[WIP] [FM20] England down to Level 11

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

Which Bury team? Do you mean the one that was in League One?

I know there’s a Bury Town in the Isthmian League but they’re not connected to former league side Bury as they’re in Suffolk.

I think i will be putting the new bury team in the north west counties league division 1 for next season along with isle of man unless something official is announced before i put them in.

9 hours ago, lionel messi said:

I think i will be putting the new bury team in the north west counties league division 1 for next season along with isle of man unless something official is announced before i put them in.

If I was you, I’d concentrate on this season before looking at next season, there’ll be a few clubs moving leagues during the summer and it’s impossible to predict at this time of year.

Also when you get clubs appealing what league they’re in every summer placements are always provisional until league AGMs.

Edited by FCUtdWill

12 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

If I was you, I’d concentrate on this season before looking at next season, there’ll be a few clubs moving leagues during the summer and it’s impossible to predict at this time of year.

Also when you get clubs appealing what league they’re in every summer placements are always provisional until league AGMs.

Yewh but if he were to do that then he couldn't release his fmf till basically the end of the current season, At least not with the expansion included.

Regardless even if he had that knowledge i dont see how he is going to get the right teams to move to the right leagues accurately for the expansion outside of regional boundries which some teams may elect against IRL.

The whole premise of including next years expansion i dont think needs to be for real world mirroring, Just to replicate the structure. I dont think 90% of people will know where Maldon and Tiptree is. So therefore you may as well add teams that will get people playing and using this database instead of sitting on your hands for another 4 months waiting for more official information. FM21 will be the year of accurate LLM, not this year and thats ok we know the basic skeleton.

11 hours ago, ratio1618 said:

Yewh but if he were to do that then he couldn't release his fmf till basically the end of the current season, At least not with the expansion included.

Regardless even if he had that knowledge i dont see how he is going to get the right teams to move to the right leagues accurately for the expansion outside of regional boundries which some teams may elect against IRL.

The whole premise of including next years expansion i dont think needs to be for real world mirroring, Just to replicate the structure. I dont think 90% of people will know where Maldon and Tiptree is. So therefore you may as well add teams that will get people playing and using this database instead of sitting on your hands for another 4 months waiting for more official information. FM21 will be the year of accurate LLM, not this year and thats ok we know the basic skeleton.

I normally released my file in March/April because there were a lot of changes I made to the original database.

That’s why I’m saying release the file as it is with this season’s data and then when we know more about next season release the expansion.

It’ll be a lot of work to get the expansion correct especially at Levels 9/10 when there’s going to be two extra divisions at Level 9 and three less divisions at Level 10.

Why not add them both for this season, AFC Bury in the North West Counties League Division One North with FC Isle of Man in Division One South? There’ll be more than those two new teams at Level 10 next season.

9 hours ago, iGoldenBen said:

Hi, just to second what others have said can you please add afc bury, really intrigued to give them a shot. Thanks 

Bury can be added to League One and that’s more of a challenge as every time I’ve started the game in March 2020 with them included they haven’t managed to get 10 wins in 36 games once. (And they start with a 12 point deduction)

Edited by FCUtdWill

1 hour ago, FCUtdWill said:

Bury can be added to League One and that’s more of a challenge as every time I’ve started the game in March 2020 with them included they haven’t managed to get 10 wins in 36 games once. (And they start with a 12 point deduction)

Honestly I prefer the idea of a true phoenix club and starting in the third tier is boring for me personally 

2 hours ago, FCUtdWill said:

I normally released my file in March/April because there were a lot of changes I made to the original database.

That’s why I’m saying release the file as it is with this season’s data and then when we know more about next season release the expansion.

It’ll be a lot of work to get the expansion correct especially at Levels 9/10 when there’s going to be two extra divisions at Level 9 and three less divisions at Level 10.

Why not add them both for this season, AFC Bury in the North West Counties League Division One North with FC Isle of Man in Division One South? There’ll be more than those two new teams at Level 10 next season.

