2385350728.png mc-test-2.thumb.png.bb52fdaf9e8c8473e06e590e37f934da.png

As you can see the better your team compared with other teams in the league, the more goals you score and the less you concede

As you said you are Nottingham Forest and it's only your second season in EPL so in your place I would be happy just getting points and I wouldn't care about how much I score or concede

31 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi mate,

Here's my sim test with Watford (predicted 13th), the condition and morale of all players in the league were frozen at 100% by FMRTE

The team scored 75 goals and conceded 39 goals

watford-test-1.thumb.png.08dc8aac6a1da9735091903454732df5.png watford-test-2.thumb.png.4c7cdb839caced6c11c6dd0996f108d1.png

Here's my sim test with Man City (predicted 1st), the condition and morale of all players in the league were frozen at 100% by FMRTE

The team scored 110 goals and conceded 29 goals

mc-test-1.thumb.png.4fa441449b49bf7fea13dd2385350728.png mc-test-2.thumb.png.bb52fdaf9e8c8473e06e590e37f934da.png

As you can see the better your team compared with other teams in the league, the more goals you score and the less you concede

As you said you are Nottingham Forest and it's only your second season in EPL so in your place I would be happy just getting points and I wouldn't care about how much I score or concede

Okay will see in the longterm. Thanks for replying. Enjoying your tactic so far. Cheers

5 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

The training rating below I got in my test when I used "Normal Intensity" and didn't used any "Additional Focus" at all so there are many factors that affect the training ratings and the "Training Intensity" and "Additional Focus" aren't the key ones

You know you set 20 for professionalism and ambition right?
 They are all basically Roy Keane, so this is why your training rating is like that. It can't be compared with making different personality players get high ratings.

Man, I don't even know where to start.

1. No one ever said anything about this training method being about increasing CA.
That was never the idea, we don't know if it does maybe a bit better with the yearly increase, maybe not.
Not enough data.
So I have no idea why you are even talking about that.

2. Even if was about that, your test again proves nothing, as you have missed a key
aspect of what RFD does. I also don't think holidaying a season will give the same focus to development as
RDF has, he spends a lot of time praising training, selecting players for the games based on fitness and rest
so they get maximum training and stay above the treshold for double intensity.
If they fall below 90/80/70 they just train normal or even half, so you can miss many days of double. I don't think the assistant watches that. They need to play games, but not so much that it prevents them from training.

3. This is about where the ability gain of one player is located. Most of the players in FM are incomplete in one manner or the other, missing pace, is a great defender but can't pass, or is the perfect striker but has 10 composure so he misses every time he is under pressure. This separates ok players from really good ones, and bad players from ok players. What would Pippo Inzaghi be like if he had 10 composure? Probably a normal player in Italy, not very known.
Almada is a good player many buy on this years game, but his decisions at 10 makes him not so good as he can be.
He is young, so this will improve. Maybe it has increased to 13 in 3-4 years, maybe it takes even longer.
In that time he is not as effective or good as he could have been.
With final third training, match practice, and rest I added those +3 in a year. His composure also went up from 13 to 16, making him as calm in front of goal as Luka Jovic.
Now shooting is being trained, and then he will look complete with still 25-30 abb points to go.
Off course I could have trained him as AMC attack role, which we used to. This would also have added focus to his 10 decisions, but it also has 12 other focus areas, many of which he already has 14 or 15. I don't want to prioritize making a 15 into a 16.
If he gets +6 ability points this season, divided by 13 areas, it is less than half a point for all these if spread evenly.
That wont even show. If you don't see the value of putting it in the place that is needed, then I just don't know. I think it's rude to discredit other peoples findings on this forum, whoever they may be.
You are the one making all these filters, where the left AMC needs to have 15 here and there. Well, with this a lot more players will be trained and then fit your filters. Congratulations! :)

Edited by Rober82

11 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

The training rating below I got in my test when I used "Normal Intensity" and didn't used any "Additional Focus" at all so there are many factors that affect the training ratings and the "Training Intensity" and "Additional Focus" aren't the key ones

tr-1.thumb.png.0c34fc63fdf99c0204fc57c431de4633.png

are you having fun with this or what? you've just given your players crazy PA and CA, with 20 ambition and 20 professionalism. that is not the case in a normal save. 

TFF, start the game, with not editor or FMRT, like most people do, and test for yourself....instead of creating inadequate test. i would be like me testing your tactic, but to prove you wrong, i mess up everyones CA, PA, fitness...it makes no sense and defeats the purpose.

you literally had NO purpose or reason to even test this and post results....i have a thread for this, you can post your findings in my thread instead of hiding behind your yours

like i said, i spent hours on this, along with other people who tested it, its hugely disrespectful and distasteful to do what you did. my advice has nothing to do with you or your thread. it was never even mention. if people messaged you about it, message back, no need to publicly do what you did other than for selfish reasons

Just now, Cadoni said:

I have never seen 10.00 rating. AM takes the training?

he put his players ambition and professionalism on 20. lol. if people are going to test something, test it properly. the normal user will not do this to his players

i don't understand why people do test like this, even the freezing of stats, as it is not a true indication, only a possibility.