FM20 Tactics by TFF

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, loopybee said:

Hi bud,

First I'd like to thank you for all the hard work you put into creating these tactics, and, posting home for free.

Be great to see you whip up a 'shield wall' tactic.  Dear god i loved that one on FM19.

Hi mate,

I've tried to get an acceptable efficiency level from 4-5-1 formation but had no luck so far.

3 hours ago, Discopants said:

Are there any tweaks/updates for the Stalker tactic?

Perfect fit for my squad but getting mixed results currently.

No mate... I dropped it, I find that 4-2-3-1 formation offers a very low efficiency level and it's not fun to play with that at least for me

Hi TFF

I had very good results with Raptor with each version when released in general but did struggle a bit away from home and had patches where my form was a bit dodgy.

Only played the last few games with Raptor v4, won 3 and lost 1 and got Derby promoted from the Championship in 2020/21 as runners up when predicted to finish 11th and finished 15th the season before.  Early days with v4 but it did seem better to me so thanks again for all your work on the tactics and making it easier for people like me to enjoy the game.

46 minutes ago, Victorhugo4222 said:

I used to follow your tactics on fmBiased, sorry FMBase, as i find this site a bit less user friendly to find things?

Hi, mate. I see what you're getting at but I can say that the path of hatred is path to nowhere so I suggest dropping any grudge or hate and just try to enjoy the game… no need to forget that this is just a game and it should be fun, you don't have to prove anything to anyone and when you start to take it too seriously then you are in trouble  :)

2 minutes ago, Victorhugo4222 said:

As for taking the game too  seriously isn't what you did with multiple accounts taking it a little too seriously? :idiot:

That's off-topic. Discuss tactics by all means, but the issue has been dealt with by us and this is definitely not the place for it.

4 minutes ago, Victorhugo4222 said:

Ok Apologies to TFF was just a bit of tongue in cheek humour. Being Scottish our humour can be a little dry at times :onmehead:

No worries. :thup: Just trying to prevent something flaring up again. We've all moved on.  :)

7 minutes ago, Tydomo said:

Hey TFF?! for the raptor V4? is it right midfielder better to be right footed or still left footed? just wondering now they are wide midfielders?

Hey mate,

Even that in Raptor the wide players are Wide Midfielders I suggest using this:

ML : Right Foot – Very Strong 

MR : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

29 minutes ago, Scruffer23 said:

@Totalfootballfan is there any chance you could post a list of budget players for Raptor please bud 

Honestly, mate… I don't think such list would be useful because players' price, clubs willingness to sell them and their willingness to join you team depends on many factors and those factors varies greatly from save to save and from season to season.

I suggest you'd better learn how to use the filters and adjust them to fit your current team or you can learn how to use 3rd party software like FMRTE or Genie Scout to look for players.

using predator v1, works pretty well for me:) also reached one of the cup finals:) Best of all the strikers are scoring goals!! But all over a bit few assist, many of the goals are rebounds from the goalie etc. I am predicted 4th and the board expect top 5.

Skjermbilde 2020-01-15 kl. 21.16.27.png

Skjermbilde 2020-01-15 kl. 21.16.18.png

Skjermbilde 2020-01-15 kl. 21.16.08.png

Skjermbilde 2020-01-15 kl. 21.14.57.png

Edited by Llainen

24 minutes ago, Tydomo said:

Been looking through the filters mate how would u go about buying young players etc? look for good determination? work rate?

I'm using the in-game editor or any 3rd party software that can reveal: Current Ability (CA), Potential Ability (PA), Professionalism and Ambitions attributes and of course the starting attributes should fit the role.

I know a lot of people prefer not to using any software to see CA/PA and use scouts to other sources to get a clue about them but for me it's more fun to play when I can see them :)

Hi TFF, could you do a sim with Real Madrid? I know it’s maybe not the toughest test but fun to see what kind of results you get. Would be cool to see how Hazard plays on the left.

I feel now you are in the right forum finally. Always followed you on FM Base but now I feel like you are “home”. The test above might inspire me to buy FM20. I liked 19 a lot, with your tactic of course, but 20 has not attracted me yet. Cheers

8 hours ago, Scruffer23 said:

@Totalfootballfan what CA would you recommend for Scottish prem I’m Glasgow Rangers so would like to compete in Europe too !!

The starting eleven of the 2 best teams in the league( Celtic and Rangers ) are composed of 125-145 CA players which means that any 145 CA player is a very good player for Scottish Pem League and if you have a team that is compose of 145 CA players then you will be dominate the league

If you want to compete in Champions League then you must compete against such clubs as Barca, Liverpool, Man City and so on... their starting eleven are compose of 160 - 190 CA players :)

5 hours ago, Josifovski said:

Hi TFF, could you do a sim with Real Madrid? I know it’s maybe not the toughest test but fun to see what kind of results you get. Would be cool to see how Hazard plays on the left.

