Inter Miami... A clean slate for a dna save?

EnigMattic1

Ok, in this version of FM, I have found myself getting very into the concept of a dna setup as whoever I choose to manage. 

My question is this, would Inter Miami be the 'perfect' starting block? Being a new franchise, they have no history to build off of and next to no players. Surely, this would be a perfect place to start and begin the foundations of a legacy? 

Also, 

Can I actually start as Inter Miami? I don't know how the coding is for the MLS and their inclusion. If a season had to be played before they join, would I only have friendlies available to play or are they unmanageable until they join? 

38 minutes ago, lblanc said:

As far as I know you can manage them straight away, the first year will be friendlies and building a team 

Building is an understatement! I've just looked at the 'squad' and they have 4 players, all out on loan. I think I'm going to have to give it a go. It looks like a project as opposed to a save. 

Edited by EnigMattic1

5 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

About 15.5m to build an entire squad and only friendlies until the following season. Talk about a challenge. 

Sounds good...Take advantage of the friendlies, try and get some money in that way. Nashville also join at same time. I'd expect that one to be even more difficult. Won't have the glitz & glamour of Miami.

20 minutes ago, gholliday87 said:

Sounds good...Take advantage of the friendlies, try and get some money in that way. Nashville also join at same time. I'd expect that one to be even more difficult. Won't have the glitz & glamour of Miami.

Forgot about them. Guess it's because they don't have 'Goldenballs' backing them so they don't get all the publicity. Am I right in thinking a team from Texas has Matthew McConaughey on board? 

7 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Forgot about them. Guess it's because they don't have 'Goldenballs' backing them so they don't get all the publicity. Am I right in thinking a team from Texas has Matthew McConaughey on board? 

Yes! Austin FC. Who start in 2021

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

About 15.5m to build an entire squad and only friendlies until the following season. Talk about a challenge. 

Would be more then enough, given the MLS rules come end of December were you are part of the draft process. 

I stand corrected but as a New Team I believe you get first pick of players released by the other MLS franchises

16 minutes ago, lblanc said:

Would be more then enough, given the MLS rules come end of December were you are part of the draft process. 

I stand corrected but as a New Team I believe you get first pick of players released by the other MLS franchises

It is possible, but, you can't exactly buy anyone decent as that will take a substantial amount from your budget. Even if you didn't pay over 1m on a player, that's still a minimum of 15 players, not counting signing on fees. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not complaining. This is already shaping up to be my kind of save. 

MacArthur FC in Australia also start with nothing if that’s what your looking for. Western United (also in Australia) start with minimal staff and a full squad of players but it’s those first season in 2019/20

10 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Excited to see how you guys get on and what kind of teams you can build.. 

I'll let you be the pioneers into this and i'll follow the crowd if it works out well.

Same interested in seeing how this adventure goes both here and real life

Yeah, Nashville have a full squad, whereas Miami have 4 players, all out on loan. They also have minimal staff (only the DoF) and a budget of 15.5m. I just wish I understood the rules regarding signing, trading and the draft. Is it even possible to pay for a player from another MLS club? 

1 hour ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Yeah, Nashville have a full squad, whereas Miami have 4 players, all out on loan. They also have minimal staff (only the DoF) and a budget of 15.5m. I just wish I understood the rules regarding signing, trading and the draft. Is it even possible to pay for a player from another MLS club? 

You would be better to use your general allocation money when buying a player from the MLS

1 hour ago, MWE said:

You would be better to use your general allocation money when buying a player from the MLS

Thing is, I don't have any general allocation money at the moment. I have a transfer budget but no allocation money. 

I'm just building my backroom staff until the first draft

2 hours ago, Welshace said:

No friendlies to boost money?

I can't offer dp contracts either. I'm going on the assumption that these will become available once I actually join the MLS. At the moment, I'm not in a league so that may explain why I don't have the MLS transfer rules. Maybe @MWE could shed some light on this? 

1 hour ago, MWE said:

I didn't bring in a DP until January 2020 I think

I'm struggling to bring in anyone. My scouts will find someone they say is interested in signing on a DP contract. yet when it comes to negotiating, the player doesn't want to know. I have no allocation funds to use in negotiation either.

I want to play some friendlies but there is no point unless i have players to play in them.

3 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I'm struggling to bring in anyone. My scouts will find someone they say is interested in signing on a DP contract. yet when it comes to negotiating, the player doesn't want to know. I have no allocation funds to use in negotiation either.

I want to play some friendlies but there is no point unless i have players to play in them.

What date are you at?

4 hours ago, Gunnersmoke said:

How has everyone fared with transfers then? Was considering inter Miami but I’ve struggled to get into a save tbh this year 

I picked up a handful in March '19 who had been wavered after the draft, couple of free transfers and I'm currently in July '19. I should have the expansion draft coming up soon so, hopefully, I can fill my team out.

I also used a couple of my signings in trades for other players or superdraft picks. 

Don't get me wrong, it is kinda boring when you are not playing matches but I'm still enjoying the save. I can build the team the way I want it to be and any players I'm interested in are fully scouted before the superdraft.