Loan Manager- uncontrollable?

I have a loan manager who looks after all my squad loans ( not really sure why, but that is another story ). I have several of my reserves who  are close to the first team and with a small first team squad, was keeping them close in case they were needed.  I marked them all unavailable for loan, but he has now sent 2 of them away on loan for the season ( for nil contribution to wages and no fee! ) and I cant appear to stop the deal going through.  I have the final word on all sales throughout the club, but can see any way of controlling this member of staff.  Am I missing something in staff responsibilities?

19 minutes ago, FrazT said:

I have a loan manager who looks after all my squad loans ( not really sure why, but that is another story ). I have several of my reserves who  are close to the first team and with a small first team squad, was keeping them close in case they were needed.  I marked them all unavailable for loan, but he has now sent 2 of them away on loan for the season ( for nil contribution to wages and no fee! ) and I cant appear to stop the deal going through.  I have the final word on all sales throughout the club, but can see any way of controlling this member of staff.  Am I missing something in staff responsibilities?

Did you checked who is incharge of U23/ Reserve/ B team's transfer goings. same for U18/ U19's. 

Just now, ferrarinseb said:

Did you checked who is incharge of U23/ Reserve/ B team's transfer goings. same for U18/ U19's. 

Yeah- each manager has that responsibility but I have got the final acceptance on any transfer deal ( in fact I have stopped 2 of those going through as well!)- the loan deals, It appears I cant stop?

7 minutes ago, FrazT said:

Yeah- each manager has that responsibility but I have got the final acceptance on any transfer deal ( in fact I have stopped 2 of those going through as well!)- the loan deals, It appears I cant stop?

Check this on your responsibilities screen. This is default version so loan manager and Head coaches have the authority. You need to have all sales/outgoings on your control from your intiation. 

20191209095109_1.thumb.jpg.a263af47d811bc21d30043707ab2bdeb.jpg

I Changed that to 

20191209095334_1.thumb.jpg.4f49fcdef295368ce55e97261fb33af3.jpg

This helped me to control the Loan manager to stop loaning the players. Also i set offer to clubs

20191209095456_1.thumb.jpg.bfe375208dc5c171ca30e2a0f0688d9a.jpg

I felt this cut down his transfer dealings 

I personally don't employ a DofF, Tech director & Loan manager when I play as they are generally on  much larger wages and the latter two are currently regens at the start of a new game.

I like to be in control of my signings, wages, staff and loans as I still find that some of the AIs decisions are a bit off for my liking and can potentially upset my save (as you have found out).

I can see why others would use them and the feature improving over the years though.

This is one of this year's more annoying features, IMO. The various staff responsibilities seem to have unintended consequences that you have to stay on top of. I had one of my more promising prospects sold for peanuts before I went in and changed the settings to take back control. I know it may be reflective of how real-world clubs are run, but I think it would be better if the responsibilities were more clearly outlined either at the start of the game or as soon as you employ a loan manager/DoF etc.

I find the responsibilities section as a whole not very transparent this year.

If you take off the loan managers' finding development loans for young players option it all stops. I don't mind him finding loans I just don't want him "Finalizing" anything.

I got this problem with my dof and finalizing new staff I recruit. I want him to renew new contacts not finalize offers I made.

With so many options I can't tell what does what anymore

2 hours ago, jere_d said:

I find the responsibilities section as a whole not very transparent this year.

If you take off the loan managers' finding development loans for young players option it all stops. I don't mind him finding loans I just don't want him "Finalizing" anything.

I got this problem with my dof and finalizing new staff I recruit. I want him to renew new contacts not finalize offers I made.

With so many options I can't tell what does what anymore

Agreed. What might be useful is just a master option on the Responsibilities screen that forces all final decisions to go through the manager. At least that would stop players leaving and arriving without your final say.

2 hours ago, FrazT said:

I am happy with all my staff doing their jobs, but , as manager, I want the final say before any major decision is finalised.

Managed to change it? I tried every staff responsible to have the final say but for this I could not. Someone in the forum said it is like this or just take over everything.
So now I try to handle loans myself.