How to change number of substitutes in Editor

Skodkim

Can anyone help me by explaining how I change the number of substitutes using the Editor?

I'd like to start a new game in the English Vanarama National but would really like to play with 7 subs allowed to give my talents a better chance of getting playing time.

I found some old discussions concerning this but they dodn't really help.

\Skodkim

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Skodkim:

Can anyone help me by explaining how I change the number of substitutes using the Editor?

I'd like to start a new game in the English Vanarama National but would really like to play with 7 subs allowed to give my talents a better chance of getting playing time.

I found some old discussions concerning this but they dodn't really help.

\Skodkim

Advanced rules:

Bildschirmfoto 2019-12-07 um 11.41.13.png

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Skodkim:

How do I find this? I've tried adding new rules for England, but I havenøt found that field.

\Skodkim

You need to convert the file to advanced rules in the editor.  (rules --> convert to advanced rules)

Thanks for the help but I simply can't do it.

I created a new set of rules for England using default values and then converted them to advanced rules.

From there I'm lost... First time I'm trying to mess around with that part of the editor, but there was no mod for this and I hoped I could do it myself.

\Skodkim

vor 1 Minute schrieb Skodkim:

Thanks for the help but I simply can't do it.

I created a new set of rules for England using default values and then converted them to advanced rules.

From there I'm lost... First time I'm trying to mess around with that part of the editor, but there was no mod for this and I hoped I could do it myself.

\Skodkim

You need to do this in the competition --> stages for every league/division.

Just checked this, I guess it is only possible when you add the competition manually and set the rules from scratch.

But it is also possible to change it in the xml file.

I appreciate all the help - thx - but I feel like a complete newb here. I'm not sure that applies to the FM2020 Editor, i.e. I can't see any option to save uncompressed.

I'll just continue with my newly started NottsCo game - will be in League two next year anyway :-)

\Skodkim

Edited by Skodkim

5 hours ago, KUBI said:

Use this file, open it with notepad and change this line for all competition you want to change the sub rules.

<string id="subs_rules" value="three_from_seven"/>

eng.xml 80.99 kB · 0 downloads

THANKS...

However, I downloaded the file and found the competition with value 109201 (Vanarama National) in the xml file. I then changed "three_from_five" to "three_from_seven". Then I imported the xml file in the Editor and saved as a fmf-file.

Now when I load up a new game it still says "5 subs named, maximum 3 used".

\Skodkim

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Skodkim:

THANKS...

However, I downloaded the file and found the competition with value 109201 (Vanarama National) in the xml file. I then changed "three_from_five" to "three_from_seven". Then I imported the xml file in the Editor and saved as a fmf-file.

Now when I load up a new game it still says "5 subs named, maximum 3 used".

\Skodkim

Try to load the xml file without importing into the editor. 

Tried putting the edited xml in the same folder as the fmf files to make it load and its the same (3 subs from 5).

Sorry but this brings up a stupid question (but I did search before asking):

Can you see which files are loaded when you start a game? Often wondered if my files were going to be loaded and it seems the only way I can tell is by looking for changes I can recognize ingame.

\Skodkim

Found it but that menu is only visible when you dont select Advanced Setup (and I always seleced that so...)

I now managed to load it after a few tweak (A: Should be imported in Editor and Exported again since it "was created with an older database and B: Edits should be tested). Unfortunately I can't get the game to load ANY of my edits right now. It's really acting very strange as they're selected before I go to the advanced meny, but when the game is created I can see that none of the files were loaded anyway.

Will dig into it.

\Skodkim

OK, I finally managed to do it. I didn't use your file but you certainly helped A LOT!

Thanks!!!!!!

I have another mod I normally use (which wasn't active in my other tries). This mod also mod other England rules and I made the edits to this mod in stead and it load :-)

\Skodkim

• KUBI locked this topic