U18 and U23 Manager Issue

As far as i know you can go to the your youth teams tactical page and manually put the players you want to play in a specific position in that position. Your youth team managers should then leave those players in those positions until you reset it (or by injury or suspension).

1 hour ago, Baodan said:

As far as i know you can go to the your youth teams tactical page and manually put the players you want to play in a specific position in that position. Your youth team managers should then leave those players in those positions until you reset it (or by injury or suspension).

Didn't know that. I'll try that later. I keep getting goalkeepers playing in outfield positions in my U23s as opposed to bringing in outfield youngsters from the U18s

I have done that. No that doesn't work. He moves them to wherever he wants. I reviewed some U23 Match results and found that he also had U18 players in his game...which was weird because U18 had a game a day before his. I failed to review if the U18 game used U23 subs. So, there seems to be an issue with it ATM

So I asked this question in Steam Forums (game discussion) and didn't receive a solution. That's why I came to this forum, to receive a solution, from the game creators themselves. IS This the proper forum to get feedback from game creators? Do the creators NOT have an answer to my question? Do I need to call someone? You know, like when you buy something from the store that doesn't work right or you're not sure how to work, you call the manufacturer on how to get it going? Does the game creator(s) not have an opinion? should I take this stuff to social media? When I pay some money for a product, I generally expect a pretty good turn around on feedback.

Or you could be a little patient? You buy the product, not the obedience of every member of SI staff. This may come as a surprise, but they have a game to work on, so they may not be available to answer your every whim. 

Also, if you want feedback there's quite literally a feedback thread around here where questions do get answered on a regular basis.

The developers do look at the forums, but truthfully will not necessarily comment on every thread.

To answer your question, 2 days before every Reserve and under 18s match, I pull up the squad tactics screen for each squad and set the team selection and this works well.

I am similar to @FrazT

My youth managers will always ask me if there are any First Team members I want to play in the youth  fixture, this is the point where I dive in and place the players I want to play in the positions. 

Haven;t noticed any changes yet in FM20 - but to be honest I haven;t really looked, it is something I have done for a couple of years now and never thought to check this time around.