FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Agressif said:

I finished the season. Please check save - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mW3g10JAcP7I3Z9UI7NxpSZfjHbjAaQz

Mate, I've made some interesting test for you. Here's a game save at the end of the test - https://www93.zippyshare.com/v/gYeQNyqP/file.html

- I removed all the active leagues except Bundesliga just to proceed faster in the game

- I plugged Cerber V4

- I picked the best starting eleven and set using it for all matches

- I set proper corner takers ( you set wrong ones )

- I set the Motivation attribute of the assistant manager to "20"

- I froze the Condition of all the players in the at 100%

- I went on Holiday until the end of the season

The team is predicted to finish the 3rd place before the season start

dinamo-sim-test-1.thumb.png.9981d3a118a8ab9e61789b0726ae4464.png

but I won the league with 87pts and reached the final of Champions League where lost to Liverpool 0 -  2 :)

dinamo-sim-test-2.thumb.png.490a5c5ef3507ea7389b05b35b6bce54.png

dinamo-sim-test-7.thumb.png.24b7f7d4279cf573839bf113e3abe393.png  dinamo-sim-test-6.thumb.png.456138d0794e0edf81ea8b62a1aa8228.png

dinamo-sim-test-3.thumb.png.b224f4a179f9a2f2a47fb7bb69608e40.png dinamo-sim-test-4.thumb.png.b1852ac20032b497c6c5a39061f1bba4.png dinamo-sim-test-5.thumb.png.14c38658acf7a8a6930dbc82ff6cd44f.png

Here's a result that I got when I didn't freeze the Conditions and left picking and rotation the team to the assistant manager ( Ceber V4 - tactic )

dinamo-no-freezing-test-1.thumb.png.a149590ef4248bd1170b4c15a886f5c0.png

dinamo-no-freezing-test-2.thumb.png.fe781d40975a705adbb9e206ffe26730.png

Conclusion:

The test above shows that when you participate in many competitions and you want to win all of them then having only 11 good players for the competitions isn't enough because without a proper rotation they will "burn out" and you'll fail in all competitions so when you don't have enough good players you have to prioritize the competitions which means play your "reserve" team in some competition otherwise as I said there's a high chance to fail in all competitions due to low Conditions

Also, the test above shows what crazy result you can get if you are able to provide "fresh" players for every match and that proves the importance of a proper Condition management of your players 

12 minutes ago, manidaro7 said:

@Totalfootballfan could you tell us what to do if we have a red card? i am using the cerber v4

if you are winning and it requires protecting the lead then I suggest removing AMC position and moving MCL position to the MC position

if you are losing and it requires scoring goals then I suggest removing MCL position and moving DM position to MC position

Team Meeting

Maybe there are people who don't know about Team Meeting so this information will be very useful for them

Let's say you had a bad run and the morale of all players is "Slightly Poor"

team-meeting-poor-run.thumb.png.14488505d26073156684f0bc478b2395.png

if you go to the Team Meeting then the following dialogue will be available:

team-meeting-1.thumb.png.07c8e657dd6314aef21992b8d7d95a65.png  team-meeting-2.thumb.png.18f8877dec1b5c955be7f97b69aba145.png

and after that dialogue the morale of all players changes from "Slightly Poor" to "Good"

team-meeting-poor-run-3.thumb.png.5693c78927daf0299ad373bc98268bf3.png

An opposite situation when you have a good run instead of a bad run the morale of players is "Good"

team-meeting-poor-run-3.thumb.png.5693c78927daf0299ad373bc98268bf3.png

if you go to the Team Meeting then the following dialogue will be available

team-meeting-good-run-2.thumb.png.ff788c4c17a38881ac52e3a11fa877cb.png team-meeting-good-run-3.thumb.png.08439f3968c02d5da39dfd10afeacfa2.png

and after that dialogue the morale of all players changes from "Good" to "Exceptional"

team-meeting-good-run-4.thumb.png.8c96889b36c56c5df86d0a788690ddba.png

As you can the Team Meeting helps to boost your morale in any situation when you are on a bad or good run and that further boost your results :thup:

Hi TFF,

I have started with Blyth Spartans on Vanaram North and using Cerver V4 but not so effective, maybe because of lack of attributed players on this level. Do you have suggestion for underdogs? Which tactis would be more suitable?