I might not be able to do next seasons structure anyway, im struggling to get the promotion/relegation right from vanarama north/south to regional premier divisions.

4 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I might not be able to do next seasons structure anyway, im struggling to get the promotion/relegation right from vanarama north/south to regional premier divisions.

Send me a PM with how you’ve done it so far (I won’t be able to open files until later on today) and I’ll see what you can do.

11 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

Send me a PM with how you’ve done it so far (I won’t be able to open files until later on today) and I’ll see what you can do.

I was just playing around with it for now until i have finished editing all the data, but what i dont understand is there is 3 sets of rules for some leagues from league 1 and dowards.

then there is fixed format/not fixed format i dont understand that either, i think it has something to do with 1 less club in league 1 for this season and a knock on effect for next season to balance the leagues out again.

On the basic editor under number of promotion/relegation places all the leagues are minimum/maximum 20 apart from vanarama north/south which is 22.

And promotion/relegation places is 0 for each league.

Edited by lionel messi

12 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

I was just playing around with it for now until i have finished editing all the data, but what i dont understand is there is 3 sets of rules for some leagues from league 1 and dowards.

then there is fixed format/not fixed format i dont understand that either, i think it has something to do with 1 less club in league 1 for this season and a knock on effect for next season to balance the leagues out again.

On the basic editor under number of promotion/relegation places all the leagues are minimum/maximum 20 apart from vanarama north/south which is 22.

And promotion/relegation places is 0 for each league.

I’ve not looked too much in the advanced rules for this year’s game as I don’t know much about them.

You’re right about two of the sets of rules regarding League One, one is for 23 teams, one for 24 teams and I’m unsure as well about what the third one is for.

I’m unsure on what the fixed/not fixed format means either, but could be to do with Bury not in League One.

I thought that bug had been fixed so we can add promotions/relegations for Level 6 downwards?

6 minutes ago, FCUtdWill said:

I’ve not looked too much in the advanced rules for this year’s game as I don’t know much about them.

You’re right about two of the sets of rules regarding League One, one is for 23 teams, one for 24 teams and I’m unsure as well about what the third one is for.

I’m unsure on what the fixed/not fixed format means either, but could be to do with Bury not in League One.

I thought that bug had been fixed so we can add promotions/relegations for Level 6 downwards?

has that bug been fixed?

On 24/12/2019 at 00:20, bobjuh said:

Associated Football Club

Sorry to be anal, but it's "Association Football Club" - strictly speaking, all of these teams are "AFC". It's a way of distinguishing from "Rugby Football Club". Not really necessary these days, but in most cases this is simply a relic of a bygone age. Or an attempt to look older than they really are (like AFC Wimbledon or AFC Liverpool).

teh current defualt rules for VNS/N down are ****ing cooked. Also two version of both carbao and FA cup. Its a mssive hurdle and part of the reason why i literally just remade the entire english pyramid.. The way SI have done is so stupid..

For VNS/N 1 set is for current 2 team relegation 1 is for 3 team relegation and one is for next years 4 team relegation. Its a mess.

It seems like to use the 3 team relegation rule which isnt a thing at all.

2 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

teh current defualt rules for VNS/N down are ****ing cooked. Also two version of both carbao and FA cup. Its a mssive hurdle and part of the reason why i literally just remade the entire english pyramid.. The way SI have done is so stupid..

For VNS/N 1 set is for current 2 team relegation 1 is for 3 team relegation and one is for next years 4 team relegation. Its a mess.

It seems like to use the 3 team relegation rule which isnt a thing at all.

Yes its a mess, It would have been much easier to do also had bury not got kicked out of the league.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

Yes its a mess, It would have been much easier to do also had bury not got kicked out of the league.

Also if they had not have to compensate for the non-league expansion. They literally could have hired @krlenjushka and had a waay better version of the default DB. i just dont understand and they STILL despite my constant asking have explained what the changes are all for. Annoying.

