New role for wide fullback

Many teams last years when they are in poccession, often defends with three players. One wide fullback push forward and the other act like center back. When barcelona was under pep guardiola dani alves push forward as a right wing back, pique as a right center back moves slightly right, puyol as left center back moves centrally and abidal act like left center back. The same happens to Manchester city with walker. He often act like a right center back with stones centrally and otamendi as left center back so mendy bombs forward. This is unfortunately impossible to implement on fm. So i think that this new role for wide backs should be available.

Check to make sure your IWB doesn't have "gets further forward" PPM or instructions.  There are numerous examples on these forums of the IWB playing in a practical line with the CD's.  And all you need for a bombing fullback is a CWB(a) role, if you want to go crazy with it put an overlap or underlap on his side to boot.

Without seeing your tactic, we can't tell you why you are not getting the movement you expect to see.  Most likely you are trying to put too many bodies in the same space and/or have conflicting roles/TI's, PI's, and PPM's.

I have no problem getting a defending 4-1-2-3 DM Wide to attack as a 3-4-3 Wide, with a IWB and a WB(s).

Hahaa, yes... So. You have a defensive line of four players. What i want is that when i am on possesion my defence act as a three man defense. I would like to cover the cdc place, the cdrc and cdlc. Ask me then, if you set one fulk nack as inverted do you see this structure on your defence i describe?

When I do not have the ball, I have a WB(s) falling back to reform the back line.

When I do have the ball, the IWB(d) is playing midfield along the two CD(d) forming a back three.  The DLP(s) becomes the central circulator, the WB(s) is the short option with a W(a) in front, the other side is a W(s) and a CAR(s), then in the middle is a CM(a) and then depending on the player and opposition, the Striker is either a AP(a) or TM(s). which gives a 3-4-3 Wide look on attack.

I play primarily a direct counterattacking offense with a low DL, Lower LOE defense.