[FM20] 5-3-2 WicksyFM

5-3-2 WicksyFM

Untitled.thumb.png.168a49640aa1492cb44fe68d6ed3dd74.png

First of all i will point you in the direction of the tactic that gave a little inspiration to this tactic

https://community.sigames.com/topic/502898-fm20-schnapsidee/

I had a look at the schnapsidee tactic and decided that i wanted to create something of my own. I wanted a High intensity, attacking and direct tactic. I had recently found a website (https://www.guidetofm.com/) that had absolutely loads of information about tactics. I really like the part about roles being given a certain score which meet an overall score for the team to help at creating a balanced tactic.

The scores to meet are:

Penetration - At least 10

Solidity - At least 16

Support - 11 direct plays or 13 short plays

They wasn't the only recommended requirements. Each area of the pitch had its own responsibillities, and players needed to cover these responsibilities. I will break down each position and area, what it covers and its score. 

Goalkeeper

Sweeper keeper (Attcak)
I picked this role as i will be playing a high line and the roles aggresive rushing out will be benifical. The attack duty helps with direct style. This role does not give a score. Or information on responsibilities.
When it comes to recruitment i look for GK with good rushing out, passing and first touch should be decent. Being quick also helps. I dont worry to much about vision, its quite rare with GKs. Obviously look for good GK attributes too 
Dream Team Player : Mauel Neuer

Defence
I have gone with a Ball Playing Dender (Stopper), Central Defender (Stopper) and a Libero (Support). I wanted to play two stoppers as i think they will help cover areas left vacant by my Wingbacks when they are attacking. The Libero (Support) was the recomeded role to play with two stoppers. 
Now we need to meet the responsibilities of the defensive area. They are:

2 x Providing Attacking Cover: Ball Playing Defender and Central Defender
1 x Proving Defensive Cover: Libero
1 x Applying Defensive Pressure: Ball Plaing Defender and Central Defender
1x Playing Safe: Central Defender

Ball Playing Defender
I look for your usual Ball Playing Defender here. He is a stopper so being a bit more aggresive can help.
Penetration: 0
Solidity: 4
Suport: 0
Dream Team Player: Aymeric Laporte

Central Defender
Even though the role is not a Ball Plying Defender i will still look for that type of player. I just play less attention to vision with this role
Solidity: 4
Dream Team Player: Virgil Van Dijk

Libero
Try and look for you best libero type player. They are diificult to find so i usually settle for a quick Ball Playing Defender. Or retrain a DLP thats tall with decent defensive attributes
Solidity: 3
Suport: 1
Dream Team Player: Fabinho

Midfield
The areas in Midfield we need to provide responsibilty for are:

1 x Providing Attacking Cover: Deep Lying Playmaker
1 x Providing Defensive Cover: Deep Lying Playmaker
1 x Applying Defensive pressure: Ball Winning Midfielders
1 x Stretching Play: Ball Winning Midfielders
1 x Playing Safe: Ball Winning Midfielders
1 x Creating Chances: Deep Lying Playmakers

Deep Lying Playmaker
I will try and look for you usual Deep Lying Playmaker here. It can be a bonus if they have aggression, bravery etc. This would help with the overall style of play
Penetration: 0.5
Solidity: 1.5
Suport: 2.5
Dream Team Player: Mateo Kovacic

Ball Winning Midfielders
This role i like to look for a bit of an all rounder. An all action tough tackling creative player. Not just your bog standard Ball Winner.
Penetration: 1
Solidity: 1
Suport: 3
Dream Team Player: Koke and Emre Can

The Flanks
On the flanks we need players that are responsible for:

1 x Providing Defensive Cover: Wing Backs
1 x Applying Defensive Pressure: Ball Winning Midfielders (this is done positioning them on the outside of the midfield 3)
1 x Stretching Play: Wing Backs
1 x Creating Chances: Wing Backs

Wing Backs
Attacking attributes of the Wing Back are key here
Penetration: 1
Solidity: 1
Suport: 3
Dream Team Player: David Alaba and Trent Alexander Arnold

Forwards
Two Pressing Forwards. Both need to be good strikers with good attributes for the role. The Pressing Forward (Support) needs to be bigger, stronger and more creative. He acts like a Targetman. You can change the Pressing Forward (Support) to a Shadow Striker. They are both intense with the pressing, the shadow striker just acts more like a number 10. We need players that are responsible for:

1 x Applying Defensive Pressure: Pressing Forwards
1 x Stretching Play: Pressing Forward (Attack)
1 x Creating Chances: Pressing Forward (Support)
1 x Taking Chances: Pressing Forwards

Pressing Forward (Attack)
A Pressing Forward that is quick with good finishing
Penetration: 4
Solidity: 0
Dream Team Player: Luis Suarez

Pressing Forward (Support)
The Bigger and Stronger of the Forwards. Someone capable of holding up the ball
Penetration: 3
Solidity: 0
Suport: 1