Hi mate,

I can sim with Real Madrid but honestly I don't much use of it because the result will be very similar with the Barcelona save so if you want to get a clue what it will be with Real Madrid then you can just look at the Barca test,

5 hours ago, Josifovski said:

The test above might inspire me to buy FM20. I liked 19 a lot, with your tactic of course, but 20 has not attracted me yet. Cheers

I can say that obviously, FM20 is way more challenging than FM19, especially, if you played it with Gladiator tactic and to win trophies in FM20 you need a really good team comparing with your competitors and the best tactic possible and also some luck requires :)

24 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

The starting eleven of the 2 best teams in the league( Celtic and Rangers ) are composed of 145-125 CA players which means that any 145 CA player is a very good player for Scottish Pem League and if you have a team that is compose of 145 CA players then you will be dominate the league

If you want to compete in Champions League then you must compete against such clubs as Barca, Liverpool, Man City and so on... their starting eleven are compose of 190 - 160 CA players :)

Cheers @Totalfootballfan I should be hitting pre season tonight and need a couple of players in 

Hi mate,

I can sim with Real Madrid but honestly I don't much use of it because the result will be very similar with the Barcelona save so if you want to get a clue what it will be with Real Madrid then you can just look at the Barca test,

I can say that obviously, FM20 is way more challenging than FM19, especially, if you played it with Gladiator tactic and to win trophies in FM20 you need a really good team comparing with your competitors and the best tactic possible and also some luck requires :)

TFF this tactics are giving very good results and i really appriciate you making these tactics so this is not meant as criticism  but i have som question you maybe can answer if you have the time.

How come on almost all tactics this year that wingers are playing very mediocre and producing little to none goals/assists? I have Coman, Man, Thauvin and payet as my 4 best wingers and they have an average on 6.80-6,95 with thauvin leading with 3 assists and 3 goals after 30+ matches played.. The only offensive players who play good are the right central midfielder and the right attacker. The left cm and striker are very average. On the left cm palacios, Samson two class players for League 1 are struggling. Once i move them to the right cm they play good. I have tried tweaking but it just wont work.

As the mastermind of these tactics how are the goals supposed to be scored? 10-15 times a match my players are alone with the GK but miss. So i guess the main plan are long balls behind the defense. Even both my strikers have superb stats they rarely scores 1v1 with the GK. Most my goals are scored after the keeper gives a rebound, a cross that is poorly cleared away or set pieces. Which means my players produces very little assist also and the goals mainly comes from my striker and the right midfielder. My top assist king so far is Left Back Amavi with 6 assist and i have played a total of 33 matches.

Once again i am not being negative and the tactic is producing good results. But the football is a bit to boring/predictable, and i can also win 2-0 with the average rating of my team being 6.9 which is a bit weird? I am Marseille so its not like my players are Sunday league footballers. And yes i know someone thinks i should shut up and make my own tactic if i am not happy, but i will be the first to admit tactic making is not my field and i dont have so much time to play so i want to use the time i have to actually play the game:) Thanks TFF:) 

Edited by Llainen

9 minutes ago, Llainen said:

Once again i am not being negative and the tactic is producing good results. But the football is a bit to boring/predictable, and i can also win 2-0 with the average rating of my team being 6.9 which is a bit weird?

Mate, that`s not from the tactics, that`s the ME. :idiot:

It is in a really bad shape right now :seagull: , let`s hope for an update soon! :brock:

26 minutes ago, Llainen said:

TFF this tactics are giving very good results and i really appriciate you making these tactics so this is not meant as criticism  but i have som question you maybe can answer if you have the time.

How come on almost all tactics this year that wingers are playing very mediocre and producing little to none goals/assists? I have Coman, Man, Thauvin and payet as my 4 best wingers and they have an average on 6.80-6,95 with thauvin leading with 3 assists and 3 goals after 30+ matches played.. The only offensive players who play good are the right central midfielder and the right attacker. The left cm and striker are very average. On the left cm palacios, Samson two class players for League 1 are struggling. Once i move them to the right cm they play good. I have tried tweaking but it just wont work.

As the mastermind of these tactics how are the goals supposed to be scored? 10-15 times a match my players are alone with the GK but miss. So i guess the main plan are long balls behind the defense. Even both my strikers have superb stats they rarely scores 1v1 with the GK. Most my goals are scored after the keeper gives a rebound, a cross that is poorly cleared away or set pieces. Which means my players produces very little assist also and the goals mainly comes from my striker and the right midfielder. My top assist king so far is Left Back Amavi with 6 assist and i have played a total of 33 matches.

Once again i am not being negative and the tactic is producing good results. But the football is a bit to boring/predictable, and i can also win 2-0 with the average rating of my team being 6.9 which is a bit weird? I am Marseille so its not like my players are Sunday league footballers. And yes i know someone thinks i should shut up and make my own tactic if i am not happy, but i will be the first to admit tactic making is not my field and i dont have so much time to play so i want to use the time i have to actually play the game:) Thanks TFF:) 

Mate, I'd say that creating a very efficient tactic for FM20 is already a very complicated task by itself and if you also add some additional requirements like wingers must score the most goals and have 8.0 rating every match and so on then I'd say such task would be almost impossible. :)

As far I know you are using Predator and as I said before it's less efficient than Raptor so with Raptor you would had slightly better rating across the positions. You can check my sim tests and see what stats you can expect to see for every position with Raptor.

