2 hours ago, July3P comunista said:

Does anyone know if FM2020 is going to be in the xbox gamepass for PC. I thought so because FM2019 will be no longer available in the near future. Somewhere I've read that it would indeed launch for xbox gamepass. But now that seems untrue

Yeah im checking but there is no any news for that. Anyone know when fm20 comes to xbox gamepass?

Edited by TR_Emirhan1

Plenty of companies use gamepass and other platforms to launch titles, often releasing at the same time or with a small delay, this is just milking fans of the series who you know won't wait 6 months.

Also why has someone had to tweet him to get this information? Lost in all the stadia promo, he talked about the new ongoing partnership with xbox/gamepass so one would have assumed this being worth something and would have a reasonable release schedule. 

I love CM/FM and you guys have done some great work over the years but having zero competition means everything seems half-arsed these days, the first fm/cm since 97/98 I won't purchase. 

On 22/11/2019 at 16:26, Dal81 said:

Plenty of companies use gamepass and other platforms to launch titles, often releasing at the same time or with a small delay

And get a fat wad of cash from Microsoft as compensation for doing so. It's hard to believe you seriously expect a company to go from selling a game for £40 to offering a subscription worth pennies a month.

18 hours ago, 18pd said:

And get a fat wad of cash from Microsoft as compensation for doing so. It's hard to believe you seriously expect a company to go from selling a game for £40 to offering a subscription worth pennies a month.

Then don't announce a long standing partnership, it's misleading = problem solved. 

1) you say they get a fat wad of cash 2) but then say it's pennies? It doesn't matter either way and I'm not going to get into it with you as that's not the point. If it is releasing, say when, if it's not, say so - they need to be clear in communication, it really is the minimum ask.

31 minutes ago, Dal81 said:

Then don't announce a long standing partnership, it's misleading = problem solved. 

1) you say they get a fat wad of cash 2) but then say it's pennies? It doesn't matter either way and I'm not going to get into it with you as that's not the point. If it is releasing, say when, if it's not, say so - they need to be clear in communication, it really is the minimum ask.

This is not how things work.  The only things which you know for sure that will get added to Game Pass are those which are released by Microsoft owned developers as Microsoft have said this will happen.  Hence, why games like Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds were on the service on the day the were released.

Other than that, additions to Game Pass tend to get announced a week or two before they are added.  Therefore, until it is decided for sure the game will be added, you won't hear anything further from SI or Microsoft about it.  Which is fair enough - they obviously want as many people as possible to buy the game outright.

Personally, I think if FM20 is going to be added at any point, it likely won't be until around the end of the current season (so around May 2020 or thereabouts).

Yeah they’re getting the Game Pass model all wrong IMO.

If they aren’t going to release it to GP until 6 months after release then at least have it on there for a full year so there’s always a presence of FM on the service.

2019 was only on GP for 6 months and now players have to either buy it (at full price for last season’s game) or wait until the end of this season to play 2020.

It seems strange to introduce the game to a new platform and audience this way.

8 minutes ago, KingyOwl said:

Yeah they’re getting the Game Pass model all wrong IMO.

If they aren’t going to release it to GP until 6 months after release then at least have it on there for a full year so there’s always a presence of FM on the service.

2019 was only on GP for 6 months and now players have to either buy it (at full price for last season’s game) or wait until the end of this season to play 2020.

It seems strange to introduce the game to a new platform and audience this way.

I disagree.  I think it's on there to introduce people to the game who aren't sure - then if they like it they're more likely to buy the next iteration.

I can see exactly what they were going for, and for a game like this I think it's a clever bit of marketing.

10 hours ago, kevhamster said:

This is not how things work.  The only things which you know for sure that will get added to Game Pass are those which are released by Microsoft owned developers as Microsoft have said this will happen.  Hence, why games like Gears 5 and The Outer Worlds were on the service on the day the were released.

Other than that, additions to Game Pass tend to get announced a week or two before they are added.  Therefore, until it is decided for sure the game will be added, you won't hear anything further from SI or Microsoft about it.  Which is fair enough - they obviously want as many people as possible to buy the game outright.

Personally, I think if FM20 is going to be added at any point, it likely won't be until around the end of the current season (so around May 2020 or thereabouts).

Hi Kev, how it works would depend on the agreement in place, it will be different for everyone, the one with si for the release of fm19 would have a schedule for 20/future versions(also a break clause) - you don't announce a partnership 6 months after a games release , and when it's 6 months from the next version, without a plan in place unless you are a bit special. 

Releasing on sub services can be complicated, a lot of parties to please, different financial model, a lot of moving parts but also the 2 opposite points of pleasing the fans/reaching more to try vs keep as much money for yourself. Either is fine. My gripe was the lack of clarity, they were too busy sniffing for stadia truffles. Regardless of if you are a fan of si or not, it's a half arsed way to be handled.

Anyway, have a good one, i'm out.