[FM20] Australia Complete Pyramid (13 Levels Fully Activated) (Updated 26/3/2020)

This file fully activates the Australian football league pyramid with the correct structure and rules from the 2019 as well as some updates for the 2020 season. 179 Leagues across Australia are playable for Football Manager 2020.

Leagues included are:

1. Hyundai A-League
2. National Premier Leagues (8 Divisions)
3. 11 Divisions
4. 21 Divisions
5. 29 Divisions
6. 44 Divisions
7. 30 Divisions
8. 15 Divisions
9. 7 Divisions
10. 7 Divisions
11. 3 Divisions
12. 2 Divisions
13. Western Australia Metro North Division 3

As well as: FFA Cup, NPL Finals Series, 10 State Cups

All NPL competitions are based off 2020 structure while the majority of the regional leagues are still based on 2019.

End of year finals series for each division isn't included due to errors and a lack of time.

There are some issues with FFA Cup that aren’t necessarily save breaking but may hurt the realism such as the winner of NPL Final Series doesn’t qualify for FFA Cup (I’m currently trying to fix this but until then South Australia get 2 places instead of their real life 1) + a few other things.

I suggest Add Players to Playable Teams to be ticked.

If you notice any errors or bugs please let me know and I’ll try to fix as soon as possible.

Australia Complete Pyramid (13 Levels Fully Activated).fmf

Edited by Weiry

Current Activated Competitions (as of v1) - note out of date list - v2 now has 179 activated competitions. 

Hyundai A-League

NPL Capital Football

NPL Capital Football 2

NPL NSW

NPL NSW 2

NPL NSW 3

NPL NSW 4

NPL Northern NSW

NNSW Northern League One

Norzone Premier League

Southern Zone Premier League

NPL Queensland

Football Queensland Premier League

NPL South Australia

South Australia State League 1

South Australia State League 2

NPL Tasmania

Tasmania Northern Championship

Tasmania Southern Championship

NPL Victoria

NPL Victoria 2

NPL Victoria 3

NPL Western Australia

Western Australia State League 1

Western Australia State League 2

Edited by Weiry

4 minutes ago, The Gold Guard said:

Awesome stuff brother going to test it out today,

I'll still be making my Western Australia staff + player database update too on the side which should smoothly slot in with your database. 

Looking forward to expanding Australia on FM20 :)

No worries mate, if you spot any bugs or errors let me know as this was released way earlier than I expected :D 

If you haven't started on your player database feel free to use mine as a base and if you get it completed soonish then I'll be able to release it all in one file. Completely up to you though 

1 minute ago, Weiry said:

No worries mate, if you spot any bugs or errors let me know as this was released way earlier than I expected :D 

If you haven't started on your player database feel free to use mine as a base and if you get it completed soonish then I'll be able to release it all in one file. Completely up to you though 

I am very impressed at how quick this release was.

In regards to my work, I might use the merge database feature onto yours when I am done since I won't be making any league or nation changes.

A bit of a change of plans - I'm going to use the pro/rel database from FM19 as a base as it has all the clubs that need creating already in there so I don't have to spend hours adding them to the editor all over again. I'm hoping it carries over without any issues and if thats the case I should be able to release close to the full real life pyramid in a week or two max (hoping there's no issues)

image.thumb.png.d66257d028fd56bf6568e07ac991926f.png

Giving this macarthur squad build experiment a go and I am not sure if this is a base game or this db but -
Anyone else getting mad fixture double-ups like WU 3 times in 2 months and Phoenix twice in a row? lol I'll keep playing but just thought this was interesting to share. 

Loving that lots of NPL players are getting a chance to shine in this edition with more clubs. Even Michael Thwaite is getting some Melbourne City action in my save hahaha 

28 minutes ago, The Gold Guard said:

Giving this macarthur squad build experiment a go and I am not sure if this is a base game or this db but -
Anyone else getting mad fixture double-ups like WU 3 times in 2 months and Phoenix twice in a row? lol I'll keep playing but just thought this was interesting to share. 

Loving that lots of NPL players are getting a chance to shine in this edition with more clubs. Even Michael Thwaite is getting some Melbourne City action in my save hahaha 

Lol that is weird, don't think it would be my db though as I didn't touch any of the A-League rules. Should log it in the bugs section

4 minutes ago, Pablo Sanchez said:

u doing the brisbane premier league and capital leagues?

Yep :) 

42 minutes ago, The Gold Guard said:

happens in the base game as well. SI should be working on it.

So I finally got the structure done - the database will have 179 playable leagues as well as 1566 clubs in the database (1266 of which are playable) 

I'm also hoping to include a realistic as I can get FFA Cup.

