Static sidebar colour

Tyburn

So the skin(s) I am using has the sidebar use the club colour for the team I am managing. I click on a player, another club, anything outside of my club and the sidebar changes colour to a dark grey colour.

What do I need to edit to have it so that the sidebar stays locked in the dark grey colour when I am on Amy club pages? Is it in the sidebar menu panel? 

Ok. So this is pretty interesting. Have removed the id and now when I click on a player in my squad the sidebar stays the same colour as my club. When I click on another team, instead of changing to the default dark grey it now turns to that clubs colours and everything I click within that club, players etc, the sidebar stays the same colour as that particular club.

Is a better solution for me, but how do I get the sidebar to never change colour from dark grey. Locked as dark grey.

Thank you.

Edited by sidslayer

I, however, am still left unsure ... I’m away from pc now for a bit but am I right in thinking that changing the red replacement from “dark accent” to a static colour would do the job?

Edit* yep. It does do the job.

Edited by sidslayer

5 hours ago, diameqqq said:

Similiar question but I'd like to to have my top bar also grey for every team in the game, including the one I manage. What lines do I have to delete/edit?

In titlebar.xml change the top/first bordered_box's red_replacement value from primary to grey. 

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2019 at 18:53, wkdsoul said:

remove the id="colb" from initial container in the sidebar menu table.xml

My sidebar menu table.xml, which is from the default dark screen, doesn't have that colb. It has a colm, but removing it doesn't do anything. 

In FM2019, I just created a settings\accent colours.xml, in which I wrote

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE propertylist SYSTEM "http://www.sigames.com/dtds/properties.dtd">
<properties version="1.0">
<list id="items">
<!-- All Colours -->
<record min_hue="0" max_hue="360" min_saturation="0" max_saturation="100" min_lightness="0" max_lightness="100">
<colour id="accent_colour" red="0" green="0" blue="0" alpha="255"/>
</record>
</list>
</properties>

and in the theme settings file I used 

<colour name="colour side bar" value="grey 900"/>

I want a very simple dark theme based on the default dark theme, yet I can't have it :D And my old eyes have enough colored displays.

What can I do to have a dark sidebar in my team? The rest of the teams are dark. 

This is the top of my sidebar menu table.xml

<panel save_default_state="true">
	<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<symbol id="sidebar_secondary_colour" value="dark accent" />

<!--<container class="main_box" id="colm" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="dark accent" >	
	</container>-->

<container class="main_box" id="colm" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="dark accent" blue_replacement="black">
		<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" alignment="bottom,extend" gap="0" offset="4"/>
		<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<!--club/nation selector-->
		<container class="tabbed_container" id="tabc" changed_event="Tesc" contents_kind="container" group_kind="container" hide_selector_if_one_or_fewer_items="true">
			<record id="top_properties">
				<flags id="appearance" value="tabs/custom/sidebar"/>
				<flags id="auto_size" value="vertical" />
				<flags id="alignment" value="top" />
				<boolean id="use_alt_end_tab_appearances" value="false"/>
				<boolean id="hide_tab_text" value="true"/>
			</record>

PS: I tried removing the colm, replacing red replacement with grey, it doesn't work, I cleared cache and reloaded skin after each step I did.

Edited by godzilu

7 hours ago, wkdsoul said:

Change or remove the dark accent value in the secondary colour line to The grey.

I have already tried that, and tried it again as you said, but it doesn't work, the sidebar uses the color of the teams. Something changed in the sidebar this year because last year approach doesn't work, nor changing the accent colors. 

I also have set to true these one to test the sidebar:

<boolean id="disable_accent_colour" value="true" />
    <boolean id="disable_dark_accent_colour" value="false" />
    <boolean id="disable_primary_colour" value="false" />
    <boolean id="disable_secondary_colour" value="false" />

and the sidebar is still team color, so something is fishy. The only thing that changes when setting these to true is the title bar, which turns magenta or violet, what color is that.

EDIT: I have found one workaround, but that doesn't allow you to make the sidebar a specific color, the sidebar becomes black. I took "Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2020\skins\MaiDarkSkin\graphics\boxes\custom\interface\sidebar" png files and destroyed them in Photoshop, messing the channels so the game can't read them. So when the game tries to do that because of that shows a black sidebar.