If you ask me then I'd be happy already to have a tactic which would allow me to greatly overachiving with any team and I wouldn't focused on the performance of specific positions in it. ;)

4 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

I'd suggest checking the stats above at the end of the season and if you find they are too high only then I'd start worrying :)

conciding-stats.thumb.png.99ded8a9aa8537a0fa6f8b58578fbba1.png

I thought it was worse but I don't think the resulting scramble counts towards them stats?

Also, with all the over the top balls, is it better to look for a keeper with high rushing out and acceleration stats to get them flying off the line?

10 minutes ago, Dicko1878 said:

I thought it was worse but I don't think the resulting scramble counts towards them stats?

It's really hard to tell for sure how they are calculated but I find that the representation is close to reality.

10 minutes ago, Dicko1878 said:

Also, with all the over the top balls, is it better to look for a keeper with high rushing out and acceleration stats to get them flying off the line?

Obviously, a high Acceleration and Rushing Out attributes will help but I would not trade them for other important attributes such Reflexes and One on Ones

2 minutes ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Obviously, a high Acceleration and Rushing Out attributes will help but I would not trade them for other important attributes such Reflexes and One on Ones

Im thinking of getting rid of Pickford (I'm an Everton fan and I don't like him) and he has mediocre stats for 1v1s etc. Can you recommend a keeper I could realistically get, I'm halfway in the first season. Looking at this guy from Dinamo:

20200116164926_1.jpg

1 minute ago, Dicko1878 said:

Im thinking of getting rid of Pickford (I'm an Everton fan and I don't like him) and he has mediocre stats for 1v1s etc. Can you recommend a keeper I could realistically get, I'm halfway in the first season.

I would personally recommend finding one yourself. It's more fun that way.

7 minutes ago, Dicko1878 said:

Im thinking of getting rid of Pickford (I'm an Everton fan and I don't like him) and he has mediocre stats for 1v1s etc. Can you recommend a keeper I could realistically get, I'm halfway in the first season. Looking at this guy from Dinamo:

20200116164926_1.jpg

Dominik Livakovic is better than Jordan Pickford but Pickford is also a good GK but he's only a bit slow that's true, also, Pickford is an English player with "Home Grown" status and I'd say this means a lot :)

Hi Mr.TFF do you have a plan to make another striker's role such as Complete Forward, Pressing Word or something ? or Advance Forward is most suitable on your tactic ? by the way I personally love your Raptor V4 XD  and it gave the best result to my Arsenal with undefeated and won the treble.

1 hour ago, earthomac1 said:

Hi Mr.TFF do you have a plan to make another striker's role such as Complete Forward, Pressing Word or something ? or Advance Forward is most suitable on your tactic ? by the way I personally love your Raptor V4 XD  and it gave the best result to my Arsenal with undefeated and won the treble.

Hi,

I find that the Advanced Forward role is the most efficient role for the strikers in the tactic. Why do you want change it? :)

11 minutes ago, Ninodebest said:

@Totalfootballfan There is a public beta release with match engine changes. Are you planning to make a tactic for this one or planning to find out if your Raptor V4 have the same efficiency on this version?

It's a beta version and highly likely there'll be more changes so I'd prefer to wait for the release version before starting any testing.

But I'm sure that Raptor V4 will be solid with any changes.

1 hour ago, Totalfootballfan said:

Hi,

I find that the Advanced Forward role is the most efficient role for the strikers in the tactic. Why do you want change it? :)

It's a beta version and highly likely there'll be more changes so I'd prefer to wait for the release version before starting any testing.

But I'm sure that Raptor V4 will be solid with any changes.

First game after the beta update, and quite a good result:

27399b4a2459a3948dbb8e203e9b00ca.png

639fad3b7b709298b11ef4d32572da66.png

Edited by Ninodebest

PUBLIC BETA TACTICS

Guys, I've added 2 public beta tactics to the OP

Learn more - 
https://community.sigames.com/topic/511298-football-manager-2020-public-beta-including-match-engine-changes-out-now/

DESTROYER V1

-- MR : Right Foot – Very Strong 

-- ML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

PUBLIC-BETA-FM20-Destroyer-V1-by-TFF.png

CONQUEROR V1

-- AMR : Right Foot – Very Strong 

-- AML : Left Foot - Very Strong/Strong/Fairly Strong

PUBLIC-BETA-FM20-Conqueror-V1-by-TFF.png

vor 49 Minuten schrieb Totalfootballfan:

PUBLIC BETA TACTICS

Guys, I've added 2 public beta tactics to the OP

CONQUEROR V1

Ohhh...i have good memories for the last CONQUEROR (FM19) tactic.  :D
Just finished my Dota2-Nightsession, perfect time for FM20.

Ty@TFF and have a pretty nice weekend@all.
:hammer:

@

kelvin0131

(PUBLIC - BETA - FM20) DESTROYER V1 by TFF.fmf

Edited by Nebuuu