Thanks,

11 minutes ago, pablo1983 said:

15 games in using Cerver V3, planning on using V4 once end of season rebuild happens

image.thumb.png.28138e5dddef486c1d673c9c6775a5e9.png

image.thumb.png.1cd3372cc6ac563f07eb591fd0fcb290.png

image.thumb.png.2571563726dacfe209437d25e979c7c4.png

Hi Mate,

Great results, but Cerber v4 didnt work on me. 

How this players pics showed on tactic screen? Is this because of skin? which skin you are using?

Thanks,

4 hours ago, Avdzha said:

Hi TFF,

I have started with Blyth Spartans on Vanaram North and using Cerver V4 but not so effective, maybe because of lack of attributed players on this level. Do you have suggestion for underdogs? Which tactis would be more suitable?

Thanks,

Mate im also on Vanarama Noirth using cerber v4 with kings lynn which is a promoted team from the league under vanarama north and im cruising with it ! ;)

sss1.JPG

Never got , not even close, a stable defense like this and so few goals conceded ! can you show some pics of your results and starting eleven! are you using instant result?

Edited by Jonas91

4 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

As you can the Team Meeting helps to boost your morale in any situation when you are on a bad or good run and that further boost your results :thup:

Many thanks Mate! that information is awesome ! team meatings is a thing i would normally always run away from as i normally would get the opposite reaction of the one i hoped! i once did one before a big game and because i said the wrong thing and i got the team morale even lower of what they did already! :lol:

1 hour ago, Jonas91 said:

Mate im also on Vanarama Noirth using cerber v4 with kings lynn which is a promoted team from the league under vanarama north and im cruising with it ! ;)

sss1.JPG

Never got , not even close, a stable defense like this and so few goals conceded ! can you show some pics of your results and starting eleven! are you using instant result?

Hi mate,

I changed it into Cerber v3 after vs. Curzon match and now everything looks great for the team, here is some SSs... I am not using instant results...Maybe will try Cerber v4 in the beginning of the new season ;) 

514243783_BlythSpartans_Fikstr.thumb.png.3733d33e2344a12be4541de4f743ff08.png2038386769_BlythSpartans_GenelBak.thumb.png.2fef1b4aae65120a4ace92560c53c6e1.png

Edited by Avdzha

37 minutes ago, Avdzha said:

Hi mate,

I changed it into Cerber v3 after vs. Curzon match and now everything looks great for the team, here is some SSs... I am not using instant results...Maybe will try Cerber v4 in the beginning of the new season ;) 

514243783_BlythSpartans_Fikstr.thumb.png.3733d33e2344a12be4541de4f743ff08.png2038386769_BlythSpartans_GenelBak.thumb.png.2fef1b4aae65120a4ace92560c53c6e1.png

wait, you only lost 3 games for a 1 goal margins and 2 of the 3 teams were professional ! i dont see why the need to change! semi pro team take a lot more time to gel! i also lost agaisnt kidderminster and your! we wont winn'em all ! xD i do also use overload and shield wall and i believe if it werent for that some 1 goal margin wins could very possible have been draws! are you using shield wall and overload?

47 minutes ago, Jonas91 said:

wait, you only lost 3 games for a 1 goal margins and 2 of the 3 teams were professional ! i dont see why the need to change! semi pro team take a lot more time to gel! i also lost agaisnt kidderminster and your! we wont winn'em all ! xD i do also use overload and shield wall and i believe if it werent for that some 1 goal margin wins could very possible have been draws! are you using shield wall and overload?

Yes, I am using also shield wall for parking the bus and overload cerber v4 when seeking goal...Maybe You are right, I will change it into Cerber v4 when got similarity,

thanks for your comments :) , good luck

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

FIrst off, loving the quality of these tactics! I am getting solid results whilst also keeping a good number of cleansheets.

The only issue I am having with any of the tactics you have developed is getting any of my Strikers to score. The wide-men score for fun and the lads playing in the middle of the park chip in with a few but whoever I play up top only seems to score sporadically.

Is there anything that you or anyone else has done to get them to score or is this just a side-affect of the effectiveness of the tactics themselves?

