-10 Determination

23 minutes ago, KUBI said:

Just imagine one.

Thanks. Top advice.

Bare in mind I have the option to criticise his conduct. But I have no idea what happened. So..... Yeah, I'll just imagine his mom died, and I'll criticise him. It's perfect.

Edited by AndyJay87

vor 2 Minuten schrieb AndyJay87:

Thanks. Top advice.

Bare in mind I have the option to criticise his conduct. But I have no idea what happened. So..... Yeah, I'll just imagine his mom died, and I'll criticise him. It's perfect.

It's just how it is in life, you know just a few things about other people but never the whole truth.

There are random events which can greatly decrease (or even increase) a player's determination, ambition or (I believe) professionalism. There's nothing you can really do about them, and what exactly happened is left to your imagination.

50 minutes ago, AndyJay87 said:

So..... Yeah, I'll just imagine his mom died, and I'll criticise him.

As a human being, I know that criticising someone for suffering a loss of motivation due to things happening in their personal life is a bad thing. I do not think I need to know what it is directly to know how this situation would have to be handled. I'm not sure the game needs to give a bunch of reasons. I mean if you really want to explain why you do not know, maybe the player simply does not want to share his personal life with his boss. I certainly would not. Indeed, the one time I did have personal issues that affected  my work, I explained that I had a lot of things going on right now, but did not tell her what those things were. 

Just be nice to the poor lad, bless his computer soul. 

^ Obviously, that's a joke.

Ok, random event or not, when a player has the hump and misses training etc. at least I'm aware of whats going on. In the middle of the off-season a young player (he's 17 or 18) drops 10 determination because of "off-field events" suggests an actual thing happened that I could read into and understand, maybe through a news item or something on the social media page.

Perhaps I should move this to the feedback section, suggest that maybe they actually add a little substance to this. If it actually said "personal issues" I'd have taken it differently of course. The fact that the only interaction option I have is to criticise conduct suggests he did something wrong. If there was an option to do something positive and mentoring towards him that would be a great feature.

The wording is just so vague I have no idea what to do with the kid. If they could implement these events where you just got a fraction more understanding it'd be an excellent feature.

• 2 months later...