I still need to fix every clubs' reputation, attendance and finances but I am still optimistic that I can release the complete Australia pyramid by the end of next week. :) 

45 minutes ago, prot651 said:

Good work .. A few errors in the WA leagues though . 

NPL league is only 1 relegation to the State League 1 so 1 promotion from that league to the NPL league . You have 2 up and 2 down 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Football_West_season#2019_WA_State_League_Division_1

great stuff though

Thanks, I think I've already fixed it for the next version :) 

great job! 

As for the FFA Cup for next season, I have it on a source that NSW qualifying berth will go from 5 to 4 to accommodate for Western united.

for the season after its being discussed as either Victoria or Queensland's berth will reduce by one. i have my bet on Queensland.

hope that helps.

Just an update - I have got the structure completed in advanced rules but unfortunately I'm encountering a lot of bugs with the file (teams not staying in correct divisions despite having regional divisions set, strange editor errors that don't make too much sense etc.) Even when in game the file struggles to load (or gets completely stuck during setup) no matter what start date I select

I'm not sure if this all due to this being a file originally made in FM19 and it doesn't like getting carried over or if it is a bug in the editor as these methods of keeping teams in the right divisions worked last year. 

This means I have to delay the file indefinitely (unless there's some sort of miracle) I have no idea when it will be released now (I might even have to completely start from scratch - which may take months as I'll have to create close to 1000+ clubs and 100+ divisions all over again) 

19 hours ago, Kreinbihl said:

How do you make the league only have 26 rounds in the A-League?

Thats default A-League settings mate :) 

Also I think I have sorted most of the issues with the next version and am hopeful I can release it tonight or tomorrow :) 

v2 File Released

This file fully activates the Australian football league pyramid with the correct structure and rules from the 2019 as well as some updates for the 2020 season. 179 Leagues across Australia are playable for Football Manager 2020.

All NPL competitions are based off 2020 structure while the majority of the regional leagues are based on 2019. Once every 2020 league is confirmed I’ll update the file (this probably won’t be released until March/April however)

While this file doesn’t feature every competitive league in the country I feel that 179 leagues are more than enough however I’ll look to add some more in the 2020 update (all the Western Australia Regional Leagues and other leagues not associated with FFA zones like Victoria Churches League etc.)

Full promotion/relegation fantasy pyramid coming soon.

Some things to note:

The end of year final series for each division hasn’t been added in this version due to an insane amount of errors and will hopefully be fixed in a future version. The NPL Final Series is featured and works though.

There are some issues with FFA Cup that aren’t necessarily save breaking but may hurt the realism such as the winner of NPL Final Series doesn’t qualify for FFA Cup (I’m currently trying to fix this but until then South Australia get 2 places instead of their real life 1) + a few other things.

The squads and players are default and same as the normal FM database - I’ve made a few transfers but you can expect a full overhaul on every club’s squads correct to 2019 or 2020 seasons in a future update.

I suggest Add Players to Playable Teams to be ticked for this version at least.

If you notice any errors or bugs please let me know and I’ll try to fix as soon as possible.

You can download the v2 file in the original post in this thread or by searching it on steam "Australia Complete Pyramid (13 Levels Fully Activated)"

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2019 at 18:26, Weiry said:

Just an update - I have got the structure completed in advanced rules but unfortunately I'm encountering a lot of bugs with the file (teams not staying in correct divisions despite having regional divisions set, strange editor errors that don't make too much sense etc.) Even when in game the file struggles to load (or gets completely stuck during setup) no matter what start date I select

I'm not sure if this all due to this being a file originally made in FM19 and it doesn't like getting carried over or if it is a bug in the editor as these methods of keeping teams in the right divisions worked last year. 

This means I have to delay the file indefinitely (unless there's some sort of miracle) I have no idea when it will be released now (I might even have to completely start from scratch - which may take months as I'll have to create close to 1000+ clubs and 100+ divisions all over again) 

Hi mate, experiencing these issues in set up that you've mentioned here. Did you manage to find a work around at all?

2 hours ago, Saxonaitor said:

Hi mate, experiencing these issues in set up that you've mentioned here. Did you manage to find a work around at all?

I thought I had fixed it - maybe try selecting a different start date?

19 minutes ago, anitamui said:

it loads really long why?

I can't explain that one either mate I guess because it is a really large file with a lot of changes and competitions. After setup it runs quite quickly in the actual game.

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Kreinbihl said:

The 2021/22 season just stops and no competitions run, I have a feeling this is because of the World Cup in 2022

Anyway I can solve this?

Thanks in advance

Haven't had that happen to me before and no one else has mentioned it. It might be due to the start date you used at the setup screen? 

This sounds great. Is it possible to make promotion etc?

Something I was thinking of doing but it's over my head is making A league sides getting promotion to the English championship. Eg top 2 or 3 teams from league 1 go into the A league, bottom 2 or 3 A league teams go into league 1 etc. Is this possible? 

