[FM20] Mitre 10 New Zealand Football league

I decided at the end of last years cycle that New Zealands football scene and the clubs therein were sorta all over the place and i wanted to consolidate, what better way than to use the decades old competition the NPC (Mitre 10 Cup these days) a Rugby union competition which has teams that cover far more broader areas of New Zealand with less "12 clubs in one city" here is what im referring to https://nzhistory.govt.nz/media/photo/regional-rugby-map.

I also decided that since OFC has very little representation and this isnt a true to life thing and more of a fantasy league i decided to make New Zealand have pretty good regens as well as the league have a decent pool of cash to earn. I can tune this down and release a normal version eventually.

Of course as with every year the Oceanic Champions League is totally 100% broken so i had to recreate that too in order to qualify the correct teams (ignore Wellington Phoenix
 for the first yeari dont know how to stop that) so i also have uploaded the Champions league to go with it.

Also ill upload the logo files and config lines to add if you are familiar with that stuff i dont know of a better way to do it. Anyways if you do decide to give it a go let me know if you find any bugs, and let me know how high New Zealands world ranking gets!

Edit: After Hours and hours i have fixed some major bugs in this league and also added the Heartland trophy with a non automatic promotion spot, sorta like the old days.

I also updated the resource pack and added my little Confederations Trophy comp that runs every year with the Winners and runners up of each confederations major international comp.

Continental Trophy.fmf OFC CL - Mitre 10.fmf Mitre 10 Football Pyramid .fmf Mitre 10 Resources.7z

Trans-Tasman Trophy v2.fmf

Edited by ratio1618
Fix for Confederation trophy screwing up Northlands kit.

Nice work. If you can make a working OFC Champions League with a 'normal' NZ league that would be great. Btw having a file with Wellington Phoenix (main or reserve team) eligible for OFC and Club World Cup would be my holy grail :D.

29 minutes ago, kandersson said:

Nice work. If you can make a working OFC Champions League with a 'normal' NZ league that would be great. Btw having a file with Wellington Phoenix (main or reserve team) eligible for OFC and Club World Cup would be my holy grail :D.

I can do that pretty easily if need be. Would you like me to recreate the ISPS Premiership and update my OFC CL to draw from them? Have you tried making basic rules for the New Zealand Premiership in the database and testing it with my OFC CL?

The Wellington Phoenix are hardcoded in the game to nto be able to qualify for OFC as technically they are "Australian" but "based in New Zealand" also in the default db A-league there is a rule that excludes the Nix from going to the AFC CL. The reserve team thing is interesting i always used to take them out of my NZ leagues cause i think its stupid having them in the ISPS Prem. Ill have a wee look when i can.

3 minutes ago, ratio1618 said:

I can do that pretty easily if need be. Would you like me to recreate the ISPS Premiership and update my OFC CL to draw from them? Have you tried making basic rules for the New Zealand Premiership in the database and testing it with my OFC CL?

The Wellington Phoenix are hardcoded in the game to nto be able to qualify for OFC as technically they are "Australian" but "based in New Zealand" also in the default db A-league there is a rule that excludes the Nix from going to the AFC CL. The reserve team thing is interesting i always used to take them out of my NZ leagues cause i think its stupid having them in the ISPS Prem. Ill have a wee look when i can.

I haven't tried anything yet as I'm pretty awful with the editor, usually I've relied on the excellent classen's updates though OFC CL always had that annoying issue. Used to manage both New Zealand and Eastern Suburbs as they have their B team playing in the regional leagues (I admit I have  a weird obsession for B teams :D). So yeah if at some point you can create a 'normal' NZ+OFC update that would be great. :)

As for the Phoenix, I liked the idea of having a NZ club playing abroad plus their reserve team in the local league (very good for youth and national team development), though it gets a bit frustrating without continental football (and money). A-League also tends to be quite buggy and/or flawed (e.g. AI transfer activity and players registration). In the past I even tried to replace Wellington Phoenix with a revived Football Kingz club (my go-to team in Championship Manager 2004!), but as a NZ based team they suffered the same continental ban.

Im pretty sure if the Reserves ever won the ISPS they would qualify but i would have to look in the editor to see how they are set up. I can get on it now and chip away it.

They may have the same thing with it being an "australian club" purely because they are a reserve of the Nix. Another option would be to recreate the Niox reserves and somehow link them to the main team as an affiliate? Problem is Nix do fairly terribly in the ISPS

I've won the league as Phoenix Reserves (while also managing the A-League team) in past games and they never qualified. It's definitely hardcoded this way, which currently represents real life rules. Maybe having the Nix as an automatic spot every year for a newly created OFC champions league?

16 hours ago, kandersson said:

I've won the league as Phoenix Reserves (while also managing the A-League team) in past games and they never qualified. It's definitely hardcoded this way, which currently represents real life rules. Maybe having the Nix as an automatic spot every year for a newly created OFC champions league?

Heres the files. It seems like you can't even pick the Nix reserves as a team? Tried some other options but it just doesnt seems to work. though this ISPS and the O-league is pulling correctly but there are currently no end of season play offs as it was deleting the O-leauge from the game entirely. Wokring on fixing that now. Also ther eis no prize money in any of these comps atm so they are basically beta. I cant find any sources on how much money teams get either.

These files are purely for testing 

NZP O-League.fmf

ISPS Premiership.fmf

EDIT: I have now edited it to have the play offs but currently the winner and runner up of this qualify for the Champions league which isnt like RL i believe.

Edited by ratio1618
Updated with play offs.

Yeah to control Phoenix Reserves you have to load A-League and manage Wellington Phoenix. I think winner of regular season and winner of playoffs are the teams qualifying for Champions league IRL, no idea about prize money though (I think classen's updates had about 200k euros for winners). Thanks for the effort!

9 hours ago, kandersson said:

Yeah to control Phoenix Reserves you have to load A-League and manage Wellington Phoenix. I think winner of regular season and winner of playoffs are the teams qualifying for Champions league IRL, no idea about prize money though (I think classen's updates had about 200k euros for winners). Thanks for the effort!

I think i have the correct IRL qualification system in place and working so im ALMOST done. Im gunna give prize money of 200k going down 50 per position till 4th so when its all said and done just let me know if financial issue occur when not qualifying for the top 4. Just running a few seasons tests now to see if everything is working

ie. Winner of league qualifies
Winner of post season playoff qualifies.

• Wolf_pd changed the title to [FM20] Mitre 10 New Zealand Football league