Dream Team Player: Robert Lewandowski

So, we have covered every area of the pitch. The defence, the flanks, the midfield and the forwards and we have a player or two doing every job that needs doing in those areas. We also needed to meet a score to get a good balance. Heres a reminder: 

The scores to meet are:

Penetration - At least 10 - We got 13.5

Solidity - At least 16 - We got 16.5

Support - 11 direct plays or 13 short plays - We got 16.5

So, thats it. As far as testing goes this tactic got me back to back promotions with 3.Liga side Preussen Munster. This was on FM Touch. I started using this tactic in my second season in the Vanarama South with Oxford City. We had a media prediction of 19th. We won the league and were top of the table from match day three. 10 games into our first season in the Vanaram National we are top again and had a media prediction of 22nd.

If you need to talk about the tactic you can let me know here or on twitter https://twitter.com/wicksyFM

Player Instructions for Google Stadia

add these Player instructions to each role.

No instructions for the keeper

Ball Playing Defender (Stopper)

Dribble More - Shoot less often - stay wider - close down more - tackle Harder - mark tighter

Libero (Support)

dribble more - close down more - tackle Harder - mark tighter

Central Defender (Stopper)

take fewer risks - stay wider - close down more - tackle Harder - mark tighter

Wing Back (Attack) This is for both of the WB

take more risks - shoot less often - stay wider - close down more - tackle Harder - mark tighter

Deep Lying playmaker (support)

dribble more - close down more - tackle Harder - mark tighter

Ball Winning Midfielders (Support) This is for both of the BWM

take more risks - dribble more - shoot less often - get further forward - mark tighter

Pressing Forward (Support)

Shoot less often - roam from position

Pressing Forward (Attack)

take more risks - dribble more - shoot less often

Let me know what you think. Enjoy

Wicksy FM 5-3-2.fmf

Edited by wicksyFM

2 minutes ago, djhagster said:

@wicksyFM Nice job on the tactic, i cant find the article on that website which talks about scoring on the roles. Are you able to post the link please mate?

https://www.guidetofm.com/tactics/choosing-roles-duties

All the info is on that page. Its a bit of a difficult read. So much info to take in. Click on each role and that roles score will be there

27 minutes ago, 442ta said:

Promising start so far. Only in the begining of the season, but the best  532 tactic I tested so far.

Personally i think the corner set up is a bit overpowered. Im scoring loads of corner goals. If your happy with that then keep it the same. Or mess around with the set up to find something a little more realistic. i will be changing mine at the start of next season to find a better balance

1 hour ago, wicksyFM said:

Personally i think the corner set up is a bit overpowered. Im scoring loads of corner goals. If your happy with that then keep it the same. Or mess around with the set up to find something a little more realistic. i will be changing mine at the start of next season to find a better balance

which player takes the corners?

il y a 6 minutes, wicksyFM a dit :

Not at the moment. I might give it a try soon though. Ive got a 4-1-2-3 (4-3-3) tactic that seems to be doing well. I will post that soon.

Thanks,

I d like to make a defensive tac but i lack the time

thanks anyway for sharing

Twerked this a bit and I'm absolutely flying at the start of my first season in the Vanarama league:applause:

Edit I haven't updated to the new patch yet so hopefully it doesn't break this tactic.

Edit:- Updating now. Fingers Crossed.

Edited by Jamieac

57 minutes ago, Jamieac said:

Twerked this a bit and I'm absolutely flying at the start of my first season in the Vanarama league:applause:

Edit I haven't updated to the new patch yet so hopefully it doesn't break this tactic.

Edit:- Updating now. Fingers Crossed.

Hope it still works for you. 

Well I can definitely say I don't think one on ones have been fixed with this patch 

image.thumb.png.41043d28aa55c3c93b0b3ae2be90c886.png 

The score ended 3-1 to my team

Only 1 of my goals was actually a CCC. Not saying I should be scoring every one but this is crazy. 

Between each of my 4 strikers (both subbed for missing so many chances) they missed around 8 1v1s, plus I had  a ridiculous offside decision from a corner that I'm sure was a bug because I had at least 5 players in front of my player.

But besides my rant, the tactic itself is playing well, just the ME still has it's faults.

On 01/12/2019 at 10:03, wicksyFM said:

https://www.guidetofm.com/tactics/choosing-roles-duties

All the info is on that page. Its a bit of a difficult read. So much info to take in. Click on each role and that roles score will be there

Agree that this website has a huge amount of useful information. it is a difficult and overwhelming read at times though! in FM18 they gave some great example tactics that were great to build on. Difficult to work out what the best team and player instructions for each style are though from info on the website. Be brilliant if it was laid out in a simpler way.

Your tactic looks great though and i have built some good ones myself using the info supplied from guidetofm.

• 4 weeks later...