If anyone wants them fill free to use them, I uploaded them below. It's 2 pngs and the xml file, they go in the folder above.

paper@2x.png

paper.png

paper.xml

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, plaguedoctor90 said:

any update? in the base skins downloadable there is no sidebar menu table.

you'll need to extract if from the game files. 

Going from memory it's either panels.fmf/generic or sitoolkit.fmf/skins/fm/panels/generic 

11 minutes ago, plaguedoctor90 said:

Thanks, i managed in making the sidebar a dark grey <3

Could you please make a print screen? I tried my best but couldn't find a working solution. Or just paste the line you modified. 

Just now, godzilu said:

Could you please make a print screen? I tried my best but couldn't find a working solution. Or just paste the line you modified. 

to be fair I took an xml from a skin and modified to my liking, it has some bugs (minor ones like next match showing up in white) but its definitely usable. You want the file or the screen from the game?

3 minutes ago, godzilu said:

Nope, I thought you got the right line. I'd rather keep the default file since I use the default dark skin modified. Thanks

It's literally the default file man, the only thing is that before a match (basically when instant result comes up) the next match tab in the bottom becomes white!

2 minutes ago, plaguedoctor90 said:

It's literally the default file man, the only thing is that before a match (basically when instant result comes up) the next match tab in the bottom becomes white!

The thing is that I tried all kind of things to change the sidebar color within the "sidebar menu table" but nothing changes the color like it used to do in FM19. At least not in the default dark theme. I tried editing this line:

<container class="main_box" id="colm" appearance="boxes/custom/interface/sidebar/paper" red_replacement="dark accent" blue_replacement="black">

with no success. I will try again later.

Which color is it?

Just now, godzilu said:

The thing is that I tried all kind of things to change the sidebar color within the "sidebar menu table" but nothing changes the color like it used to do in FM19. At least not in the default dark theme. I tried editing this line:

2 hours ago, godzilu said:

Remove id="colm"

On 25/01/2020 at 21:40, bluestillidie00 said:

Remove id="colm"

https://prnt.sc/qt8har

I already tried that, and many other things, including what worked in FM19, as I stated above in this thread and you can see in the print screen :) Ctrl F this thread for colm and you will see my previous post when I tried that. Nothing works. I'd be glad if someone can prove me else.

Edited by godzilu

• 1 month later...
On 23/11/2019 at 17:06, Tyburn said:

Ok. So this is pretty interesting. Have removed the id and now when I click on a player in my squad the sidebar stays the same colour as my club. When I click on another team, instead of changing to the default dark grey it now turns to that clubs colours and everything I click within that club, players etc, the sidebar stays the same colour as that particular club.

Is a better solution for me, but how do I get the sidebar to never change colour from dark grey. Locked as dark grey.

Thank you.

This is exactly what I want (for the sidebar to colour to the teams colour for every team) how did you manage to do this?  I deleted the id=colm but it never worked for me.

5 hours ago, Barkermush said:

This is exactly what I want (for the sidebar to colour to the teams colour for every team) how did you manage to do this?  I deleted the id=colm but it never worked for me.

I settled on what I’d hoped to achieve which is getting the bar to stay as a fixed colour throughout. I did this by replacing the “dark accent” from the red replacement line to a static colour. 

Deleting the id=colb did what you want for me. (Can’t remember if I deleted this as well as changing the red replacement colour). If you don’t have that id (colb not colm) I’m not sure what to do.

Edited by Tyburn

1 hour ago, Tyburn said:

I settled on what I’d hoped to achieve which is getting the bar to stay as a fixed colour throughout. I did this by replacing the “dark accent” from the red replacement line to a static colour. 

Deleting the id=colb did what you want for me. (Can’t remember if I deleted this as well as changing the red replacement colour). If you don’t have that id (colb not colm) I’m not sure what to do.

Thanks, I managed to sort it.. I never had the panel inside a generic folder.