18 minutes ago, davecrossley said:

Hey @Totalfootballfan,

FIrst off, loving the quality of these tactics! I am getting solid results whilst also keeping a good number of cleansheets.

The only issue I am having with any of the tactics you have developed is getting any of my Strikers to score. The wide-men score for fun and the lads playing in the middle of the park chip in with a few but whoever I play up top only seems to score sporadically.

Is there anything that you or anyone else has done to get them to score or is this just a side-affect of the effectiveness of the tactics themselves?

who are your strikers mate? :)

13 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Spoiler

Mate, I've made some interesting test for you. Here's a game save at the end of the test - https://www93.zippyshare.com/v/gYeQNyqP/file.html

- I removed all the active leagues except Bundesliga just to proceed faster in the game

- I plugged Cerber V4

- I picked the best starting eleven and set using it for all matches

- I set proper corner takers ( you set wrong ones )

- I set the Motivation attribute of the assistant manager to "20"

- I froze the Condition of all the players in the at 100%

- I went on Holiday until the end of the season

The team is predicted to finish the 3rd place before the season start

dinamo-sim-test-1.thumb.png.9981d3a118a8ab9e61789b0726ae4464.png

but I won the league with 87pts and reached the final of Champions League where lost to Liverpool 0 -  2 :)

dinamo-sim-test-2.thumb.png.490a5c5ef3507ea7389b05b35b6bce54.png

dinamo-sim-test-7.thumb.png.24b7f7d4279cf573839bf113e3abe393.png  dinamo-sim-test-6.thumb.png.456138d0794e0edf81ea8b62a1aa8228.png

dinamo-sim-test-3.thumb.png.b224f4a179f9a2f2a47fb7bb69608e40.png dinamo-sim-test-4.thumb.png.b1852ac20032b497c6c5a39061f1bba4.png dinamo-sim-test-5.thumb.png.14c38658acf7a8a6930dbc82ff6cd44f.png

Here's a result that I got when I didn't freeze the Conditions and left picking and rotation the team to the assistant manager ( Ceber V4 - tactic )

dinamo-no-freezing-test-1.thumb.png.a149590ef4248bd1170b4c15a886f5c0.png

dinamo-no-freezing-test-2.thumb.png.fe781d40975a705adbb9e206ffe26730.png

Conclusion:

The test above shows that when you participate in many competitions and you want to win all of them then having only 11 good players for the competitions isn't enough because without a proper rotation they will "burn out" and you'll fail in all competitions so when you don't have enough good players you have to prioritize the competitions which means play your "reserve" team in some competition otherwise as I said there's a high chance to fail in all competitions due to low Conditions

Also, the test above shows what crazy result you can get if you are able to provide "fresh" players for every match and that proves the importance of a proper Condition management of your players 

Amazing result

13 minutes ago, domel said:

Hey TFF, who would you recommend to Diego Dalot or Reece James? Thank you in advance.

i would choose reece james as he has better stats overall! ;)

4 hours ago, Jonas91 said:

who are your strikers mate? :)

I have several at my disposal....

Erling Haaland

Lautaro Martinez

Troy Parrott

Mason Greenwood

Sebastiano Esposito

I also have Vinicius Junior, Marcus Rashford, Ansu Fati & Anthony Martial.

Out of those, who do would you advise I stick on the wings and who up top? Any particular individual or team instructions that I should be implementing with the players at my disposal? 

1 minute ago, davecrossley said:

I have several at my disposal....

Erling Haaland

Lautaro Martinez

Troy Parrott

Mason Greenwood

Sebastiano Esposito

I also have Vinicius Junior, Marcus Rashford, Ansu Fati & Anthony Martial.

Out of those, who do would you advise I stick on the wings and who up top? Any particular individual or team instructions that I should be implementing with the players at my disposal? 

i would put at front the one who is faster , with off the ball and finishing! decisions are nice too! bonus if they play with both feet! 