37 minutes ago, MrMinty said:

This sounds great. Is it possible to make promotion etc?

Something I was thinking of doing but it's over my head is making A league sides getting promotion to the English championship. Eg top 2 or 3 teams from league 1 go into the A league, bottom 2 or 3 A league teams go into league 1 etc. Is this possible? 

Yes I'm still planning a full pro/rel database and it will be released after the winter update so February at the earliest. 

As for making A League teams go into the Championship yeah it is but you would have to make the A-League and clubs a part of the English pyramid. Would be a cool database though :) 

19 hours ago, Weiry said:

Haven't had that happen to me before and no one else has mentioned it. It might be due to the start date you used at the setup screen? 

Would it be because I am unemployed when I was simulating?

I've tried all 3 start dates

20 minutes ago, Kreinbihl said:

Would it be because I am unemployed when I was simulating?

I've tried all 3 start dates

No that shouldn't matter.

That is strange, are you running any other databases alongside this one? That's the only other thing I can think of. Is it all competitions or just a few? 

I simmed to 2035 and all competitions ran fine for me when I tested the file.

2 hours ago, Weiry said:

No that shouldn't matter.

That is strange, are you running any other databases alongside this one? That's the only other thing I can think of. Is it all competitions or just a few? 

I simmed to 2035 and all competitions ran fine for me when I tested the file.

I have other Databases on but Australia is the only Nation loaded and it is all 12 levels loaded. I will sim with only the Australian Database 

Thanks for the help

Awesome database btw 

• 1 month later...
On 25/02/2020 at 01:34, Gamma022 said:

Any chance of an update for the 20.3.0 patch?

Have taken a break from FM for awhile now but looking to get back in the groove of things next week. I would like to update this but may hold off a bit as not all competitions in Australia have started yet (some haven't even got fixtures out) so I'll either wait and do a complete 2020 file or just fix the existing one to make it 20.3 compatible (and then update it further down the track) 

I'm currently at 50 nations total (all can be downloaded via steam) and looking to get to 100 by the end of FM20 (and then I can really grind FM21 while hoping most existing nations transfer over ok)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 13/03/2020 at 12:52, Saxonaitor said:

Would love this file to be 20.4 compatible, it's a must have for me in every save!

19 minutes ago, Alcuith said:

I'm in the same.  I did a ton of work on Sortitoutsi database update on player movements as well, but now can't play with this update.

Will be ready in a day or two :) 

Experiencing a bit of an issue, when I try and make a save with this database it gets half way through loading and gets stuck half way on the 'Setting Up Leagues and Competitions' loading screen, the hint is the same as well so it must be stuck rather than simply taking a long time

36 minutes ago, Lucas_26_7 said:

Experiencing a bit of an issue, when I try and make a save with this database it gets half way through loading and gets stuck half way on the 'Setting Up Leagues and Competitions' loading screen, the hint is the same as well so it must be stuck rather than simply taking a long time

Happens sometimes to me too I'm guessing it is because of the size of the database and the amount of competitions it has to set up. It does eventually load just have to wait it out maybe even leave your pc on overnight or select less levels to load. Once it gets past that the database is quite fast. 

4 minutes ago, timmarkcorcoran said:

if files are set up for 20.4 update can they still be played with an earlier version?

I believe so not 100% on that though

1 hour ago, Weiry said:

Happens sometimes to me too I'm guessing it is because of the size of the database and the amount of competitions it has to set up. It does eventually load just have to wait it out maybe even leave your pc on overnight or select less levels to load. Once it gets past that the database is quite fast. 

I believe so not 100% on that though

My bad! Save looks great - Good job mate! Just started a save in the SA NPL so editing squads etc now - any recommendations on what to set attribute level colours at for this level from your experience?

Hey Weiry, big fan of your work over the past couple years,

Do you need a hand with any club/squad info for Northern NSW teams, this can include stadiums/grounds, location, year founded, kit just the basic info and I can give most updated/half-updated squads from NPL and newfm.

Let me know if you need a hand.

On 26/03/2020 at 20:03, Lucas_26_7 said:

My bad! Save looks great - Good job mate! Just started a save in the SA NPL so editing squads etc now - any recommendations on what to set attribute level colours at for this level from your experience?

What settings did u use for it to load past halfway (database size, leagues loaded etc) cause I'm having the same problem. And how long did u have to wait

Loved the database, had just finished my first season and unfortunately encountered an error each time I tried to progress from Dec 31st to Jan 1st. An application error where the game is forced to shut down. Disappointing..

Edited by crackercraig88

• 1 month later...

Depends on if you already exist in the standard FM20 database, you are in.

If not, you're not in the game since no players were added ( @Weiry correct me if I am wrong on this)