[FM20] Smarter AI - Managers + Staff v1.0 - Increase the Difficulty

10 minutes ago, cruyff14 said:

Hi, love your packs just a quick question by making managers more powerful as such how has this affected manager moves, we aren't going to see Alan Pardew managing Barcelona and big Sam in charge of Brazil are we? haha.

Lol. Well it doesn't change their reputations, so that doesn't happen that I've found, but even if it does..personally, I'd rather a crazy manager appointment and a difficult match, than a more reasonable appointment and an easy/repetitive match with a worse squad.

You can run a test save and see!

Last year i used this, dunno if it was yours , and i stopped using it because this litterally just made every single staff so op and made no sense for me

Was like searching for the weakest staff and they were Jose Mourinhos getting paid like such a small amount of salary for how good they are, is this the same thing?

24 minutes ago, DemonS0ul said:

Last year i used this, dunno if it was yours , and i stopped using it because this litterally just made every single staff so op and made no sense for me

Was like searching for the weakest staff and they were Jose Mourinhos getting paid like such a small amount of salary for how good they are, is this the same thing?

Probably, but I don't know. There still is a hierarchy, and many poor staff or inbetween ones, but yes there's alot more op staff. Salary is going to be made by club, not this file. The main idea behind this file is that staff/managers are better and varied, so that you have to work to win a game, squads use fewer injured/exhausted players, AI squads aren't always in a shambles and furious with their managers poor man management, and you have to scout tactics due to the different formations.

Edited by majesticeternity

At least this file ill not be using , the others are really good,

For my likes this isn't what im looking for, having overpowered staff right and left isn't good, i complain about the regen staff now imagine having real average coach coaching like Mourinho or Guardiola, oof

Edited by DemonS0ul

10 hours ago, DemonS0ul said:

Did you use the "all types of staff" version or just the "managers" version? I'd imagine just using the manager version might make things a little less "OP" in general.

10 horas atrás, CrowBar disse:

Did you use the "all types of staff" version or just the "managers" version? I'd imagine just using the manager version might make things a little less "OP" in general.

Like i said i dunno if was this guys version of what i used, but for me made no sense at all, i even compared 2 saves with it and without it

was like a guy that was normally 12 on like 5 stats, with the "addon" they were almost 20, i guess it makes everything harder for sure i guess, but it does make the game not realistic on my eyes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

@majesticeternity

Thanks for creating this. One question - if i'm playing at very low league levels (below the current main db ie/levels 7-10) will this have much impact? I'd be using the manager only file as my aim is to make the game as hard as possible in terms of the opposition i face - both in terms of their squad building/usage and in match AI (as well as more interesting if a wider variety of formations) ie/does it affect manager regens? Or only those managers already in the DB who you've manually editted?

Is there anyway the manager only file can inadvertently make the game easier? (Other than if drawn against a top team in league cup they're more likely to play the Curtis Jones' of this world rather than the Mo Salah's. But so long as it's not too extreme that sounds like a good thing andshouldn't change difficulty too much?)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

What will happen with newgen managers or players that become managers after years of playing?

Will they be better too, or will the game - after all those years - return to be at the same level that SI had set for the managers?

• majesticeternity changed the title to [FM20] Smarter AI - Managers + Staff v1.0 - Increase the Difficulty