38 minutes ago, Nonolo said:

One of my cb s got 13 acc and 14 pace is that too slow for cerber4?

it depends on the league you play

For example, at the screenshot below the Acceleration and Pace stats of Hull City's players

As you can see the fastest players have 14 Acceleration 14 Pace so if your league consists of such teams then a central defender with 13 Acceleration and 14 Pace would be among the fastest players on the pitch

hull-city-speed.thumb.png.dfe3c73ab12999f565649f3e7524be44.png

Here are the Acceleration and Pace of Liverpool's players

As you can see there are lot of players with 16+ Acceleration and 16+ Pace and if your league consists of such teams then a central defender with 13 Acceleration and 14 Pace might be a bit slow

liverpool.thumb.png.3f5f2a7009c3044854b9c1c335a8d85a.png

First off all, thanks for your tactics! I've been conceding lots of goals, but since I'm a low tier team playing first division I'm assuming it's because of the quality of my CBs - I'm usually outscoring my opponents. 

The only question I have is regarding the corners. Should I move MR/ML to the corner spot or should I just assign those players on the set piece takers? I'm asking these because sometimes I have to play my main MR as a WBR, and I don't know if this would interfere that bad with the tactics. I'm using Cerber V4 btw.

Once again, thanks for your tactics, they're awesome!

17 minutes ago, whoark25 said:

First off all, thanks for your tactics! I've been conceding lots of goals, but since I'm a low tier team playing first division I'm assuming it's because of the quality of my CBs - I'm usually outscoring my opponents. 

The only question I have is regarding the corners. Should I move MR/ML to the corner spot or should I just assign those players on the set piece takers? I'm asking these because sometimes I have to play my main MR as a WBR, and I don't know if this would interfere that bad with the tactics. I'm using Cerber V4 btw.

Once again, thanks for your tactics, they're awesome!

Hi mate,

I'm glad to hear the tactic works good for you

The corner setup of Cerber V4 is designed in such way that only the ML/MR positions should takes the corners because other positions have important roles in the corner setup so if you want that some other positions took the corner then it requires adjusting the corner setup  

Hey TFF.

I recently picked up fm20, was googling some tactics and stuff and have seen that you've been banned on other site, and wanted to quit tactic making. I'm glad that you didn't. Your stuff always worked for me in the past.

In most games i play i like to min max, and usually find my own OP strategies. Would you reveal a bit how you approach making a tactic?

Do you watch game engine to see how players behave or do you just straight up test blindly for a year with ready made save?

Since we're playing the engine and predefined tactics that AI's use. Anything could work. Like 6 defenders or some other weird combination, so how do you go about your process?

Thx.

2 hours ago, MikeRuttz said:

TFF,

Have you considered looking at the corner and throw in routines again?

99% of the time the goalkeeper claims them or the team break from them and score. Very little success with them currently

Agree with this! I dread a long throw on key highlights as I know the keeper claims it and the opposition team counter and create a good chance.

Hi TFF, just a quick question. How do you get your advanced forward to play ‘more direct passes’? When I try and replicate your tactic manually it won’t let me change to ‘more direct passes’ for the advanced forward? - just wondered how you’ve somehow managed to do it. Cheers

1 hour ago, jackgawthorp said:

Hi TFF, just a quick question. How do you get your advanced forward to play ‘more direct passes’? When I try and replicate your tactic manually it won’t let me change to ‘more direct passes’ for the advanced forward? - just wondered how you’ve somehow managed to do it. Cheers

Hi mate,

Some individual passing directness and pressing intensity settings are only available with some specific team passing directness and pressing intensity settings but the they stay active when you change the team passing directness and pressing intensity settings but I don't notice that they make any difference in that so I'm sure that they can be safely ignored.

5 hours ago, cunik maxiumus said:

In most games i play i like to min max, and usually find my own OP strategies. Would you reveal a bit how you approach making a tactic?

Do you watch game engine to see how players behave or do you just straight up test blindly for a year with ready made save?

Since we're playing the engine and predefined tactics that AI's use. Anything could work. Like 6 defenders or some other weird combination, so how do you go about your process?

Hi mate,

Both ways work for me. Some things I find when I watch matches in full and some things I find when I analyze big data sample after some test

I'd say a blindly testing of all possible formation/roles/duties/PIs/TIs combinations would be a stupid thing to do because there are so combinations that it'll take ages doing that, especially, for a regular FM player that doesn't use any 3rd party software for automatizations.