Think I might change it to one fixed colour too, I love having the teams colour  nice and bright for each team you are on.. but it's abit overwhelming with the 3rd colour bar we have now (across the top of the attributes)

sidebar.thumb.jpg.d54ff4a37375ccaf3b80c2eae303251a.jpg

sidebar1.thumb.jpg.98698d1a6ff49f02694d2f0334ae84a9.jpg

It doesn't look too bad on some teams, but other teams (especially those in white) it all explodes at your face. I need to figure out how to get it like it was on FM19, where the entire background  changed colour for each team you were on (subtle in the background) I really liked that, without it this year it's too bland and purple.

20 hours ago, Tyburn said:

Yeah I found the side bar constantly changing colour really over powering. Like watching a rainbow explode :) Settled on just one colour (black) and it works well for me.

Glad you sorted it.

Oh yeah, I agree with you on that. The one sidebar colour (for the team your managing) that goes off even if you click on a player from your own team, is pretty annoying.

It's like a constant blinking light.. managing team colour/dark colour/managing team colour/dark colour/managing team colour etc.

Just having that team coloured side bar for that one part is strange, even in past when they've had it just for the team you were managing.. it was coloured on every part of your team (so every screen including players etc)

• 3 weeks later...
Em 14/03/2020 em 13:13, Barkermush disse:

Thanks, I managed to sort it.. I never had the panel inside a generic folder.

Think I might change it to one fixed colour too, I love having the teams colour  nice and bright for each team you are on.. but it's abit overwhelming with the 3rd colour bar we have now (across the top of the attributes)

sidebar.thumb.jpg.d54ff4a37375ccaf3b80c2eae303251a.jpg

sidebar1.thumb.jpg.98698d1a6ff49f02694d2f0334ae84a9.jpg

It doesn't look too bad on some teams, but other teams (especially those in white) it all explodes at your face. I need to figure out how to get it like it was on FM19, where the entire background  changed colour for each team you were on (subtle in the background) I really liked that, without it this year it's too bland and purple.

Hey brother, 

Can you tell me how you sorted it? I want to have exactly the same: Sidebar with primary and secondary of the clubs (wherever club I click).

Thanks

Sorry for the double post but thanks to a frind of mine managed to solve it:

50b933df8dcbf87816846b3060cbb1ef.png

my only problem is this:

because the icons are in the secondary colour of the club, if that colour is white the "selection bar" colour will clash with the icons and became like this:

selector.png

Is possible to do something? 

On 31/03/2020 at 01:37, d3niz said:

Hey brother, 

Can you tell me how you sorted it? I want to have exactly the same: Sidebar with primary and secondary of the clubs (wherever club I click).

Thanks

You need to edit various 'menubar' panels to get the text and icons to the teams secondary colour.

I've uploaded them all here to get the coloured sidebar and coloured text/icons:  https://www.mediafire.com/file/aup5j47xtk7slqd/panels.rar/file

Put them inside the panels folder of the skin your using.

• 7 months later...

What size did you make the graphic, the game isn't set to resize the width of the sidebar graphic.

You can either adjust the size of your graphic to match the default graphic size, or in the paper xml file attached to the graphic adjust the image_slices code to include left/right options as that determines how the game resizes the graphic;

<record id="image_slices" top="12" bottom="12" left="12" right="12" />

Values don't matter unless you have a design within your graphic

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/03/2020 at 10:27, PequenoGenio said:

Sorry for the double post but thanks to a frind of mine managed to solve it:

50b933df8dcbf87816846b3060cbb1ef.png

my only problem is this:

because the icons are in the secondary colour of the club, if that colour is white the "selection bar" colour will clash with the icons and became like this:

selector.png

Is possible to do something? 

Hello!

Were you able to solve the "selection" bar color issue?

@priority76 I have not yet found a solution to change the Icon and Text colors when row is selected. I forgot how I did it, because few years ago I had them on primary colors and background on secondary. It was really nice :) Unfortunately, I forgot how I did it.

For now, I am using a neutral easy contrast color to selected row but as I get back to skinning I might find a way again to change the icons and text. 

It very easy to do once you've found where to do so. Open sidebar menu table.xml file located in panels/generic folder. And you just have to replace the value in the third line : 

<symbol id="sidebar_secondary_colour" value="XXX" />        <!-- colour replacement of text sidebar selected -->

Here I've got the colour XXX. You'll need to create the colour in settings.xml of course.