[FM20] Canadian Megapatch

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
On 30/11/2019 at 20:10, Number seven said:

Do you plan to add the Pacific Coast Soccer League in future versions?

I probably won't include it until L1BC comes to fruition. I used to have it in, but the reason is that I want some depth to the divisions I add, and until the BC league gets to a div 3 level and has information on players, I don't think I'll commit to it. The only reason I added Alberta MSL is because the cav/edm reserves play there.

18 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I probably won't include it until L1BC comes to fruition. I used to have it in, but the reason is that I want some depth to the divisions I add, and until the BC league gets to a div 3 level and has information on players, I don't think I'll commit to it. The only reason I added Alberta MSL is because the cav/edm reserves play there.

Sounds fair.

11 hours ago, Toronto Blizzard said:

Will you be creating a modified version with the lower leagues that works with the new DLC version?

That was my original plan, but after examining the DLC, I realized it was better to just use my version of the premier league until SI works out the kinks. For example, the official DLC is missing the Concacaf League season 1 qualification rule where only Valour, Forge, FCE can qualify, and AI doesn't know how to operate under a salary cap, consistently offering huge contracts to average players, thus necessitating a tiny squad (this is oddly fixed by removing the cap). The only advantage is the working Canadian starter rule for the Canadian Championship - in my version, the Canadian MLS teams are able to circumvent this with Americans as they count as domestic for some reason (but conversely, the officially DLC only has the 2019 rules, so Ottawa Fury never goes defunct and you can't play 2020 rules when it comes to that year). 

Hoping SI addresses these problems - then, I can just plop in the lower divisions.

11 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

That was my original plan, but after examining the DLC, I realized it was better to just use my version of the premier league until SI works out the kinks. For example, the official DLC is missing the Concacaf League season 1 qualification rule where only Valour, Forge, FCE can qualify, and AI doesn't know how to operate under a salary cap, consistently offering huge contracts to average players, thus necessitating a tiny squad (this is oddly fixed by removing the cap). The only advantage is the working Canadian starter rule for the Canadian Championship - in my version, the Canadian MLS teams are able to circumvent this with Americans as they count as domestic for some reason (but conversely, the officially DLC only has the 2019 rules, so Ottawa Fury never goes defunct and you can't play 2020 rules when it comes to that year). 

Hoping SI addresses these problems - then, I can just plop in the lower divisions.

Thanks for your response.  I started a game with Y9 with the DLC.  I had downloaded your mega patch and started an MLS save with it loaded but found that NO Mexican teams were qualifying for the Champions League, so I decided to use the DLC.  I know from my own experience in the editor that getting the right (and right number) of Mexican teams to qualify for the CCL when you recreate it in the editor is difficult, which I assumed was what was happening.

Love all the work that you and your collaborators have put into this - it's really impressive!

13 minutes ago, Toronto Blizzard said:

Thanks for your response.  I started a game with Y9 with the DLC.  I had downloaded your mega patch and started an MLS save with it loaded but found that NO Mexican teams were qualifying for the Champions League, so I decided to use the DLC.  I know from my own experience in the editor that getting the right (and right number) of Mexican teams to qualify for the CCL when you recreate it in the editor is difficult, which I assumed was what was happening.

Love all the work that you and your collaborators have put into this - it's really impressive!

strange, I thought I fixed that issue. Is it just for first season or has that continued every year?

One stop gap - though you lose the season 1 qualification rule is to just not activate my continental file. Since SI has now added the CONCACAF League, it may no longer be necessary to use my file.

50 minutes ago, Toronto Blizzard said:

hmm.. I can't seem to replicate this problem. Are you sure you loaded up my continental file? A good way to check is to see whether a competition titled 'mexican qualifiers' shows up. That's the placeholder comp I use to load the Mexican teams.

Other possibility is that another file you loaded is overwriting those competitions?

• 1 month later...

Yellow question

A) does the CPL teams have Youth academys or Reserves to have our Youth intake play on?

b) does Canada have Youth intake? Not sure what day it is on? for CPL and other places in Canada

c) I know your FM19 file worked with uncle sames USA file is it the same as this years and which files do I use and not use?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League1_Ontario#Reserve_division

Will you be adding a Reserve League for the League1 Ontario?