For example, there's a cup of tea on the table, it's 70 degree hot and after you tried it you found that it burns so if you think logically then you don't have to try 71, 72, 73. 74. 75 and so on degree temperatures to conclude that it'll also burn so logical thinking could save you a lot of time not to test things :)   

19 minutes ago, seeker99 said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan,

which formation is the most efficient for AI Managers?
I want to do some Simulations. You said before that the formation Juventus is playing right from start is not efficient.

Best regards

Hi,

I'd say there are many effective formations to test against but AI teams that use narrow formations with 4 at the back almost always get the worst results in my tests so I don't see a point in spending time on testing against these formations and I'd say these formation could be safely excluded from testing, especially, when there won't be any further ME changes

Hi @Totalfootballfan

Recently I have used your ANHILATOR V1 and FIGHTER V1 tactic, but only FIGHTER V1 tactic works out for me. I am managed to finish 3rd on my Real Sociedad save in first season but I still conceded a lot of goals.

Into the second season, I have followed your advice on pick the right player for the tactic, method of training and shouts during the match, but sometimes it is very frustrating to play a match where I record 20+ shots and 10 SOTs but still lose. A lot of shot is either go straight into GK or over the bar, most of the goal comes from set pieces and long shot from Midfielder. Forward is quite poor only score 20goals in my first season.

What tweak should I look to change this situation? Thanks for your advice (Sorry for my grammar)

Edited by vangtoiga

31 minutes ago, vangtoiga said:

Hi @Totalfootballfan

Recently I have used your ANHILATOR V1 and FIGHTER V1 tactic, but only FIGHTER V1 tactic works out for me. I am managed to finish 3rd on my Real Sociedad save in first season but I still conceded a lot of goals.

Into the second season, I have followed your advice on pick the right player for the tactic, method of training and shouts during the match, but sometimes it is very frustrating to play a match where I record 20+ shots and 10 SOTs but still lose. A lot of shot is either go straight into GK or over the bar, most of the goal comes from set pieces and long shot from Midfielder. Forward is quite poor only score 20goals in my first season.

What tweak should I look to change this situation? Thanks for your advice (Sorry for my grammar)

Hi,

My advice are simple: use Cerber V4 tactic or Fighter V2 tactic, keep improving your team and glorious results will come :)

4 minutes ago, Drunken Master said:

Hi tff, which tactic you recommend for Montpelier and Reims? 

Hi,

Read the OP, mate and all answers are there ;)

3 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

I'd say there are many effective formations to test against but AI teams that use narrow formations with 4 at the back almost always get the worst results in my tests so I don't see a point in spending time on testing against these formations and I'd say these formation could be safely excluded from testing, especially, when there won't be any further ME changes

maybe you misinterpretated my question.

I just want to simulate through the year being without job. I just want to see how some editor changes work and it would help me a lot if i know which basic tactic performs best for ai teams.

2 minutes ago, seeker99 said:

maybe you misinterpretated my question.

I just want to simulate through the year being without job. I just want to see how some editor changes work and it would help me a lot if i know which basic tactic performs best for ai teams.

"the best tactic" for AI is a very tricky question... for example, let's take Liverpool, the best players in the team are Mane and Salah but they don't have any rating at all for the ML/MR positions so if you change Klopp's preferred formations to 4-5-1(DM) then he won't pick them in the starting elven so it'll have a huge impact on the result so Liverpool will be having the best results using 4231 or 41221(DM) formations even those formations aren't the most effective   

On 04/04/2020 at 23:14, StussyOriginal said:

Cerber v4 has to be the best tactic I've used on this years edition. Finally found a tactic where my striker actually consistently scores. 

This is my season so far

Untitled33.thumb.png.de3095d47134ec59f4ad4a989221271a.png

Hi, Can you post a screenshot of Pellegri in your save in 2027? 

4 hours ago, Totalfootballfan said:

"the best tactic" for AI is a very tricky question... for example, let's take Liverpool, the best players in the team are Mane and Salah but they don't have any rating at all for the ML/MR positions so if you change Klopp's preferred formations to 4-5-1(DM) then he won't pick them in the starting elven so it'll have a huge impact on the result so Liverpool will be having the best results using 4231 or 41221(DM) formations even those formations aren't the most effective   

Lets assume i would change there ratings to fit them into the new tactic. So 4-5-1(DM) is more effective than 4231?