Downloading tactics 2020

Hi guys, having a few issues downloading and loading tactics in fm 2020, i usually just dowload and drag it into into sports interactive> football manager whatever year> tactics. However football manager 2020 doesnt appear like that anymore to just drag it in, any suggestions? probably been answered already so apologies if so but i cant see it 

Are you on windows or a mac?

In windows you need to check if you are going to the same folder when you are trying to load tactics > C:Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2002/Tactics

Mac is in Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2020/Tactics

12 hours ago, mattjones12291 said:

Im on mac but currently cant find library, really struggle to find my way round a computer :( thanks for the help

Previously the files would automatically be generated in the Documents folder here:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Documents/Sports Interactive 

Now the files will instead appear in the following location:

Users/YOUR Mac USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Sports Interactive

By default this folder is hidden, so to access you need to do as follows:

• Open Finder
  • Click ‘Go’ from the menubar
  • Press and hold down the ‘Option’ (Alt) key
  • This will bring up the ‘Library’, click to enter then go to ‘Application Support’ -> ‘Sports Interactive’ -> ‘Football Manager 2020’

- You will note this is also the location where the cache/logs/preferences and other similar folders are kept. This change will affect all mac operating systems.

You will need to move any current files across to this location for these to be read by the game. 

Because of the way gatekeeper works now on iMac you can also give Full Disk Access to Football Manager 2020 or any other application so that it can access files anywhere on your system. To do this you need to go to Systems Preferences/Security and Full Disk Access, just add Football Manager 2020 executable to the dropdown list

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-make-your-macs-library-folder-visible/

• 1 month later...
On 02/01/2020 at 22:52, wooders12 said:

I have found the folder for but there is not tactic folder in there do i need to create one. 

I am using a Macbook. 

I had the same problem and it was infuriating. I could find the folder through Finder no problem but Sports Interactive was nowhere to be seen in Application Support when you try to load through FM.

FM actually tries to load the wrong folder - you have to go back as far as you can then go to Users > Your username > Library > Application Support > Sports Interactive. FM by default tries to open Users > Library > Application Support and there is no Sports Interactive folder in there.

If there is no tactics folder then yes you can create one if you want but it makes no difference as FM will find the tactic as long as it's saved anywhere in Application Support. 

On 05/01/2020 at 10:57, Nyron said:

I had the same problem and it was infuriating. I could find the folder through Finder no problem but Sports Interactive was nowhere to be seen in Application Support when you try to load through FM.

FM actually tries to load the wrong folder - you have to go back as far as you can then go to Users > Your username > Library > Application Support > Sports Interactive. FM by default tries to open Users > Library > Application Support and there is no Sports Interactive folder in there.

If there is no tactics folder then yes you can create one if you want but it makes no difference as FM will find the tactic as long as it's saved anywhere in Application Support. 

I have tried the above and once i find the Football Manager 2020 folder in the game the tactics folder not in there let alone i created one. 

Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 18.59.18.png

Screenshot 2020-01-08 at 18.59.36.png