3 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Also if they had not have to compensate for the non-league expansion. They literally could have hired @krlenjushka and had a waay better version of the default DB. i just dont understand and they STILL despite my constant asking have explained what the changes are all for. Annoying.

Its supposed to make it a better system with less traveling to games in the local leagues.

1 minute ago, lionel messi said:

Its supposed to make it a better system with less traveling to games in the local leagues.

No i mean the changes in the advanced version of the default english rules in the editor. Not the IRL reasons.

They never have said anything explaining the birds nest of rules and why they are set up they way they are (seperate list for fixtures of verious versions etc)
Not a single ****ing word. Hence why i literally tried to just rebuild everything top down and skip this year and bring all next years changes forward to a 19/20

1 minute ago, ratio1618 said:

They never have said anything explaining the birds nest of rules and why they are set up they way they are (seperate list for fixtures of verious versions etc)
Not a single ****ing word. Hence why i literally tried to just rebuild everything top down and skip this year and bring all next years changes forward to a 19/20

I have tried something similiar, i got rid of some of the rules and redid it, after many hours of messing about with it i eventually got it to work down to vanarama north and south.

I did another version where i kept league 1 at 23 teams but made next years promotion and relegation numbers, i got it to work but then when i verrified it there was something wrong with the dates.

Like if you can get over the current default English rule hurdle and set up this years pyramid its easy enough to expand and subtract the leagues for next year. Its literally just the crappy Vanarama South/North relegation crap.

Maybe if you tried to delete VNS/N and recreate just two version with set up years for each? I tihnk i did similar but there are just oo many problems.

6 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

Like if you can get over the current default English rule hurdle and set up this years pyramid its easy enough to expand and subtract the leagues for next year. Its literally just the crappy Vanarama South/North relegation crap.

Maybe if you tried to delete VNS/N and recreate just two version with set up years for each? I tihnk i did similar but there are just oo many problems.

I will have a proper go at the rules once i have finished with the data.

As i have said before if you need a hand with filling in details or with anything im more than willing to help out. You are basically working on the perfect English pyramid and "theFMEditors" shoddy version is what everyone think is the best one out. Im not even starting an English save till theres a accurate fmf with proper expansion.

8 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

As i have said before if you need a hand with filling in details or with anything im more than willing to help out. You are basically working on the perfect English pyramid and "theFMEditors" shoddy version is what everyone think is the best one out. Im not even starting an English save till theres a accurate fmf with proper expansion.

Yes my hope is to do a close to proper structure as possible, but if not get a good working one for this season.

• 3 weeks later...

Update

All promotion & relegation now done down to Level 11.

mid sussex league premier division & league cup now added. (originally missed adding them)

All leagues down to Level 11 now have nicknames & year formed set. (where i could find the info)

All League boundaries now set.

Most Leagues & Cups now have competition history. (where i could find the info)

Things still to do

I need to redo the FA Vase to include the teams from the mid sussex league.

Awards to do for Level 9-11.

A few other little tweaks todo before ready to start testing the file in game.

53 minutes ago, lionel messi said:

Update

mid sussex league premier division & league cup now added. (originally missed adding them)

All leagues down to Level 11 now have nicknames & year formed set. (where i could find the info)

Things still to do

Did you add bury afc yet?

12 hours ago, lionel messi said:

Update

Things still to do

Just so you know, there are no teams from the Mid-Sussex League in the FA Vase, only 47 clubs at Level 11 are in it this season.

1 hour ago, lionel messi said:

Is that confirmed now?

Not yet, but very likely. Bury FC (Steve dale has until the 11th of February to pay a cva or the club will be liquidated). I think there is another winding up hearing on the 5th too. I've been talking daily to bury fans. Regardless though Bury AFC should still be pre approved by the NWCL. 

Edited by iGoldenBen