[FM20] Swiss lower leagues

This extension allows you to choose between 800+ swiss teams competing in 7 tiers:

Super League (10 teams)
Challenge League (10 teams)
Promotion League (16 teams)
1. Liga (3 championships of 14 teams)
2. Liga interregional (6 championships of 14 teams)
2. Liga (17 regional championships of 14 teams)
3. Liga (34 regional championships of 12 teams)

CH_LIE_1.thumb.jpg.35fc3786e9ccb4913c14f5efd2a84ef6.jpg

All the 13 regional associations are featured (Aargau, Nordwestschweiz, Innerschweiz, Ostschweiz, Zurich, Bern/Jura, Solothurn, Ticino, Vaud, Fribourg, Neuchâtel, Genève, Valais). The regional boundaries work pretty well even after several seasons. It can happen that a team is oddly relocated after promotions/relegations, but it remains exceptional.

I already made this structure for FM2017, but this year I found enough time to do a complete overhaul of the concept. Main improvement: every single team now has a reserve U21 team competing in a parallel 3-tier reserve structure (one of them being divided into regional championships). I kicked all the second, third (or even fourth...) teams from the regular championships and replaced them with first teams from lower divisions.

To spice things up, I added a bunch of regional cups, some of them I invented. The Swiss Cup and the Liechtensteiner Cup (with qualification for the Europa League) are also included.

The main focus of this file is on the lower leagues: choose a team from the 3. Liga somewhere in the swiss countryside and climb the ladder to national fame!

Suisse_Liechtenstein.fmf

P.S. Be sure to check the "add players to playable teams" box before starting a game.

CH_LIE_2.thumb.jpg.15bae95a32b117a25b82ed604526a0c8.jpg

CH_LIE_5.thumb.jpg.a4ddbe24d75c5faed0e3d2889d5c9e2d.jpg

CH_LIE_8.thumb.jpg.ed506e08e7066911b3f0a42ec76ac4dd.jpg

Edited by marcoz76
Christmas Edition

I'm going to give it a go, I played a Liechtensteiner club in FM17 only in the database I played Vaduz always went to Europe no matter who won the Liechtensteiner cup so I gave up when I found out

Edited by bobjuh

On 14/12/2019 at 12:37, bobjuh said:

I'm going to give it a go, I played a Liechtensteiner club in FM17 only in the database I played Vaduz always went to Europe no matter who won the Liechtensteiner cup so I gave up when I found out

It could indeed have been my file, because I had this Euro League qualification problem back then. But is has been solved this time:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/507557-more-than-one-main-cup-in-nation-rules/

Btw, make sure to download my last update. I added a second qualification round to the Liechtensteiner Cup and the comp is now as real as it can get.

2 hours ago, marcoz76 said:

It could indeed have been my file, because I had this Euro League qualification problem back then. But is has been solved this time:

https://community.sigames.com/topic/507557-more-than-one-main-cup-in-nation-rules/

Btw, make sure to download my last update. I added a second qualification round to the Liechtensteiner Cup and the comp is now as real as it can get.

I already started a save and I do not want to have to start over just for the second qualification round

There is a Christmas break during December but there is literally weeks between the last competition between the break and them actually going on break. 
Also after I come back I get messages like preseason fitness and code of conduct things I think you should only get at the start of a season?

Edited by bobjuh

32 minutes ago, erikeagles said:

Hey, 

Is it possible that a football club from Liechtenstein can play champions league football? 

Only one club, the winner of the Liechtensteiner cup qualifies for Europe League. The only way to qualify for the champions league is to win the Europe League

2 minutes ago, bobjuh said:

Only one club, the winner of the Liechtensteiner cup qualifies for Europe League. The only way to qualify for the champions league is to win the Europe League

Thanks for your answer, 

Sounds easy haha

13 hours ago, bobjuh said:

There is a Christmas break during December but there is literally weeks between the last competition between the break and them actually going on break. 
Also after I come back I get messages like preseason fitness and code of conduct things I think you should only get at the start of a season?

Sorry, I'm not sure I understood. The competitions should be halted between christmas and end of january. After that, there should be a winter cup taking place until the end of february. What happened exactly in your save? When did you leave on vacation and when did you come back?

6 hours ago, marcoz76 said:

Sorry, I'm not sure I understood. The competitions should be halted between christmas and end of january. After that, there should be a winter cup taking place until the end of february. What happened exactly in your save? When did you leave on vacation and when did you come back?

The last competition game was 14 December the players went on break a whole 2 weeks later on 27th to come back 5th of January. Also bit weird that after the break it's a whole 3 weeks (25/1)  before the cup competition begins.  And as I said after the break I get some of the start of season things preseason fitness and code of conduct. 

Edited by bobjuh

1 hour ago, bobjuh said:

The last competition game was 14 December the players went on break a whole 2 weeks later on 27th to come back 5th of January. Also bit weird that after the break it's a whole 3 weeks (25/1)  before the cup competition begins.  And as I said after the break I get some of the start of season things preseason fitness and code of conduct. 

Ok, I understand now. Well, the editor makes it possible to define calendars for the leagues and cups, but I don't know if there's an option to specify when players go on vacation. Does someone have a clue? 

• 8 months later...