Also testing out League1 Ontario and my board wants me to finish top half of Legaue1 Ontario in 2019 but then 2020 they want me to win promotion to the Canadian Premier League and then 2021 + they want me to remain in the Canadian Premier League. I think that is a error

Edited by Sabres1986

On 07/02/2020 at 10:37, Fmfan00 said:

Yellow question

A) does the CPL teams have Youth academys or Reserves to have our Youth intake play on?

b) does Canada have Youth intake? Not sure what day it is on? for CPL and other places in Canada

c) I know your FM19 file worked with uncle sames USA file is it the same as this years and which files do I use and not use?

a) Unfortunately, as per real life, there are no academy teams (with the exception of Edmonton and Calgary). Youth intake will have to be loaned out.

b) I can't remember tbh. I believe it's after the season ends?

c) I had not realized uncle sam's file was out. I will work at making the next version compatible! Hypothetically though, it should work with the exception of the 2019 season as it took special coding due to the unique qualification rules for Concacaf League year 1 (only forge, fce, valour matchups counted)

On 07/02/2020 at 21:25, Sabres1986 said:

Yellow... I loaded your database however when i go to load the game it only shows the 7 teams at what point can we take over as Ottawa? Like ok if I auto sim 2019 which month can we select Ottawa from the drop down menu in CPL?

You should be able to change the start date to 2020 and select Ottawa from the menu. If it's greyed out, it's likely the error caused when you also try to load MLS. I suggested switching off MLS and adding it after you're already in the game

On 09/02/2020 at 23:02, Sabres1986 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League1_Ontario#Reserve_division

Will you be adding a Reserve League for the League1 Ontario?

Also testing out League1 Ontario and my board wants me to finish top half of Legaue1 Ontario in 2019 but then 2020 they want me to win promotion to the Canadian Premier League and then 2021 + they want me to remain in the Canadian Premier League. I think that is a error

I actually did add this to the file that Work The Space used for his youtube series. But in the meantime I don't think I will be as I don't tend to add a league unless I can provide it with depth (ie. players).

And admitedly i haven't tested L1O much. I'll have to look into it

9 hours ago, AlexTheTall said:

There is a problem in my game, I started in 2020 in the PLSQ and there is 2 Celtix du Haut Richelieu

Bug.jpg

It is now compatible with the winter update, and includes the just announced 2020 single table format. It also fixes the L1O bug that @Sabres1986 brought up. And as usual, updated rosters.

Amazing work, can't wait to start a save with the new Atletico Ottawa! Maybe a minor issue, but it seems that most players at every club in the CPL have a salary of 0 (zero) I don't think that's supposed to happen?

1 hour ago, kandersson said:

Amazing work, can't wait to start a save with the new Atletico Ottawa! Maybe a minor issue, but it seems that most players at every club in the CPL have a salary of 0 (zero) I don't think that's supposed to happen?

The reason I left it at 0 (which means the game generates it based on ability/reputation), is that salaries aren't publicly released. While I actually do know the salaries of quite a few of the players (I just wrote an article on the need for a player union and allude to some of the salary issues -> https://northernstartingeleven.com/opinion-cpl-players-union/), until they're publicly confirmed, I rather just keep it this way.

That said, as far as I know, most players have wages generated between $10000 to $40000 so I'd say it's pretty accurate

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

ahhh... ok I think SI ****ed it up with the new winter update. I see what you're saying, it's actually 0 in game for some reason when in the past it generates.... let me look into it

18 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I just fixed it! Redownload

You're a legend mate! I like doing club and country saves with Canada though MLS teams are not great for youth development. This DB is absolutely amazing :).

You're a legend mate! I like doing club and country saves with Canada though MLS teams are not great for youth development. This DB is absolutely amazing :).

thanks!

tbh, one of the issues though is given the subpar - average facilities and coaches, I noticed that players in CanPL only seem to improve 2-3 CA after 4-5 years in the league. I am tempted to make a private version and up all these things just to make development more realistic.

Like a couple have pretty high PA, but they don't seem to ever go anywhere. At best they'll jump to some Middle Eastern League like UAE (I dno why it's such a popular destination) but they don't improve much there eihter.

Yellow

Was wondering in your next update if you would be able to add a CIS league? I started with Brazil's nov 26th 2018 so I am not sure if it is in the save to begin in 2020 or not but I know you have CIS teams in the save file and was wondering if you were planning on doing a CIS Canadian Uni league too?

On 28/02/2020 at 12:10, yellowsweatygorilla said:

also Yellow you didn't add the new Ottawa team in the Canadian Championship too as i did a test sim and at July 2020 its not listed in their schedule

edit: also came across something cool today where in a save i took over as Ottawa CPL and was given a U19 team by the game and was invited to a tournament for the U19.. I accidentally saved over the save and do not remember how I came across that?

Edited by Fmfan00

20 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

also Yellow you didn't add the new Ottawa team in the Canadian Championship too as i did a test sim and at July 2020 its not listed in their schedule

edit: also came across something cool today where in a save i took over as Ottawa CPL and was given a U19 team by the game and was invited to a tournament for the U19.. I accidentally saved over the save and do not remember how I came across that?

Ottawa only join in 2021 as per real life (the team was announced after the 2021 format was already set up). If there are any changes irl, I will change it in game too.

10 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

Ottawa only join in 2021 as per real life (the team was announced after the 2021 format was already set up). If there are any changes irl, I will change it in game too.

Ohh ok kewl thanks never knew...

As far as CIS goes are you planning on having a season for them non playable?

5 hours ago, Fmfan00 said:

Ohh ok kewl thanks never knew...

As far as CIS goes are you planning on having a season for them non playable?

I think my policy has always been to not add a league unless I can provide depth (ie. players etc.), but I can quickly put together the leagues if you'd like. I probably don't have time to make it reflect the new format though (will probably just make it single table, maybe a championship at the end between the leagues.

20 minutes ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

I think my policy has always been to not add a league unless I can provide depth (ie. players etc.), but I can quickly put together the leagues if you'd like. I probably don't have time to make it reflect the new format though (will probably just make it single table, maybe a championship at the end between the leagues.

14 games August to end of October (Season), November playoffs, 48 teams, I'm not even saying it has to be a playable league. just a league that tracts stats, etc even if its not playable. I would say age goes from 17 yrs aka when you graduate high school in Canada 18 max until 21/22yrs of graduating University max. It does not even have to be a U Sports Draft either like in real life. I just thought a extra place that youth intake players who are too old for academys and such to sign with to develop more besides League 1, Quebec League and Alberta League in your Canada Database

Edited by Fmfan00

I was just hired by Atletico Ottawa as their new Head Coach in the Canadian Premier League in Football Manager 2020. With a clean slate, how will we build the team?

I'm using the fantasy expansion version of this mod with Uncle Sam's U.S.A. Real Life Expansion mod.

4 minutes ago, sizzlingpopcorn said:

I was just hired by Atletico Ottawa as their new Head Coach in the Canadian Premier League in Football Manager 2020. With a clean slate, how will we build the team?

I'm using the fantasy expansion version of this mod with Uncle Sam's U.S.A. Real Life Expansion mod.

Love it not many videos out there for Canadian soccer for FM only Zebu Nation and work the space that I know of

Hi @yellowsweatygorilla, I play this DB, I managed HFX Wanderers and, in the first season, I won League, as you can see in the screen below.

As you can see, I qualified in CONCACAF Champions League but I don't play it.

Actually, I am going to start second season.

Info Team.png

Albo d'oro.png

CL.png

27 minutes ago, Fmfan00 said:

anyone know what the youth intake day is for canada?

youth intake dates are various this year. You'll have month of intake in development center.

2 minutes ago, Bigpole said:

youth intake dates are various this year. You'll have month of intake in development center.

The reason why I asked is because for my save I am playing as a Academy team and have signed players from CPL teams but not sure when the Youth intake day is

On 15/03/2020 at 18:40, sizzlingpopcorn said:

In this episode I talk about how I'm able to sign some U20 guys and then send them to Uncle Sam's USSDA for development.

@yellowsweatygorilla Did you give Ottawa more money than the other fantasy expansion teams? CPL Title Odds have be in 3rd while the 4 other teams are 9th to 12th.

I have not. No clue why

On 23/03/2020 at 15:02, PaMi 7 said:

Hi @yellowsweatygorilla, I play this DB, I managed HFX Wanderers and, in the first season, I won League, as you can see in the screen below.

As you can see, I qualified in CONCACAF Champions League but I don't play it.

Actually, I am going to start second season.

Info Team.png

Albo d'oro.png

CL.png

Winning the league qualifies you for CONCACAF League not CONCACAF Champions League. You need to win the Canadian Championship or be top 6 inthe CL to qualfiy for CCL>